Release Date: January 11, 2013
6.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 10 Ratings
WATCH NOW
JohnMulnixFeb 20, 2013
I wonder how the other user review even came to their conclusions. The other user review at the time of this writing states that the film is a series of "unsubstantiated opinions"... I honestly can't see that at all. Phelim McAleer usesI wonder how the other user review even came to their conclusions. The other user review at the time of this writing states that the film is a series of "unsubstantiated opinions"... I honestly can't see that at all. Phelim McAleer uses actual EPA reports to debunk the entirety of the claims in the movie gasland. The EPA didn't find anything wrong over a series of MULTIPLE tests in relation to groundwater being contaminated by fracking. I struggle to see how that is an "unsubstantiated opinion".

Also I find it funny that the other review doesn't even have a cogent opening statement of why he dislikes the movie... "Again another pile of lies and slander against the energy industry." I thought this was a pro energy industry movie... maybe its time to dial the rage factor down so you can actually write a coherent review. Watch this movie and gasland and decide for yourself. Josh Fox, the director of gasland, wouldn't even debate any of the questions raised to him by Mr. McAleer. Google McAleer v Fox and see the video of an exchange between the two directors... it is very enlightening.
OroiaelJan 27, 2013
Again another pile of lies and slander against the energy industry. The film's talking points are portrayed as facts when in reality they are unsubstantiated opinions. Watching this uneven approach to fracking does more damage to the cause ofAgain another pile of lies and slander against the energy industry. The film's talking points are portrayed as facts when in reality they are unsubstantiated opinions. Watching this uneven approach to fracking does more damage to the cause of environmentalists than helps it, it makes anyone who questions the actions of the energy industry to be unreasonable, unintelligent, and dogmatic. What is most saddening is that a subject like this fails to find an even film portrayal of both sides of the issue. Sad movie from a bad filmmaker. Expand