Friday Night Lights

7.0

1. Jennifer
    Oct 11, 2004
    Depressing and without any insight into the character development for anyone. As for the acting, it was if they wanted to get a paycheck and get the hell out of there. The worst part was the close ups with the camera jumping all over the screen. After a while it became so bad that I had to stay just to see if there was anything worth salvaging? Unfortunately, there wasn't. A total bomb.
  2. Larry
    Dec 6, 2004
    Somebody turn out the lights as this party was over before it begun. Just awful and made by amateurs holding a hand held camera that jumps all over the place. If you're ready for some football go somewhere else.
  3. Hershey
    Oct 27, 2004
    Really sucked with little or no character development, terrible acting, except for Tim McGraw, who everyone hates. And the camera work is for hunger with closeups and the picture jumping all around. Unrealistic in that every tackle is of the bone crushing variety. The Coach doesn't care about winning only about having a job in a two bit town. Really awful.
  4. Meschelle
    Oct 9, 2004
    I hate this movie I was looking for something like Remeber the Titians, but I didn't get it. This movie did not give any background information on the Coach or Players.
  5. Fantasy
    Jan 30, 2005
    Sucked at every level. I was nauseus from the jittery cameraman. I guess he hated what he was watching too. Depressing immature filmmaking at its worse.
  6. SusanM.
    Feb 3, 2005
    Boring and pointless, unless you love, love, love football. I only gave it a 3 because I have a crush on Tim McGraw.
  7. RoxanneR.
    Oct 10, 2004
    Awful in every sense of the word. I don't know what made me sicker the jumping camera close ups or the terrible acting? If that weren't bad enough there was no feel to any of the characters as they were all as cold as ice. Depressing to say the least.
  8. Fusichinucca
    Oct 12, 2004
    Sucked about as bad as a movie could. I love sports but this was just disjointed. The coach and his family were about to be run out of town on a rail, and all they cared about was where he would next coach as if it were a joke. The players were nothing but meat on the slab which is true in the NFL but there was nothing to show the personalities of any of the cast. The town was depressing Sucked about as bad as a movie could. I love sports but this was just disjointed. The coach and his family were about to be run out of town on a rail, and all they cared about was where he would next coach as if it were a joke. The players were nothing but meat on the slab which is true in the NFL but there was nothing to show the personalities of any of the cast. The town was depressing in that the only thing that mattered was football. It was very unflattering to the State Of Texas if this is the way all small towns really are? And if is true then most would do anything they could to escape so that they could have a life. The worst part was the awful photography that made me dizzy. I only wish that this was on TV so I could have changed the channel. Expand
  9. Amber
    Oct 13, 2004
    Friday Night Lights can't even pay the electric bill as it was terrible. Who was behind the camera a chimpanzee? I was getting dizzy.
  10. Detroit
    Oct 13, 2004
    Pure trailer trash not worth the watch.
  11. DickE.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Love football but hated this depressing film. Just awful with a jumpy cameraman and even worse acting.
  12. DaveC.
    Oct 23, 2004
    Where can I get a refund. This movie was horrible! Looked like amature film making at it's finest. Almast got up and walked out.
  13. CarolC
    Oct 8, 2004
    Without a doubt one of the worst movies ever made. My first clue was the twenty unlucky ticket buyers who watched it with me on opening night. From there things got progressively worse. The photography is jumpy with only close ups which drives the viewer crazy. There is no character development at all. You care nothing at all for the characters as there is no in depth look to give them Without a doubt one of the worst movies ever made. My first clue was the twenty unlucky ticket buyers who watched it with me on opening night. From there things got progressively worse. The photography is jumpy with only close ups which drives the viewer crazy. There is no character development at all. You care nothing at all for the characters as there is no in depth look to give them any dimension. The only actor worth anything is a singer Tim McGraw the son of the late baseball player Tug McGraw who excels as the obnoxious win at all cost father to one of the players. The movie is a total mess and one could care less who wins the final game. Avoid at all costs as I would give this a negative ten if I could. The professional critics are bought and paid for to have given such a high score. What a joke. Expand
  14. BobH.
    Oct 9, 2004
    I'm dizzy from the screen jumping around as much as it did as the photography was awful. As for the movie, well, it was one of the worst screenplays I have ever seen and lacked any character development. I could not wait for it to be over. For a Saturday night opening the theater was half empty. Not even a good TV movie that is how bad it is. A terrible dissapointment considering the I'm dizzy from the screen jumping around as much as it did as the photography was awful. As for the movie, well, it was one of the worst screenplays I have ever seen and lacked any character development. I could not wait for it to be over. For a Saturday night opening the theater was half empty. Not even a good TV movie that is how bad it is. A terrible dissapointment considering the hype surrounding its debut. Word of mouth will end it in about three weeks. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  15. WillH.
    Oct 15, 2004
    I've read the book and as soon as I saw this movie was rated PG-13 I knew it would be a ridiculous underdog story with corniness and feel-good crap abound. The book was great because it talked about the incredible racial tensions in Odessa, and how they changed the school district line to get the black students into Odessa Permian. Also, NOTE TO SPORTS MOVIE MAKERS not all tackles in I've read the book and as soon as I saw this movie was rated PG-13 I knew it would be a ridiculous underdog story with corniness and feel-good crap abound. The book was great because it talked about the incredible racial tensions in Odessa, and how they changed the school district line to get the black students into Odessa Permian. Also, NOTE TO SPORTS MOVIE MAKERS not all tackles in a football game are earth-shattering plays. There are actually some stops where the ball-carrier does not have his helmet knocked off or is knocked 8 feet into the air. And, no, the clock does not stop after a running play that doesn't get a first down. This is unless in Texas all teams have unlimited timeouts. The makers of this movie must have thought people with no football knowledge at all were watching going to watch it. I give it three points for a good performance by Thornton. Expand
  16. TonyaK.
    Mar 11, 2005
    Sooo...friggin...BOR-ING!!! I fell asleep in the theater it sucked so bad! Has no point and is way to depressing, trust me, don't waste 2 hours on this crap. Do something less painful, like slam ur head in a door!
  17. BrandonL.
    Feb 17, 2008
    The script was complete crap so how could the movie be good. The book was amazing and helped keep up the energy of the game and the social aspect of the town, but the movie changed facts and made some moments "feel good" moments when in actuality they were horrible times.

1. The film lets you get caught up in the excitement of this religion and the addictive nature of those stadium lights. Berg and cinematographer Tobias Schliessler get up close to the action, catching the hits and miscues in all their violent urgency.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Friday Night Lights is the "Black Hawk Down" of high school football movies. As exclusively as Ridley Scott's picture was about combat, this film concerns football and nothing but.
    When Friday Night Lights gets to the big games, the time it's spent creates an atmosphere thick with tension, one akin to the real-world experience of watching a favorite team play for its life.