Columbia Pictures | Release Date: December 21, 2005
5.2
Mixed or average reviews based on 118 Ratings
WATCH NOW
M.M.Dec 26, 2005
I don't see why so many people can't just sit back and enjoy a movie. You don't have to point out every mistake. The movie was entertaining, that's all that matters.
2 of 2 users found this helpful
gm101Feb 15, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While there were some issues with plot, overall, I really enjoyed this movie. I honestly couldn't stop laughing at moments like when Jim Carrey's character tries to break into the U.S., and when he changed his voice robbing someone. Expand
ViolettJan 1, 2015
Far too naïve. Granted, the movie is funny - me and my mother used to laugh a lot, but there are too much unbelievable moments. Although, I can recommend it for family watch.
ClintM.Dec 30, 2005
Don't listen to all the negative press on this one. We all know Jim Carrey, and if you're a fan of his work, you'll laugh a lot and enjoy this movie completely. It's over the top, it's a little goofy, but it earns my 7!
SanjayAug 9, 2006
One of the funniest movies ever made...
DaveC.Dec 23, 2005
This is one of those films a lot of people will miss; it will fall between the cracks of bigger holiday movies or other family activities, and the rest will be scared off by the critics. Too bad, because it's actually quite an enjoyable This is one of those films a lot of people will miss; it will fall between the cracks of bigger holiday movies or other family activities, and the rest will be scared off by the critics. Too bad, because it's actually quite an enjoyable farce of our society. Sure, it's cartoonish at times, but in this way it resembles one of those political cartoons in the newspaper -- the kind you cut out and hang on your refridgerator because it made you laugh so much. Do yourself a favor: go see it, or at least rent it. Expand
MordecaiB.Dec 23, 2005
Very good. I don't know what the rest of these suckers were watching.
JoeC.Jan 2, 2006
This film is obviously made for people to laugh. It's not those complex film that gets really high score from critics. It's a good comedy, but where have you ever seen a comedy get higher than 8/10? I thought it was a great film.
Robert,Jr.Jan 3, 2006
I saw this movie without any expectations and quite surprisingly turned out to be pretty good. Jim Carrey's films (with the exception of The Majestic, and the other with Kate Winslet-dammit forgot the name) his comical films have been a I saw this movie without any expectations and quite surprisingly turned out to be pretty good. Jim Carrey's films (with the exception of The Majestic, and the other with Kate Winslet-dammit forgot the name) his comical films have been a waste of time. But this one here turned out to be entertaining. Expand
MarilynZ.Mar 2, 2006
I found this to be very funny. At one point, I took a sip of coke and the next I was laughing so hard I was thankful no one was sitting in front of me.
LarryK.Apr 22, 2006
"Fun with Dick and Jane" deserves better than the critical barbs its been receiving.Boring it was NOT! Painful it was NOT! Shockingly bad it was NOT! Fun it WAS. The chemistry between Carey and Leoni was the main strength of the movie. They "Fun with Dick and Jane" deserves better than the critical barbs its been receiving.Boring it was NOT! Painful it was NOT! Shockingly bad it was NOT! Fun it WAS. The chemistry between Carey and Leoni was the main strength of the movie. They really clicked. Carey didn't dominate Leoni nor did he try, and Leoni delivered the goods. I would LOVE to see them work together again. With the right scripts they could become a classic comedy team. "Fun with Dick and Jane" is not a yuck-fest, but it has plenty to make you smile about and a satisfying amount of laugh-filled moments. Expand
BryanW.Dec 23, 2005
Excellent dark comedy that skewers very well the hold that mega-corporations have over the country today, right down to the final credits.
MaryAnneDec 23, 2005
I don't understand the bad reviews-- I laughed out loud during the entire movie, something I haven't done since I saw Shrek 2. Thought it was funny funny funny.
SusanM.Dec 29, 2005
Silly and foolish, but overall it was pretty cute and funny, I got a few good laughs out of it.
BonehoC.Dec 31, 2005
The movie was fun and easy to get into. Unfortunately, there as many laughs as there are in a typical Carry flim.
KathyS.Jan 16, 2006
Smart and funny. Better than I expected. Good performances from Jim Carrey, Tea Leoni, Richard Jenkins, and Alec Baldwin.
joeDec 21, 2005
I know, i know all the critics hate it, but i liked it, thought it was damn funny. Jim Carry once again brings his humor to the big screen, if you like his movies you will like this.
DavidA.Dec 22, 2005
I think it deserves an 8 and one half. Am a have to agree with Joe from the review. It's a good enyoyable film if you like Jim's style of humor.
AlexDec 31, 2005
Dick and Jane started out slow and somewhat dull. however, the movie managed to save itself a little over 1/3 of the way in. it was funny, but not quite as funny as the commericals make it out to be. but, it was still prety good, and Dick and Jane started out slow and somewhat dull. however, the movie managed to save itself a little over 1/3 of the way in. it was funny, but not quite as funny as the commericals make it out to be. but, it was still prety good, and definitly something to see. Expand
ConnorS.Dec 31, 2005
I thought that it was a good movie, but is definetly not going to win any awards. it is one of those movies where you laugh, but when you think of it it was not so great afterall. it had a really slow start, and took a while to get into it.
avatar16Mar 6, 2012
Sans doute le film le plus étonnant de la filmographie de Jim Carrey car cette comédie se montre bien plus déjantée que l'acteur. En effet, le comédien seSans doute le film le plus étonnant de la filmographie de Jim Carrey car cette comédie se montre bien plus déjantée que l'acteur. En effet, le comédien se révèle plus sobre que d'habitude (à part dans quelques scènes), surtout si l'on est habitué à le voir dans des rôles tels que dans Ace Ventura, Disjoncté ou encore Menteur, Menteur. Mais cela n'enlève (heureusement) rien au pouvoir comique de l'ensemble, qui s'avère fort divertissant, avec ses situations délectables et très drôles (comme la course à l'entretien d'embauche), son casting (Jim Carrey égale à lui-même malgré sa sobriété, Téa Leoni pimpante...) et son ambiance bon enfant. Bref, Braqueurs Amateurs est une comédie bien sympathique ! Expand
Trev29Sep 9, 2012
I just like this movie. This movie was in fact fun. Love the actors. They were perfect fits for each other. It is silly and stupid, which is exactly what it is supposed to be.
njkkNov 15, 2012
Very funny, Jim Carrey should do more roles like this. At times this movie left me in stitches but when a recession hits it is not too far from the truth.
LeZeeOct 24, 2016
A guide on how to get through during unemployment.

A guide on how to get through during unemployment.

I thought I have seen almost all the films of Jim Carrey, but then I found that's not true, so I decided to start with this. This is a remake of the 70s film or you could say the second screen adaptation of the novel of the same name. I haven't seen the other version, but I must admit that I enjoyed it thoroughly. This is not the greatest comedy I have ever seen, but still so good with great performances, particularly Jim Carrey's.

A simple storyline, a couple loses their jobs and they find hard to get another. They begin to lose one by one, everything that belongs to them and finally the house is the last thing they want to lose. So they plan to do something very serious thing to tackle their situation and seems its working out so well, but for how long. Then comes their masterplan to the permanent solution and how they accomplish it is what leads to the conclusion.

The film was so fast, feels too short or like a TV episode. That means makes us to feel to have more, but it ends very nice way. The story might feel silly, but the comedies are so good. And if you like Jim Carrey and his trademark jokes, then you would have a great time. Truly, I haven't seen a good comedy from the recent time releases, so I'm happy I saw this, even though it is a decade old. There's no serious negative stuffs in it like drugs, sex or nudity, so I think it is okay for family viewing.