tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Jul 22, 2014
    French Canadian movie about a young woman with Williams syndrome. It was also the Canada's entry for the 86th American Academy Awards, but it did not find a place in the final nominee list. A great potential tale which speaks about an innocent love story in the cruel world.

22 year-old Gabrielle with Williams syndrome is good at music and one of the leading choirs who are preparing for
    an event. She comes to know her, fellow choir member Martin and fall in love. But, before the relationship going to be thicken get opposed by their parents. The reason won't convince them, so they decide to prove and that is the story this beautiful movie explores with great intensity.

‘‘I think it's great, everything you've done for your sister.
    But you have to stop hiding behind her.’’

This is one of the awesome movie that I saw from the Canada. Unbelievable performances the character Gabrielle and Martin. This movie should have been at the Oscars, but the simplicity of the story might be the reason than the rest of the powerful execution for not making thus far. The real winners are these two lead characters, who made the movie into a splendid piece of art. It makes so sad for not widely noticed, could have been appreciated everywhere if it was a Hollywood product. So what I say is dub this movie and spread it because I don't want movie goer to miss this wonderful flick.

There are many things to learn from it, especially music was another highlight. Both, 'Ordinary' and 'The Passenger' tracks are my favorite. So two more songs to put into my movie song collection, though it was not composed specially for the movie, but I liked it. Anyway, a movie not to be missed if you like the dramas with emotionally appealing concepts.

1. Reviewed by: Mike D'Angelo
    Jul 5, 2014
    Frequently charming. Marion-Rivard, who won Canada’s equivalent of the Best Actress Oscar earlier this year (the film itself won Best Picture), gives a strong, sophisticated performance, even as she’s disarmingly open in a way that would be almost impossible for an actor without Williams syndrome to fake.
  2. Reviewed by: Betsy Sharkey
    Jul 3, 2014
    Though the movie wears its agenda on its sleeve, the music and the cast, many of them members of the real Les Muses, as Marion-Rivard was for a time, are simply so charming that it makes Gabrielle hard to resist.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Jul 3, 2014
    If the title role of Gabrielle weren’t so fully embodied by its star, Gabrielle Marion-Rivard, this French Canadian movie about love among the disabled would fall on the condescendingly mushy side of the line between heartwarming and saccharine.