Get Carter

5.2

1. ElaineT.
    Feb 13, 2001
    We walked out and got our money back about 10 minutes into the movie. It was shot too close, Stalone looked awful. His eyeliner was too obvious. The acting was embarrassing. Was there a plot? As I said, we couldn't stay to find out. Besides, I had to rearrange my sock drawer.
  2. RichB.
    Mar 25, 2002
    Either you get this kind of movie or you don't. If you do, this is a great film with an aspiring look and sound, with Stallone adding a perfect performance.
  3. BillW.
    Nov 26, 2001
    Understated, particularlarly in this age of of overdone special effects, a true bad ass.
  4. DingoR.
    Sep 12, 2002
    Good chase scenes. Good one liners. If you don't like action don't bother. but when comparing apples to apples ... A good action flick.. Plot is straight forward action revenge.
  5. JohnC.
    Feb 14, 2004
    Loved it these people are just plain idoits.
  6. Jul 29, 2012
    I dont understand the negative reviews i dont think people really gave this a chance.In no way is the Action movie like Cobra or Tango and Cash but Stallone is Excellent and is on his game,As is my other fav actor Mickey Rourke.Great story Great movie!
  7. RyanM.
    Aug 31, 2001
    Please. If you're looking to make a film, make a film, don't make a ludicrous unwatchable media slammer.
  8. GetMulroneycakes
    Dec 2, 2002
    Get Kay, more like. Surprisingly good cast, but this film is just intrinisically WRONG. IT'S WRONG.
  9. ElaineT.
    Feb 13, 2001
  10. YoonMinC.
    Sep 28, 2003
    What invested the original so much with grim emotional power was the element of the stifling class divisions in British society. It was a great kitchen sink gangster movie. Caine was rebelling against the built-in priveleges in the hierarchical system that led to his brother dead and left him near powerless. To be sure, what with the dot.com millionaires of the 90s, this remake of Get What invested the original so much with grim emotional power was the element of the stifling class divisions in British society. It was a great kitchen sink gangster movie. Caine was rebelling against the built-in priveleges in the hierarchical system that led to his brother dead and left him near powerless. To be sure, what with the dot.com millionaires of the 90s, this remake of Get Carter has some class elements too but it doesn't have the repressed anger of the original. And, it's also louder and more stupid because it's a Hollywood movie with Stallone mumbling most of his lines. If you thought some of the cockney accents were hard to catch in the original, forget about discerning Stallone's teutonic lunkhead babytalk. Expand
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    Good turns by Stallone and Rourke are wasted by Tony Kaye's over-stylized direction and poor pacing. Bad films are not near as bothersome as the ones with good source material and a good cast that frankly should have been more than merely watchable.

It's almost always night and almost always raining.
  2. New York Daily News
    Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    The result is a throwaway story hidden beneath a messy jumble of weird camera angles, worthless editing tricks and an ill-placed, obnoxious score.
    So minimally plotted that not only does it lack subtext or context, but it also may be the world's first movie without even a text.