7.1

1. AlexW
    Jun 27, 2008
    I was almost rolling on the movie theater floor I was laughing so hard. This movie is hilarious. Steve Carell is amazing, Alan Arkin is great, Anne Hathaway blew me away and Dwayne Johnson pulled of a great comedic role. I can't wait to buy the DVD!
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    The action was better than I expected. As far as the humor goes, all the scenarios that Max gets himself into are, for the most part, hilarious. Side characters supply great one-liners,too.
  3. JohnU
    Nov 9, 2008
    I am a fan of the original. I feel this remake did it justice. Great writing, acting, humor, special effects/stunts. It made me laugh out loud on multiple occassions. My two teenage kids really appreciated it too.
  4. JimG.
    Jun 21, 2008
    It was impossible to stop laughing while watching it. Steve Carrell played his part very well, as well as Anne Hathaway (who looked exceptionally beautiful) and the humor was both for adults and children. That might've been the best movie I've ever seen.
  5. HarrisonK.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Excellent work! Very, very funny.
  6. AlexW.
    Jun 22, 2008
    The critics don't know what they are talking about. I took a chance and skipped out on Love Guru which was more hyped to go see Get Smart and i definitely made the right decision. Keeps you laughing for 90% of the movie, which is a hard thing to do with a movie as long as this (2 hours). Steve Carell was funny as hell and Get Smart is definitely a must see for this summer.
  7. PatrickC.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Great movie, very funny, perhaps a bit cheesy in some parts, but overall, a very enjoyable movie.
  8. SteveO
    Jun 30, 2008
    This is like the best movie ever compared to THE LOVE GURU which is like the worst movie ever.
  9. JoshuaB.
    Jul 4, 2008
    One of the funniest movies Ive seen lately. Along the lines of Dumb and Dumber type humor, it pulls comedy off of a dying style, and makes it work wonderfully.
  10. JohnH
    Jun 7, 2009
    This is a very excellent movie. At the beginning, you start to think this is not going to be good, but it really is a terrific hilarious movie. This is a movie that you like better after seeing it the first time, as well. I recommend everyone see the movie. It has a great cast with great characters, Max, (Agent 86) 99, the Chief, Agent 23, Laraby, and many other characters. I would also This is a very excellent movie. At the beginning, you start to think this is not going to be good, but it really is a terrific hilarious movie. This is a movie that you like better after seeing it the first time, as well. I recommend everyone see the movie. It has a great cast with great characters, Max, (Agent 86) 99, the Chief, Agent 23, Laraby, and many other characters. I would also recommend people to see the original TV show of Get Smart. It's hilarious. See this movie, and see it a second time, it is much better after seeing two times! Expand
  11. IanW.
    Jun 21, 2008
    One of the funniest movies I have ever seen, and you can hardly go half a minute without laughing, as Steve Carell does an excellent job in his role. It is ridiculous and ridiculously funny, it is a must see.
  12. CallieM.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Loved it. Great casting, hilariously funny, wonderful action scenes combined with a lovely nod to the t.v. show.
  13. WalterH.
    Jul 1, 2008
    This movie will be a classic. Like Star Trek's replacement ST-TNG it is hard to fill the predecessor's shoes. This one did a nice job.
  14. WillH.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Very funny. True to Steve Carell's comedic history; perhaps funnier than the original.
  15. NicoE.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Get Smart is a hilarious movie, but not only is it funny the action scenes are top notch. The story isn't extremely deep but is cleverly crafted. you have too see this movie it is the best movie I've seen all summer.
  16. LouisH.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Get Smart Gets a 10 because it Gets me laughing, even after its over. And for those of u who don't Get this movie, Get funny, or Get bent.
  17. MichaelS.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Brilliant and funny from beginning to end. Blink and you'll miss one of the many 1/10 second sight gags.
  18. ELC
    Jun 21, 2008
    Very enjoyable and just plain fun. Great update of the show improved humor and got rid of all the sexist undertones in the series.
  19. AmsterdamV.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Very funny. Expect for some bad fat jokes and some Bush bashing, this was quite funny. The plot was silly, but the jokes completely redeemed the weak story.
  20. CodyB.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious. It was much much better than I thought it would be. Steve Carell made this movie successful. Movie critics are so stuck on themselves that they have forgotten how to enjoy a movie. Its too bad because there are a lot of great shows out there that are really good, including Get Smart, and they are missing the boat.
  21. EvanB.
    Jun 20, 2008
    I just saw this movie tonight and it was by far the funniest movie of the year! Look for a surprise appearance from Bill Murray!!!
  22. JulieV.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Steve Carell is 100% hilarious and a real action man. The comedy is nicely timed and not overdone. It is subtle mixed in with slap stick with enough bang to make you laugh aloud not just chuckle here and there. Not normally a fan of Hathaway but she does a great job as 99. Alan Arkin is on fire and hope to see him in Get Smart II with HYMIE.
  23. JamesL.
    Jul 17, 2008
    This movie is one of the best Steve Carell movie ever. He is so funny in that movie. He is comedy as gold and with the slapstick in that movie will keep laughing. All the actor have done a great job in this.
  24. KentD.
    Jul 18, 2008
    Great "Flash Back" to a very funny TV series I grew up with. I thought the movie was a well done. Special effects were "Good" if not "Great". The punch lines were well placed. Even the flash back and the "shoe phone" was good. Didn't get the driving the small car out of CONTROL and then running out of gas. Ms Hathaway was GREAT as 99 and very easy to look at. She carried the support Great "Flash Back" to a very funny TV series I grew up with. I thought the movie was a well done. Special effects were "Good" if not "Great". The punch lines were well placed. Even the flash back and the "shoe phone" was good. Didn't get the driving the small car out of CONTROL and then running out of gas. Ms Hathaway was GREAT as 99 and very easy to look at. She carried the support role perfect. VERY FUNNY. Go see it or buy it on DVD. It's a keeper. Expand
  25. RonaldS.
    Jul 2, 2008
    The people who said this movie was humorfree should try sitting in the theatre next time, instead of in the bathroom reading the graffiti.. this movie had me rolling in tears, especially the bathroom/package scene.. heh.
  26. JasonH
    Oct 13, 2009
    Steve is a comedic master of portraying immersive believable reactions in the heat of unbelievable situations. Comedy that doesn't beat you over the head and rewards the viewer who notices its subtleties is true comedy, and this movie is mostly that.
  27. AronJ.
    Dec 1, 2008
    This movie is nothing short of fun, and hilarious. Carrell at this best. The actors clicked, the story made sense, and a very well directed movie.
  28. MichaelJ.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Absolutely outstanding cast. Perfect balance of comedy, action, and gadgetry. Very well done. And while it may not satisfy the diehard Get Smart fan, the other 90% of us will undoubtedly enjoy this film.
  29. Jan
    Jun 22, 2008
    Very funny movie! I laughed out loud many times, and so did the rest of the audience. Steve Carell is a favorite of mine and I'm hoping this will be a hit for him!
  30. RobertB
    Jun 22, 2008
    The casting of this movie was simply brilliant! Took my three kids to see it, and we couldn't stop laughing and quoting parts of the for hours afterwards. Steve Carell was a perfect replacement for Don Adams! Was it campy? Yes. Was the plot deep and thoughtful? No. Was is really funny? YES! If you loved the original Get Smart, then this lovingly crafted homage will appeal to you as The casting of this movie was simply brilliant! Took my three kids to see it, and we couldn't stop laughing and quoting parts of the for hours afterwards. Steve Carell was a perfect replacement for Don Adams! Was it campy? Yes. Was the plot deep and thoughtful? No. Was is really funny? YES! If you loved the original Get Smart, then this lovingly crafted homage will appeal to you as well (especially given all the cameos by original cast members). Expand
  31. ChrisE
    Jun 27, 2008
    HILARIOUS! At first I was a little iffy going in.. But i LOVED it.
  32. MikhailR
    Jun 29, 2008
    I walked into this movie with relatively low expectations, but they were easily shattered. I laughed basically every other minute, and quite strongly too! This movie is unbelievable, truly one of the funniest and SMARTEST comedies I've seen in a LONG time.
  33. JC
    Jul 11, 2008
    Ken Davitian, Dalip Singh, Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne Johnson, Terry Crews and David Koechner in the same movie. It's great! Has a great blend of action and comedy in it!
  34. KarenW.
    Sep 14, 2008
    When I was young, I was a fan of the series, and this made me howl with laughter as an adult. It had enough references to the TV show that those of us in the know got the jokes, but it didn't overdo it so it became too hip for its own good for those unfamiliar with the show's buzzwords. There was some extremely hip humor--- an aging-gracefully Alan Arkin as the Chief correcting When I was young, I was a fan of the series, and this made me howl with laughter as an adult. It had enough references to the TV show that those of us in the know got the jokes, but it didn't overdo it so it became too hip for its own good for those unfamiliar with the show's buzzwords. There was some extremely hip humor--- an aging-gracefully Alan Arkin as the Chief correcting the President's mispronunciation of the word "nuclear" (thank God somebody finally did this) or Smart hanging precariously from an airplane banner advertising a suicide hot line. There's some triumph of the nerds to the plot as well --- benched field agents can't cope with computer windows, and Smart, depicted as a one-time analyst, talks his way out of a dangerous situation by recognizing the villain from a recorded conversation and telling him how to fix his relationship problems. Stever Carell deadpans perfectly, and Anne Hathaway has the understated, slightly goofy allure of the original Agent 99. I hesitated to see this because I thought, "Oh, no, another knock-off of an old TV show," but my son insisted, and it turned out to be something that had the entire family in stitches without being offensive on any level. Considering that The Dark Knight, which glorified violence, had the same rating, one has to be wondering what the MPAA is thinking. Expand
  35. AnyaT.
    May 22, 2009
    When I first sat down to watch Get Smart I had absolutely no idea what it was about, but I had low expectations. I expected it to be the usual dumb comedy fare. I was pleasantly delighted that instead I got a deadpan, engaging, smart and hilarious film, with action and adventure and a great cast. It was also the film that introduced me to the myriad pleasures of Steve Carell. One of my When I first sat down to watch Get Smart I had absolutely no idea what it was about, but I had low expectations. I expected it to be the usual dumb comedy fare. I was pleasantly delighted that instead I got a deadpan, engaging, smart and hilarious film, with action and adventure and a great cast. It was also the film that introduced me to the myriad pleasures of Steve Carell. One of my favourite comedies and such a pleasant surprise. Expand
  36. HMW
    Mar 8, 2012
    This movie had everything, action, mystery, and nonstop comedy. All the actors worked well together and were great spies! Steve and Anne worked well together as well as th rest of the cast. Highly recommended!
  37. Sep 29, 2013
    A silly movie with nice visuals and an atmosphere that is harmless. It is extremely fun to watch, and all the characters are just like he TV show in the 60's. Steve Carrel is perfect for the role, and many scenes are hilarious as he uses some classic Maxwell Smart catchphrases.
  38. Jul 8, 2014
    Get Smart was an absolutely fantastic movie! It is filled with action, a TON of comedy, and suspense that will leave you breathless. The visual and special effects on this movie is a definite crowd pleaser. The actors were superbly phenomenal and were well-suited for their parts. Great movie, great actors, great effects, great storyboard, and a great pleasure to watch!

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    In this distressingly generic spy spoof, it's not Maxwell who's clueless, but the filmmakers.
  2. This is a slap-dash effort whose producers threw money and stunts onscreen instead of the satirical gags and one-liners that made the old spy spoof so memorable.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Helmer Peter Segal's formulaic takeoff is neither fish nor fowl, not quite faithful to the show, but not quite bringing it into the 21st century either.