5.3

1. Mar 29, 2013
    A very off line Gi Joe movie, I was very excited for this one and it was good. First of all, there is this guy who is not Duke and is not Channing Tatum and he's still in the movie I mean is there some connection Mr. Chu? But, don't listen to me, this is a great oddball creation and is the best action movie so far in 2013 rather than Dead Man Down, and Retaliation has a boost up upgrade toA very off line Gi Joe movie, I was very excited for this one and it was good. First of all, there is this guy who is not Duke and is not Channing Tatum and he's still in the movie I mean is there some connection Mr. Chu? But, don't listen to me, this is a great oddball creation and is the best action movie so far in 2013 rather than Dead Man Down, and Retaliation has a boost up upgrade to actors, direction, story and screenplay. Rise Of The Cobra was a little disappointing and this sequel has everything- guns, chicks, and- hey! Dwayne Johnson! The film had good pace and timing, it keeps you hooked up till the end. Now, Bruce Willis is in the movie but is he cool in this movie? Duh, he's Bruce Willis and this Muscular Baldie is epic awesome is this movie. So, for the bad critics out there who think that this movie is bad- Watch It Again. I mean, it's a GOOD movie, its what Gi Joe fans want! It just like the cartoons and it has Cobra Menace! Expand
  2. Mar 29, 2013
    This a Frankly a Step Up from the franchise. I didn't expect the movie to be great. I Was Disappointed. This Movie is Amazing For Action Fans- It's the best action movie of 2013 so far. The Cast is very likable Dwayne The Rock Johnson handles the Character with ease. He good the in the emotional scenes and his 'few' comic scenes with Channing Tatum are a delight. Bruce Willis plays anThis a Frankly a Step Up from the franchise. I didn't expect the movie to be great. I Was Disappointed. This Movie is Amazing For Action Fans- It's the best action movie of 2013 so far. The Cast is very likable Dwayne The Rock Johnson handles the Character with ease. He good the in the emotional scenes and his 'few' comic scenes with Channing Tatum are a delight. Bruce Willis plays an icing on the cake.The Action sequences are awesome in 3D. 9/10 Expand
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    Oh my God! This movie was excellent It is action-packed from beginning to the end. I loved the high tech toys and the special effects. I was thrilled the whole timed Dwayne The Rock) is fine as usual. Whoever does not like this movie, don't believe them, please go and judge for yourself. I go to the show to be entertained, and this is what you get from G.I.Joe.
  4. Jan 19, 2014
    This is way better than the first. The Action, Story, and Cast all better! Now maybe I liked allot cause I am comparing it to the last, but this was fun to watch.My only issue was the attempt at comedy in the beginning. I just wish they stopped trying to throw pointless jokes in, but overall it was fun to watch. I really don`t get why it has such a low rating.
  5. Apr 7, 2013
    A big improvement over the first one. The 3D Was worth it The rock was perfect as Roadblock Lady Jaye was also good ,Flint was ok .Loved Channing Tatum as Duke .Cobra Commander was just Badass although they should showed him more Bruce Willis great to see him as the original joe .Jon Chu has done it right can't wait for G.I.JOE 3
  6. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. G.I. Joe Retaliation is an huge action rollercoaster ride but it could've been a little more longer. It's a great big huge start for the franchise better than the last one. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Apr 3, 2013
    There actually is some clever dialogue in the film, especially early on between Roadblock and Duke (Tatum). But this fades over the course of the film, and too much of what the characters say sounds as though it’s been lifted verbatim from 1930s and 1940s serials.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Apr 3, 2013
    This movie never realizes how ridiculous anything it does truly is, right up to the last-second promise of another sequel.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Apr 1, 2013
    An action figure with a sweet core, Johnson can pump up the humanity of any franchise, whether he’s playing a stepdad who becomes a hero in Journey 2 or, as here, a stud soldier who treats Flint and Jaye like his grown children and shepherds them through peril. Following those younger Joes, the Retaliation audience is encouraged to clamber up on Johnson’s huge soldiers and go along for a pretty cool ride.