8.9

1. Dec 21, 2014
    The whole movie is awesome, from the scenery and the community the whole story is put in, to the monstrously gory practical effects. The ending, though, along with the musical score, brought tears to my eyes. Brutally, unabashedly melancholic. The Canadian answer to "Donnie Darko".
  2. Jan 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is a great dark comedy horror that is one of my all time favorites, including the sequels (Ginger Snaps Back & Ginger Snaps: The Beginning) although they are no where near as good as the first film. But like so many other B &/or independent movies Ginger Snaps is not very well known nor is it given the credit it deserves. If you grew up an outcast or love anything morbid then you will fall in love with teenage twins Bridget & Ginger & their gothy twisted sense of being. If you've ever wanted to hit a snobby bully with a field hockey stick or think that different ways to commit suicide are interesting then this is a must see. If not or if you are that snobby bully then I still recommend you see this film. It's one werewolf movie that doesn't disappoint! Expand
  3. May 18, 2013
    At first you might think it is a funny teenie horror comedy, that is true.
    But in the end might pass the laugh. The movie will be bloody, creepy and sad!
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    I absolutley love this film. It's truly a classic with it's dark comedy, smart writing, and great acting. It's comparison between lycanthropism and puberty is unique. One of my favorite films. Buy it now.

This Canadian cheapie plays like an above-average "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" episode, filtered through the sensibility of early David Cronenberg.
  2. The best teenage werewolf movie ever made.
  3. It makes sly sense to link female hormonal bursts with the lunar cycle of the werewolf, but the movie's final act is the usual matted-fur chase.