8.5

1. Sep 2, 2012
    I think you have to be a fan of he book to really enjoy the movie, since the author of the book wrote the screen play. And I got that feeling when I watched the movie, there were parts that didn't really make sense to me, things happened that seemed pretty important but were no explanation as to why they happened (mainly near the end). That being said I did enjoy the movie, it wasn't great, but Graham Phillips (Ellis) was an interesting and well acted character that kept me interested. I really liked the scenes with him at the school interacting with his roommate (Nicholas Lobue) and scenes with his father (Ty Burrell) and his girlfriend (Keri Russell), all of whom acted really well. I would have liked to see more scenes with them. I didn't really care for the parts of the movie that took place in Arizona, but the parts also David Duchovny enjoyable. In all it's a good movie, well acted, directed and really good dialogue but I would have probable liked the movie more if there won't as many loose ends as there were and if it had a better ending. By the way this is not a comedy like the trailer makes it seem, its more of a light drama. 6.5/10 Expand

1. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Aug 12, 2012
    It all remains remarkably free of memorable comic situations, dramatic tension or emotional insight. Adolescence may be bruising, crazy or normal, but it's rarely this staid.
  2. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Aug 10, 2012
    First-time director Christopher Neil (a Coppola cousin) scores points for scenery: The treks in the Arizona desert are shot beautifully - as is Duchovny's chiseled, oft-naked bod.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Aug 9, 2012
    Goats is just b-a-a-a-aad.