7.8

1. Jun 11, 2014
    As a James Bond action film, it's certainly one of the best. It's also a great action movie. Perhaps it is not as artistic as some other movies, but it succeeds for what it is. Definitely a strong recommendation towards GoldenEye.
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    This is the BEST James Bond film ever made as it is full of style, amazing action pieces that really dazzle and entertain, Pierce Brosnan is an excellent Bond (wit, humor, action, style, brutality), Xenia Onatopp is the greatest creation of a villain and Bond girl (because her weapon is Bond' worst nightmare), the villain is truly threatening and played very well by Sean Bean, the titleThis is the BEST James Bond film ever made as it is full of style, amazing action pieces that really dazzle and entertain, Pierce Brosnan is an excellent Bond (wit, humor, action, style, brutality), Xenia Onatopp is the greatest creation of a villain and Bond girl (because her weapon is Bond' worst nightmare), the villain is truly threatening and played very well by Sean Bean, the title song is awesome and classic Bond, the script for this film is VERY well written and witty, etc. Everything about this film screams classic Bond and it is by far the greatest spy film ever made and has yet to be topped. Amazing film. Collapse
  3. Jul 10, 2013
    This movie feels refined and unique. It still feels that way today, it's definitely stylish and puts new cards on the table. It's a wonderful experience and has so many cool moments and the movie is just magnificent in every way. Pierce Brosnan shows he may be the most fun Bond and combines everything of what we loved with previous Bonds and puts them onto his with something new on theThis movie feels refined and unique. It still feels that way today, it's definitely stylish and puts new cards on the table. It's a wonderful experience and has so many cool moments and the movie is just magnificent in every way. Pierce Brosnan shows he may be the most fun Bond and combines everything of what we loved with previous Bonds and puts them onto his with something new on the table as well. Bond is put up against few of the best villains in the series and up with some of the best action scenes in the series too. Such a great movie and easily one of the best! Expand
  4. Apr 13, 2013
    Definitely my favorite Bond movie. Not the best, but it's still good. Pierce Brosnan's debut as Bond is very convincing, and the movie is very fast paced.
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    Goldeneye is one of the best, if not THE best 007 movie in existence. Brosnin makes a strong entry into the franchise (one that he never came close to topping) and the cast is padded out with ultra-memorable villains (Alec Trevelyan & Xenia Onatopp). Who could ever forget James Bond romping around the streets of St. Petersberg in a hulking tank?! Of course, sometimes it's hard to divorceGoldeneye is one of the best, if not THE best 007 movie in existence. Brosnin makes a strong entry into the franchise (one that he never came close to topping) and the cast is padded out with ultra-memorable villains (Alec Trevelyan & Xenia Onatopp). Who could ever forget James Bond romping around the streets of St. Petersberg in a hulking tank?! Of course, sometimes it's hard to divorce the delights of Goldeneye the movie and the Goldeneye N64 game but they actually support one another in tandem. A memory of either would be incomplete without the other. Excellent stuff all around. Expand
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    One of the best Bond movies of all time, and not to mention that even a game of the same title is better than the movie. Great action, great excitement and some great stunts. Some of the characters in this movie are simply just the beginning of their new careers since they're interesting.
  7. Oct 29, 2012
    GoldenEye probably has the worst actors a Bond movie has ever had. The dialogues are crude and almost all of Bonds stunts are extremely unrealistic. The Pierce Brosnan movies are a shame for the series, yet GoldenEye is one of the best in his career. The reason why I give it at least 4 points is: rememberable scenes (bungee jump, Judi Dench's first 'M' appearance, Death scene of the mainGoldenEye probably has the worst actors a Bond movie has ever had. The dialogues are crude and almost all of Bonds stunts are extremely unrealistic. The Pierce Brosnan movies are a shame for the series, yet GoldenEye is one of the best in his career. The reason why I give it at least 4 points is: rememberable scenes (bungee jump, Judi Dench's first 'M' appearance, Death scene of the main villain) and as action crime it's not a complete failure. You can watch it, but you do better with Connery's, Dalton's or Craig's Bond. Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2012
    I believe this was Pierce Brosnan's best Bond film. If this is your first Bond movie and you liked it, watch the older ones first, they are more like this. The newer bond films, with Daniel Craig, are good movies, but they are not the same as the older Bond movies, the older movies center more on action and comedy while the ones with Craig focus on Action. Golden Eye was a great movie withI believe this was Pierce Brosnan's best Bond film. If this is your first Bond movie and you liked it, watch the older ones first, they are more like this. The newer bond films, with Daniel Craig, are good movies, but they are not the same as the older Bond movies, the older movies center more on action and comedy while the ones with Craig focus on Action. Golden Eye was a great movie with both comedy and action, and a crazy sadist chick, which I found was pretty funny. PS. oo7 is awesome. Expand
  9. Oct 14, 2012
    Best Bond movie ever! In the cloud of the best movies ever. The only Pierce Brosnan movie that came in, killed, and went home, thus causing a thunderstorm that lasted for a decade from this one event. You just don't overtop this movie. It is a monument to the endurance of the essence of Bond, and Ian Flemming's ghost that keeps its heart pumping. James Bond will Return.
  10. Apr 20, 2012
    While not a classic or the most authentic bond film, I enjoyed it immensely. This is the bond film of my childhood and along with the Golden Eye game on the n64, is very memorable. There is the usual great cheesy monologue. Boris: "Speak to me!" ... priceless
  11. Feb 24, 2012
    The flick, "GoldenEye" is certainly one of the best James Bond films ever made (the greatest in the Pierce Brosnan era) so in a film series which encompasses more than twenty movies I would say that is quite an impressive feat. This feature manages to bring to the big screen everything you love about these pictures e.g. large amounts of action, sexy Bond girls and really horrible villainsThe flick, "GoldenEye" is certainly one of the best James Bond films ever made (the greatest in the Pierce Brosnan era) so in a film series which encompasses more than twenty movies I would say that is quite an impressive feat. This feature manages to bring to the big screen everything you love about these pictures e.g. large amounts of action, sexy Bond girls and really horrible villains you can't wait to see get their comeuppance by 007. Perhaps the only drawback is the lot itself which takes a backseat to the theme of betrayal. Expand
  12. Oct 9, 2011
    I'm going to try not to sound like a fan boy despite the fact I am a huge Bond fan and Goldeneye is my favourite of the Bonds. So without further ado, here it is.
    Goldeneye isn't flawless but it comes pretty close with it being a great restart of a franchise that had been unfortunately damaged by some truly terrible movies (The Living Daylights and License to Kill). The film chooses to introduce Bond to the modern world complete with post Cold War ideals and some great action sequences. If anything the main draw of Goldeneye is that following a rather dull revenge story (License to Kill) it manages to bring the fun back to the series with a new Bond (Pierce Brosnan) who clearly understands the character more than Moore, Lazenby and Dalton ever did. Goldeneye while reverting Bond back to his fun loving self also allows Brosnan room to breath with him showing a vulnerable if not scarred character that was conveyed in the books despite the fact Goldeneye is the first film not adapted from a Ian Fleming story although the title does allude to Fleming.
    The main flaw with Goldeneye is that it shoehorns the characters of Jack Wade and Valentin Zukovsky in for some light comic relief that really does fall flat which is a shame as Robbie Coltrane is a great actor.
    However despite this Goldeneye has some entertaining characters such as Alec 'Janus' Travelyan (Sean Bean) and Boris Grishenko (Alan Cummings) who are not only fun but well acted. If anything this film feels fantastically tense with the finale being especially good thanks to some skillful direction by Martin Campbell and a ball point pen.
  13. Jun 24, 2011
    Not being a particularly big Bond fan I wasn't sure what to expect from this but I really enjoyed it. The actual plot about the Goldeneye and what that's all about is a bit flakey but to be honest I never really noticed that because the performances were really good across the board and the action sequences were fantastic. Pierce Brosnan's Bond avoids being arrogant to the point ofNot being a particularly big Bond fan I wasn't sure what to expect from this but I really enjoyed it. The actual plot about the Goldeneye and what that's all about is a bit flakey but to be honest I never really noticed that because the performances were really good across the board and the action sequences were fantastic. Pierce Brosnan's Bond avoids being arrogant to the point of annoyance like I found other Bonds to do, bringing a fresh-faced enthusiasm to the role. Good fun! Expand
  14. May 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the seventeenth James Bond film, and first of four starring Pierce Brosnan as 007. It is also the first of two directed by Martin Campbell (Casino Royale).

After a mission to destroy a nerve gas factory in the Soviet Union goes bad, 007's friend and fellow MI6 agent 006, Alex Trevelyan (Sean Bean) is executed by Soviet General Ourumov. Nine years later, after the Cold War is over, a secret Soviet weapon called GoldenEye is stolen by Ourumov and a sexy former Soviet fighter pilot, Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen), who kills her prey by squeezing them to death with her thighs! Now with the GoldenEye in the hands of the mysterious, unseen crime-lord Janus, Bond must travel to Russia to track down the weapon before it is used on the world. While in Russia, 007 learns that Janus is really Trevelyan, and he plans to use GoldenEye to launch a deadly electromagnetic pulse from a commandeered Russian space satellite, disabling the entire electrical and computer grid in Great Britain, throwing their financial status into chaos, as revenge for his parents death. With the help of a beautiful Russian computer programmer, Natalya Simonova (Izabella Scorupco), Bond must race against time to reach Cuba and find Trevelyan's secret headquarters before he succeeds with his sinister plot of revenge.

It had been six years since the last 007 film (License to Kill), and Pierce Brosnan had finally brought back the style and charm that Sean Connery had originally brought to Bond in the 60's, mixed with the sly humor that Roger Moore instilled into the character during the 70's and 80's.

Along with a new Bond, 007 also has a new boss, Dame Judi Dench as "M". She is perfect in her no nonsense approach, and has become a staple of Bond films since. Also, new to the series is Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny, in which her playful banter back and forth with 007 is reminiscent of the early Connery/Lois Maxwell days of the 60's. Sean Bean makes a really good nemesis to Bond, even though he really isn't in the movie all that much. Famke Janseen's incredibly sexual Onatopp is a throwback to the villainesses of old, and the gorgeous Izabella Scorupco is the best Bond girl in a long while. The impressive supporting cast also includes Joe Don Baker, Robbie Coltrane, Alan Cumming and a funny little cameo by Minnie Driver.

This is a really entertaining movie and the best Bond since 1983's "Octopussy".
  15. Aug 28, 2010
    GoldenEye is one my favorite Bond films ever! Pierce Brosnan is the best James Bond character ever. The action scenes are too great. Two of my favorite Bond girls is Natalya Simonova (played by Isabella Scorpuco) and Xenia Onatopp (played by Famke Janssen). My coolest villians that I really love is Alec Trevelyan 006,Boris Grishenko,and General Ouromov. The music was so great that it makeGoldenEye is one my favorite Bond films ever! Pierce Brosnan is the best James Bond character ever. The action scenes are too great. Two of my favorite Bond girls is Natalya Simonova (played by Isabella Scorpuco) and Xenia Onatopp (played by Famke Janssen). My coolest villians that I really love is Alec Trevelyan 006,Boris Grishenko,and General Ouromov. The music was so great that it make me chills to listen to it. Martin Campbell directed this movie,but I put my first spot is Casino Royale. Even I love to play the original GoldenEye for the N64 and also I saw this movie since I was 10,after I played the game. But I love them both. Expand
  16. Aug 11, 2010
    This is one of my favorite Bond films. It does everything right: The storyline is fast-paced, the action is well shot and smart, the villain(s) is interesting, and there were of course some hot babes. Brosnan is really good in this one as he acts arrogant but not overtly cold like Daniel Craig. There's a perfect blend of action/serious moments and some more comical moments.

This is the first Bond film that is self-aware, that has lost its innocence and the simplicity of its world view, and has some understanding of the absurdity and sadness of its hero.
    Also, there's more action in Goldeneye than in previous 007 entries -- enough to keep a ninety-minute film moving at a frantic pace. Unfortunately, this movie isn't ninety-minutes long -- it's one-hundred thirty, which means that fully one-quarter of Goldeneye is momentum-killing padding.
  3. When the action is extreme, GoldenEye is supercharged with spectacular, thundering, brain-numbing fun.