7.8

1. Mar 27, 2014
    The movie accomplished with flying colours its story premise. As explained in the beginning THERE IS NOTHING TO CARRY SOUND, NO OXYGEN, AND NO AIR PRESSURE. That is what Gravity aims at and that is why Gravity is such an achievement. Great score where sound is virtually impossible. Great ride where there is no time to breathe. We are constantly kept at the edge of our seats. Great visualThe movie accomplished with flying colours its story premise. As explained in the beginning THERE IS NOTHING TO CARRY SOUND, NO OXYGEN, AND NO AIR PRESSURE. That is what Gravity aims at and that is why Gravity is such an achievement. Great score where sound is virtually impossible. Great ride where there is no time to breathe. We are constantly kept at the edge of our seats. Great visual storytelling where dialogue is purposefully impossible. Beautiful Photography. One Woman Acting Show by Sandra Bullock. If you are an acting driven movie lover or a traditional screenplay geek, you will probably find gravity limited. However, if you see Gravity for what it is, you will too find kind words for the picture and reach this conclusion: a simple, down-to-earth (literally) space journey extraganza which reminds us of our short existence in this life and the reasons we need to cling onto if we want to keep living. The Survival and Rebirth themes in this Movie also apply to 3D Cinema. Cuaron has taken the cinematic experience a step further. 3D is back in business. Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    Review for the film Gravity. I don't know if anyone else noticed but all objects in a set orbital radius move with the same velocity. So the satellite debris that came at them at 20 miles per second may well have crossed their path once but after that the debris would have moved to a higher altitude orbit due to its higher speed. The only exception would have been if the debris was movingReview for the film Gravity. I don't know if anyone else noticed but all objects in a set orbital radius move with the same velocity. So the satellite debris that came at them at 20 miles per second may well have crossed their path once but after that the debris would have moved to a higher altitude orbit due to its higher speed. The only exception would have been if the debris was moving at exactly the hubble's orbital altitude and speed, but from the opposite direction. In short the space debris would have hit them once but if it was in the same orbital path it must have had the same orbital speed and hence to Sandra and George it would have appeared stationary and moving with them.
    Otherwise I loved it, action packed and the remainder was pretty accurate.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    A sensational, out of this world movie experience for any moviegoer. You feel as if you're isolated in space with the main characters if seen in Imax 3-D. I feel that 3d was initially created for this film and they cleverly and expertly utilized there 100 million dollar budget. Remarkable; the future of cinema as we know it.
  4. Nov 3, 2013
    Aside from some forced story elements and a big of a long-winded script at times, Gravity is just so much fun. It's first 15 minutes are pretty gosh darn close to perfect, within minutes you're in the sh*t. The music is really something too. This is one of the few movies that actually really actually benefits from 3D and IMAX, so see it that way. Great movie!
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really have to add a voice of sanity here, this film is fatally flawed. Did any of the reviewers ever do basic physics at school or play on a swing ?

At the critical point of the film, George Cluney's character is hanging on a tether and being PULLED away in a sustained fashion this simply cannot happen if you are weightless. Similarly, when Sandra Bullock's character is hurtling to earth subject to the g forces of re-entry her helmet is floating about weightless, who are the technical advisers here, Micky and Minnie mouse? I could just about get over that, if it were not for the acting of George Cluney, so he is about to die, be cast off into space and commit suicide and he is as jolly as a lamb in springtime am I the only person who finds this a little incongruous. As for the graphics, well the earth would not be out of focus when you are in wide shot at infinity and it was. Sandra's acting would have been a lot more believable if being a pilot, she knew which way a hatch opened and did not get thrown nearly into space TWICE by opening the door the wrong way gasp. For all of that, there were still some good space ship graphics and a nearly belivable plot, if a little simple.
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    Positives: Indescribable is probably the only way to explain this movie. It's majestic and stunning cinematography, as well as harmonious rhythms from the score bring a level of immersion unlike any other. Simplicity is the story's strong point, with intelligible characters that grip you to the core, and a storyline that is straightforward, and fast paced. From start to finish this filmPositives: Indescribable is probably the only way to explain this movie. It's majestic and stunning cinematography, as well as harmonious rhythms from the score bring a level of immersion unlike any other. Simplicity is the story's strong point, with intelligible characters that grip you to the core, and a storyline that is straightforward, and fast paced. From start to finish this film will captivate and immerse you into an unmatched visual experience.

Negatives: Parts of the story are briefly or inadequately explained which could confuse the audience, especially since they will be distracted by the dazzling visuals.
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    Filme com efeitos especiais bons e um suspense do inicio ao fim e com historia otima, e com otimos atores escolhidos, e um bom tema escolhido e um bom filme produzido em 3D.
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    I think may be obvious to admit, although with a certain reserve, that Gravity is a great film, from many points of view.

This is a film that certainly does not leave indifferent, anyhow, a characterization excessively cold and linear of the (few) characters, a pace not always appropriate and a certain coldness in the overall execution lead me to exclude it from excellence. Anyhow,

Anyhow, the points in its favor are so many, that it is impossible and unfair to focus only on error.

If only for the courage shown by the director, producers and actors, in presenting a product so discordant from the "mass" usually sent to the public (especially in science fiction), this is a film that should be seen, understood and, rightly, appreciated.
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Something is wrong here. How can 49 "official" critics can be positively unanimous about this movie ???
    Some of them calling this a masterpiece Come on. After the first stunning images and the opening scene, you can go home. All the rest is dull and pathetic.
  10. Nov 9, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, this is a pretty decent movie. It's definitely fun to watch in most circumstances, and it's accurate enough for an imersive, gripping experience.

But in the end, we're literally looking at a movie that's two hours of Sandra Bullock screaming in space. And it doesn't take Buzz Aldrin or Neil Degrasse Tyson to point out why that's not deserving of an Oscar.
  11. Nov 6, 2013
    Gravity is a mind blowing visual roller coaster. It is hard to give a movie just based on visuals a perfect score because all I came out of Gravity with was visuals. The story wasn't anything ground breaking or strong, it was just a movie about the beauty of space and it does a perfect job.
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    Best movie of the year so far,maybe the best movie in past 20 years.Together with 2001: A Space Odyssey is the best space movie ever made.A work of art of Alfonso Cuarón.Maybe the best movie I've ever seen.
  13. Dec 12, 2013
    The plot seems simple but that's what it made it special. Everything is very realistic(cinematography), the tension. Felt that the movie is a little bit draggy and might not need some parts!
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    I saw this movie with my family and didn't think it would have been this bad but let me tell you its 91 minutes of cgi. To start with the beginning when the movie was starting you just stare at the earth for a good 3 minutes which isn't a big deal IF YOU DIDN'T SHOW IT AS MUCH THE REST OF THE MOVIE! I mean it s in almost every frame. Then the debris hits and kills the man that I GUESSI saw this movie with my family and didn't think it would have been this bad but let me tell you its 91 minutes of cgi. To start with the beginning when the movie was starting you just stare at the earth for a good 3 minutes which isn't a big deal IF YOU DIDN'T SHOW IT AS MUCH THE REST OF THE MOVIE! I mean it s in almost every frame. Then the debris hits and kills the man that I GUESS we're suppose to feel for because Oh! he's got a picture of his family. You can not throw a sentimental moment when you don't even show the persons back story! Then lets go with the rising action and such POINT A TO POINT B?! REALLY? Oscar worthy my ass. When you have a story that Does Not Show its just a point A To point B movie THAT'S A GOOD MOVIE. IT TAKES YOU ON AN ADVENTURE NOT DROLL FLOATING! Then the ending was the Worst ever. She doesn't even get home and you are to expect she does HOW?! shes in the lower hemisphere who the hell knows where she even is or if that shes alive!? 2 out of 10 Waste of my time. Expand
  15. Nov 24, 2014
    Gravity proves that science fiction can still be very interesting without warp speed, teleporters or spacecrafts fighting. Based on the impossibility of life in space, movie presents modern day space technology with excellent visuals, good acting and somewhat gripping story. Quiet soundtrack also adds to the great atmosphere. Although not a classic, it is easily a must watch.
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    The visual effects were amazing. The audio was spectacular (especially with Dolby Atmos). The story line was pretty good, though not amazing. The movie flowed well, no sudden drop offs of excitement.

The movie wasn't perfect as far as being scientifically correct goes, but they did try to make it as realistic as possible.

Overall a great movie.
  17. ATR
    Nov 7, 2013
    It was good. They make it sound intense, but it is not. The CGI is nice and great to look at. Making a movie that I might give another go at or get it on Blu-ray.
  18. Nov 7, 2013
    Dope movie, Felix Baumgartner has nothing on this chick.........................................................................................................................
  19. Nov 7, 2013
    This movie blew my mind away. Everything about it is perfect: the cinematography, the actors, the story, the music, and the environment. "Gravity" is the movie I have been waiting for all year long. I especially love the symbolism in this movie, like at the end where Sandra Bullock goes through this sort of re-evolution. Even if the physics and science in "Gravity" is inaccurate, it isThis movie blew my mind away. Everything about it is perfect: the cinematography, the actors, the story, the music, and the environment. "Gravity" is the movie I have been waiting for all year long. I especially love the symbolism in this movie, like at the end where Sandra Bullock goes through this sort of re-evolution. Even if the physics and science in "Gravity" is inaccurate, it is still an amazing movie. Expand
  20. Nov 8, 2013
    Actually, the first time I went to the cinema for this film, I ran late and had to go and watch "Blue is the warmest color" instead. I was so disappointed at first, but in the end I am so glad I watched it, it was great. And now so disappointed by the vastly expected Gravity.
    Visually amazing, a 10/10 for the creation of this camera ballet in this zero gravity environment.
    BUT the script
    BUT the script is an 8/10 at most, and that only if you connect to the main characters emotionally, which didn't happen at all and leads to...
    a 5/10 for the acting performance and character building. Especially Bullock.
    I can't really say that I was moved with her stereotyped way of acting instead of being the character. And the so literal approach to her strong but deeply flawed character was as much obviously constructed and two-dimensional as that space dance was made visually plausible and real. So unsubtle. I can only dream what that movie could have been with a great actress like Cate Blanchet or Julianne Moore.
    Not to mention the flaws in the building of the actions chain that really causes overall disbelief. Bullock is key to the success or not of this film as a whole, and that didn't clicked well in the end.

So, in short, a visual 10/10, a script reduced to 7/10 because of the thin characters and improbability, a 5/10 for the acting performance makes an overall of 7/10.
    Too bad, it was greatly promising. Still a good film, nonetheless, but not a masterpiece.
  21. Feb 14, 2014
    The Goods:----------------
    Special effects, best implementation of 3D since Avatar, simple plot yet extremely engrossing, makes you feel like you are in space, great performance by Sandra Bullocks
    The Bads:--------------------- Too short ( 1Hr 20Min), the over obnoxious Goerge Clooney got a bit irritating with his lame space jokes even after such catastrophe occurred, the fact that
    The Goods:----------------

The Bads:---------------------
    Too short ( 1Hr 20Min), the over obnoxious Goerge Clooney got a bit irritating with his lame space jokes even after such catastrophe occurred, the fact that Sandra Bullock simply COULD NOT die ,lol, her actions were starting to get unbelievable and "bollywood" level towards the end......She has friggin 9000 lives ... As you can see, all my "Bads" are nitpicking....
    And those people talking about 1950s feminism of a female astronaut not being able to handle things like a man, pssfftttt Sandra's character is a doctor who got trained for 6 monthsONLY by NASA for this mission. If YOU WERE TRAINED FOR 6 YEARS U WOULD CRAP UR PANTS IF U WERE IN SANDRA's POSITION!
    Sorry for Caps, i got sick of the negative reviews out here...
    All in all, an awesome movie and my favorite for 2013
  22. Nov 9, 2013
    With a small screenplay Cuarón made an amazing film, with a lot of suspence, surprising performances and great especial effects. A master piece for the upcoming science fiction films.
  23. Nov 9, 2013
    No doubt this movie is stunning but I think that the ploy was lacking you already know what was going to happen. There was barely any action and the moments of suspense weren't exciting Its a kind of movie i'd watch on Netflix or TV
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was not worth the effort to watch. There was virtually no character development, very weak and almost non existent plot line, which in the end became incredibly predictable. The movie essentially came down to a cliche plot device, a female character with a pain riddled past who miraculously survives against all odds, and the laws of nature/science.

(SPOILERS) I want to make a particular note to the infuriating ending. Not only does she make a decision no one in their right mind would make (taking off her helmet in a burning cabin); she somehow manages to escape said cabin whilst its being filled with water. THEN, she still has enough oxygen left in her breath to swim out, take off the suit and beat the water pressure, all on a single breath. This is but one of the many irritating scenes of the film.

The only reason I gave this a 1/10 was just because of the spectacular visuals and the good use of cinematography, and surprisingly, one of the few films which actually made good use of the 3D projector technology, but this is not enough to justify what I can only assume a very high budget film.

DO NOT GO AND WATCH, ITS A WASTE OF MONEY!
  25. Nov 11, 2013
    This is, I have to admit, one of the most intense, beautiful, breathtaking movies I have ever seen. Sandra Bullock's performance was spot on and Clooney gave a charmingly fresh perspective to the disasters throughout the film. I was concerned by the fact that there were only two visible characters, but not once did I felt like something was missing. Overall, a true work of art.
  26. Dec 10, 2013
    The movie was alright, but the events are totally unbelievable. It had lots of intensity at first, then it got tedious. Cliche after cliche, unbelievable scene one after another, and a complete lack of a plot with substance. I can't grow attached to Sandra Bullock or George Clooney pretending to be astronauts, that's beyond my ability to suspend disbelief for movie viewing pleasure. IThe movie was alright, but the events are totally unbelievable. It had lots of intensity at first, then it got tedious. Cliche after cliche, unbelievable scene one after another, and a complete lack of a plot with substance. I can't grow attached to Sandra Bullock or George Clooney pretending to be astronauts, that's beyond my ability to suspend disbelief for movie viewing pleasure. I won't spoil the movie, because there's nothing to spoil, the trailer sums up the entire 90 minutes of your life that you just wasted watching it. Nice special effects, but I play video games if that's all I'm looking for. I wanted a movie, and I was disappointed when I left the theatre. Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2013
    Great special affects but technically LOL. It breaks one law of physics per minute (sometimes more than one per minute). It also breaks about every rule of spacecraft operations. Worth seeing for the special affects, but it isn't how things really are in space.
  28. Nov 11, 2013
    I love it!..it was a good freakin movie...I mean by the sound & visual effects
    :D very good (well job done) I just wish the movie had a little bit more of a story!..now I can kinda say I've been to space haha SERIOUSLY great visual effects and sound very realistic
  29. Nov 12, 2013
    Great, but not brilliant. I imagine this movie will impress people with less knowledge of space as whilst the effects are amazing, the plot could have easily been expanded with a greater emphasis on using physics and gravity to actually get home rather than talking about the characters histories. I didn't hear "periapse" mentioned once in the movie, or any actual calculations of trajectory.
  30. Nov 15, 2013
    Melhor filme do ano até agora, talvez o melhor filme dos últimos 20 anos.Junto com 2001: A Space Odyssey o melhor filme de espaço já feito.A obra de arte de Alfonso Cuarón.Talvez o melhor filme que eu já vi.
  31. Nov 15, 2013
    Mejor película del año hasta ahora, tal vez la mejor película de los últimos 20 anos.Junto con 2001: Una odisea del espacio es el mejor espacio película ya en Listo obra Alfonso Cuarón.Talvez la mejor película que he visto en mi vida.
  32. Nov 16, 2013
    This movie is extremmmmmely boring.....and the story is not nice at all.....it is just a short story being stretch to a length of 91min....Really boring. Furthermore, this movie contains much more educational content than a fictional story content....BUT WHAT I WANNA WATCH IS A NICE MOVIE BUT NOT AN EDUCATIONAL FILM!!!
  33. Nov 17, 2013
    Sure, there are some scientific inaccuracies in the movie, but last time I checked, I watch fictions to be entertained. And so I was. Greatly. I saw the movie in 3D and, seriously, Cuaron is a genius filmmaker with impressive attention to details. By details I mean the most he can do without risking the entertainment aspect for scientific accuracies.

Sure, it's a little bit disturbing

Sure, it's a little bit disturbing to see how close all the space stations up there are, but I managed to deal with it by just simply assuming it has everything to do with Einstein's relativity theory. Or how it should've been next to impossible for many other things that happen in the movie to actually happen. But then again, this is a very entertaining work of art, smart-ass!
  34. Dec 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Omg, this movie would have been great if it didn't involve just two actors and an extra that was in the movie for less than 5 minutes in beginning... Expand
  35. Nov 27, 2014
    Few ever films have showed that little and have expressed that much in that short amount of time. This is far beyond stars and universe... in its simplicity we can find grandeur, excellency. This movie is transcendental.
  36. Nov 19, 2013
    It looked great and the script was awful and I could have done without the say hello to my daughter in heaven nonsense which dominated the second half of the movie.
  37. Nov 28, 2013
    This is more than a movie its an experience of how to be in space.
    This movie is absolute visual treat with an interesting plot.
    Clooney and Sandra Bullock acted their hearts out .If you miss it 3d cinemas or i-max, that is a crime
    Stunningly perfect movie you could ever experience
  38. Apr 30, 2014
    With strong acting coupled up with an eerie soundtrack, top-notch directing, a focused narrative and great visuals, it is entertaining, tense and astonishing at the same time. Gravity's huge ambition pays off as a modern classic.
  39. Nov 28, 2013
    This is a very good film on two levels: suspense and special effects. Apart from that, it doesn't have a very unique plot, noteworthy dialogue, or great acting. However, since it essentially achieved what it set out to do, and is entertaining to be sure, it is deserving of a positive review but undeserving of the kind of critical praise it is getting.
  40. Dec 16, 2013
    A short survival story on a level that I never seen before, definitely worth watching. The visuals are stunning, everything else is solid. A few scenes have their laws of physics bent, once or twice quite grossly which takes the toll out of the movie. Also the satellite debris cloud is nonsense but we can dismiss that.

Plot 7 Simple and short, and that is the goal, some impossible

Plot 7
    Simple and short, and that is the goal, some impossible scenes damage the movie.
    SPOILER(Debris cloud, wouldn't work like that... but it does a good job of providing tension to the movie. When Clooney detach's himself, first they would bounce back into the station, even if for some reason they wouldn't, they are clearly stopped but it seems like he is falling for some ridiculous reason, then when he detachs himself, he starts floating away, really...? When Bullock jumps into the Chinese space station, the whole thing is impossible on so many levels, but let's imagine it isn't, she just makes guess work and all goes right...)

Acting 7
    Clooney is a flawless 10 but Bullock does not convince me, It seems that the goal is making the viewer immerse into her character and It didn't work for me.

Cinematography 10
    Special Effects 10
    When you mix perfect cinematography with highly detailed special effects, Gravity is what happens.

Just make sure you are ready for some unbelievable scenes and enjoy the ride, you won't regret watching this movie.
  41. Nov 30, 2013
    Not a great movie but not that bad. How can you not enjoy staring at Sandra Bullock? The story was actually a little weak and I never wondered if she was going to make it back alive. I saw it in 3 D and that made it a little better, but I would actually recommend waiting for it to come out in Red Box. I wouldn't miss but recommend the cheap seats!
  42. Dec 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my first ever movie review but I felt obliged to balance out what I can only be describe as a severe blow to my faith in my fellow species.

Visuals & Sound:

The special effects are excellent and at their best during the spattering of "action" scenes (i.e. where debris is flying around).

The first twenty or so minutes of the film are in this reviewer's opinion the only part worth watching hence why it earned it's score. After the second wave of debris there is very little else of note in terms of visuals.

In regards to sound there was nothing particularly noteworthy either way.

Plot and Acting:

The plot is banal at best. Everything about the setting, the evolution of the characters and the circumstances they face comes across as contrived.

Let us be sports and start from the premise that we'll pretend Sandra Bullocks' character (who I have no desire to remember the name of) is actually qualified to be out on a space walk. She portrays the most irritating, incompetent and pathetic woman I have ever seen in a film. It was cringe-worthy to watch. After about 30 minutes of the film, finally having had enough of listening to her hyperventilating, I honestly wished she would just snuff it.

Regrettably George Clooney's far more entertaining character dies off around this time and I believe I might have awarded this film at least twice the present score had I gone on to watch him fighting to survive for the next hour.

Instead I watched Sandra's idiotic character fail utterly to struggle for survival yet somehow miraculously make it back to a beach on Earth somewhere by the end of it.

This film made me feel angry and rather embarrassed by its portrayal of the female lead. I don't think it is a question of bad acting but due to the script being very poor and as a result having to be over acted to try to create tension.

Conclusion:

I am baffled by the good reviews. Aside from two or three spectacular SFX shots and a similar number of chuckle worthy Clooney lines, there is nothing to recommend about this film.
  43. Dec 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautiful _and_ gripping that is a winning combination for me! Not even the glaring problems with physics could spoil it (and anyway my biggest problem is with just one episode, with magic phantom forces pulling Clooney away).

Definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
  44. Dec 11, 2013
    Astonishing film The best so far in 2013 .The film explains for what the cinema is created a brilliant direction, cinematography, visual and sound effects. It takes as to space for 90 minutes and when back on earth, we can feel the real Gravity!
  45. Jan 10, 2014
    Like Paul Walker's movie Hours, this movie did great even though the movie centers on a small cast. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, both great actors, perform great again. The special effects are great, and my favorite scenes are the conversations. While the plot is simple, and the movie a bit too short, this movie is one of the better movies in 2013.

If you liked this review, read

If you liked this review, read my other ones by clicking on my name and mark this review as helpful. I also do reviews on a wide variety of movies, TV shows and video games.
  46. Dec 30, 2013
    Film of the year. Now that you've read that go see the film NOW!! Continue reading this review once you have seen it. This film gets everything right. Acting, directing, screenplay, camera( first person views! effects, production design, 3D that's good!) and music. It's an inspiring sci fi thriller that not only redifines the genre, but cinema itself. Just like Avatar did, and just likeFilm of the year. Now that you've read that go see the film NOW!! Continue reading this review once you have seen it. This film gets everything right. Acting, directing, screenplay, camera( first person views! effects, production design, 3D that's good!) and music. It's an inspiring sci fi thriller that not only redifines the genre, but cinema itself. Just like Avatar did, and just like Alien did. This is revolutionary. Expand
  47. Dec 12, 2013
    There was a timewhen space sci-fi was ruled by star trek and star wars but when Gravity got to the screens it opened a whole new world of sci-fi thriller with mind blowing visual effects, great script, superb acting both in lead and supporing characters role Bullock and Clooney gave there performance of the year this is a movie that will shock you and keep your feet on the ground and wontThere was a timewhen space sci-fi was ruled by star trek and star wars but when Gravity got to the screens it opened a whole new world of sci-fi thriller with mind blowing visual effects, great script, superb acting both in lead and supporing characters role Bullock and Clooney gave there performance of the year this is a movie that will shock you and keep your feet on the ground and wont let go that's a guaranty Expand
  48. Apr 5, 2014
    I didn't like Gravity. I probably won't watch it again, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fantastic. The cinematography (albeit simulated) was simply mind-blowing and gorgeous. Kudos to the studio that produced all the CGI in this film. In every way, the production quality was top notch and raises the bar.

Moreover, both George Clooney and Sandra Bullock astounded me. Clooney, willing to play a smaller supporting role, did so with panache and Bullock was gratifyingly believable in her isolation, desperation, and determination. Definitely worth watching.
  49. Dec 11, 2013
    This movie is PERFECT for science fans as it contains many real facts and solutions. Highly thrilling and awesomely detailed. There could not be better actors than this.
  50. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. first sorry about my English, it's not my main language! The movie gravity bring us amazing story of 2 astronauts that's on a simple mission. to fix satellite. but when the Russians decide to destroy their own satellite, the movie starts. the movie is amazing! first i will talk about the effects and sound : they are amazing! amazing long shots with awesome effect and spine- tingling sound, makes us feel like we drifting in space with Sandra bullock, that playing amazing in this movie, and carry it all by herself. the story isn't complicated, but the way Alfonso Caron tell us the story, is amazing. i can tell you tons of good thing about the movie, but why should i? just go and watch the movie and you will understand what i mean. 1010! Expand
  51. Dec 13, 2013
    I have never really been a fan of 3D, but I would have to say that this film is Simply EPIC in 3D, the stunning Filming and the brilliant special effects add to a flawless film.
  52. Dec 13, 2013
    First off, I usually hate 'action' movies. Gravity isn't an action movie, but more of a drama... a human story with lots of intense action laced in. The movie is beautiful and the actors are great! I can definitely see cinematography and directing Oscar nods. Bullock also may have an outside chance at a nod. Great movie.
  53. Dec 14, 2013
    Awesome film, with great performances from Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, both likely Oscar contenders. Amazing Directing from Alfonso Cuaron with his best film yet. The visuals and 3D effects of the film are some of the best I have ever seen. This is a film that actually uses the 3D to its advantage. Many of the equipment used on this film had to invented for it and this film has laidAwesome film, with great performances from Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, both likely Oscar contenders. Amazing Directing from Alfonso Cuaron with his best film yet. The visuals and 3D effects of the film are some of the best I have ever seen. This is a film that actually uses the 3D to its advantage. Many of the equipment used on this film had to invented for it and this film has laid the groundwork for a new generation of films. If you ever wanted to be an astronaut this is your chance to see what its really like or if you want to show your friends and relatives what its really like if you are an astronaut this is the film that will do that. This is film has to seen by everyone, be you film lover or passing admirer. This is what makes it one of the best films this year and one of the best ever. This is truly a film for the ages. Expand
  54. Dec 14, 2013
    I thought that even though the scientific inconsistencies were numerous, the over-all experience was worthwhile. I liked the ambient soundtrack and the sense of dread I felt when she was going through all of the mayhem; I felt like it was greatly executed.
  55. Dec 16, 2013
    It was almost an amazing film and I almost believed Sandra Bullock wasn't Sandra Bullock but I have never gone from being so engrossed in a movie to so uninterested and it's all because of their crappy physics.

We are asked to suspend belief beyond belief. They set up the rules for the physics by overemphasizing it in the beginning and then we have to swallow that the rules don't apply later on in the film in order to accept the new plot turn. I couldn't do it.
  56. Jul 26, 2014
    One HELL of an adventure! I was positively enthralled by every electrifying second of it. My immersion in the intense action scenes made my palms start sweating profusely. Lubezki once again proves that he's the cherry on top of the cream of the crop of cinematographers. I blinked rarely and only reluctantly during his long takes. A masterpiece of staging and technical innovation,One HELL of an adventure! I was positively enthralled by every electrifying second of it. My immersion in the intense action scenes made my palms start sweating profusely. Lubezki once again proves that he's the cherry on top of the cream of the crop of cinematographers. I blinked rarely and only reluctantly during his long takes. A masterpiece of staging and technical innovation, 'Gravity' is nothing short of sublime. And, luckily, *plot spoiler* Sandra Bullock only imitates a dog in one scene. Expand
  57. Dec 26, 2013
    Space is a terrifying place, as put in the opening title card, no one is capable of surviving in space, one push, one touch and you're lost forever, trapped in the endless void of nothingness, losing oxygen, losing self, losing all capabilities of normal life. Gravity is the reminder of the dangers of space, the terrifying, eerie silent atmosphere of spaces emptiness. Alfonso Cuarón hasSpace is a terrifying place, as put in the opening title card, no one is capable of surviving in space, one push, one touch and you're lost forever, trapped in the endless void of nothingness, losing oxygen, losing self, losing all capabilities of normal life. Gravity is the reminder of the dangers of space, the terrifying, eerie silent atmosphere of spaces emptiness. Alfonso Cuarón has made the film of the year, not because of the visual splendor, not because of Bullock's sensitive, brilliant performance, or even because of his absolutely perfect direction, no, it's because it reaches out and crafts a tale that would've been pointless and turns it into a tale of self discovery, fate, and terror. Gravity is a film that reminds us: Space is terrifying. Expand
  58. Feb 12, 2014
    If you have any understanding of physics or general science knowledge or even just common sense you will find yourself scratching your head many times throughout this movie, or like myself just constantly downright frustrated and annoyed.

If you enjoy watching Sandra Bullock screaming, panicking and spinning around in space for an hour, you will have a great time. Double the great time if you also enjoy watching her play a lifeless, boring character who you (not so) secretly hope will get hit by satellite debris.

Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the beautiful views of earth and space, and try not to be annoyed by the constant, overly-dramatic transitions from the serene silence of space to loud noises, explosions and heavy breathing.
  59. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are only two reasons why this movie didn't get full ratings.

1. I got head spins through out the movie because they really did an awesome job of making you feel that you were in space. No gravity. Condensed and claustrophobic rooms. I never experienced this before! Might be better in 3D?
    2. I am never a fan of the only option of survival being the intense inner strength of a man. I like 'real' movies and most of the time we are very afraid of dying and dealing with being alone. I would like to see that option of crying out to God once and a while in a movie.

Otherwise, this movie had me on the edge of my seat. I can't believe how a movie with only two actors could have such depth and intensity! And one actors goes away on a 'floating' journey only ten minutes in. So 1 actress. The whole movie. She does an amazing job.
  60. Dec 21, 2013
    Another demonstration of good ideas for film also depart from the Latin minds and give an example to follow Alfonso Cuaron and Guillermo del Toro (director of Pacific Rim).
    If you do not see it in 3D at the cinema does not make sense then, is special for 3D thanks to its special effects shots in the first person and the image that you feel in space and they bring more pressure.
    The
    The performances are stunning, especially Sandra Bullok glaring at the end of the movie and the great comic touch of George Clooney. These two actions make me forget that obtained Bullok in ALL ABOUT STEVE and Clooney in Batman and Robin.
    Evil but because of at least are the first 5 minutes of the movie that are boring.
    As I said earlier Alfonso Cuaron applaud and hope that this will mark a before and after in the Hollywood cinema.
  61. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first thing of the movie attracts me is the view of life in a very different perspective. Countless (science fiction) movies contain space situation, but the bravery on it and uniqueness of the movie surpasses them all I think. Little bit slow, but not boring at all, detailed every moment thrilled me up, and its importance is taken care about. But I think the most importantly people will love the movie because of its inner view of dream, love and incredible power of life. Expand
  62. Dec 23, 2013
    For me it went beyond suspense and straight into frustration and a lot of growling at Bullock.Yes, it's a movie, but you can't help but wonder how the hell someone as clueless as the protagonist even made it out of the atmosphere. Beautiful visuals and lovely execution of zero-gravity, but quite frankly I hated the protagonist so much it distracted me from just about everything else.
  63. Dec 26, 2013
    Gravity is stunningly good-looking. The obscure cinematography not only makes for an unusual viewing experience, but an engaging and physical one at that. Alfonso Cuarón has cleverly manipulated our viewing experience to mirror the weightlessness and tension of life in space the film left me disorientated and breathless. For a very short film, it's a surprisingly tiring yet rewardingGravity is stunningly good-looking. The obscure cinematography not only makes for an unusual viewing experience, but an engaging and physical one at that. Alfonso Cuarón has cleverly manipulated our viewing experience to mirror the weightlessness and tension of life in space the film left me disorientated and breathless. For a very short film, it's a surprisingly tiring yet rewarding watch. Sandra Bullock is very good, once again disproving the assumptions surrounding her, and although the plot is thin on the grounds, with a fairly painful ending, the film holds together spectacularly. It looks good, sounds amazing and feels exciting this is a very multi-dimensional film. Expand
  64. Dec 28, 2013
    Alfonso Cuaron (aided by the masterful cameraman Emmanuel Lubezki and an astonishing, Oscar-worthy performance by Sandra Bullock) have creating a stunning, genre-defining work that ranks as one of the year's best.
  65. Dec 28, 2013
    This si a great film that has several stars but Sandra Bullock takes the cake. This has much futurism with great reality, the filming is great, an the 3D effect is subtle yet adds much to the enjoyment of the film. Being tossed out is space left to see what will happen is a fear in some way shape or form we all have. The digital filming if right on top. This will be nominated for severalThis si a great film that has several stars but Sandra Bullock takes the cake. This has much futurism with great reality, the filming is great, an the 3D effect is subtle yet adds much to the enjoyment of the film. Being tossed out is space left to see what will happen is a fear in some way shape or form we all have. The digital filming if right on top. This will be nominated for several awards. See it, sit back, and enjoy it. Expand
  66. Dec 28, 2013
    When I was watching it I thought it is going to be a movie about the beautiful pictures and stuff. Didn't expect a great storyline, intresting characters. But I was WRONG! This movie wasn't just beautiful and stunning, but I was sooo excited through the whole movie. The only problem with it was Sandras breathtaking, it was really loud, but seemed realistic.
  67. Dec 30, 2013
    İzlediğim en iyi gerilim filmlerinden bir tanesiydi. Özellikle uzaydaki o meteor parçaların uzay istasyonuna çarpınca kalbim yerinden çıkacak gibi oluyordu...
  68. Dec 31, 2013
    I believe it's a bit overrated, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It's one of the most awe inspiring visual achievements of all time, so it's a shame that the story and emotional content cannot live up to the visual content. It's too thin and the movie feels too short. The characters, when they are in the movie, are for the most part dull. However, the visuals are brilliant, and should beI believe it's a bit overrated, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It's one of the most awe inspiring visual achievements of all time, so it's a shame that the story and emotional content cannot live up to the visual content. It's too thin and the movie feels too short. The characters, when they are in the movie, are for the most part dull. However, the visuals are brilliant, and should be enough to keep most people amazed, IF they can understand well enough how to appreciate it.

Gravity gets 8.4/10
  69. Jan 6, 2014
    Yes the 3D is impressive because we, the viewer, are unaware of the detailed view of the international space station but after that we are watching a very mediocre film. What's the George Clooney character all about?
  70. Jan 16, 2014
    I saw this in 4DX , the 3d was the best i ve ever seen amazing but feeling it with moving seats. HOLY ****!!!! The work was brilliant.. No air , no sound no nothing unly the breathing and the tension was too much to handle at the beginning, even i felt dizzy at times. nice script nice idea. very very impressive!
  71. Jan 16, 2014
    Gravity is a below average movie with STUNNING visuals. The idea and science behind it is very interesting, but the execution of the story is pretty bad. It's riddled with cliches and jaw-droppingly ridiculous moments which can only exist in Hollywood. The action sequences are spectacular though, and the sound-effects top-notch. Give it a try if you like eye-candy, but avoid it at allGravity is a below average movie with STUNNING visuals. The idea and science behind it is very interesting, but the execution of the story is pretty bad. It's riddled with cliches and jaw-droppingly ridiculous moments which can only exist in Hollywood. The action sequences are spectacular though, and the sound-effects top-notch. Give it a try if you like eye-candy, but avoid it at all costs if you're craving anything with substance. Expand
  72. Jan 9, 2014
    Cool effects, but did bad science. Also, why is someone who works in a hospital (who happens to be a woefully incompetent astronaut) playing with electronics on Hubble?
  73. Jan 12, 2014
    I almost fell asleep half way through this movie out of boredom. This film feels like this: imagine there is a trashcan on top of the hill. A woman jumps in it and starts rolling down the hill. Trash fal out of the can and she falls out of it too. A bit later she catches the trashcan and jumps in it again and starts rolling down the hill again. And then the hole thing repeats.... But don'tI almost fell asleep half way through this movie out of boredom. This film feels like this: imagine there is a trashcan on top of the hill. A woman jumps in it and starts rolling down the hill. Trash fal out of the can and she falls out of it too. A bit later she catches the trashcan and jumps in it again and starts rolling down the hill again. And then the hole thing repeats.... But don't worry, they have a simple trick to wake you up. A cougar will pop up in her underwear just in the right time to keep you awake or from moving away from the movie....if you like cougars, of course. You can watch much more interesting IMAX movie about Earth seen from space, no need to watch cougar jumping from can to can in her underwear. Expand
  74. Jan 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I guess everything has already been said about the beauty and the credibility of the special effects. This is the best of imax and 3d technology since avatar. It is strictly impossible to be bored during the 90mn of the movie.
    However, in my opinion, there is an overreaction about the scenario and the acting... George Clooney acts like George clooney, the brilliant , funny, brave and so cute astronaut. Completely uninteresting.
    Moreover, I didn't find Sandra's Bullock performance so incredible. Always the same story of a young and brilliant scientific who suffered a serious trauma... I almost felt embarrassed during the dog scene.
    Furthermore, it is not entirely the fault of the actors. The most disturbing thing was the dialogs, simplistic and predictable. Same opinion about the script : the Russian are guilty again, the heroic Clooney sacrifices his life for the beautiful girl, and, thanks to her courage and her love for her son, she manages to save herself... very conventional.
    I'll compare this movie to Avatar: a wonderful coating but nothing inside.
  75. Jan 16, 2014
    This movie is great, it is perfect, a masterpiece, the movie made me feel like I was in space, the 3D was actually pretty good in fact it's the best I've seen ever, Sandra Bullock, and Alfonso Cuaròn deserve an Oscar for doing their best work, so this is my favorite movie of 2013, It is an 10/10 it is just perfect.
  76. Jan 16, 2014
    The first 20 minutes of this film are amazing - visually stunning. After that its a one dimensional narrative in a 3D format : how will they get from A to B? There's no story, nothing interesting in the characters. The single bit of drama turns out to be a really stupid 'dream' sequence which is a kop out. And an easy ending. I don't know how this film has achieved any nominations.
  77. Jan 17, 2014
    Dr. Ryan Stone is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone - tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth...and anyDr. Ryan Stone is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky. But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone - tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth...and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.
    Release date: October 4, 2013 (USA)
    Director: Alfonso Cuarón
    Running time: 91 minutes
    MPAA rating: PG-13
    Budget: 100 million USD
    EXHIBE FLIX (www.exhibeflix.com)
  78. Apr 28, 2014
    With the perfect acting, simplicity of the storyline and most picturesque graffics, this is the greatest, most human suspensed and emotional sci-fi wonder of all time, so enjoy it while you can
  79. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In visual terms "Gravity" is overwhelming with those images of the Earth. The infinity and immensity of the universe is beautifully put into the picture . The insignificance of man in this intolerable environment gives you a constant tightness . However, I think that you only get that overwhelming feeling when you watch this movie in the cinema. On a normal LCD TV in the living room there's not much left of this space spectacle. And that's quite a damper on the expected experience because the story on its own isn't really that much of a deal. I think it's a great achievement to create such an entertaining film with this simple story and only two characters constantly on the screen.

I sat almost the entire movie on the edge of the sofa cause of the tension. The movie has a surprisingly fast pace. It's one situation after the other . But if you omit the stunning CGI and forget about the probably impressive 3D images , there remains nothing else than a boring tedious blockbuster. And they made such a big fuss about it. A big hype over nothing, my guess. Reading roughly through the remarks at IMDb I'm not the only one with that idea. I also found it disturbing that someone can be so unlucky in just one day . Chronologically all this happens: the shuttle gets hit by debris resulting in some casualties and one person (Bullock) floating in space, she's picked up again by Clooney , but is almost without oxygen , with his thruster pack they go on their way to the ISS , they smash into it and Clooney releases himself heroically to rescue Bullock, almost choking she enters the ISS , a fire breaks out and she has to disconnect the Soyuz , the Soyuz gets tangled to a parachute, the ISS is destroyed by debris , the Soyuz has no fuel , Bullock uses the burners for landing, she reaches the Chinese space station using a fire extinguisher , goes into the atmosphere , and even though she doesn't understand Chinese she lands safely by randomly pressing the right buttons. That's not enough though. She almost drowns also after the landing . It wouldn't be a surprise she'll never ever join a space trip again in her life.

Although the two main actors are not the least , they can't make the film look better. Sandra Bullock didn't convince me as being a scientist with high intellect . She looked more like a Miss America who won a space trip . Clooney was so extremely charming and gallant in space. I expected every moment that he would serve a delicious Nespresso. And then realizing that the making of this empty movie needed $ 100 million. They could have made a few better movies with that kind of money. And I won't mention the technical and scientific impossibilities as they are described by a NASA expert on Wikipedia. But OK, otherwise it would be a even more boring and dead serious flick .And it should be entertaining, not ? Unlike many other spectators, I didn't think the moment where Ryan starts barking and howling like a dog was ridiculous or silly.For me it was rather a touching moment.

Conclusion : a gem in imaging, but as space itself , it is an airless story. It feels more like a black hole
  80. Feb 16, 2014
    Immediately from seeing the trailer, I wanted to see this movie so badly. My first impression and repeatedly seeing the trailer made me so anxious to see it, and finally I did and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. There are some totally tragic parts that I won't spoil, but the whole time it's thrilling watching Dr. Ryan Stone (played by Sandra Bullock) try to escape the space debris and you can'tImmediately from seeing the trailer, I wanted to see this movie so badly. My first impression and repeatedly seeing the trailer made me so anxious to see it, and finally I did and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. There are some totally tragic parts that I won't spoil, but the whole time it's thrilling watching Dr. Ryan Stone (played by Sandra Bullock) try to escape the space debris and you can't help but root for her. George Clooney's character brings lightness to an otherwise dark and terrifying situation. Also, Sandra Bullock plays Dr. Stone so well that you cringe when she cringes, and can see every aspect of her predicament from how she would be seeing it, which is so great. So overall, Gravity gets a 10 because it was such a gripping, smart movie. Expand
  81. Jan 24, 2014
    ''Nerve Racking.'' Delivers maximum fright. Believe me, Gravity is unlike you've ever seen. Full of Thrills and spectacle. Sandra Bullock gives a jaw-dropping performance, The Best performance of her career. What will you do, if you have left up there, 400 miles above the earth, with completely silence and without gravity? You won't see anything like Gravity, and you will never see''Nerve Racking.'' Delivers maximum fright. Believe me, Gravity is unlike you've ever seen. Full of Thrills and spectacle. Sandra Bullock gives a jaw-dropping performance, The Best performance of her career. What will you do, if you have left up there, 400 miles above the earth, with completely silence and without gravity? You won't see anything like Gravity, and you will never see again.Gravity shows what special effects could do. Surely, the best use of special effects in the history of filmmaking. Gravity is a horrifying experience none of us could have imagined. Expand
  82. Jan 24, 2014
    Stunningly executed. I forgive it for minor errors because it is a movie, after all. Sandra Bullock convinced me particularly as Dr Ryan Stone and her performance was amazing. The visuals were brilliant, my favorites about it were the long panned shots.
  83. Jan 27, 2014
    The movie`s visual and sound effects are outstanding, but the lack of characters on the story makes it suprisingly boring at some parts, thats probably why the short duration of the movie.
  84. Mar 30, 2014
    Entertaining movie, great visuals, although you might get a little bored given the lack of dialogues and silence, needed for the movie to develop properly. Simple story but nice, if you can imagine the getting lost in infinity.
  85. Feb 11, 2014
    The movie was good except for 1 very important flaw. He is attached to her in a weightless state. Why did he have to unhook? There is no weight to drag her down. He could have floated up to her.
  86. Feb 12, 2014
    The film is about a woman astronaut that tries to survive in space when a chinese satellite explodes and destroys her spaceshuttle and kills must of her colleagues .The only other survivor, Matt Kowalsky helps her.

The movie had a lot of beatiful special effects, but for me it was quite repetitive.
  87. Apr 3, 2014
    Smoke and mirrors effects and music paired with emotionless acting and in-space impossible physics and millions of one-in-a-million mishap scenarios with no story. A thriller for no reason. How did this win so many oscars? People in this age are favoring movies that make them feel - not stories that make them change, but that doesn't mean the movie is the best of all time.
  88. Feb 15, 2014
    "Gravity" was an amazing film. The graphics and animation--- mainly being the fact that it actually looks like it was filmed in space made this film one of my favorites. However not by a whole lot.
  89. Feb 28, 2014
    truely "the best overall 2014 movie" since the last one Dr. Ryan Stone was a brainy pass to pass all the test with flying colors. every thing was a 5-star in term of movies. i give the the epic most recommendation is as possible.
  90. Feb 21, 2014
    This is a really good movie and is really well executed.but there is only 3 people in the entire movie and with a budget of 100 million they could have at least showed the shuttle taking of or [spoiler] Sandra bullock being rescued at the end of the movie but after all it is is a really good film and well planned
  91. Feb 23, 2014
    Great movie. Is difficult, in this years, to find a good movie that has been realized very well. However, i think that it was just a new "2001: odissey in space" by Stanley Kubrick, but without the connection human-machine and the others infinite meanings of this masterpiece. "Gravity" remain a brilliant vision of space and a movie that you should watch rather of "The Hangover" or similar.
  92. Mar 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Yes it has good special effects, but it disrespects the basic laws of physics, for a movie that is focused in space, it should respect the basic laws, like weight.
    The film has really no story, horrible dialogues. In the beginning of the movie while Sandra Bullock is repairing the Hubble Telescope the other guys are playing around.
    She must had started the mission with less then 15% of oxygen, because right after the rain of debris she had 10% of oxygen remaining, wastes 2% of oxygen in 2 seconds, and survives with 1% of oxygen remaining for almost 10 minutes till she gets to safety.
    I don´t even understand how can this movie be so overrated(Metascore: 96/100), Inception is way better than this "movie" and has worse score(Metascore: 74/100)
  93. Mar 1, 2014
    I thought Ed Wood was no longer making movies because he died. His sequel to Plan 9 from outer space was vastly inferior. The acting, plot and dialogue didn't come close. Plan 9 had actual dialogue not silly women howling like dogs. Whaaa?
  94. Mar 30, 2014
    The visual experience is tremendous. Awe-inspiring. Something that deserves to be seen on a large screen and in 3D. The soundtrack is an equally chilling accompaniment.

The plot itself blends many realistic elements with bits of fantasy. The hurtling space junk is scary enough that most viewers won't stop to ask why a medical doctor is flying in space and repairing a satellite, or why in the vastness of the Earth's orbit everything is so close together. The central narrative is a classic survival narrative of a blip of humanity up against the vastness of nature. It approaches greatness, save for an unnecessary intrusion of sentimentality that creeps in towards the end.

Still, a finely crafted and enjoyable film.
  95. Mar 5, 2014
    gravity is a sci fi adventure . alfsonso did a amazing job on this . Sandra bullock did a amazing and so did george clooney . so thank you alfsonso your are number 1 director
  96. Dec 21, 2014
    I apologize, but this movie seems to be made for stupid people.
    The only praise anybody ever gives this film is how "visually stunning" it is. It seems as if plenty of intelligent people have mentally devolved after seeing Gravity, because apparently substance no longer matters, and visuals are enough to make a good movie.
    The characters in Gravity don't need to be there. I might as well
    I apologize, but this movie seems to be made for stupid people.
    The characters in Gravity don't need to be there. I might as well have watched a movie about pieces of metal floating in space. Oh wait, they have that! It's called "Space Junk"! You know, I heard that was the original working title for this movie, too!
    The story sucks, to put it plainly. Sandra Bullock's story is completely generic and uninteresting, and pretty much occupies the entire film after the rather intense opening. Let me be clear, I don't want to dispute that the movie is breathtaking on a technical level, but without any interesting motives or characters, and absolutely zero valuable ideas or concepts expressed, who cares? Apparently everyone. Go watch Transformers, you mouth breathers.
    Graphics don't make the game good, pretty colors don't make the painting good, and being catchy doesn't make a song good. Visuals don't make a movie good. Sometimes, they make it awful. Gravity is awful.
  97. Mar 3, 2014
    The only bad thing thing I can say about this film is , is there such a thing over character development ?Because i nominate Gravity that Oscar as well
  98. Mar 4, 2014
    Good movie for sure but mostly due to the stunning special effects which make up for the rather mediocre storyline. The movie is a bit hyped IMHO and you will probably roll your eyes a few times if you know a little bit about EVA, orbit's, etc. It's still worth watching, tho.
  99. Mar 6, 2014
    this film worth less than 7, but I gave it seven because of the output . I realy realy surprised because I did not expect it will be like this . the weaknesses are I did not like the movies that have one star show in The majority of movie scenes. I feel bored because I watch same face maybe one hour or more . the second thing is this movie shows me there is no distance between The Chinesethis film worth less than 7, but I gave it seven because of the output . I realy realy surprised because I did not expect it will be like this . the weaknesses are I did not like the movies that have one star show in The majority of movie scenes. I feel bored because I watch same face maybe one hour or more . the second thing is this movie shows me there is no distance between The Chinese space station and the International Space Station ! Expand
  100. Mar 6, 2014
    Gravity equals Innovation

Gravity equals Innovation

Gravity is a masterpiece of modern cinema in technology and innovation, the movie is mainly the hard work of one person Alfonso Cuarón, without his work this movie would not have been the same. The editing, direction, cinematography and sound are the things that defined Gravity. In my perspective the biggest problem of gravity ot´s the screenplay, the screenplay is not a masterpiece, it´s not a good screenplay, and I don´t even know if it´s a regular screenplay. It´s a good movie and nothing else,.

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Nov 3, 2013
    A stunning space saga that takes off for new technical frontiers without leaving its humanity behind.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Oct 6, 2013
    Gravity is not a film of ideas, like Kubrick's techno-mystical "2001," but it's an overwhelming physical experience -- a challenge to the senses that engages every kind of dread. [7 Oct. 2013, p.88]
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Oct 4, 2013
    This is not to say that Gravity is a masterpiece: Unlike Cuarón’s extraordinary "Children of Men", it doesn’t quite pull off its ambitious effort to combine formal inventiveness, heart-pounding action, and intimate human storytelling. But it succeeds thrillingly at the first two of those categories, and only misses the mark on the last because it tries a little too hard — which is certainly a welcome respite from the countless sci-fi thrillers that privilege the human story not at all.