7.8

1. Dec 18, 2013
    It seems like such a straightforward story, yet the combination of the special effects, acting, pithy dialogue, and plot made it a truely spectacular film! My only complaint is that the ending (and parts of the plot) are completely unbelievable. But, that's why you go to a movie I suppose!
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    Believe the hype this is an amazing film. It truly is. You may have seen survival films before but not like this. Go see it now.

Unlike many films set in space this focuses on realism. You'll find no aliens in this film, no laser guns and no space battles. Instead this shows us a snap shot of how astronauts working in space, notably the difficulty in operating in a completely hostile environment.

Many people will watch this film and love this visuals especially if seen in 3D. Whilst I agree it looks great in 3D seeing this in 2D would still be impressive. But even if the visuals weren't impressive this would still be a very memorable film.

I was mostly impressed with how space is presented; not as a beautiful, magical area with endless wonder, exploration and potential for adventure (like sailing the seven seas). But instead space is shown to be an environment where the slightest thing changing or going wrong results in death or the threat of death. Even with high degrees of safety and training we cannot control this environment. And the physics which applies to space I've had a concept of but never seen just how different it is to Earth is shown to be a danger itself. WOW.

Onto the characters. There is only two of them. And both do a great job with George Clooney easily portraying the calm, experienced astronaut; Sandra Bullock portraying the technical proficient and capable yet flawed and inexperienced astronaut. Well done to both of them for giving a very memorable performance.

Lastly I want to praise the running time of the film. Too often I see movies which run long because it is seen as best practice. The result is a drawn out story which can loose audience interest and therefore fail to entertain us. At 91 minutes long it absolutely captives you from start to finish. I would rather see a very concisely told story that is only 1.5 hours long than sit through a so-called 3 hour epic which is uninteresting, unnecessarily long and not entertaining in segments (e.g. The Hobbit).

Go see the film of 2013 today.
  3. Jan 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before reading this, i want you to know that I've seen Gravity in 2D (Blueray) yes I'm that guy.
    Gravity is studding visual masterpiece even in 2D, i will definitely watch it in 3D if i had the chance to,
    the Story is a survival story nonetheless and Sandra Bullock acting was over the top,
    However i hated George Clooney, i know he suppose to be the fun factor in the movie,
    but he was terrible, and I'm talking about the performance and the character,
    i mean "I Hope NASA have insurance because there is a lot of damage" seriously?
    and he's out there telling stories and making space jokes, that's totally killed it for me,
    but I'm not gonna judge the entire movie because of a secondary character but i wish he didn't exist.
    The music was beautiful and the whole atmosphere is just remarkable,
    but i was disappointment because of the fact that the movie is one hour 20 minutes
    but overall a wonderful experience and a must watch movie.
  4. Nov 11, 2013
    I saw this film several weeks ago but looking back I find it quite possibly the best new film I saw all year (so far). Of course, presumably there are a number of great foreign-language films from 2013 yet to be released in the USA, as well as any number of your usual end-of-year Oscar bait releases on the way. But rarely have I seen a film as deeply engaging and enjoyable as GRAVITY. MyI saw this film several weeks ago but looking back I find it quite possibly the best new film I saw all year (so far). Of course, presumably there are a number of great foreign-language films from 2013 yet to be released in the USA, as well as any number of your usual end-of-year Oscar bait releases on the way. But rarely have I seen a film as deeply engaging and enjoyable as GRAVITY. My only quibble was that Sandra Bullock's performance sometimes reminded me too much of her character in SPEED. All in all, though, GRAVITY is a truly extraordinary and quite possibly classic achievement in cinematic art. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2014
    It was an ok movie, very average. Some parts were boring and some were great. The 3d and visual effects were great. Both main actors are veterans so no complaints there.
  6. Oct 6, 2013
    I was a bit skeptical about this movie. When I went to go see it I realized how good this movie really is. O was amazed by the effects and sound. It had very intense moments that will have you at the edge of your seat. The ending was so intense and made me feel like is she going to make it. This is probably the best movie of this year. WATCH IN 3D. trust me 3d makes it so much better
  7. Nov 7, 2013
    Apparently, none of the reviewers have never seen Space Cowboys. A movie made in 2000, Just as good, and it was only given a 73. The acting was better also.
  8. Oct 27, 2013
    This was the first movie that said, "Goddammit!" It also made me squirm, tilt my head, put my hands up from the 3-D effects, and made me interested the entire time. The zero gravity effects were astonishing as well as all the other CGI. The story line was good, nothing spectacular. The acting was great as well. Well done.
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    As everybody knows there are only two actors in the movie and they wear spacesuits and helmets most of the time. Therefore, acting and human interaction are not the key. Personally, I think too much time was given to Sandra Bullock and her dramatic situation. Clooney would have provided some buoyancy and made the movie more interesting character-wise.

If I have to point out one major

If I have to point out one major defect, I found it silly to have Bullock look so good, with no sign of injuries or dirtiness and with her hair perfectly combed. Yes, she was mercifully make-up free, but otherwise she looked like she had just stepped out of her bed after a refreshing night’s sleep.

For me, the film is an ode to the beauty and dangers of space, the only “virgin” territory left to explore. I used to think that being an astronaut was great, but I had to reconsider. Besides, the film is an example of 3D put to good use. The three-dimensional effects worked wonders in most sequences.

We see earth and all the meteorological events we observe from down here, we see sunrise from an astonishing angle, small objects float towards us and we even get the “personal” point of view of gazing through the helmet of one astronaut. The soundtrack was also great, underlying dramatic moments without being too bombastic.

There was also a major technical blunder which you can found out by yourself, but on the whole I must confess I am a sucker for movies set in space where the space is the main character and I got totally lost in this one.
  10. Oct 5, 2013
    So far, Gravity is the best film I have seen this year. Really, I'd be lying if I didn't say it was one of the best films of this year. The story is probably one of the most original and terrifying stories I've seen in a long time. Not only is it something different in the film industry for once, but it gives me the chills that horror games wish they could replicate. It's better hereSo far, Gravity is the best film I have seen this year. Really, I'd be lying if I didn't say it was one of the best films of this year. The story is probably one of the most original and terrifying stories I've seen in a long time. Not only is it something different in the film industry for once, but it gives me the chills that horror games wish they could replicate. It's better here because the fear of being detached in space is real, and it really pulls this off well. The visuals and effects are by far the best part of this film. I'd even go as far to say it's this decade's Jurassic Park in terms of special effects. The film also has excellent performances from Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. The both actors do a fine job at acting and expressing emotion in this film. In the end, my only problem is the use of music. The music, while beautifully composed, is used using the formula of getting very loud and suddenly cutting off. it gets really annoying at times, but thankfully this happens only a handful of times. Even if another film surpasses this as my favorite of the year, I still cannot deny that Gravity is a legendary film, one of the best I have ever seen. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good flick. Expand
  11. Feb 3, 2014
    这是一部很美很简单的电影,从画面到情节都很简单,布洛克的独角戏演得不错,配乐不错很渲染气氛。
    但是,这部电影的价值只能在IMAX3D中才可以被释放,只有在那里才可以感受到它的震撼,不然就没什么意思了。
  12. Nov 1, 2013
    This movie is absolutely stunning from the get go. I can't remember ever being pulled into a film so completely and thoroughly, and I don't think I've seen a more beautiful film. Its a pretty intense ninety minutes, with Bullock's character constantly battling one catastrophe after another, and all of it is amazing to see. The plot is pretty straight forward (see it, I won't talk aboutThis movie is absolutely stunning from the get go. I can't remember ever being pulled into a film so completely and thoroughly, and I don't think I've seen a more beautiful film. Its a pretty intense ninety minutes, with Bullock's character constantly battling one catastrophe after another, and all of it is amazing to see. The plot is pretty straight forward (see it, I won't talk about that), but its the way they pull it off that makes it absolutely worth seeing. Thanks to some incredible CGI, great direction, and solid acting, the movie is an absolute must see. I'm normally not a fan of 3D movies (I hate wearing the stupid glasses), but this movie uses it wonderfully and to great effect. I would strongly recommend seeing it in an IMAX theatre if you get the chance if there was ever a movie made for 3d IMAX, this is it. Expand
  13. Oct 7, 2013
    I don't understand the hype on this movie. The cinematography is absolutely stunning for sure, and some pretty great acting, but nothing else. Pacing becomes irritating, not enough characterization to care about the ONLY characters we interact with and the back story to the vent occurring isn't strong enough to make us feel the tension.
    Good film, but not the greatest thing ever made like
    Good film, but not the greatest thing ever made like everybody is saying.
  14. Oct 5, 2013
    Gravity is an enveloping, enthralling, gripping, and unique film. This movie has astounding visuals, but also has a fully realized story and great performances from the two leads. Cuaron's ambition pays off big here, and I hope that this film sets a new higher standard for Hollywood productions.
  15. Jan 11, 2014
    This film was not what I expected - I was actually pleasantly surprised! That doesn't, however, mean it was the brilliant film most have been raving about. The cinematography / cgi work was breathtaking and stood out for most of the film. There was action. Really! And a lot of it! I caught myself on a few occasions glued to the screen, apprehension drawn all over my face. Sadly, my faceThis film was not what I expected - I was actually pleasantly surprised! That doesn't, however, mean it was the brilliant film most have been raving about. The cinematography / cgi work was breathtaking and stood out for most of the film. There was action. Really! And a lot of it! I caught myself on a few occasions glued to the screen, apprehension drawn all over my face. Sadly, my face appeared to have more emotion that that of Sandra Bullock's Dr Ryan. Both she and Clooney (playing the somewhat garrulous astronaut Kowalski) appeared to be going through the motions giving underwhelming performances. As the film progressed the situations Dr Ryan found herself in became increasingly more ridiculous. It all begins with the Russians bombing their own satellite by accident (already, facepalm) creating debris and initiating a chain-reaction of events. And yes, the physics of it all was not as accurate as some might want you to believe. Clichés galore, let's also chuck in a side-story about the protagonist's massive personal loss from her recent past - to make her more approachable? Likable? Believable? Oh, wait, to add the existential dilemma needed for added emotional gravitas to the film! Right….. Yet one would be able to suspend their belief if the dialogue supported it. In this film, it didn't. It was, frankly, quite juvenile at times. This could of been for me the masterpiece others saw had more effort been put in parts of the plot and most of the dialogue (the later being what I'm holding responsible for both Bullock and Clooney's subpar performances). In summary, NOT the innovative masterpiece expected, however a watchable pop-corn movie nonetheless. Expand
  16. Oct 5, 2013
    WoW!!!!! Absolutely loved it. I was so stressed in the cinema that sometime I closed my eyes because I couldn't see S.Bullock suffering so much. Very good movie, with a lot of suspense and action. In addition, it's very dramatic. Go see it!!!
  17. Dec 2, 2013
    This is an amazing movie with some of the best visual effects I have ever seen. It for sure deserves the best visual effects Oscar this year and maybe even best picture. Great acting and movie all around.
  18. Jan 13, 2014
    Gravity is the definition of a perfect movie. It might be boring if you were expecting an action or Sci-Fi movie, but I personally had no idea of what I was going to watch the moment I bought my tickets, then, when I came out from the cinema, I was delighted.
  19. Nov 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie is indeed very good however it could have had so much more potential (and cultural impact) if it were not made for the mainstream viewers.

When watching the trailers and reading about the movie, I though it would be more philosophical like: What do you do, if you are alone in space, waiting for death with exactly no possibilities to survive? Do you freak out? Are you scared?

The director should have added half an hour (the movie is very short) of just nothing. Floating around in space with no direction, no guidance, no entertainment, no sound. Of course, you cannot bore your viewers in such a way, however, it would have shown how dangerous being alone and miserable can be. In Gravity, this aspect is only picked up in a very superficial way.

tl;dr Instead of making a philosophical, sophisticated movie, the director put too much action in it.
  20. Oct 13, 2013
    Gravity is something else. It redefines cinema, it redefines entertainment. For an actual film maker like myself, this has changed the way I think about film. It's perfect and you need to see it
  21. Jan 9, 2014
    Visually amazing but boring as f*ck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Mar 13, 2014
    This is one of the best visually enchanting movies ever made . Meticulously choreographed and greatly acted by Sandra which for me is the best female performance of 2013. Yes the story is simple but is very effective and intense. This is a whole visceral experience . I was with her facing existential dread. This is pure masterpiece .
  23. Jun 17, 2014
    A thrilling roller coaster ride made out of diamonds; a gorgeously detailed disaster/survival movie. Stoic themes: learn to detach, let go, etc. Superior acting performance from Bullock as the mission specialist. A few improbabilities and cliches buried underneath literal awesomeness, an awe that feels grounded in an ocean of reality.
  24. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Action moments, Amazing quality and Writing. Must watch more than 2 times. Charecters and and a little comedy everything is in right place its 3-D is also worth the price Expand
  25. Nov 29, 2013
    I went to see this movie with a group of friends, and my original thought was that it was going to be bad. But when I got there and saw it in 3D, my afterwards reaction was that it was amazing. It had perfect graphics and a great acting scale. It also kept you isolated from Earth the entire movie, which made it more intense. The music was a bit loud, but I thought it was fine for a movieI went to see this movie with a group of friends, and my original thought was that it was going to be bad. But when I got there and saw it in 3D, my afterwards reaction was that it was amazing. It had perfect graphics and a great acting scale. It also kept you isolated from Earth the entire movie, which made it more intense. The music was a bit loud, but I thought it was fine for a movie of that scale. Expand
  26. Nov 2, 2013
    This movie made me lean forward, hold my breath, feel lonely and frightened. Honestly, sitting in a seat following these astronauts made me sometimes a little seasick, but in a good way. The realistic contrast is really coming through the screen, space is not a joke. 91 minutes was all it took to reform my perspective view of space relative to earth. The downsides are not worth mentioning.This movie made me lean forward, hold my breath, feel lonely and frightened. Honestly, sitting in a seat following these astronauts made me sometimes a little seasick, but in a good way. The realistic contrast is really coming through the screen, space is not a joke. 91 minutes was all it took to reform my perspective view of space relative to earth. The downsides are not worth mentioning. 9.5/10 if I could. Expand
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    Best space film I've ever seen with it's stunning and realistic visuals. Gravity takes us and gives us the experience of outer space; the eerie vacuum silence and the feel of claustrophobia while spiraling into unknown with uncertain chance of survival. This is not just a film. This is epic.
  28. Oct 5, 2013
    I had the privilege of seeing the new movie Gravity in 3D on its opening night staring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. I ended up sitting in a perfectly positioned center seat! (Thank you God!) The movie invited me very tenderly... gently into its initial scene, immersing me into deep space with the most beautiful, captivating view of earth I have ever witnessed in my entire life! ItI had the privilege of seeing the new movie Gravity in 3D on its opening night staring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. I ended up sitting in a perfectly positioned center seat! (Thank you God!) The movie invited me very tenderly... gently into its initial scene, immersing me into deep space with the most beautiful, captivating view of earth I have ever witnessed in my entire life! It was simply breathtaking! I truly felt I was in my own space suite working weightlessly side by side other astronauts in this strangely beautiful environment with the space shuttle directly at my feet. What happens next? Oh my goodness!!! You've got to see for yourself! If you have motion sickness, bring your pills... if you like roller coasters with nonstop twists and turns... you have a seat waiting for you! A masterpiece of a movie filled with spectacular cutting edge special effects, incredibly superb acting, a story line that will make you laugh, cry, and even hold your breath! I have one word to help summarize this new film... Wow!!! Expand
  29. Oct 5, 2013
    this is an amazing movie, one of the best movies I have seen in 3D, a different story and incredible, the performances are very good, it has very good visual effects undoubtedly one of the best films of 2013.
  30. Oct 5, 2013
    This the best film i see ever because is a no stop of things happening a long the film and when is finish you estay there to think about the thinghs that happend in the film
  31. Oct 26, 2013
    This is a phenomenal movie that has you on the edge of your seat. The only reason I don't give it a perfect 10 is because there are a few plot points that seem kind of forced to keep the action moving. Still, if you suspend your belief in absolute cold, hard science just a little bit, (I mean, you're at a movie, right?) you will have a great time.
  32. Oct 5, 2013
    a beautiful and enjoyable film with great visual beauty over outer space. great performances from Sandra Bullock And George Clooney. the best space film I've seen in my life
  33. Oct 7, 2013
    I'll save a few bytes on this website. Just read the review from "abramedi" and ditto for me. My only question is why does the review score not go to "11"?!
  34. Oct 9, 2013
    Phenomenal in every respect. It had a surprisingly deep level of reflection upon death, life and our place in the Universe. I couldn't stop thinking about this film for days after watching it. Visually fantastic, the performances from Clooney and Bullock were incredible, marks of truly seasoned actors, and even the slightly Hollywoodised script was amazing. 10/10, best film of the year soPhenomenal in every respect. It had a surprisingly deep level of reflection upon death, life and our place in the Universe. I couldn't stop thinking about this film for days after watching it. Visually fantastic, the performances from Clooney and Bullock were incredible, marks of truly seasoned actors, and even the slightly Hollywoodised script was amazing. 10/10, best film of the year so far. A must-watch. Expand
  35. Oct 9, 2013
    After seeing so much regurgitated crap at the movies this year Gravity is a breath of fresh air. I left blown back at how beautiful the film was. There is long continues shots that make you wonder how it was done. I'm probably going back to see this in IMAX.
  36. Oct 10, 2013
    It's honestly not as good as some are making it out to be, but not as bad as the negative reviewers here would have you believe.

I'll start with what I thought wasn't great: Good SFX don't make a movie great anymore. It's become so run-of-the-mill that huge budgets lead to top-notch effects while the acting/character development/plot get neglected. And that is what happens (to an

I'll start with what I thought wasn't great:

Good SFX don't make a movie great anymore. It's become so run-of-the-mill that huge budgets lead to top-notch effects while the acting/character development/plot get neglected. And that is what happens (to an extent) in Gravity.

I thought the acting wasn't all that great. Because only Clooney and Sandra have screen time, their rapport had to be top-notch to take the movie from a FX spectacle to an actual film. They failed to do so in my opinion, both giving slightly hokey performances. It didn't help that the dialogue was pretty awful.

As for the positives:

This movie has ridiculously awesome, eye-popping special effects, sound, 3-D, and cinematography. Probably better in these areas than any other film this year when you put it all together. The overall plot, as in the events that transpire, are pretty awesome too. As is the pacing of the movie, which was pretty masterful and kept you interested despite the poor dialogue and performances.

I give it solid 7.5/10 overall. It doesn't live up to the hype that metacritic, imdb, and RT have led onto. This movie is not at all worth of a 90, and maybe not even an 80. That said, it's been a pretty down year for movies, and reviewers are maybe a bit overly-anxious and reached a bit to peg down a movie they felt was really outstanding, and it's not all metacritics fault for the inflated score.

Go see it in theaters, IMAX 3-D if possible, because it won't have the same effect on your TV at home for all the reasons I described.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    Gravity will surprise you with how well-shot and well-written Sci-fi movies can be. And Sandra Bullock did an surprisingly outstanding role. You won't regret this movie. Even Tarantino put this movie in his top ten of 2013
  38. Oct 12, 2013
    May be one of the best movies I have ever seen! intense you'll be gripping the edge of your seat, really nice 3D effects, definitely see it in 3D, sound effects too great, straight forward, to the point, no starting near the end then going three weeks earlier,no flash backs, they put you in the persons shoes, inside looking out, instead of seeing everything from a crystal ball,and noMay be one of the best movies I have ever seen! intense you'll be gripping the edge of your seat, really nice 3D effects, definitely see it in 3D, sound effects too great, straight forward, to the point, no starting near the end then going three weeks earlier,no flash backs, they put you in the persons shoes, inside looking out, instead of seeing everything from a crystal ball,and no jumping back and forth between Earth and orbit. simplicity at its finest. I'll be paying attention for more movies from producers and directors and writers. I'm going to IMAX to see again Expand
  39. Oct 15, 2013
    The cinematography of the movie was perfect. We can see the work they done. Appreciable!!! Beautiful with simplicity. Good movie with suspense and excitement.
  40. Aug 13, 2014
    Not the best story and acting, but futuristic, innovative and perfect directing of Cuaron make this movie worth watching. There are a lot of modern movies that use the safe way of film making, imitating classics and not trying something new. But this movie is not one of them. It's a modern landmark in film making, it tried and succeeded.
  41. Feb 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I’ll count myself flabbergasted if I see a better-looking movie than this in my life. The minimalist casting works very well in this movie’s favor and, speaking as a melancholic personality type, it’s personally nice to see Sandra Bullock play the protagonist as introverted and thinking.

Failing to heed Houston doesn’t pay for Dr. Stone. Oxygen runs low. Time runs short. Hiding in a deserted Russian spacecraft might well kill her …

Oh, wait, she makes it back down to Earth. But this is still a very moving character-survival story as it stands. I would give this greater than 10 if (A) Metacritic allowed it and (B) we saw some of Kowalski’s or Stone’s life experiences as they happened. Not that Bullock and Clooney’s voices aren’t interesting enough, but seriously, would it have pushed the budget that much more to show the background to how they got there?
  42. Oct 27, 2013
    This film does a great job using CGI within the theme and plot. Sure, it has star power, and Sandra Bullock does a great job. Cloonie is Cloonie, it might have been good to see him stretch his acting chops a bit more. Sound design is great. My girl friend did not like it as it gave her a stomach ache by the end because she was so tense. I guess that means they did a good job as storytellers.
  43. Oct 29, 2013
    I really enjoyed watching this movie. The actors are doing a fantastic job painting the emotions the characters are experiencing above the Earth surface. However, some scientific inaccuracies (such as no pressure making bodies explode when they take off their space masks, no gravity effect on their hair, tears should not be levitating but 'sticking' to the actors face, etc..) and a lack ofI really enjoyed watching this movie. The actors are doing a fantastic job painting the emotions the characters are experiencing above the Earth surface. However, some scientific inaccuracies (such as no pressure making bodies explode when they take off their space masks, no gravity effect on their hair, tears should not be levitating but 'sticking' to the actors face, etc..) and a lack of a complex intrigue and story kind of ruins the movie.
    Still, it is very enjoyable and I would recommend you watch the movie on a big screen with a good audio.
  44. Mar 27, 2014
    The movie accomplished with flying colours its story premise. As explained in the beginning THERE IS NOTHING TO CARRY SOUND, NO OXYGEN, AND NO AIR PRESSURE. That is what Gravity aims at and that is why Gravity is such an achievement. Great score where sound is virtually impossible. Great ride where there is no time to breathe. We are constantly kept at the edge of our seats. Great visualThe movie accomplished with flying colours its story premise. As explained in the beginning THERE IS NOTHING TO CARRY SOUND, NO OXYGEN, AND NO AIR PRESSURE. That is what Gravity aims at and that is why Gravity is such an achievement. Great score where sound is virtually impossible. Great ride where there is no time to breathe. We are constantly kept at the edge of our seats. Great visual storytelling where dialogue is purposefully impossible. Beautiful Photography. One Woman Acting Show by Sandra Bullock. If you are an acting driven movie lover or a traditional screenplay geek, you will probably find gravity limited. However, if you see Gravity for what it is, you will too find kind words for the picture and reach this conclusion: a simple, down-to-earth (literally) space journey extraganza which reminds us of our short existence in this life and the reasons we need to cling onto if we want to keep living. The Survival and Rebirth themes in this Movie also apply to 3D Cinema. Cuaron has taken the cinematic experience a step further. 3D is back in business. Expand
  45. Nov 1, 2013
    Review for the film Gravity. I don't know if anyone else noticed but all objects in a set orbital radius move with the same velocity. So the satellite debris that came at them at 20 miles per second may well have crossed their path once but after that the debris would have moved to a higher altitude orbit due to its higher speed. The only exception would have been if the debris was movingReview for the film Gravity. I don't know if anyone else noticed but all objects in a set orbital radius move with the same velocity. So the satellite debris that came at them at 20 miles per second may well have crossed their path once but after that the debris would have moved to a higher altitude orbit due to its higher speed. The only exception would have been if the debris was moving at exactly the hubble's orbital altitude and speed, but from the opposite direction. In short the space debris would have hit them once but if it was in the same orbital path it must have had the same orbital speed and hence to Sandra and George it would have appeared stationary and moving with them.
    Otherwise I loved it, action packed and the remainder was pretty accurate.
  46. Nov 1, 2013
    A sensational, out of this world movie experience for any moviegoer. You feel as if you're isolated in space with the main characters if seen in Imax 3-D. I feel that 3d was initially created for this film and they cleverly and expertly utilized there 100 million dollar budget. Remarkable; the future of cinema as we know it.
  47. Nov 3, 2013
    Aside from some forced story elements and a big of a long-winded script at times, Gravity is just so much fun. It's first 15 minutes are pretty gosh darn close to perfect, within minutes you're in the sh*t. The music is really something too. This is one of the few movies that actually really actually benefits from 3D and IMAX, so see it that way. Great movie!
  48. Nov 2, 2013
    Positives: Indescribable is probably the only way to explain this movie. It's majestic and stunning cinematography, as well as harmonious rhythms from the score bring a level of immersion unlike any other. Simplicity is the story's strong point, with intelligible characters that grip you to the core, and a storyline that is straightforward, and fast paced. From start to finish this filmPositives: Indescribable is probably the only way to explain this movie. It's majestic and stunning cinematography, as well as harmonious rhythms from the score bring a level of immersion unlike any other. Simplicity is the story's strong point, with intelligible characters that grip you to the core, and a storyline that is straightforward, and fast paced. From start to finish this film will captivate and immerse you into an unmatched visual experience.

Negatives: Parts of the story are briefly or inadequately explained which could confuse the audience, especially since they will be distracted by the dazzling visuals.
  49. Nov 2, 2013
    Filme com efeitos especiais bons e um suspense do inicio ao fim e com historia otima, e com otimos atores escolhidos, e um bom tema escolhido e um bom filme produzido em 3D.
  50. Nov 2, 2013
    I think may be obvious to admit, although with a certain reserve, that Gravity is a great film, from many points of view.

This is a film that certainly does not leave indifferent, anyhow, a characterization excessively cold and linear of the (few) characters, a pace not always appropriate and a certain coldness in the overall execution lead me to exclude it from excellence. Anyhow,

Anyhow, the points in its favor are so many, that it is impossible and unfair to focus only on error.

If only for the courage shown by the director, producers and actors, in presenting a product so discordant from the "mass" usually sent to the public (especially in science fiction), this is a film that should be seen, understood and, rightly, appreciated.
  51. Nov 6, 2013
    Gravity is a mind blowing visual roller coaster. It is hard to give a movie just based on visuals a perfect score because all I came out of Gravity with was visuals. The story wasn't anything ground breaking or strong, it was just a movie about the beauty of space and it does a perfect job.
  52. Nov 5, 2013
    Best movie of the year so far,maybe the best movie in past 20 years.Together with 2001: A Space Odyssey is the best space movie ever made.A work of art of Alfonso Cuarón.Maybe the best movie I've ever seen.
  53. Dec 12, 2013
    The plot seems simple but that's what it made it special. Everything is very realistic(cinematography), the tension. Felt that the movie is a little bit draggy and might not need some parts!
  54. Nov 24, 2014
    Gravity proves that science fiction can still be very interesting without warp speed, teleporters or spacecrafts fighting. Based on the impossibility of life in space, movie presents modern day space technology with excellent visuals, good acting and somewhat gripping story. Quiet soundtrack also adds to the great atmosphere. Although not a classic, it is easily a must watch.
  55. ATR
    Nov 7, 2013
    It was good. They make it sound intense, but it is not. The CGI is nice and great to look at. Making a movie that I might give another go at or get it on Blu-ray.
  56. Nov 7, 2013
    Dope movie, Felix Baumgartner has nothing on this chick.........................................................................................................................
  57. Nov 9, 2013
    With a small screenplay Cuarón made an amazing film, with a lot of suspence, surprising performances and great especial effects. A master piece for the upcoming science fiction films.
  58. Nov 11, 2013
    This is, I have to admit, one of the most intense, beautiful, breathtaking movies I have ever seen. Sandra Bullock's performance was spot on and Clooney gave a charmingly fresh perspective to the disasters throughout the film. I was concerned by the fact that there were only two visible characters, but not once did I felt like something was missing. Overall, a true work of art.
  59. Nov 11, 2013
    I love it!..it was a good freakin movie...I mean by the sound & visual effects
    :D very good (well job done) I just wish the movie had a little bit more of a story!..now I can kinda say I've been to space haha SERIOUSLY great visual effects and sound very realistic
  60. Nov 12, 2013
    Great, but not brilliant. I imagine this movie will impress people with less knowledge of space as whilst the effects are amazing, the plot could have easily been expanded with a greater emphasis on using physics and gravity to actually get home rather than talking about the characters histories. I didn't hear "periapse" mentioned once in the movie, or any actual calculations of trajectory.
  61. Nov 17, 2013
    Sure, there are some scientific inaccuracies in the movie, but last time I checked, I watch fictions to be entertained. And so I was. Greatly. I saw the movie in 3D and, seriously, Cuaron is a genius filmmaker with impressive attention to details. By details I mean the most he can do without risking the entertainment aspect for scientific accuracies.

Sure, it's a little bit disturbing

Sure, it's a little bit disturbing to see how close all the space stations up there are, but I managed to deal with it by just simply assuming it has everything to do with Einstein's relativity theory. Or how it should've been next to impossible for many other things that happen in the movie to actually happen. But then again, this is a very entertaining work of art, smart-ass!
  62. Nov 27, 2014
    Few ever films have showed that little and have expressed that much in that short amount of time. This is far beyond stars and universe... in its simplicity we can find grandeur, excellency. This movie is transcendental.
  63. Nov 28, 2013
    This is more than a movie its an experience of how to be in space.
    This movie is absolute visual treat with an interesting plot.
    Clooney and Sandra Bullock acted their hearts out .If you miss it 3d cinemas or i-max, that is a crime
    Stunningly perfect movie you could ever experience
  64. Apr 30, 2014
    With strong acting coupled up with an eerie soundtrack, top-notch directing, a focused narrative and great visuals, it is entertaining, tense and astonishing at the same time. Gravity's huge ambition pays off as a modern classic.
  65. Nov 28, 2013
    This is a very good film on two levels: suspense and special effects. Apart from that, it doesn't have a very unique plot, noteworthy dialogue, or great acting. However, since it essentially achieved what it set out to do, and is entertaining to be sure, it is deserving of a positive review but undeserving of the kind of critical praise it is getting.
  66. Dec 16, 2013
    A short survival story on a level that I never seen before, definitely worth watching. The visuals are stunning, everything else is solid. A few scenes have their laws of physics bent, once or twice quite grossly which takes the toll out of the movie. Also the satellite debris cloud is nonsense but we can dismiss that.

Plot 7 Simple and short, and that is the goal, some impossible

Plot 7
    Simple and short, and that is the goal, some impossible scenes damage the movie.
    SPOILER(Debris cloud, wouldn't work like that... but it does a good job of providing tension to the movie. When Clooney detach's himself, first they would bounce back into the station, even if for some reason they wouldn't, they are clearly stopped but it seems like he is falling for some ridiculous reason, then when he detachs himself, he starts floating away, really...? When Bullock jumps into the Chinese space station, the whole thing is impossible on so many levels, but let's imagine it isn't, she just makes guess work and all goes right...)

Acting 7
    Clooney is a flawless 10 but Bullock does not convince me, It seems that the goal is making the viewer immerse into her character and It didn't work for me.

Cinematography 10
    Special Effects 10
    When you mix perfect cinematography with highly detailed special effects, Gravity is what happens.

Just make sure you are ready for some unbelievable scenes and enjoy the ride, you won't regret watching this movie.
  67. Dec 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautiful _and_ gripping that is a winning combination for me! Not even the glaring problems with physics could spoil it (and anyway my biggest problem is with just one episode, with magic phantom forces pulling Clooney away).

Definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
  68. Jan 10, 2014
    Like Paul Walker's movie Hours, this movie did great even though the movie centers on a small cast. Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, both great actors, perform great again. The special effects are great, and my favorite scenes are the conversations. While the plot is simple, and the movie a bit too short, this movie is one of the better movies in 2013.

If you liked this review, read

If you liked this review, read my other ones by clicking on my name and mark this review as helpful. I also do reviews on a wide variety of movies, TV shows and video games.
  69. Dec 30, 2013
    Film of the year. Now that you've read that go see the film NOW!! Continue reading this review once you have seen it. This film gets everything right. Acting, directing, screenplay, camera( first person views! effects, production design, 3D that's good!) and music. It's an inspiring sci fi thriller that not only redifines the genre, but cinema itself. Just like Avatar did, and just likeFilm of the year. Now that you've read that go see the film NOW!! Continue reading this review once you have seen it. This film gets everything right. Acting, directing, screenplay, camera( first person views! effects, production design, 3D that's good!) and music. It's an inspiring sci fi thriller that not only redifines the genre, but cinema itself. Just like Avatar did, and just like Alien did. This is revolutionary. Expand
  70. Dec 12, 2013
    There was a timewhen space sci-fi was ruled by star trek and star wars but when Gravity got to the screens it opened a whole new world of sci-fi thriller with mind blowing visual effects, great script, superb acting both in lead and supporing characters role Bullock and Clooney gave there performance of the year this is a movie that will shock you and keep your feet on the ground and wontThere was a timewhen space sci-fi was ruled by star trek and star wars but when Gravity got to the screens it opened a whole new world of sci-fi thriller with mind blowing visual effects, great script, superb acting both in lead and supporing characters role Bullock and Clooney gave there performance of the year this is a movie that will shock you and keep your feet on the ground and wont let go that's a guaranty Expand
  71. Apr 5, 2014
    I didn't like Gravity. I probably won't watch it again, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fantastic. The cinematography (albeit simulated) was simply mind-blowing and gorgeous. Kudos to the studio that produced all the CGI in this film. In every way, the production quality was top notch and raises the bar.

Moreover, both George Clooney and Sandra Bullock astounded me. Clooney, willing to play a smaller supporting role, did so with panache and Bullock was gratifyingly believable in her isolation, desperation, and determination. Definitely worth watching.
  72. Dec 11, 2013
    This movie is PERFECT for science fans as it contains many real facts and solutions. Highly thrilling and awesomely detailed. There could not be better actors than this.
  73. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. first sorry about my English, it's not my main language! The movie gravity bring us amazing story of 2 astronauts that's on a simple mission. to fix satellite. but when the Russians decide to destroy their own satellite, the movie starts. the movie is amazing! first i will talk about the effects and sound : they are amazing! amazing long shots with awesome effect and spine- tingling sound, makes us feel like we drifting in space with Sandra bullock, that playing amazing in this movie, and carry it all by herself. the story isn't complicated, but the way Alfonso Caron tell us the story, is amazing. i can tell you tons of good thing about the movie, but why should i? just go and watch the movie and you will understand what i mean. 1010! Expand
  74. Dec 13, 2013
    I have never really been a fan of 3D, but I would have to say that this film is Simply EPIC in 3D, the stunning Filming and the brilliant special effects add to a flawless film.
  75. Dec 13, 2013
    First off, I usually hate 'action' movies. Gravity isn't an action movie, but more of a drama... a human story with lots of intense action laced in. The movie is beautiful and the actors are great! I can definitely see cinematography and directing Oscar nods. Bullock also may have an outside chance at a nod. Great movie.
  76. Dec 14, 2013
    Awesome film, with great performances from Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, both likely Oscar contenders. Amazing Directing from Alfonso Cuaron with his best film yet. The visuals and 3D effects of the film are some of the best I have ever seen. This is a film that actually uses the 3D to its advantage. Many of the equipment used on this film had to invented for it and this film has laidAwesome film, with great performances from Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, both likely Oscar contenders. Amazing Directing from Alfonso Cuaron with his best film yet. The visuals and 3D effects of the film are some of the best I have ever seen. This is a film that actually uses the 3D to its advantage. Many of the equipment used on this film had to invented for it and this film has laid the groundwork for a new generation of films. If you ever wanted to be an astronaut this is your chance to see what its really like or if you want to show your friends and relatives what its really like if you are an astronaut this is the film that will do that. This is film has to seen by everyone, be you film lover or passing admirer. This is what makes it one of the best films this year and one of the best ever. This is truly a film for the ages. Expand
  77. Dec 14, 2013
    I thought that even though the scientific inconsistencies were numerous, the over-all experience was worthwhile. I liked the ambient soundtrack and the sense of dread I felt when she was going through all of the mayhem; I felt like it was greatly executed.
  78. Jul 26, 2014
    One HELL of an adventure! I was positively enthralled by every electrifying second of it. My immersion in the intense action scenes made my palms start sweating profusely. Lubezki once again proves that he's the cherry on top of the cream of the crop of cinematographers. I blinked rarely and only reluctantly during his long takes. A masterpiece of staging and technical innovation,One HELL of an adventure! I was positively enthralled by every electrifying second of it. My immersion in the intense action scenes made my palms start sweating profusely. Lubezki once again proves that he's the cherry on top of the cream of the crop of cinematographers. I blinked rarely and only reluctantly during his long takes. A masterpiece of staging and technical innovation, 'Gravity' is nothing short of sublime. And, luckily, *plot spoiler* Sandra Bullock only imitates a dog in one scene. Expand
  79. Dec 26, 2013
    Space is a terrifying place, as put in the opening title card, no one is capable of surviving in space, one push, one touch and you're lost forever, trapped in the endless void of nothingness, losing oxygen, losing self, losing all capabilities of normal life. Gravity is the reminder of the dangers of space, the terrifying, eerie silent atmosphere of spaces emptiness. Alfonso Cuarón hasSpace is a terrifying place, as put in the opening title card, no one is capable of surviving in space, one push, one touch and you're lost forever, trapped in the endless void of nothingness, losing oxygen, losing self, losing all capabilities of normal life. Gravity is the reminder of the dangers of space, the terrifying, eerie silent atmosphere of spaces emptiness. Alfonso Cuarón has made the film of the year, not because of the visual splendor, not because of Bullock's sensitive, brilliant performance, or even because of his absolutely perfect direction, no, it's because it reaches out and crafts a tale that would've been pointless and turns it into a tale of self discovery, fate, and terror. Gravity is a film that reminds us: Space is terrifying. Expand
  80. Feb 12, 2014
    If you have any understanding of physics or general science knowledge or even just common sense you will find yourself scratching your head many times throughout this movie, or like myself just constantly downright frustrated and annoyed.

If you enjoy watching Sandra Bullock screaming, panicking and spinning around in space for an hour, you will have a great time. Double the great time if you also enjoy watching her play a lifeless, boring character who you (not so) secretly hope will get hit by satellite debris.

Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the beautiful views of earth and space, and try not to be annoyed by the constant, overly-dramatic transitions from the serene silence of space to loud noises, explosions and heavy breathing.
  81. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are only two reasons why this movie didn't get full ratings.

1. I got head spins through out the movie because they really did an awesome job of making you feel that you were in space. No gravity. Condensed and claustrophobic rooms. I never experienced this before! Might be better in 3D?
    2. I am never a fan of the only option of survival being the intense inner strength of a man. I like 'real' movies and most of the time we are very afraid of dying and dealing with being alone. I would like to see that option of crying out to God once and a while in a movie.

Otherwise, this movie had me on the edge of my seat. I can't believe how a movie with only two actors could have such depth and intensity! And one actors goes away on a 'floating' journey only ten minutes in. So 1 actress. The whole movie. She does an amazing job.
  82. Dec 21, 2013
    Another demonstration of good ideas for film also depart from the Latin minds and give an example to follow Alfonso Cuaron and Guillermo del Toro (director of Pacific Rim).
    If you do not see it in 3D at the cinema does not make sense then, is special for 3D thanks to its special effects shots in the first person and the image that you feel in space and they bring more pressure.
    The
    The performances are stunning, especially Sandra Bullok glaring at the end of the movie and the great comic touch of George Clooney. These two actions make me forget that obtained Bullok in ALL ABOUT STEVE and Clooney in Batman and Robin.
    Evil but because of at least are the first 5 minutes of the movie that are boring.
    As I said earlier Alfonso Cuaron applaud and hope that this will mark a before and after in the Hollywood cinema.
  83. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first thing of the movie attracts me is the view of life in a very different perspective. Countless (science fiction) movies contain space situation, but the bravery on it and uniqueness of the movie surpasses them all I think. Little bit slow, but not boring at all, detailed every moment thrilled me up, and its importance is taken care about. But I think the most importantly people will love the movie because of its inner view of dream, love and incredible power of life. Expand
  84. Dec 26, 2013
    Gravity is stunningly good-looking. The obscure cinematography not only makes for an unusual viewing experience, but an engaging and physical one at that. Alfonso Cuarón has cleverly manipulated our viewing experience to mirror the weightlessness and tension of life in space the film left me disorientated and breathless. For a very short film, it's a surprisingly tiring yet rewardingGravity is stunningly good-looking. The obscure cinematography not only makes for an unusual viewing experience, but an engaging and physical one at that. Alfonso Cuarón has cleverly manipulated our viewing experience to mirror the weightlessness and tension of life in space the film left me disorientated and breathless. For a very short film, it's a surprisingly tiring yet rewarding watch. Sandra Bullock is very good, once again disproving the assumptions surrounding her, and although the plot is thin on the grounds, with a fairly painful ending, the film holds together spectacularly. It looks good, sounds amazing and feels exciting this is a very multi-dimensional film. Expand
  85. Dec 28, 2013
    Alfonso Cuaron (aided by the masterful cameraman Emmanuel Lubezki and an astonishing, Oscar-worthy performance by Sandra Bullock) have creating a stunning, genre-defining work that ranks as one of the year's best.
  86. Dec 28, 2013
    This si a great film that has several stars but Sandra Bullock takes the cake. This has much futurism with great reality, the filming is great, an the 3D effect is subtle yet adds much to the enjoyment of the film. Being tossed out is space left to see what will happen is a fear in some way shape or form we all have. The digital filming if right on top. This will be nominated for severalThis si a great film that has several stars but Sandra Bullock takes the cake. This has much futurism with great reality, the filming is great, an the 3D effect is subtle yet adds much to the enjoyment of the film. Being tossed out is space left to see what will happen is a fear in some way shape or form we all have. The digital filming if right on top. This will be nominated for several awards. See it, sit back, and enjoy it. Expand
  87. Dec 28, 2013
    When I was watching it I thought it is going to be a movie about the beautiful pictures and stuff. Didn't expect a great storyline, intresting characters. But I was WRONG! This movie wasn't just beautiful and stunning, but I was sooo excited through the whole movie. The only problem with it was Sandras breathtaking, it was really loud, but seemed realistic.
  88. Dec 30, 2013
    İzlediğim en iyi gerilim filmlerinden bir tanesiydi. Özellikle uzaydaki o meteor parçaların uzay istasyonuna çarpınca kalbim yerinden çıkacak gibi oluyordu...
  89. Jan 28, 2015
    Visually, "Gravity" is a work of art. It is serene, eerie, and captivating. As a storytelling piece, however, it is serene, eerie, and captivating only for the first half-hour. After that point, it becomes a series of repetitive set pieces drifting towards a predictable outcome that simply isn't exciting and lacks enough substance to anchor the spectacle, despite Sandra Bullock's bestVisually, "Gravity" is a work of art. It is serene, eerie, and captivating. As a storytelling piece, however, it is serene, eerie, and captivating only for the first half-hour. After that point, it becomes a series of repetitive set pieces drifting towards a predictable outcome that simply isn't exciting and lacks enough substance to anchor the spectacle, despite Sandra Bullock's best efforts. My first viewing, I had a much higher opinion of this film, swept up in the hype surrounding it and blinded by its technical accomplishment. My second viewing, issues with the story (or lack of) were magnified and severely detracted from the film. Expand
  90. Dec 31, 2013
    I believe it's a bit overrated, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It's one of the most awe inspiring visual achievements of all time, so it's a shame that the story and emotional content cannot live up to the visual content. It's too thin and the movie feels too short. The characters, when they are in the movie, are for the most part dull. However, the visuals are brilliant, and should beI believe it's a bit overrated, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It's one of the most awe inspiring visual achievements of all time, so it's a shame that the story and emotional content cannot live up to the visual content. It's too thin and the movie feels too short. The characters, when they are in the movie, are for the most part dull. However, the visuals are brilliant, and should be enough to keep most people amazed, IF they can understand well enough how to appreciate it.

Gravity gets 8.4/10
  91. Jan 4, 2015
    This film in IMAX in 3D is easily a 9, but when downgrading to dvd which most people will get now or even Bluray it has to come down to a 7. The story is very simple but then again it is meant to be a disaster movie. The acting is great by Sandra Bullock and George Clooney and both hold the film with no other character really needed. The exposition to some characters back storiea are aThis film in IMAX in 3D is easily a 9, but when downgrading to dvd which most people will get now or even Bluray it has to come down to a 7. The story is very simple but then again it is meant to be a disaster movie. The acting is great by Sandra Bullock and George Clooney and both hold the film with no other character really needed. The exposition to some characters back storiea are a little forced and dull but nothing too majorly wrong with that. The visuals are BEAUTIFUL, best part of the film easily! Additionally, Alfonso Cuaron uses his trademark long tracking shots which look awesome in this film by the way, but i still see his best work as Children of Men. Lastly, the ending and what it was meant to be symbolising was so obvious that i must admit it is kinda painful to watch, but i can see where they were going with it. Expand
  92. Jan 16, 2014
    I saw this in 4DX , the 3d was the best i ve ever seen amazing but feeling it with moving seats. HOLY ****!!!! The work was brilliant.. No air , no sound no nothing unly the breathing and the tension was too much to handle at the beginning, even i felt dizzy at times. nice script nice idea. very very impressive!
  93. Jan 16, 2014
    Gravity is a below average movie with STUNNING visuals. The idea and science behind it is very interesting, but the execution of the story is pretty bad. It's riddled with cliches and jaw-droppingly ridiculous moments which can only exist in Hollywood. The action sequences are spectacular though, and the sound-effects top-notch. Give it a try if you like eye-candy, but avoid it at allGravity is a below average movie with STUNNING visuals. The idea and science behind it is very interesting, but the execution of the story is pretty bad. It's riddled with cliches and jaw-droppingly ridiculous moments which can only exist in Hollywood. The action sequences are spectacular though, and the sound-effects top-notch. Give it a try if you like eye-candy, but avoid it at all costs if you're craving anything with substance. Expand
  94. Jan 12, 2014
    I almost fell asleep half way through this movie out of boredom. This film feels like this: imagine there is a trashcan on top of the hill. A woman jumps in it and starts rolling down the hill. Trash fal out of the can and she falls out of it too. A bit later she catches the trashcan and jumps in it again and starts rolling down the hill again. And then the hole thing repeats.... But don'tI almost fell asleep half way through this movie out of boredom. This film feels like this: imagine there is a trashcan on top of the hill. A woman jumps in it and starts rolling down the hill. Trash fal out of the can and she falls out of it too. A bit later she catches the trashcan and jumps in it again and starts rolling down the hill again. And then the hole thing repeats.... But don't worry, they have a simple trick to wake you up. A cougar will pop up in her underwear just in the right time to keep you awake or from moving away from the movie....if you like cougars, of course. You can watch much more interesting IMAX movie about Earth seen from space, no need to watch cougar jumping from can to can in her underwear. Expand
  95. Jan 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I guess everything has already been said about the beauty and the credibility of the special effects. This is the best of imax and 3d technology since avatar. It is strictly impossible to be bored during the 90mn of the movie.
    However, in my opinion, there is an overreaction about the scenario and the acting... George Clooney acts like George clooney, the brilliant , funny, brave and so cute astronaut. Completely uninteresting.
    Moreover, I didn't find Sandra's Bullock performance so incredible. Always the same story of a young and brilliant scientific who suffered a serious trauma... I almost felt embarrassed during the dog scene.
    Furthermore, it is not entirely the fault of the actors. The most disturbing thing was the dialogs, simplistic and predictable. Same opinion about the script : the Russian are guilty again, the heroic Clooney sacrifices his life for the beautiful girl, and, thanks to her courage and her love for her son, she manages to save herself... very conventional.
    I'll compare this movie to Avatar: a wonderful coating but nothing inside.
  96. Jan 16, 2014
    This movie is great, it is perfect, a masterpiece, the movie made me feel like I was in space, the 3D was actually pretty good in fact it's the best I've seen ever, Sandra Bullock, and Alfonso Cuaròn deserve an Oscar for doing their best work, so this is my favorite movie of 2013, It is an 10/10 it is just perfect.
  97. Apr 28, 2014
    With the perfect acting, simplicity of the storyline and most picturesque graffics, this is the greatest, most human suspensed and emotional sci-fi wonder of all time, so enjoy it while you can
  98. Jan 27, 2014
    The movie`s visual and sound effects are outstanding, but the lack of characters on the story makes it suprisingly boring at some parts, thats probably why the short duration of the movie.
  99. Mar 30, 2014
    Entertaining movie, great visuals, although you might get a little bored given the lack of dialogues and silence, needed for the movie to develop properly. Simple story but nice, if you can imagine the getting lost in infinity.
  100. Feb 12, 2014
    The film is about a woman astronaut that tries to survive in space when a chinese satellite explodes and destroys her spaceshuttle and kills must of her colleagues .The only other survivor, Matt Kowalsky helps her.

The movie had a lot of beatiful special effects, but for me it was quite repetitive.

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Nov 3, 2013
    A stunning space saga that takes off for new technical frontiers without leaving its humanity behind.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Oct 6, 2013
    Gravity is not a film of ideas, like Kubrick's techno-mystical "2001," but it's an overwhelming physical experience -- a challenge to the senses that engages every kind of dread. [7 Oct. 2013, p.88]
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Oct 4, 2013
    This is not to say that Gravity is a masterpiece: Unlike Cuarón’s extraordinary "Children of Men", it doesn’t quite pull off its ambitious effort to combine formal inventiveness, heart-pounding action, and intimate human storytelling. But it succeeds thrillingly at the first two of those categories, and only misses the mark on the last because it tries a little too hard — which is certainly a welcome respite from the countless sci-fi thrillers that privilege the human story not at all.