5.0

1. Mar 2, 2014
    I can't believe this! Sandler, Rock, and Spade were all on SNL! They have to know more than this! What made them think that making this unfunny garbage was a good idea?
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    I walked into this poor-excuse for a movie expecting something god-awful. I was right, and then some. This movie is filled with stupid fart jokes and bad acting. For some reason, this movie got made. This just proved that Adam Sandler isn't the same actor he was. Seriously, this movie is just plain awful. I gave it a 1 only because there was just about one scene were I almost came close to slightly laughing Expand
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    It's one of Adam Sandler's more stale and childish movies, but it isn't that horrible. A few sadistic laughs attributed by the slapstick comedy that befalls on a decent portion of the characters. But it still doesn't make sense, like most of Sandler's movies, and is rather disturbing and unbearable to watch at times. Sandler, I don't know what he should do to become better, maybe stop with comedy's, because he isn't particularly good at them. Expand
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I own this movie, seen it twice or 3 times, and it is just dull when it comes to humor. "I want to get chocolate wasted", is a perfect quote to use as an example. That quote didn't even make sense, but everyone in the movie laughs. And then the mother says, "no you don't honey". If this movie made me laugh once it would have been a joyous laugh during the credits because it is over. I love Adam Sandler, but he has recently been making poor humored movies such as Jack and Jill, Grown Ups, Grown Ups 2 (I laughed a couple times), That's My Boy, Funny People, Zookeeper, Bedtime Stories, and You Don't Mess With The Zohan. My favorite movie with him in it is Click, because he does a great job with his dramatic moments and funny moments. It shows how much potential Adam sandler has. I hope one day, he'll make better movies. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    Grown Ups groans low.
    The movie is a poorly written comedy that revolves around paper thin characters who happen to be played by recognizable comedians past their primes. There are no laughs, and really no story outside of a somewhat redeeming first ten minutes.
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    This movie is an abomination to cinema. Adam's Sandler's career is in the crapper, he's bored, having a mid-life crisis, so what does he do? He signs into this mess. What a shame.
  7. Sep 24, 2013
    The beginning of the end of Adam Sandler's career. This film had NO laughs, there was no scene in which I even chuckled. "Grown Ups" has no plot, it's just a few scenes that are about 3 minutes with a joke at the end of each scene, and when there is another scene, once again, it's a set up for another totally un-funny joke and rinse and repeat. The humor was all toilet comedy or slapstick, there is nothing smart, witty, or even laughable about any of the jokes in this film. I've read other reviews suggesting that this is actually a "good movie." Is this a good movie? No, not one damn bit. I've seen none of the reviewers who gave this God-awful film give any reasons to justify the fact that this film is the slightest bit watchable. There is no reason for one to buy this movie, rent it or even borrow it from a friend. It's just not good, at all. Expand
  8. Sep 1, 2013
    Grown Ups takes you back to that special level of boredom you once had when you were a child in math class. You sit motionless, you count the ceiling tiles, and the movie is sure to reveal the agenda to you ahead of time just to be certain none of it's jokes should surprise you. Bottom of the barrel garbage that not only isn't funny, but is actively determined to remind you the whole time of this fact with mindless slapstick and a remarkable level of "Ha ha, he's drunk" moments which the movie seems to be convinced count as "comedy". Burn each copy and scatter the ashes. Expand
  9. Aug 12, 2013
    The fact that this was written by Adam Sandler should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect as his movies haven't changed, or even evolved, one iota since the 90's. Unfortunately his formula, that once produced the memorable Happy Gilmore, has become increasingly tired over the years. The supporting cast are little more than stereotypes and to many of the jokes simply fall flat to the extent that the best way to describe Grown Ups would probably be boring.

On the plus side the movies heart is certainly in the right place and there is an obvious chemistry between the main cast producing the odd funny moment. With a funnier script it is actually possible that this could have actually been quite good, but in the end Grown Ups can only really be recommended to the most diehard of Sandler fans.
  10. Aug 3, 2013
    Los primeros 15 minutos son buenos, y luego la película va decayendo de forma impresionante. Muy aburrida. Las actuaciones no son tan malas, pero la historia es de lo peor que se ha visto en la historia del cine.
  11. Jun 21, 2013
    Not really funny at all. It's basically just the actors, who usually are very funny, hanging out and doing clichéd, not very funny things. Of course there's an old team rivalry thing, and of course it's not very funny. It doesn't really do anything to the story. This is one of the laziest written movies ever, which is why it's hard to review it. How do you review a movie with so little in it? The only thing I could think of is to review it badly. Will it burn your eyes out with terribleness? No. It's terribleness won't do that to you, unless you're talking about the ugly old lady, but it will bore you if you have any comic sense at all. Why do so many other teenagers love this movie? Expand
  12. Jun 18, 2013
    Grown Ups barely passes in my opinion. Although it did have it's funny and touching moments, the whole movie was so determined to make the audience laugh that it would never stop throwing jokes at the audience and half of the jokes were not that funny. As for the performances, all the adult actors/actresses were great but the child actors/actresses were so bad at acting. This movie could have been so much funnier and so much better than it was. I really hope that Grown Ups 2 is way better than this waste of time. Expand
  13. Jun 6, 2013
    This film sucks. No 2 ways about it. If I can count the funny moments on 1 hand (about 3-4 of them thanks to the only stars in this movie Chris Rock and Kevin James) than this film failed has a comedy.
  14. May 31, 2013
    I'm not going to waste time with a review. Don't watch the movie, it's seriously that bad. It has no funny scenes whatsoever, I just truly, deeply, HATED it!
  15. May 26, 2013
    The real problem with this movie is that, it simply is not funny, not funny at all. So unfunny to become tedious tawdry and pathetic. Worst of the worst...
  16. Jan 28, 2013
    A movie for complete idiots. Actors seem so lazy acting outs there parts it is unbelievable but the movie doesn't comes across as irritating and in some moments even funny.
  17. Jan 27, 2013
    What an unfunny, boring comedy! With such a cast you would think they would deliver laughs, but the cast is not at fault, its the awful writers/director of this movie. The movie is without a plot, story. Its just like a bad cottage trip, where everybody is bored.
  18. Nov 9, 2012
    For me, it's almost impossible for movies like this to get an absolutely atrocious rating because they are light and appeal to the less complicated side of our personalities. At their worst, they're still pleasant and amusing. But when they are as incompetent as this, they won't be getting any sparkling reviews either. Nobody watches flicks like these for the drama, the character development, the theme or the plot. Because none of those things are ever good in such movies. They are founded upon humor and sometimes even shock. Grown Ups is lazy in both regards. It truly seems as if they had a skeleton of a script and filled in the rest with improvised comedy. Except none of them can improvise. I mean, you hear the jokes and say, "There's no way somebody wrote that and decided that is was sufficient." I giggled a few times, but overall the "funny" dialogue was just lame. Lame. Lame. Lame. That's the prefect word to describe how ineffective it was. So really, Grown Ups has very little to offer. Nothing of interest. No sophistication. Just one or two chuckles buried under an avalanche of painfully inaccurate, cringe-inducing stabs at funny. It's like the one friend at the party who tries to make everyone laugh but really just embarrasses himself. So I am willing to give up 4 stars. But that's only because I can sit through it without becoming angry or disgusted. A thoughtless production. Expand
  19. Aug 24, 2012
    On first viewing I hated this film but after another viewing I actually found some parts rather enjoyable. Still not a great Adam Sandler film, it is by no means a film to chuck away but one to enjoy on a very quiet evening.
  20. Jun 4, 2012
    I am a big fan of Kevin James and a bit less of a fan of Adam Sandler, but this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The fact that it has more positive reviews on here than negative makes me weep for humanity. They even tried to get loads of hot women in it to make it somewhat bearable and failed miserably. This movie makes Jack and Jill look like the Godfather.
  21. Apr 30, 2012
    My older sister recommended me this movie and I've got a message for you, sister: **** you!
  22. Mar 1, 2012
    Grown Ups is a perfect example of how bad Adam Sandler movies can be.The movie is not as funny as thinks it is, Adam Sandler and Chris Rock can do and have done much better than this, David Spade gets typecasted as a sleeze for one billionith movie, Kevin James fills in for the late Chris Farley as the fat schmuck who is only good at slapstick and nothing else. And then there is Rob Schnider who is **** at any movie he does. Also the wives can also act so much better, Mya Rudolph was in Bridesmaids for **** sakes! watch this movie once then scratch the disc so deep that it can't be fixed. If want to watch a real Adam Sandler Movie, Go watch the Wedding Singer, if you wanna see Chris Rock do his thing, watch Dogma. As for the other three guys, don't bother. Expand
  23. Jan 12, 2012
    Put together a list of overused cliches, a book filled with bad jokes and a story that lacks any real purpose and you've basically got yourself this movie.
  24. Dec 30, 2011
    Lazy, ignorant and far from funny. It assembles a cast that is supposed to be hilarious but fails to even make me laugh once. I give this movie 19%. Yeah it is that bad.
  25. Dec 14, 2011
    Grown Ups is a bad movie, the story was lame and the 'comedy' was far too cheap and unfunny. Shame on Adam Sandler for assembling such a fantastic cast and letting their talent go to waste. Avoid this movie at all costs.
  26. Sep 28, 2011
    This movie failed to keep it funny given the fact it had some really funny people (Rob Snieder, Kevin James). I was extremely disappointed and didn't want to continue after the first hour. More of a family movie but with the adult jokes included here I don't know what this is.
  27. Aug 28, 2011
    Grown Ups is as awful as any comedy could conceivably be, and then doubly awful once you realize that five comedians cannot generate one funny line or gag, and that there is, in fact, no story or resemblance of any kind of plot, but a string of unfunny notes.
  28. Jun 17, 2011
    This movie is absolute garbage. Not funny in the slightest. The writing is horrible, and the "acting" even worse. The entire movie consists of a bunch of washed up 90's actors trying to be funny. The problem is, they aren't funny and never were. I honestly did not laugh a single time during this movie. This was a complete and utter failure.
  29. May 29, 2011
    Average movie, I wasn't expecting much from it but exceeded my expectations. The jokes are decents for kids. The story is weak and could have been more explored. What saves are the messages that are passed during the movie, but even so it's all very cliche.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Smug and lazy comedy that barely raises a chuckle.
    While Sandler has never trafficked in epigrammatic wit, there's a difference between, say, Billy Madison's "Of course I peed my pants--everyone my age pees their pants" or "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry's" shakedown of hetero squeamishness, and this lazy stuff--the difference between smart-dumb and plain-dumb.
  3. For a while, the movie looks like "Couples Retreat" or a Tyler Perry house party, only instead of cookie-cutter conflicts, everyone just grows happier and more relaxed.