6.0

1. May 10, 2011
    This movie is alright, I think that either:Halloween II- Halloween 6 or Halloween:Resurrection are the best. This one could be a lot better. I don't hate it or anything, it just could have been a lot better.
  2. GilbertMulroneycakes:TheFinalChapter
    Nov 1, 2003
    Well, if you're going to see a Halloween sequel, make it this one or H20. But why you would want to see either when the first one's still around I don't know.
  3. Oct 5, 2010
    Although the whole idea of Michael Myers is getting tedious at this point, there is no denying this film is well-made. For having a "4" tacked on the end of it, it's really not bad. It maintains a foreboding and ominous mood throughout, and does a good job at convincing you of the time of year (moody lighting, foggy streets etc.). Another thing it has going for it is a pretty creepyAlthough the whole idea of Michael Myers is getting tedious at this point, there is no denying this film is well-made. For having a "4" tacked on the end of it, it's really not bad. It maintains a foreboding and ominous mood throughout, and does a good job at convincing you of the time of year (moody lighting, foggy streets etc.). Another thing it has going for it is a pretty creepy ending. The atmosphere alone makes it a good halloween-time rental, but it's all been done before. Expand
  4. Dec 22, 2011
    Acting was ok but the kills were pretty generic and I expected better. Also i find it really hard to believe that a full grown man couldnt outrace a little girl. I love Halloween but my god, Its just so stupid at times.
  5. Oct 31, 2013
    Entertaining at parts, Sort of dumb in others. Doesn't have the same feel that the previous Halloween films had, Comes off as a generic horror film but with Michael Myers in it. Not a terrible movie but I expected better.
  6. Jan 11, 2014
    I thought it was ludicrous to create a sequel of the original two featuring the daughter of Jamie Lee Curtis' character. This was not badly filmed, but overall was not a great plot and seemed like a typical 80s slasher.
  7. Nov 4, 2014
    This is one of the better Halloween movies. It isn't perfect, but I really like it. The only real complaint I have is that Michael Myers is all bulky like a football player and his mask looks really cheap.

1. Reviewed by: Caryn James
    In this film, suspense and psychological horror have given way to superhuman strength and resilience...The one effectively handled scene is the last, which promises a sequel with a feminist twist.
    The final minute of Halloween 4 remains as unsettling today as it was during its 1988 theatrical run. The real reason to see this movie is not for the predictable build-up, but for the cliffhanger provided by director Dwight H. Little and screenwriter Alan B. McElroy.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    The best of the sequels to Carpenter's seminal slasher movie...Directed with flair by Little, who does not blatantly ape Carpenter's style, the movie delivers a number of effective chills without relying too heavily on the kinds of tired tricks and bloody gore that have made this genre a boring cliche.