6.0

1. Dec 8, 2012
    Is it as good as the first one? No. Is that a fair statement? No. Halloween II did its fair share to distance the franchise from its brilliant roots, and with no Carpenter on board, H4 didn't stand a chance to fully right the ship. That said, it got plenty of things right; this is probably the best of the many, many sequels in the series. Can't say I was crazy about Michael's mask in thisIs it as good as the first one? No. Is that a fair statement? No. Halloween II did its fair share to distance the franchise from its brilliant roots, and with no Carpenter on board, H4 didn't stand a chance to fully right the ship. That said, it got plenty of things right; this is probably the best of the many, many sequels in the series. Can't say I was crazy about Michael's mask in this one, and the opening murder scene is too much of a stretch, even for this kind of movie. On the plus side, the atmosphere and viewer psychology of the first movie are back; the traumatized town in a blackout makes an awesome setting, and there is a better balance of scare scenes versus down time, which tricks you into letting your guard down in time for big moments. And even though I was never that crazy about the ending, it is undoubtedly a clever attempt at bringing the franchise full circle. Of all the different canons of Halloween out there, the I-II-4 trilogy is the best, as long as you pretend that 5 and 6 never happened. Expand
  2. AmandaD.
    Apr 7, 2004
    George P. Wilbur was the greatest out of the whole movie. i loved his role as the serial killer Michael Myers. I am a true Michael Myers fan. Great job!
  3. Nov 6, 2010
    this is way better than Halloweens 1 and 2.
  4. ScottN
    Jun 7, 2009
    A nice effort, especially considering it is part 4 of a horror series. One of the best of the sequels, however I would rate it 4th in line behind the original, part 2, and H20. A definite WTF ending (which I thought was pretty corny in all honesty), but for the most part pretty well executed. It did seem to lack some sort of intensity present in the earlier sequels however. Definitley A nice effort, especially considering it is part 4 of a horror series. One of the best of the sequels, however I would rate it 4th in line behind the original, part 2, and H20. A definite WTF ending (which I thought was pretty corny in all honesty), but for the most part pretty well executed. It did seem to lack some sort of intensity present in the earlier sequels however. Definitley seems to be a pretty well received sequel judging by the other comments, and I too would recommend it. Expand
  5. christians
    Aug 8, 2009
    A pretty good and enjoyable sequel. even if it's a little campy at points, Halloween 4 is at least a major improvement over it's ludicrous predecessor Halloween III: season of the witch.
  6. Dec 30, 2010
    This movie was never going to be as good as the original, but thats expected. However, that doesn't mean that its not a good film. It was good for a fourth installment. The story has shifted from Lori Strode and that added new elements to the film. Loomis is back and is doing a good job as always. Overall, it was a good effort and is one of my favorite slasher film sequels.
  7. Mar 11, 2012
    My favorite "Halloween" movie. I think it was very creative and twisted and just beautiful. I loved it very much! The actors and actresses were great, especially Donald Pleasence and Danielle Harris. Check it out.
  8. Sep 20, 2013
    "Halloween 4" stands with the original "Halloween" on my list of favorite Halloween movies. The storyline to this film was fantastic. The acting was brilliant. Too bad that we didn't hear much from Ellie Cornell after this movie and Halloween 5, but she is a fantastic actress. Danielle Harris's portrayal of Jamie Lloyd, Laurie Strode's 9 year old daughter is what makes this movie my"Halloween 4" stands with the original "Halloween" on my list of favorite Halloween movies. The storyline to this film was fantastic. The acting was brilliant. Too bad that we didn't hear much from Ellie Cornell after this movie and Halloween 5, but she is a fantastic actress. Danielle Harris's portrayal of Jamie Lloyd, Laurie Strode's 9 year old daughter is what makes this movie my favorite. Brilliant actress. And of course, Donald Pleasence never ever disappoints. Expand
  9. Oct 30, 2014
    after the halloween 3 which was a confusing film , which i did not understand why they made a trilogy with out Micheal Myers , Now halloween 4 returns an shoves it in are faces which actually makes us feel better and we can forget about halloween 3. the story didn't piss me off its actually a character of Laurie Strode's daughter in the film which was actually shocking but she have doneafter the halloween 3 which was a confusing film , which i did not understand why they made a trilogy with out Micheal Myers , Now halloween 4 returns an shoves it in are faces which actually makes us feel better and we can forget about halloween 3. the story didn't piss me off its actually a character of Laurie Strode's daughter in the film which was actually shocking but she have done better ? ..... YES. But its still well same its deals with rage , sex killing scene which sucks and dumb Myers resurrecting. Grade A Expand

1. Reviewed by: Caryn James
    In this film, suspense and psychological horror have given way to superhuman strength and resilience...The one effectively handled scene is the last, which promises a sequel with a feminist twist.
    The final minute of Halloween 4 remains as unsettling today as it was during its 1988 theatrical run. The real reason to see this movie is not for the predictable build-up, but for the cliffhanger provided by director Dwight H. Little and screenwriter Alan B. McElroy.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    The best of the sequels to Carpenter's seminal slasher movie...Directed with flair by Little, who does not blatantly ape Carpenter's style, the movie delivers a number of effective chills without relying too heavily on the kinds of tired tricks and bloody gore that have made this genre a boring cliche.