4.6

1. ChueW.
    Oct 8, 2009
    Disappointing, to say the least. The beginning where she was fighting with Tyra made me laugh a little, but the story is kind of pathetic. I gave it a 5 because its an average. Surprisingly, the music isn't that bad (7) but the movie isn't good (3) If only they came up with something more similar to the TV series (which is so much better).
  2. Effy
    Dec 22, 2009
    Let's be real.. it's Disney, and that' s why I wasn't expecting much -- nothing more than a long-lasting episode with some new people, if you know what I mean. I don't think anyone 9+ can find it very funny, but it's cute.. Miley Cyrus isn't as bad as I thought she'd be to be honest. And that blond guy, not bad.The songs at the beginning were prettyLet's be real.. it's Disney, and that' s why I wasn't expecting much -- nothing more than a long-lasting episode with some new people, if you know what I mean. I don't think anyone 9+ can find it very funny, but it's cute.. Miley Cyrus isn't as bad as I thought she'd be to be honest. And that blond guy, not bad.The songs at the beginning were pretty catchy but the climb, What the fuck!? also hated the last 20minutes of the movie AND that scene with Jackson getting devoured by an alligator...AEHM, even a 5 year old wouldn't buy it. Expand
  3. Jan 2, 2012
    Hannah Montana the Movie just ends up being a crappy episode of the show stretched into almost 2 hrs of a movie. And it features just awful performances especially from Miley Cyrus. I give this movie 23%.
  4. RickiN.
    Feb 2, 2010
    It sucked because of Miley Cyrus was in it btw its only 10 year old kids who like her, anyone over 10 and like her have a damaged brain.
  5. TaylorR
    Nov 17, 2009
    this is the best movie ever made, the cinematography is spectacular, it has excellent spectacle, the plot is easy to follow yet interesting, the characters are realistic and it it makes you feel magical inside your heart. the songs are amazing, nothing tops this movie!
  6. RickyB
    Apr 10, 2009
    Another example of melting. However, it was a great ADVERITISEMENT towards taylor Swift. My 5 year old daughter hated this movie and thats saying something. The best part about this movie is the fact that the whole Hannah montanna garbage will be FINISHED!!! O it was a relief when i saw the end credits roll as well
  7. JohnH
    May 8, 2009
    I loved how this movie was in color. Disney, you've done it again!
  8. kgm
    Apr 14, 2009
    Suspend your disbelief as this limp movie would have you believe that an idyllic town set in some imaginary part of Tennessee in which everyone just seems to love everyone else in that strange, southern hospitality way could actually even exist. Yeah, y
  9. JoeBlow
    Apr 16, 2009
    Do we really need to watch this to find out that it's garbage, just like the whole of MIley Cyrus' career. I mean, come on, folks, do you think that there is even a remote possibility that it would be anything less than absolute horrible s*@t? This will appeal to anyone from ages 1 - 5, beyond that, if you like this, you have serious issues and should seek help.
  10. StuartM
    Apr 25, 2009
    The Worst movie ever. Like everything else Disney it relies more on marketing then actually being good. This is just trash in a pretty package for kids to eat up.
  11. LeanneY
    Jul 29, 2009
    Amazing movie. I think Disney has really done it. It has a great balance of exciting, fun and sad moments. The situation of boys is close to many teens hearts. The songs are also very catchy. Good storyline. Definitely a movie worth watching.
  12. JayH
    Aug 13, 2009
    I will never understand the Hannah Montana craze. The problem is the lack of talent. It's just another way Disney can make a ton of money exploiting youth. Worn out story, riddled with cliche's and just too cute.
  13. SarahL
    Apr 11, 2009
    Best Best Movie Ever Very Funny Very Cute and VERY Good I give it a 10 for the Best Movie In The Worlds. Also Very Romantic For Miley!!!!!!!
  14. MosieL
    Apr 10, 2009
    Three words: Absolutely, positively awful.
  15. EdithT
    Apr 10, 2009
    This movie was really good. I just came back from watching it and I want to go back and see it again. Yes it may be cliche but its really good.
  16. RuffeyZ
    Apr 10, 2009
    It was a fantastic movie. It just satisfies kids. The adults may not like it, but Miley's fans would definitely love it!
  17. bena
    Apr 12, 2009
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Just a money grabbing capitalisim exploitation, and I watch a t least one movie a week.
  18. JennaS
    Apr 14, 2009
    All that was missing from this movie was Disney
  19. harolde
    May 11, 2009
    I didn't even waste 10 dollars on this movie. If it is anything like the series, the police should shut down the thertre because they are toutrering people. Of couse, little girls will love it because its hannah montana. Don't be fooled, don't waste 10 dollars on this!
  20. Sarah
    May 1, 2009
    Loved it. Touching, fun, exciting. I resent the other reviewer's opinion that I need to seek help for liking this movie. Everyone is entitled to options, but it's not necessary to attach others. The movie is refreshing, wholesome fun.
  21. TimH
    May 8, 2009
    I love love LOVE this movie! The part where Hannah is fighting with Oprah is the funniest!
  22. BeccaS
    Aug 23, 2009
    I thought it was a great movie. I am 17 and i enjoyed every minute. The Climb was a song that lots of people can relate to. The cast was good. The boy was very cute..heart-throb!! I am not a avid hannah montana fan but i love watchin the series when it comes on. I know miley may not present a very good image in some places but i haven't really followed that. My mom went with me and I thought it was a great movie. I am 17 and i enjoyed every minute. The Climb was a song that lots of people can relate to. The cast was good. The boy was very cute..heart-throb!! I am not a avid hannah montana fan but i love watchin the series when it comes on. I know miley may not present a very good image in some places but i haven't really followed that. My mom went with me and we saw the movie when it came out in theaters and we both thought it was great. Cute and, though maybe not original, it was a nice spin on a classic story. So i apologize to all the "real" critics and the wanna be's that seem to think that this movie was not worth anything. I LOVED IT!! Expand
  23. ElizaW
    Dec 19, 2009
    I got this movie for my FOURTEENTH birthday. I was never really into Hannah Montana, 'cause the series and songs were considered as 'childish'. I wanted to give it a try, and watched the movie. Well, not even the whole movie. I had to stop halfway, because I was falling asleep, and there wasn't ANY motivation to watch the other half of this crap. Predictable, boring, I got this movie for my FOURTEENTH birthday. I was never really into Hannah Montana, 'cause the series and songs were considered as 'childish'. I wanted to give it a try, and watched the movie. Well, not even the whole movie. I had to stop halfway, because I was falling asleep, and there wasn't ANY motivation to watch the other half of this crap. Predictable, boring, boring, boring, predictable, very very fake, and basically the movie was the whole series-thing repeated, it didn't add anything special. Very sad to watch how Taylor Swift totally crushed Hannah Montana. Still give it a 4, because if you're Hannah Montana fan you'll probably like it. Expand
  24. MatthewL
    Dec 28, 2009
    This could likely be the worst piece of cinema ever. It makes me wonder if everyone with any actual talent at Disney got fired after the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy finished and replaced by screaming little girls.
  25. ChadS
    Apr 11, 2009
    Anna rhymes with Hannah. This is a pertinent fact. Whereas our titular hero(Miley Cyrus) deems a mere farmhand worthy of being her beau; in Roger Michell's "Notting Hill", Anna Scott(Julia Roberts) likewise, falls for an ordinary bloke, a bookshop owner, played by Hugh Grant. In the film's funniest scene, William Thacker fakes his way through a press junket promoting Anna's Anna rhymes with Hannah. This is a pertinent fact. Whereas our titular hero(Miley Cyrus) deems a mere farmhand worthy of being her beau; in Roger Michell's "Notting Hill", Anna Scott(Julia Roberts) likewise, falls for an ordinary bloke, a bookshop owner, played by Hugh Grant. In the film's funniest scene, William Thacker fakes his way through a press junket promoting Anna's latest film by posing as a writer for "Horse and Hound" magazine. Contrary to William's ignorance in equestrianism, Travis(Lucas Till) knows his way around horses. The point being: the presence of horses are duly noted in both films, establishing a connection. "Hannah Montana: The Movie" doesn't really have a funniest scene, but there's one purported-to-be-funny episode that works on a dramatic level, which the film seems wholly unaware of. Wanting to be here and there at the same time, the existentially befuddled pop star compartmentalizes to the hilt, in a scene where she flits back and forth between a formal luncheon with the mayor, and a date with Travis at a nearby diner. Although Cyrus lacks the movie star pizazz to pull off physical comedy, Miley's dogged reluctance to come clean gives her character depth, albeit this depth goes largely unexplored in a film more concerned with marketing than following through with its theme of celebritydom's pitfalls. Miley is flattered that Travis likes her for herself, not her stardom; she's afraid that her alter-ego would disappoint him. In "Notting Hill", Anna tells William, "Rita Haywood used to say, 'They go to bed with Gilda, but they wake up with me.' " The U.K. paparazzi that hounded Anna, hounds Hannah, as well. Expand
  26. anniey
    Apr 12, 2009
    It's a lovely movie about bringing families together and being honest, finding a life you'll be happy living, and it's just so amazing positive. Nowadays, films are dark, depressing, and cast all these doubts into people's minds.. it's refreshing to see a positive, uplifting film that makes people believe in themselves. Life's what you make it.. so you might It's a lovely movie about bringing families together and being honest, finding a life you'll be happy living, and it's just so amazing positive. Nowadays, films are dark, depressing, and cast all these doubts into people's minds.. it's refreshing to see a positive, uplifting film that makes people believe in themselves. Life's what you make it.. so you might as well have fun and be courageous. Don't be so negative people! Be happy! Expand
  27. JennyS
    Apr 14, 2009
    Loved it! Cannot wait to go back and see it again!
  28. McKinley
    Apr 26, 2009
    It was a hilarious movie.
  29. CassandraH
    Jul 21, 2009
    I didn't realized how bonded I was to the Hannah show until the movie came out. Then I realized that my affection the series had grown to big and fell hard when I saw the movie. If there's a time that I wanted a time machine to turn back time, it would be now. I would have walked straight up to Disney and tried to talk them from not making this film - I know, they wouldn't I didn't realized how bonded I was to the Hannah show until the movie came out. Then I realized that my affection the series had grown to big and fell hard when I saw the movie. If there's a time that I wanted a time machine to turn back time, it would be now. I would have walked straight up to Disney and tried to talk them from not making this film - I know, they wouldn't have listened. Or at least I would tried to convince them to make the movie better To be said, I enjoyed the flick, but yet I'm dissapointed. What dissapointed me most was the third act, who was much sappier than I thought it would be. In the last 20 minutes there are no highlights or comedic pauses to light the mood up. And please, how can people like the crappy "The Climb"? Otherwise, I enjoyed the movie until the highly dissapointing third part. There were lot of fun moments, good cinematography, catchy fun and great dialog. Still, after the movie came out, my affection for "Hannah Montana" hasn't been the same. Expand
  30. Apr 11, 2011
    At first when I heard about this movie, i thought it was going to be horrible and I never did see it in theaters, but like maybe about 3 months after it came out on dvd, i decided to give it a try. I thought it was okay, it wasn't horrible, but wasn't that good. I thought the songs were great, the humor was okay. But something about the movie really irked me.
  31. Aug 23, 2011
    Although HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE is mostly awful, especially compared to the fairly decent "Disney Channel Original Series" of its basis, but it's sad to say that this is one of Miley Cyrus's best films yet.
  32. Sep 2, 2012
    It brought so much tear for me.Love the movie,love their acting and how they grow up,this is a really good movie,great music.You can learn the importance of family .Love it
  33. Mar 19, 2013
    Let me be real Ima 16 year old guy and I took my little cousin William, friend Scott and my girlfriend came with her little sister Sarah and older sister Natasha we are in the range of 16, 16, 7, 9, 17 and 16 and to be honest we enjoyed it, while nothing special entertaining it was. The idea of superstar going back home to get back in touch with her roots (Something Lindsy Lohan should do)Let me be real Ima 16 year old guy and I took my little cousin William, friend Scott and my girlfriend came with her little sister Sarah and older sister Natasha we are in the range of 16, 16, 7, 9, 17 and 16 and to be honest we enjoyed it, while nothing special entertaining it was. The idea of superstar going back home to get back in touch with her roots (Something Lindsy Lohan should do) was refreshing and good. Hannah Montana oh good even I liked the finale two seasons of the show. and about 8 songs entirly. This is good Miley Cyrus can act, sing she has a weak voice and pitchy one. But come on I found nothing really bad to say with the movie a good family movie. This is coming from a guy, everyone even guys just watch it, you might actually like the movie (You might not enjoy ever song or even one but). Let's Get Crazy, Let's Do This, You'll Always, Game Over, What's Not to Like, Spotlight, Dream, Don't Walk Away were pretty decent songs to hear, not gonna be on my iPod but might keep a couple on my compute. The Climb. Expand
  34. Apr 4, 2015
    This movie is just fulled with cliche's the daddy/daughter bond, te teenage attitude. Apparently Cyrus is just unlike able, in the most annoying way as possible an order to make a "girl movie". She cannot so .......why like this movie?
  35. Aug 29, 2014
    That's has a good story, but i think it's very exclusive.. It's more directed at women kids, and the channel is watched for all the geners! And i think this actress Miley Cyrus bad, she's like... no reaction.. soft.. She's really better singing then acting!

1. There are sufficient pratfalls and Miley/Hannah quick-changes to satisfy the fans, while Cyrus retains that natural, unforced likability that made her a star in the first place.
  2. Reviewed by: Lael Loewenstein
    A goofily endearing romp that might even lasso a few new fans.
    It's almost foolish to review Hannah Montana: The Movie as anything other than the latest cog in a cultural phenomenon/mass-marketing juggernaut. The film itself certainly doesn't aspire to anything more.