5.7

1. Jan 28, 2013
    It's almost charming, it's almost funny, and the action is almost exciting. Nothing flows, the writing is poor and it's essentially brain-dead fare. A waste of a handful of pretty solid actors - and it's no wonder that Paramount and MGM chose to share this risk of this sucker. It's too bad that McKay & Ferrell didn't get more involved in the making of this film - it could have used some punching up. Expand
  2. Jan 25, 2013
    Why Jeremy? Why!? First Bourne Legacy and now this piece of crap. You're Better than that!
  3. Jan 29, 2013
    Really bad movie. Loud, flashy but lacks substance. Really no way to enjoy it if you weren't a fan of the cast. Totally wouldn't reconment watching it.
  4. Jan 28, 2013
    No matter how low or high they may be, we all have expectations each time we go see a movie. We are satisfied if they are met and pleasantly surprised if they are exceeded. But when expectations are not met, we become disappointed and sometimes borderline pissed off, and that is how I felt after seeing Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. My mindset going in was to not expect too much, but it could at least be fun and somewhat entertaining. Well I was wrong. The ridiculous story should already be known before you walk in to the theatre. Yet no one could have known how empty Hansel & Gretel is with the lack of suspense, intelligence, and overall interest in what is going on. I cannot even tell you how bad I feel for those who spent even more money to see it in 3D. It almost brings a tear to my eye.

The story of Hansel and Gretel is well-known by most people. A brother and sister are abandoned in the woods and left all alone until they encounter a house made out of candy. Who wouldn
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    I thing I hated this movie because it holds the idea of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D, which is so unbelievably Stupid this one differs nothing except that the thing made me change the ZERO into THREE..That the actors fit right in, they rocked! The movie SUCKED!
  6. Feb 3, 2013
    The idea of having a movie made in this day and age about a classic fairytale is just not a good idea. I am pretty sick of movies like this, I understand it may be fun, but is it forgettable? In my opinion yes.
  7. Feb 6, 2013
    hansle and gretle are horrible witch hunters only garfiled can be a witch hunter 0/10000 DONT BOTHER WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    I don't like Renner. His acting is always awful. This film is very predictable, I can always tell what will happen next. Too much blood and gore, leave those kind of things to Tarantino.
  9. Jun 4, 2013
    "A Timeless classic gets well..butchered. The idea for Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters is somewhat mildly clever and does it best, its just boring, childish and well dumb. It was an idea that probably sounded good on paper, it should have stayed that way." D-
  10. Jan 28, 2013
    Yes, Jeremy Renner can make crappy movie too. But if you come because Gemma Artenton's cleavage, as in the poster suggests, the movie will keep you quite entertained. The most notable flaw is the uncertain direction it's supposed to take, frankly it's hinged between tasteless horror action or misguided parody, like a broom between a witch's crack, neither is done that well. Also, the concept of gritty version of fairy tale characters as mercenaries is a blatant excuse of luring audiences hooked on fantasy theme, but ultimately ends up delivering little to none pleasure, even the guilty one. Okay, maybe the guilty one.

Hansel and Gretel are big kids now, traumatized and vengeful towards witches
  11. Jul 8, 2013
    Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters was actually worse than I thought it would be going in, and that's saying something considering that I didn't have high hopes for the film. I at least expected it to have a more interesting story. The acting was decent and Gemma Arterton is absolutely breathtaking but almost everything else about the movie was sub par. The plot, while it developed fairly well, was far too predictable, the dialogue was a mess, the gore factor felt overdone, and the action sequences were borderline laughable. The movie is pretty short and is entertaining enough, I suppose, to keep you from tuning out but just barely. Collapse
  12. May 28, 2013
    Honestly, It's just a very stupid movie that is well deserving of it's low Metacritic score. I am honestly shocked that the film has gotten a single positive review. Proves how reliable your taste in films are when you give this piece of trash a good review.
  13. May 5, 2013
    The movie is more disgusting, foul and harder to look at then a piece of crap. Its so bad that the stupidity becomes hilarious after awhile. 20 minutes into the film I didn't care and frankly didn't know what the hell was going on.
  14. Jun 28, 2013
    This was one of the best bad movies that I've seen lately--and that's saying something. Witch Hunters was more entertaining than I expected, given the high level of cheese. Good hangover flick: the less thinking, the better.
  15. Feb 5, 2013
    If there’s a children’s story that should never be a children’s story, it’s probably Hansel Gretel. Taken away from their family and tortured by a witch in her candy-coated house, the two kids face an almost certain death but manage to work together to burn the witch alive. Now, that may not sound like the best kid’s book, but it definitely sounds like it could work as an R-rated horror comedy, especially one from Tommy Wirkola, the guy behind Nazi zombies in Dead Snow. Throw in people like Peter Stormare who love to ham it up in their roles, an action star like Jeremy Renner, Prince of Persia’s Gemma Arterton, and you’d think there would be no doubt this film would be tons of stupid fun. Well, instead of watching the two kids raise some hell on a group of witches, I felt like Hansel: being stuffed with pointless eye-candy until I could break free and burn this train-wreck of a film from my memory. Read the rest of the review at http://independentcinema.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/hansel-and-gretel-witch-hunters-is-a-mindless-action-comedy-without-the-fun-that-entails/ Expand
  16. Dec 31, 2013
    Um dos piores filmes do ano, a história, os efeitos visuais e seus personagens são irritantes, ainda nem sei o motivo que me fez assistir essa bomba do cinema.
  17. Jan 26, 2013
    My eyes! My eyes! Oh the humanity! I'll never be able to unsee the horror I've just been witness to. Yes some people in the theater enjoyed the movie, but they also wear helmets in public and are otherwise mouthbreathers. I'm not sure what Hollywood was shooting for with this movie, I just wonder if they are happy with this effort. Sometimes I wish they would just admit defeat and not release a movie like this. I won't bother to itemize the flaws of the film as well...everything was bad. Expand
  18. May 17, 2013
    excise and unnecessary use of foul language that subtracts from the presentation
    obscene amount of blood violence and gore
    terrible story line
    the whole movie is a chain of boring CGI action scenes

with that said I like violence and strong language when it is used properly and not put into every line for reasons unknown like in this picture
  19. Mar 5, 2013
    The worst movie I´ve ever seen, characters with no soul, this film is an insult for the original Tale, When I saw the promo I thought are you serious? Guns and shotguns? since the first time I knew this was going to be crap, even the witches are boring and dull they cant even scare a kitten
  20. Jun 11, 2013
    The story is pretty bad, but the visuals led by the makeup and costumes barely keep it out of the red. Overall you don't really need to waste your time with this film.
  21. Mar 24, 2013
    This is what i hate about the begin of a new year in film, hollywood comes up with these idiotic rip-offs. I have had enough with all these ridiculous fairy tale/horror rip-offs like "Jack the Giant Slayer" and "Texas Chainshaw 3D". It's just another useless, terrible popcorn movie.
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    Nothing special, just a clear example of the lack of originality and a great way to ruin a classic story. This movie offers you approximately 90 minutes of intense violence without sense. I waste my money.
  23. Jul 5, 2013
    i watched this movie with my fiends and was really disappointed ...its got a poor script and doesn't really make sense at all..
    They've got EXTREMELY powerful modern weapons,but no electricity!!!!
  24. Jul 12, 2013
    fun movie

thanks to FX 'cause the scenario is likes crap
    I did not like it at all, hopefully I did not pay for it
    after 10 minutes you understand how the movie ending
  25. Jan 17, 2014
    This movie is a guilty pleasure to me, that's why it isn't rated lower, but sadly Jeremy Renner is wasted once again, the witches look awful, and the acting is even worse, still you might wanna check it out if you're drunk.
  26. Jan 25, 2014
    This movie was alright. I feel it could have been made a little more intriguing than what it was. The acting was good, but there wasn't as much action as I had initially intended. Not only that, but I felt that the movie dragged on. So would i recommend it? Most likely not, but if you got nothing to do, sit down and watch it, you might enjoy it.
  27. Mar 2, 2014
    It was okay I was actually quite disappointed when I saw it the first time because I was really expecting more from this. It just simply didn't live up to my standards.
  28. Apr 10, 2014
    “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” is yet another failed attempt to convert a child’s tale into an adult-oriented action movie. Following in the footsteps of such films as “Red Riding Hood” and “Snow White and the Huntsman,” the movie completely misses the mark.
    Filled with modern humor and lingo, “Hansel & Gretel” completely breaks the illusion of taking place in what the environment
    suggests is the Middle Ages. If this wasn’t enough, the two are fully equipment with a high-tech, witch-hunting arsenal (including, of course, a Gatling gun).
    Overall, I would rate the movie as a low F.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 2, 2013
    This movie is a case in point. It's a film which is so demeaningly bad, so utterly without merit, that there is a kind of purity in its awfulness. There is a Zen mastery in producing a film which nullifies the concept of pleasure.
  2. Reviewed by: Josh Winning
    Feb 9, 2013
    Though it gives good splat and the scenery’s to die for, Hansel & Gretel gets just about everything wrong. Hammy, boring, chronically unfunny - there’ll be nightmares before bedtime.
  3. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Jan 30, 2013
    In his English-language debut, Wirkola dabbles in everything but commits to nothing, making for an unmemorable brew best left untasted.