Miramax Films | Release Date: October 10, 2008
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 251 Ratings
WATCH NOW
HabsburgNov 24, 2008
Bland film, about a bland main character, played slightly better than bland by Sally Hawkins. I wanted my $10 and 2 hours back at films none to soon end.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
WillN.Nov 30, 2008
Inane and boring. Pointless and tiring.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
NoraK.Oct 15, 2008
Ok not great, Poppy is annoying. Would not watch again.
BillyS.Nov 22, 2008
I don't get it. Maybe the humor was over my head because there was no hilarity here. A couple chuckles was the most i could muster. Sally Hawkins was hardly the new face of comedy that I read about, I mean, come on, an Oscar Nomination? I don't get it. Maybe the humor was over my head because there was no hilarity here. A couple chuckles was the most i could muster. Sally Hawkins was hardly the new face of comedy that I read about, I mean, come on, an Oscar Nomination? She seemed to be doing a Tracy Ullman impersonations the whole movie and a poor one at that. Happy Go Lucky is the most over-rated movie I've seen this year. Expand
WilliamRNov 24, 2008
Some laugh out louds for sure, but she is so annoying we wanted to walk out not sure what all those great reviews are about (and I love Mike Leigh movies!)
JayH.Mar 4, 2009
It's a sweet story with well developed characters and fine writing, but I sure don't know what all the fuss is about. Sally Hawkins is good but I found her performance to be nothing extraordinary. Cute story, not much more.
bram29Feb 2, 2013
the main reason i find this movie inadequate is the same reason it got made in the first place. because the main character is always optimistic. i find that in most of those cases, it makes her naive and shallow. and it's trying to prove thethe main reason i find this movie inadequate is the same reason it got made in the first place. because the main character is always optimistic. i find that in most of those cases, it makes her naive and shallow. and it's trying to prove the point that constant cheeriness is a positive factor. all the rest in the movie is adequate. i find the driving instructor to be a very competent character, even though the movie tried to paint him as the character we're supposed to frown at. but i guess it gets a 5 because i have some sort of inner hatred against giggling women. Expand