7.0

1. Oct 6, 2010
    I never thought I'd see the day that a Harry Potter movies disappoints me. Unfortunately, that happened with Half-Blood Prince, the only Harry Potter movie I dislike. I understand that there will be changes from the book, but my God, it's like they completely changed the story!
  2. Nov 25, 2010
    The movie is totally unbearable. The acting is poor and unnatural (how old are the characters supposed to be???), the plot is awfully idiotic. Frankly speaking, I watched the second half in double-speed, because I didn't want to waste too much time on this crap (I could turn it off, of course, but I had Hope that the ending would be great; it wasn't). The book is great, though. I'm tryingThe movie is totally unbearable. The acting is poor and unnatural (how old are the characters supposed to be???), the plot is awfully idiotic. Frankly speaking, I watched the second half in double-speed, because I didn't want to waste too much time on this crap (I could turn it off, of course, but I had Hope that the ending would be great; it wasn't). The book is great, though. I'm trying to forget this movie poison. Expand
  3. CRL
    Jul 27, 2011
    This is without a doubt the worst movie of the Harry Potter series. It took a book that was extremely thin to begin with and chopped half of it cleanly away, ending up with a montage of broken scenes where months pass in a second and a single day takes an hour. Sometimes it tries to be an action film, sometimes it tries to be a comedy, sometimes it tries to be a suspense thriller. InThis is without a doubt the worst movie of the Harry Potter series. It took a book that was extremely thin to begin with and chopped half of it cleanly away, ending up with a montage of broken scenes where months pass in a second and a single day takes an hour. Sometimes it tries to be an action film, sometimes it tries to be a comedy, sometimes it tries to be a suspense thriller. In the end, it's just a mismatched rehash of what David Yates saw as the most important scenes from the source material. Expand
  4. May 4, 2012
    I found this film boring for almost all of it. I really just did not like this one for some reason. It was just never for me. But you guys might like it but I don't. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 3.9/10
  5. Jun 10, 2014
    In my opinion, the worst movie of the Harry Potter saga...

In my opinion, the worst movie of the Harry Potter saga...

Why? Because everything is just filler for the next movie, things do happen in this movie however; the story advances, the characters are memorable, the production value is on the money and the stakes are high... but for more then half of the movie nothing happens, you might has well be looking at a wall, it pretty much turns around all the other points I mentioned before until the final act where the movie gather strength but not enough to make it something worth your while.

The movie's saving grace is it's production value, I can appreciate the work and effort putted into the development of this picture; actors, director, etc... but only in the final act things finally move along.

1. David Yates, in his go at the helm, throws the emphasis on the gathering storm clouds even as Harry and his fellow wizardry students make further discoveries involving the opposite sex.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Dazzlingly well made and perhaps deliberately less fanciful than the previous entries, this one is played in a mode closer to palpable life-or-death drama than any of the others and is quite effective as such.
  3. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    We're marking time before the final battle between Good and Evil, with the promised darkness sitting somewhat clumsily with teen romance and humour.