8.1

1. Aug 5, 2014
    This graphic slasher flick brings a lot of campy acting from It's cast and a strange creation from It's director, Hatchet just manages to make it as a decent horror film.
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    This film is charming and something new in horror movies, is not the same like others movies. Is scary with a strong plot and excellent performances in this film.
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    Honestly, I thought it would be scarier, but unlike any slasher films, Hatchet delivers a funny creepy time, with great gore, and interesting story, although the characters make stupid decisions sometimes, and the movie doesn't takes it self seriously, it is still good and powerful!
  4. Oct 24, 2012
    A solid cast featuring serveral noticeable B list actors. It's doubtful you will know their names but you will know their faces. A rather generic plot (exactly like Friday the 13th but set in a swamp). Add in very noticeably fake and over the top kills and you have yourself a suprisingly decent horror movie. At first glance it looks like a terrible straight to dvd horror movie but whatA solid cast featuring serveral noticeable B list actors. It's doubtful you will know their names but you will know their faces. A rather generic plot (exactly like Friday the 13th but set in a swamp). Add in very noticeably fake and over the top kills and you have yourself a suprisingly decent horror movie. At first glance it looks like a terrible straight to dvd horror movie but what makes Hatchet so interesting is the fact that it's an almost perfect throwback/tribute to 80s slasher films, something many horror fans miss in current horror films. I suprisingly liked Hatchet more then I thought I would, not much more because the whole throwback to 80s horror gets stale after a while, but it was still decent enough to sit through. Expand
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    The campiest movie you will ever see. This is not necessarily a bad thing, a few of the over the top kills were some of the best i've seen in a movie. The acting and the story both equally suck a whole lot but there are constantly funny moments. I give it more credit for the way it ended and that the black guy didn't die first.
  6. Jan 8, 2012
    While obviously suffering from its low budget, Hatchet is a watchable, but flawed horror film. The pacing is quite dreadful, taking about 40 minutes for the first kill, but once it starts, it never really lets up. There's gore, boobs, jump-scares and an intimidating villain -- everything that should make it an instant hit -- but it falls flat with its by-the-book story and generallyWhile obviously suffering from its low budget, Hatchet is a watchable, but flawed horror film. The pacing is quite dreadful, taking about 40 minutes for the first kill, but once it starts, it never really lets up. There's gore, boobs, jump-scares and an intimidating villain -- everything that should make it an instant hit -- but it falls flat with its by-the-book story and generally abysmal acting. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2011
    The first and most important thing you need to know about this movie is it is incredibly stupid. However, the movie knows it and make fun of it's self. If you are a big gory horror movie fan then you might enjoy this one. There are some humorous deaths and a whole lot of gore. There are a whole bunch of problems with this movie two though. The acting is pretty weak through much of theThe first and most important thing you need to know about this movie is it is incredibly stupid. However, the movie knows it and make fun of it's self. If you are a big gory horror movie fan then you might enjoy this one. There are some humorous deaths and a whole lot of gore. There are a whole bunch of problems with this movie two though. The acting is pretty weak through much of the movie, and the whole story and plot are kind of stupid. Overall if you enjoy bad horror movies and good gore then this movie is for you. Expand
  8. Michael
    Feb 7, 2008
    extremely entertaining. unlike every horror movie thats come out lately (Saw, Hostel, The Eye, ect.) this movie isn't depressing and dark. Its all just gory over the top fun.
  9. TommyN.
    Dec 18, 2007
    Old school films suck!
  10. JustinL.
    Sep 16, 2007
    I have to fully agree with AJ's comment. I went to see this with my roommate who tends to be pretty critical in general... and even he got that this movie is a throw back to old school (late 70's early 80's) slasher movies. One of the characters was in One Crazy Summer (with John Candy) and another was in a lot of sci fi and tv related projects. Point being... the whole I have to fully agree with AJ's comment. I went to see this with my roommate who tends to be pretty critical in general... and even he got that this movie is a throw back to old school (late 70's early 80's) slasher movies. One of the characters was in One Crazy Summer (with John Candy) and another was in a lot of sci fi and tv related projects. Point being... the whole feel and flow of this movie definitely followed along the lines of the classics, from the bad jokes to the gory murders. Expand
  11. BillyZ.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Wow! Funny as hell, not very 'dark', and I think I jumped outta my seat about 10 times. Such a HUGE relief from the gore-dependent movies of late (Saw, High tension, etc...). It's funny, retro, scary, and even a little sad awww.
  12. A.J.M.
    Sep 9, 2007
    If you're an old school slasher fan, this is the flick for you. Gory, hilarious, and an all-around good time. Horror enthusiasts will get something they've been waiting to see on the big screen for a long, LONG, time. Go see it!

This horror comedy is loaded with decapitations, bodies torn in two and spewing blood, and yet, unlike the grim, torture-filled gore-fests of late, Hatchet’s mayhem is so giddily over-the-top that you end up applauding the low-budget aplomb of it all.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Schueller
    This is not a film intended for a wide audience. But B-movie fans who find their way to Adam Green's gory schlock extravaganza are going to like it.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Ordona
    Even after appropriately lowering expectations, it's kind to call this one a cut below.