6.8

1. Dec 26, 2011
    It ain't sensational, but "Hoodwinked!" is one wacky helluva interpretation of lil' Red Riding Hood and the gang.
  2. Dec 23, 2011
    It's smart, with wit, a whole lot of humor, heart, mystery, and great action. I think critics should give it more credit even if it doesn't hit the levels of Shrek which failed after two movies. I give this movie 78%.
  3. Jul 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All in all, this movie was nothing special. There were a couple funny parts in it, but the thing that dragged it down the most is the animation itself. It is so rough it distracts you from the movie itself. For example, when Red was in the cable car filled with dynamite and she got herself loose, there was a moment when she turned around to face the camera. It looked super cheesy. It was almost as if she was on a moving pedestal that rotated her around in a glitchy mess instead of her moving her feet. Expand
  4. May 26, 2014
    You can do much better when it comes to animated movies than Hoodwinked, but this Disney-esque kid movie goes beyond the normal formula to produce a more original film than most, and has some great actors and actresses to voice the characters.
  5. Oct 22, 2010
    this is definitely an awesome CGI hit.
  6. Apr 19, 2011
    A Great Childrens Movie For All Ages!!
  7. May 6, 2011
    wow this is funny i love this movie i could watch this a million times
  8. CRL
    Aug 27, 2011
    Wow... some people take life way too seriously. This movie had great voice acting and every scene was hilarious with its 'behind-the-scenes' look at Red Riding Hood. So many great lines, so many funny characters, and a little twist at the end that will leave you shaking your head and saying 'I should have seen that coming...'
  9. Aug 18, 2011
    Cheesy? Yes. But good, lighthearted fun. I watched this the other night with my kids and found myself laughing much more than I expected. When searching for info about the sequel I found a game on the App Store called Red's Escape that's based off of this series, and both me and my offspring have been enjoying playing it on the iPad.
  10. Nov 27, 2011
    Hoodwinked is underated. Despite a few plot holes, there is a lot of charm from this film. It has some of the same ideas as Shrek but executes them in a different way. The jokes are funny as well.
  11. Feb 13, 2012
    alright, this film has some good bits and some bad bits, it has funny bits and rubbish bits, one thing that is really bad about it is the animation. basically, every bit with red in isn't good, every bit with the wolf and other characters is good, it's mixed, yellow.
  12. Sep 6, 2012
    It's not nearly as bad as Eragon, but I could make this in Windows Movie Maker in five minutes.
    The acting isn't all that great, it was very poorly written (the funniest joke in the entire film was a small fast talking rodents speech being made intelligible by slowing its speech down after recording it, not all that funny,) it took to many risks that it didn't know how to deal with
    (making the granny a extreme sports fanatic,) the visuals where worse than a first year CGI student trying to use Flash to make Avatar and could easily be made in five minutes in pretty much given CGI program and it was overall just unfunny and unappealing to me. Expand
  13. Jan 12, 2013
    Very entertaining. You will be surprised.
  14. Jul 15, 2013
    Original idea de la clásica caperucita roja tierna y poco objetiva una nueva idea que se logra desarrollar eficasmente, y de una forma nueva e interesante
  15. Oct 10, 2014
    Deu a Louca na Chapeuzinho é uma animação marcante, com vários pontos excelentes. Ele é outro filme que marcou minha infância, porque ele é muito divertido.

1. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    With its chatty, overstuffed patter, Hoodwinked strains at the seams to look with it, like one of those dressed-alike Beverly Hills mother-daughter combos. Having said all that, the songs (yes, there are songs, too), mostly written by Todd Edwards, provide an unexpected bright spot.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Little Red Riding Hood gets a cheeky CGI makeover in Hoodwinked!, a fast-paced, fitfully clever 3-D-animated feature that will entertain tykes.
  3. Hoodwinked occupies some considerably shaky turf situated uncomfortably between "Shrek" and dreck.