6.6

1. Nov 14, 2012
    In the words of my daughter after seeing this film, "Dad, I'm 8 not stupid." Maybe someday Hollywood will realize that not all cartoons are cute or funny. Just because you animate something doesn't make it good. We left half way through the movie and went for a bike ride.
  2. Oct 10, 2012
    Unfunny and unimaginative, and this from Tartakovsky(Powderpuff Girls, Dexters Labrotory) and Smigel(SNL's TV Funhouse, and Triumph the insult dog). After 3 days had gone by since watching this, I asked my kids what they thought. "Ok" was the best it got. We all agreed the human character played by Adam Samberg was annoying to the extreme. In fact, the entire audience was rather quietUnfunny and unimaginative, and this from Tartakovsky(Powderpuff Girls, Dexters Labrotory) and Smigel(SNL's TV Funhouse, and Triumph the insult dog). After 3 days had gone by since watching this, I asked my kids what they thought. "Ok" was the best it got. We all agreed the human character played by Adam Samberg was annoying to the extreme. In fact, the entire audience was rather quiet throughout. If you want a Halloween-themed animation to watch, seek out ParaNorman, thats the reel deal! Collapse
  3. Jan 31, 2013
    The best thing about this movie is seeing certain characters as bats (which happens rarely) and probably Sandler's voice performance. The beginning starts off somewhat interesting, but then you get to the luke warm middle, wondering when it will pick up, but it never does. The only thing that saves the ending is the fact that you see a bat for a good few minutes. (They look cute)
  4. Jul 11, 2013
    Movie had potential, but had way too many corny jokes, and the soundtrack was awful. Plus, the "adult and their misunderstood teen" storyline has been done to death. Honestly probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 12, 2012
    Comedy gothic isn't exactly novel, and frankly there is a sense here of a movie coasting along on Halloween hype-marketing, without providing as many laughs and ideas as it really could have done.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Oct 8, 2012
    An animation that never drags itself out of mediocrity despite the best efforts of gifted animator Tartakovsky.
  3. Reviewed by: Paul Bradshaw
    Oct 1, 2012
    Despite the all-star talent, an overload of sight gags and an always-amiable vibe, Genndy Tartakovsky's monster house is a bit too loony for its own good.