6.6

1. Jul 1, 2014
    So full of heart my bowels cramp. Every part of the script is nailed with idiotic and childish jokes, which mimic every other Sandler movie I've seen, with the exception being 'Punch-Drunk Love'. Animation is dead, except for Disney and Pixar.
  2. Jul 11, 2013
    Movie had potential, but had way too many corny jokes, and the soundtrack was awful. Plus, the "adult and their misunderstood teen" storyline has been done to death. Honestly probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
  3. Feb 4, 2013
    Hotel Transylvania got my attention when I knew that there was a bunch of creepy animated movies that would be release at cinemas. Like Frankenweenie or ParaNorman; both films surprised me not only because of the technique of animation and the esthetic, but also because of the message that these pictures gives, which clearly demonstrate that they were not the typical movie for children.Hotel Transylvania got my attention when I knew that there was a bunch of creepy animated movies that would be release at cinemas. Like Frankenweenie or ParaNorman; both films surprised me not only because of the technique of animation and the esthetic, but also because of the message that these pictures gives, which clearly demonstrate that they were not the typical movie for children. Hotel Transylvania was the exception. It could not reach a least half the level than the films mentioned before. Despites that the idea of a hotel for monsters in vacations is original, everything else does not: the overprotective father, the rebel teenage daughter, the cool young guy and love at first sight; because of this the movie is absolutely predictable. In between it has some interesting topics, like the anger of Dracula cause by the images that the humans have of him (the scene of the plane is spectacular); and the stereotypes that the monsters have about the humans. Above all, this picture is very erratic, makes you laugh? Yes, but is empty. Collapse
  4. Jan 31, 2013
    The best thing about this movie is seeing certain characters as bats (which happens rarely) and probably Sandler's voice performance. The beginning starts off somewhat interesting, but then you get to the luke warm middle, wondering when it will pick up, but it never does. The only thing that saves the ending is the fact that you see a bat for a good few minutes. (They look cute)
  5. Jan 20, 2013
    I'm an adult who likes animated movies and I honestly did not find this funny at all. I am sure little kids would love this movie but if you are an older viewer, I highly doubt you will laugh. It's not a bad movie, The characters were likeable and the cast did a good job, The potential is there to make a good franchise, but it's just not funny.
  6. Zal
    Dec 14, 2012
    It's harmless, I guess, but if you want to see a Halloween themed kids movie I have some better suggestions: The Nightmare Before Christmas, ParaNorman, Frankenweenie. It's one of of Adam Sandler better movies, but that's not saying much. The best word to describe it is "forgettable." There's no major conflict or villain. It's a whole lot of nothing. While it's not harmful, it's not interesting.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    In the words of my daughter after seeing this film, "Dad, I'm 8 not stupid." Maybe someday Hollywood will realize that not all cartoons are cute or funny. Just because you animate something doesn't make it good. We left half way through the movie and went for a bike ride.
  8. Nov 11, 2012
    No puedo creer que muchos hayan esperado esta m....a, en serio es m....a, la trama es predecible, la animación es horrenda y ridícula y los personajes pueden ser comicos, clicheados o irritantes. La única razón por la que todos la aman es por el director Gendy Tartakovsky, quien trajo "Dexter's Laboratory", pero eso no significa que siempre va a estar buena. NiNo puedo creer que muchos hayan esperado esta m....a, en serio es m....a, la trama es predecible, la animación es horrenda y ridícula y los personajes pueden ser comicos, clicheados o irritantes. La única razón por la que todos la aman es por el director Gendy Tartakovsky, quien trajo "Dexter's Laboratory", pero eso no significa que siempre va a estar buena. Ni siquiera esta para Halloween, prefiero ParaNorman o Frankenweenie honestamente. Admito que me dio risa la película. Expand
  9. Nov 4, 2012
    Despite featuring Adam Sandler, this movie is not quite awful enough to turn it around to warrant a high score like Sandler's live-action classics. Truly bafflingly unfunny, the real humour is in how random and crazy the attemps at humour are. Worth a watch anyway. Maybe.
  10. Oct 18, 2012
    I usually like animated movies but Hotel Transylvania wasn't anything too exciting. I had hopes that it would be pretty funny but i can count the amount of times i laughed on one hand, it was just kinda boring most of the time. Nothing i would see again. 4/10
  11. Oct 10, 2012
    Unfunny and unimaginative, and this from Tartakovsky(Powderpuff Girls, Dexters Labrotory) and Smigel(SNL's TV Funhouse, and Triumph the insult dog). After 3 days had gone by since watching this, I asked my kids what they thought. "Ok" was the best it got. We all agreed the human character played by Adam Samberg was annoying to the extreme. In fact, the entire audience was rather quietUnfunny and unimaginative, and this from Tartakovsky(Powderpuff Girls, Dexters Labrotory) and Smigel(SNL's TV Funhouse, and Triumph the insult dog). After 3 days had gone by since watching this, I asked my kids what they thought. "Ok" was the best it got. We all agreed the human character played by Adam Samberg was annoying to the extreme. In fact, the entire audience was rather quiet throughout. If you want a Halloween-themed animation to watch, seek out ParaNorman, thats the reel deal! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 12, 2012
    Comedy gothic isn't exactly novel, and frankly there is a sense here of a movie coasting along on Halloween hype-marketing, without providing as many laughs and ideas as it really could have done.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Oct 8, 2012
    An animation that never drags itself out of mediocrity despite the best efforts of gifted animator Tartakovsky.
  3. Reviewed by: Paul Bradshaw
    Oct 1, 2012
    Despite the all-star talent, an overload of sight gags and an always-amiable vibe, Genndy Tartakovsky's monster house is a bit too loony for its own good.