7.7

1. Aug 31, 2010
    Another pretentious movie made by Zhang. Since Hero, he completed lost everything. The only good thing about this movie is Takeshi Kaneshiro - the ultimate eye candy. He was the only thing that kept me on my seat. The plot does not make sense, especially in the eyes of Mandarin speaking audiences. Pure Nonsense! Plus cringe-worthy dialogues and the flying daggers ... what an embarrassment, even we (who are so used to unreal martial art sequences) found it too much to bear. Expand
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    The final fight scene appeared a bit poorly cut-together and took the sheen off an otherwise excellent film. The visuals were truly astounding, and the "echo game" scene must be one of the most amazing pieces of choreography ever filmed.
  3. Mar 18, 2012
    I really liked it but the only problems I had with the film is that it failed to show what happend to the rebel group (House of the Flying Daggers) and the action scenes could have been better. Still a solid film though, Definently worth the watch.

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    Quite simply, House of Flying Daggers is a film that sets several new standards for production and entertainment values. It is a wild riot of color, music, passion, action, mystery, pure old-fashioned thrills and even dancing.
  2. A glorious new addition to martial-arts cinema.
    Forget "Hero" -- that cult hit was just Zhang Yimou's warm-up for this martial-arts fireball that throws in a lyrical love story, head-spinning fights and dazzling surprises.