8.8

1. Apr 13, 2011
    I like movies done by DreamWorks Animation, but none seemed to reach the emotional tone of Pixar movies, until this fantastic movie came. Had "Toy Story 3" not been released in the same year, this movie would've definitely been my pick for best animated movie of the year.
  2. Dec 21, 2010
    this movie is awesome and breathtaking
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    One of the best movies I've ever seen, the story is awesome, the characters are likable, and it's hilarious, one of the best movies of 2010, it earns a perfect 10, a must see.
  4. Nov 26, 2011
    How to Train Your Dragon puts shame to lesser animated films. It's so lovingly crafted, from it's beautiful animation to the pitch-perfect script flawlessly performed by the vocal talent, to John Powell's rich, Celtic-inspired score. The casting is perfect, but of particular note is Jay Baruchel, who makes our unlikely hero Hiccup an extremely relatable protagonist, America Ferrera who packs so much attitude into battle-maiden Astrid's every line that you can almost hear her daring you to underestimate her prowess on the battlefield, and Craig Furguson, who's just plain fun as the grizzled, wise-cracking old trainer Gobber. Despite the talent of the actors, the real star of the film isn't a person at all, but an animated dragon. "Toothless" is a real triumph of animation - not since Wall-E has a mostly-silent computer-animated character been so easy to read, his every movement and slightest change in expression communicating to the audience exactly what he is feeling and thinking. The dragons in general are extremely well handled - the designers and animators have managed to pull off a range of creatures that are recognisable, but at the same time original, cartoony, yet still believable, a work of fantasy, but somehow grounded in some semblance of reality. Even with all of these stunning elements, How to Train Your Dragon could have still fallen short, as in the end, it comes down to one thing - the story. Luckily, it succeeds on this front too - it's just a good old-fashioned fable with a timeless moral - don't judge a book by it's cover. It's also a coming-of-age story, a comment on father-son relationships and a warning against humanity's tendency to destroy that which it does not understand. How to Train Your Dragon is so much more than an animated family feature film. It's engaging, original and expertly crafted in every aspect. It manages to comment on serious issues on quite a profound level without ever becoming preachy. And of course it's a feast for the eyes, ears and heart. With features like Kung Fu Panda, Monsters vs.Aliens and How to Train Your Dragon, DreamWorks Animation are fast becoming very serious contenders for Pixar's crown... Expand
  5. Aug 18, 2011
    Wow! This is great.. I recommend anyone who hasn't to get off the couch and buy it. Great movie Dreamworks Animation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. May 29, 2012
    One of Dreamworks best films. No wonder it has a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Great characters and a ton of dragon action scenes render this as a great start to a potential franchise.
  7. Jun 22, 2012
    best dreamworks movie ever!!!!!!!!!!! Fun, funny, witty, wonderful animated all what movie need to be Love viewing:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  8. Oct 26, 2010
    i love some of theese CGI kids films . i shouldnt eveen call it that it should be referd to as a family film because like shrek people of all ages can enjoy theese films . its a fun little story about a viking town who fight dragons and a young kid names hic up who want to be a dragon slayer but doesnt have the build or stomach for it . its very well voice acted i thought the guy who did hic up did a great job . he was very funny and fit the charicter perfect . the action and camera shots where amazing i wached this with my neices and nephews and they where just wowed by it as was i . great film probubly best of the year. Expand
  9. Mar 19, 2011
    Absolutely loved it. The 3D was amazing, as was the animation. The score was beautiful. Script was smart & funny. And oh how adorable was that dragon?! I love how Dreamworks are paying homage to genres with love rather than parodying them with hate. I thought it was just as good as Toy Story 3!
  10. Nov 3, 2010
    How to Train your Dragon gives you all the reasons to fall in love with kids adventure movies over and over again. It portrays the perfect blend of adventure, family sentimentality and finding one-self.
  11. Oct 21, 2010
    This movie made me feel, like really, really good. A really awesome movie even beyond the scope of Animated flicks. For instance this shows how a real Krakken would look like and in action, instead of the brief glimpse we had in Clash of the Titans lol. Loved the wide variety of crazy dragons and vivid animations. I mean Toothless would be able to even tame King kong! Who wouldn't fall for that creature? The voice acting was, kind of, not that top knotch. Bottomline, one of the best Animated features I've seen. Expand
  12. Jul 29, 2014
    How to Train Your Dragon is an absolutely amazing animated movie. It has great characters, cute monsters and fantastic action sequences. Even better, it has a deep cathartic edge that leaves you a tear in the eye. More of this, please... it's great!
  13. Mar 15, 2011
    The Avatar for kids -- How To Train Your Dragon is brilliantly written and both charming and suspenseful, whilst being gloriously animated in breathtaking 3-D.
  14. Mar 20, 2011
    My favorite animated Dreamworks movie is Shrek 2, but How To Train Your Dragon is officially a very close second. I'd say it's more like a first-and-a-half. Pixar is still the animation powerhouse, but Dreamworks has been doing very well. Stereotypical (yet likeable) characters and a predictable story didn't hurt this one at all, in my opinion. I loved Toothless (the Dragon). He didn't utter a single word, yet I could see every emotion that went through his mind. And Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) was a fine lead. There was nothing extremely inventive in his looser-becomes-hero character, but I still liked him alot. I pretty much liked everything else about this one too. Gerard Butler would be just as good a Viking in live action, as he was in this one. It was just like King Leonidas put on a few pounds. And I have to mention Craig Ferguson. I watch his late night show every once in a while, and the guy is hilarious. I loved seeing (well technically hearing) him in a good movie. If there happens to be a sequel (like that would ever happen), he better be there. Like I mentioned before, the story is a bit cliche, but it was still a fun, heart warming tale. I loved how this movie leaned more towards drama and action, than comedy. That really made this a unique experience to me. The 3D was beautiful too. It was more like Avatar's, with depth. Finally a 3D animated movie that doesn't throw stuff at you for an hour and a half! This story would be amazing in any D, but if you can, go see it in 3D. It really accentuates the digital effects perfectly. I cannot say enough how much I loved it, and I'll definitely be picking a copy up when it comes out. Expand
  15. Mar 26, 2011
    This movie is beyond amazing. It didn't seem very good in the trailer, but when I actually saw the movie, I was blown away. It has beautiful animation, beautiful voices, a beautiful plot, and one thing that I think is beyond amazing is it's beautiful music. The movie could've had no voices and just music and it would get 10 stars. The only thing that wasn't great was the 2 cheesy lines that Astrid says. Other than that, it is a COMPLETELY AMAZING. Expand
  16. Apr 29, 2011
    This is a nother one of my faves. :) Mainly because I love dragons, especily the night fury.:) This is a veary good movie, next 2 Eragon and Percy Jakson. :)
  17. May 31, 2011
    A fantastic film. The story is fabulously original, with a strong supporting cast of actors. The actors are always on the ball with how the line should be delivered. The animation quality is top notch, and the designer of toothless knows exactly how to create the worlds cutest fire breathing monster. The film was a masterpiece of modern animation, and well worth your money.
  18. Dec 11, 2011
    Albeit the lack of originality, "How to Train Your Dragon" has a clever and funny story, emotional impact and good messages to its target audience. And it is the best DreamWorks animation since "Shrek".
  19. Dec 31, 2011
    How to train your dragon does not have the most intresting story ever, but its an absolutely charming movie... The story is mostly predictable after Hiccup finds the dragon, but the animations are very well done, the characters fit the whole story, and it has this "i know how it ends and its a bit kitschy, but still the movie excites me"- thing...I watched it around 5 times yet, and though it´s mainly a movie made for children I will come back watching this a lot of times, and I´m not a teenager Expand
  20. May 20, 2012
    An entertaining tale on how a Viking boy befriends a dragon. Fantastic visual effects, and proberly the only film I have seen where I have actually liked the 3D. Well worth a watch 10/10
  21. Mar 17, 2012
    This movie is amazing and is filled with crisp animation. It is funny and is filled with some great punch lines. I have watched it about five times. Also the special effects are great and I loved all of the movies. Next, this movie is filled with depth and the script is great. I couldn't believe it was actually a kids movie. All parts of it were fantastic and I call it the best movie every.
  22. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, I would give this a 9.25 out of 10. Great animation. Action sequences can be pretty great. Story is also well crafted. Score is epic, and the acting is quite well done. Highly recommend.
  23. Jun 27, 2012
    de las mejores peliculas de animacion q eh tenido la oportunidad de ver, los efectos visuales son impresionantes, al igual q la animación, quede flipando con esta pelicula
  24. Dec 8, 2012
    Whoa!? Dreamworks where did this come from? What great, heart-felt film...one of the best films of 2010 and one of the best animated films of recent years...
  25. Feb 17, 2013
    Took me a while to get around to seeing this but now that I have I can see why so many people liked it. Aimed at children obviously but its one of the more recent kids films that has simply got it right. Great concept about vikings and dragons (something that young boys in particular will love). I could have seen this being an all-time favourite of mine had it been released when I was a kid, but even though I'm a little older I can still appreciate it for what it is, and that is a great film! Expand
  26. Dec 25, 2012
    I remember watching this in the theater and enjoying it, but just watched it again tonight, and it was sooooo much better than the first time. Probably because it was in 3D the first time, and all we are watching are for the affects! An absolutely brilliant film, and I have to say that after watching it tonight it is now one of my favorites of all time. Just a wonderful story. And the final scene in which Hiccup realizes he's missing part of a limb, and the dragon whisks him away...beyond touching!!! Will watch this over and over!!! Expand
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just when I thought recent animated movies would be stuck in a pit of suckiness for the rest of eternity, this lovely movie came along. Humerus as well as entertaining, Jay Bruchel and America Ferrera light up the screen with their acting abilities as Hiccup and Astrid, who make an unlikely pair, while Hiccup befriends a cute but dangerous dragon. Expand
  28. Sep 4, 2013
    This is by far the best Animated Movie of 2010 and certainly DreamWorks Magnum Opus. Visuals are perfect, acting is top-notch, and the music is awesome. And of course the story hits you on emotional level that surpasses even some Pixar films. Highly Recommend. Also OFF TOPIC, the Metascore should be way higher. There are a lot of other reviews that would've boosted the score if they actually included them. This website can be EXTREMELY biased sometimes. Expand
  29. Feb 24, 2014
    This movie has a great story, loveable characters and a great soundtrack. It has 3D sequences that would make even Avatar jealous. The dragons are creative and it is something you would not think about by yourself. Easily one of the best films of 2010.
  30. Jun 12, 2014
    This is in my top 5 favourite animated films of all time. The story, the characters, the relationships, the pacing, the atmosphere, the soundtrack; everything is near perfect. A film that can be rewatched a hundred times and still retain its emotional resonance. Definitely a classic to be remembered.
  31. Aug 10, 2014
    This is just a wonderful little film. It's everything it needs to be. My absolute favourite favourite animation to date. The details in Toothless' eyes and the different shades and types of fire, beautifully done! I'm sure I could pick on certain things, but for this type of film and what it tries to achieve, I think it's pretty damn perfect!
  32. Sep 3, 2014
    The first DreamWorks film that surpasses Pixar in terms of emotional depth and visual quality, How To Train Your Dragon could arguably be the best animated film of all time. With a mature, thoughtful plotline, stunning animation, and timeless characters, this feature rises out of the 'children's animation' genre. And let's not forget John Powell's absolutely breath-taking soundtrack, which adds that extra dimension to a marvellous movie. A must-see for all the family. Expand
  33. Oct 2, 2010
    Probably the best animated movie i've seen yet. With a simple but very witty storyline, greatly designed characters, amazing graphics, this movie has it all. I think it's a big must-see for everyone.
  34. Nov 16, 2010
    Although this is a kid's movie i can guarantee that almost anyone who see it will just fall in love with it. Good overall cast, very likable characters and a story that really draws you in. I really wish i had a dragon now.
  35. Oct 16, 2010
    The best Childrens movie since Finding Nemo. I loved every second of it. I was so enveloped in it i swear to god i wanted to adopt Toothless. And the ending does not disappoint at all. The only thing that bugged me was this story is serious, and they named the main character Hiccup? Whatever the movie completely overshadows that.
  36. Sep 24, 2010
    This film the Advertisements and the trailers made this movie look like yet another movie to take your kids to and with the 3D now thats what sells the kids and makes you want to see the film but heres the thing i saw this film in 2D and i loved it its truth that a movie can be just as great in 2D as is in 3D the animaton , the score , the voicework , there is nothing wrong with this film . its perfect this is a rare movie that you watch and there is nothing wrong with it .. the whole movie i was looking for a flaw but i was too cought up in the story and emmersed in this breathtaking FANTASTIC film.

The film Starts off as an action-packed explosive Ride .. where we meet Hiccop played by (Jay Baruchel) he is an apriring viking trying to take in his fathers footsteps here is shocker the father is played by (Gerard Butler) its weird seeing him in a Good movie i mean after Ugly Truth & Gamer & Bounty Hunter, i was starting to loose hope but he is very well placed in this movie as the head viking of the village hes the head hancho!. Well Hiccop wants to prove that he can be more than just a screw up and a handy man .. so he does somthing he actully captures a Dragon!.

And not just any dragon he captures the rarest Dragon there is one that noone has ever seen and or lived to tell about it. So he is about to slay the dragon so he can prove to his dad that he is a real viking but he cant and so he frees the dragon but the dragon has been injured so he does somthing that all vikings forbid he trains this Dragon this scared and lonely Dragon. But soon after that he is enrolled in a Dragon Training Practice which teached Young Viking how to slay Dragons the right way. Well HIccup after freeing the Dragon at which he names Toothless which is the perfect name for this one of a kind Dragon. Anyway after trianing his Dragon he learns a few features about the dragons that he dident know. And so that helps he Excel in Beating out the competion in his Dragon Training. But as soon as things start to arise like a Queen Dragon that is the Biggest and Baddest of them all the Villiage and Hiccup and Toothless are againts all the ODDS!.

This movie starts off and your thinking wow is that what the whole movie is going to be like? Thats what i was asking myself .. I Think Dreamworks Animation has learned from Pixar the best way to get though a great scene is no Dialogue that is what this movies Key was the score in the backround was so Beautiful you couldent ask for a better composer .. the scenes between Hiccup and toothless while in traning are what this movie lives off of anfd i gotta say it works.. The scenes in this movie where they are soaring to new heights are Breathtaking it actully feels like your there.

This movie Succeds where other animated films do not this one in particular teaches you a moral and you can clearly tell what it is. The voice work was Brilliant and Sport on Craig Ferguson was Hilrious and a Riot as the Old Timer the Vetren if you will this movies comedic timing is actully quite perfect what UP dident accomplish this movie has a heart and a soul the children are going to love this film has at times this movie may be scary but in the end its worth it... this film is fantastic i have said it 100 times and im gonna say it 100 more Breathtaking , asthonishing! ... Glorious.

A++

ReviewdByNate

RatedPG

RunTime90mins

Thanks For Stoppin Buy!
  37. Nov 8, 2010
    How to train your Dragon was a great movie!

The plot was brilliant and I thought this was a heart warming film because if you think
    about it a boy and a friendship with a dragon is nice.

The action sequences were great, there were some moments where I chuckled a bit!

All in all great movie!
  38. Dec 27, 2010
    I love good animation. I loved "Kung-Fu Panda" last year, so I had to see Dreamwork's latest. It didn't disappoint. The action scenes are great, the movie is well written, and it probably has the best usage of 3D that I've seen so far. After these two gems, Dreamworks is almost at the level of Pixar, who I think slipped a little after last year's "Up". Pixar still makes the most original films, however. This one does have the tired storyline of the protagonist that nobody respects suddenly becoming a hero, just like Kung Fu Panda. Once Dreamworks does something totally original, such as "Toy Story", or "Monster's Inc", they will be at the level of Pixar. Expand
  39. Dec 21, 2010
    Based on a novel with the same name, writer William Davies was able to turn this kids story into a touching and deep first-class screenplay that is really rare for Dream Works. Hiccup, voiced by the devastating and believable Jay Baruchel, is a weak and low self-esteem little boy who lives in a world of Vikings. His dad and his friends, all around him, their life mission is to kill dragons and Hiccup is expected to do the same. Going through training and a lot of trying, Hiccup was not successful. Instead of killing dragons, Hiccup decided to read books on the dragons and found out they are not that bad. The belief was brought on after Hiccup met a dragon, who was considered the most dangerous dragon and did not try to eat him. This created a interesting but predictable twist for the audience to eat up on. Hiccup named his "friend" Toothless. Months go by as Hiccup trains his dragon friend Toothless to fly since he was injured when Hiccup found him. Throughout the training, their relationship begins to build and we see that Hiccup is falling in love. The writer really wanted us to cry at this point because Hiccup's friend Toothless was discovered by the town people and he's being killed by them. At the end, we know that dragons aren't as bad and Vikings shouldn't be killing them. This really looks like Disney's work because the message and the tone of the film is based on being friends and nice and all. At first, I thought this was not Dream Work's work, but after checking up on it, I was surprised. This looked more like Disney's cheesy work than Dream Work's. How To Train Your Dragon is classy, funny, kid-friendly, and intelligently scripted. It is one of the best films of the year.
    OscarBuzz: Best Animated Feature, this will go head to head against Toy Story 3. Even though Toy Story 3 definitely has a lead, if it didn't win, How To Train Your Dragon would snatch the Oscar.
    Though I didn't mention the 3D, be assured that Avatar will be jealous to see this film in 3D.
  40. Jan 7, 2011
    Do you remember Stitch ? Well, our dragon has his face. And that is a good thing! Many times during the movie I was amazed how they blended the "cute" dragon with a living beast. It's so believable. OK - I admit I simply like the dragon :) The presentation is easily the best 3D I've seen so far and although the story is a bit predictable, still a solid 10 for me.
  41. Feb 12, 2011
    Rather brilliant, full of real emotion and wonderful breathtaking setpieces. Music is sublime, the animation is beyond beautiful and as an all round package ,one of the best animated movies of the year. Take the hint Dreamworks, more movies like this!
  42. Jan 23, 2011
    i'm from braSil!
    This movie is very good! Simple, interesting, beautiful and breathtaking animations! good mix of action with comedy.
  43. Feb 21, 2012
    This is a fantastic movie coming from Dreamworks Animation. Everything's well done, from the story to the cinematic presentation. The characters are easily liked. Great movie for adults and children alike. If you have kids, this is one movie you wont mind sitting down and watching it with them from time to time.
  44. Dec 19, 2013
    This movie is a cult classic. Some dark things happen in this for a kids movie, but that's why it's so awesome. This was one of the best animated films, if not the best animated film of all time
  45. Dec 15, 2011
    How to Train Your Dragon is not just one of the best animated films of 2010, its one of the best animated films, full stop. From the flawless, beautiful visuals to the voice cast, everything is perfect. It's one of those films that just makes you feel great once your finished because it is just so sincere and delightful. It's visuals are terrific with the animation of Toothless the Dragon being some of the best character animation I have ever seen. Despite the fact he doesn't speak you always know what he is thinking. It's masterful. Jay Baruchel leads a brilliant voice cast including the likes of Gerard Butler, America Ferrera, Craig Ferguson and Jonah Hill. Everyone seems to be having great fun with their characters and in doing so, allowing us to enjoy it too. It's a marvel of a project and I'm glad there is another on the way. Expand
  46. Jan 7, 2012
    Possibly the greatest kids movie in a very long time. Absolutely charming, stunningly beautiful, and perfectly satisfying. This is the sort of family movie that actually does what the genre says and appeals to the whole family. I loved it.
  47. Feb 7, 2012
    I would be considered for the older crowd (15-25) when I first watched this movie. No I did not get to enjoy this movie in theaters, but firstly at my houses 60" LCD TV. This was possibly one of the most enjoyable movies I have watched in a long time, and I am a fan of the fantasy genre. The plot is old as any other one, a forbidden friendship. The key to using this plot is how they put a story to it, and I personally loved the way it was expressed in this film. It played out well with a beginning, middle, and an end that will not disappoint. This voice acting is great, as it is in most big releases as such, and the animation was by far amazing. Observing this movie, with its small, but plentiful amount of puns it still carries a dark persona with it. This movie is rather mature when compared to DreamWorks other projects, such as Shrek or Madagascar, when I watch this it truly carries meaning.

I am not embarrassed while talking about this, due to the fact itâ
  48. Sep 14, 2013
    This is the most fantastic, amazing, brilliant movie I have ever seen. Why? Well first of all the music is perfect, always capturing the moment perfectly. Second, the story it just amazing. I don't want to give anything away, so just watch and you will see why. Third, the voice acting is fantastic. Jay Baruchel plays Hiccup the main character, and America Ferrera plays the love interest Astrid. Jay Baruchel does a perfect job at playing Hiccup because he is just like Hiccup in many ways. Forth and final reason why this movie is fantastic, amazing, and brilliant is that the visuals are amazing. The animation looks nothing like you have seen before. You can see every little freckle on Hiccups face, even a scar or two. Most people would think of How to Train Your Dragon as a kids movie. Well I don't think so and so does Dreamworks. Dreamworks has said many times it is not intended to be a kids movie more of a teen and adult flick. You will notice if you ask a kid about this movie they do not remember it. Why, because they have seen so many other movies that are more kid like that this one slips their mind probably. Most of the fans are teens and adults, but that doesn't mean a kid would not like it, just that teens and adults will appreciate it more. This movie deserves a 10 out of 10. I say buy it. If you have a 3D TV watch in 3D because the 3D also looks fantastic. Dreamworks made the best animated movie ever in my book. Expand
  49. Jul 8, 2013
    Having watched this film first on DVD, I sure wish I didn't. With its stunning scenes, its wonderful script, and surprising depth, "How to Train Your Dragon" truly is in itself a winner. While its story tangles with the "Aladdin", "Avatar", and several of other tales told before, the story still shines with its wonderful creative spin off of its book series. With several more positives than negatives to the story, its a fun and new tale to everyone. Expand
  50. Jun 25, 2014
    I can't believe I haven't watched this earlier. Well, now I've seen it three times in about 3 months. I might even say it's my favorite animated movie of all time and that's pretty big since I grew up with all kinds of animated movies. And this wins them all despite of the nostalgia many older movies bring to me. It makes me ask myself the same question all my favorite movies and video games do: "why can't my life be like this?". But not everybody is a friend of these kind of movies. It might feel pretty generic and boring for some people and I can see that it doesn't actually bring much new to the table with it's storyline. But I'm a fan of happy endings and heartwarming stories. Expand
  51. Mar 24, 2014
    I love this film and it doesn't matter how many times I watch it, always makes me emotional. The animation is wonderful and the soundtrack is perfection. The 3D version is worth getting also. I hope the second one holds up to this. Also people shouldn't assume that because is animated its for children. As I watch a lot of anime this is defiantly not the case.
  52. May 12, 2014
    I remember around the time this movie was being made I was already reading the original How to Train Your Dragon book and when I read it, I really enjoyed the story of the book; but when I saw the trailer for this film adaption, I was not pleased because it looked like it had a totally different story from the book and it did; however when I saw it in theaters I highly enjoyed it. Sure it has a totally new story with only a few elements from the books, but the action and emotional height and creativity that went into this film was great and I would recommend it. Expand
  53. Sep 1, 2014
    “How to train your dragon” is the story of a furious dragon, Toothless, and a genius dragon fighter, Hiccup. Dragons constantly raid Hiccup's town, steal the live stock, and set the houses on fire. Hiccup's father is leader of the town, a legendary dragon fighter, and Hiccups role model. Hiccup craves to be like his father but he lacks the essential skills to fight dragons. He is clumsy, cowardly, and weak. Still he relentlessly practices to become a dragon fighter even though nobody takes him seriously.

“How to train your dragon” is the story of a young boy searching for his identity; searching for who he wants to be and how to become it. It is a story of perseverance. It shows when traditions and conventions are hindering you, they should be changed or abandoned. When Hiccup fails to become a dragon fighter by following the traditional and conventional methods, he questions their authenticity, meticulously examines them, refines them, or even completely rejects them and devises new unorthodox ways. The myths fascinate him in the fantasy world but do not blind him in the real world.

“How to train your dragon” is full of sublime messages and themes but it is not a heavy handed movie for the elite. Quite conversely, it is an extraordinarily fun movie to watch, a movie that even toddlers can enjoy. The graphic design is phenomenal, soundtracks are captivating, dialogues are fluid and seamless, and it has a remarkable story to tell. This is indeed one of the best achievements in the history of animations.
  54. Sep 16, 2014
    An emotional, but great movie, capturing the importance of trust and friendship and how it can bring peace to different populations. Favorite animated movie so far!
  55. Oct 13, 2014
    A film so enjoyable it feels like it has the stamp of Pixar on it. The main character is kinda' wimpy and feels like a re-hash of a certain character we've seen before, but it does distract the story, cool visuals, and some of the best flying scenes you'll see in a movie.

1. An exciting, fun and sensationally entertaining movie for everyone.
  2. Rouses you in conventional ways, but it's also the rare animated film that uses 3-D for its breathtaking spatial and emotional possibilities.
    Works enough miracles of 3-D animation to charm your socks off.