6.0

1. Feb 18, 2011
    When this gets a 3 and f**king Justin Bieber gets a 5 I have lost faith in movie reviewers. This should easily be a 7 or 8. WIth all the stupid twilight-esque stuff coming out finding an actually decent movie is getting difficult. Highly recommended.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Like a good episode of smallville? What?!? You guys are losing respect by the day! This movie is excellent! It is what fantastic 4 should have been! This movie is the new generation of, lack for a better series, starwars! Do not get me wrong it is not what starwars is or was to sic-fi, not even close but it compares to the feelings of excitement, fantasy, saga and inspiration as the first time you watch such a great movie! The acting was great! The plot is great! The actors chosen are perfect for there roles... And timothy Olyphant was as usual, superb! This is a great movie to see with kids older than ten, a date and even a guys night out! Go and support this movie this weekend so they can finish the saga... Not much of a spoiler but the movie is titled " I am 4" and depending on the money this makes it can easily be made into 2 more great movies!!! Because there are 5 more characters to meet!! You won't be disappointed in this movie, if your a fantasy/sic-fi fan!!! Expand
  3. Feb 20, 2011
    Dude, finally. Finally in this mediocre year of 2011 we have a movie that's actually great. I have no idea what's wrong with all these critics. This movie is awesome! OK so the movie follows John Smith(played by Alex Pettyfer) who is an alien part of a group of nine of his kind that escaped his planet before they were killed. Numbers one, two, and three are dead, so now the Mog are coming after him. He has to find a way to stop them or he's next. Do you wanna see this now? No? What's your problem? Lets get the story straight though. This is not a Twilight remake/rip-off. Yes, I can see some resemblances to Twilight but it really isn't like that at all. Alex Pettyfer was very good for his first big movie. He does his part very well and doesn't slip up. The girl he falls in love with, Sarah, played by Dianna Agron does fine but nothing really special. Number Six, played by Teresa Palmer does a great job in her role. She is just an awesome, gun wielding alien. But the man who steals the show is Timothy Olyphant who plays Henri, John's protector. Timothy Olyphant is always cool and awesome, but give him a sword and he is the ultimate badass in this movie. The script, to my surprise, was very well written. everything makes sense and there isn't and cringe-worthy dialogue. The special effects were spectacular. Everything from the lights coming out of his hands to the monsters he fights are extremely well done. My only gripe, and this is a very small one, is that the villains weren't really developed much. They were just there, I wish we learned more about them. But again, that is a very minor thing. Overall, I Am Number Four is the movie I have been waiting for since the start of the year. Definitely my favorite movie of the year so far. Expand
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    Entertaining sci-fi chick flick. Not great art, but very good entertainment.

A drop of Electra's search for the gifted ones, a dash of Twilight's love stories, a little bit of Firefly's camaraderie, and a bit of whatever. Derivative, for sure, but entertaining none the less.
  5. Jul 25, 2011
    I loved this movie it was very exciting to watch I recommend it to anyone! I hope they make a second movie!!!!! To all the critics at least its not another vampire movie
  6. Feb 19, 2011
    This movie was amazing! i loved it i couldnt stop thinkin about it. the message was always belive and have faith. at lest thats what i got out of it. But after all i enjoyed it alot. now that i saw the movie im gonna read the book. and i really hope that the movie does better and they do come out with a second one. because i will watch it. oh and i recomend this movie to people who love a suspense and who like a quick jump in there seat. This movie was amazing and all the people who had trouble understanding the movie see it again and then say what you want. No efense dont want an argument. but go see this movie i enjoyed it a lot.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  7. Feb 21, 2011
    No, it wasn't original. That really shouldn't matter though since fiction has been around for a few thousand years now and all of the bases have been pretty much covered. That disturbia movie they're pawing all over in the reviews for this movie? That was a **** flick decades ago. I am number four at least found a new combination for their grab bag of movie cliches. And it was entertaining too. Don't expect to be surprised by any great plot twists, but if you dig superhero movies then you should probably check it out. Besides these stupid published critics don't like anything unless it's some dreary melodrama and even then they probably only say they like that stuff in case it wins an award. Just like how they all went crazy over that sapphire movie. Which, by the way, wasn't original either. Expand
  8. Feb 20, 2011
    Whoever thinks that this movie sucked is stupid. And I am number two? Seriously? You couldn't think of anything better to say to describe how much you disliked this movie? It's not clever, or smart. But this movie was absolutely fantastic. And, honestly, I would go see it again. Because I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
  9. Feb 20, 2011
    This is the bet movie. You would like this at any age! It is just as hood as the twilight sagas. People who trash on this movie are Justin Beiber fans. Just watch this and u will love it!!
  10. Feb 20, 2011
    I loved this movie and I am definitely not a teenager. It had everything: good plot, action, romance, characters you start to care about and a positive message. I do not see the connection to twilight, unless you equate everything that shows two teenagers falling for each other to twilight. I was completely hooked throughout the whole movie and I cannot wait for the sequel. Great flick.
  11. Mar 4, 2011
    while the best or most original movie ever, it was good, entertaining and had some excelent special effect. Dianna Agron seemed a little out of place, for good reasons, she was out acting everyone else all over the place and seemed to be far too good to be in this movie, I feel she's one of the more talented young actresses out there and look forward to her future projectsd
  12. Mar 6, 2011
    Its outstanding.. superb cinematography!! thrilling n exciting n breath-taking n heart throbbing!! Watch it for superb acting of the lead stars!! nice, amazing, uber-adventurous!!
  13. Mar 13, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this film and so did all of the family! Epic in scale, exciting from start to finish, well acted and with a nice touch of teen angst for the younger audience. Plenty of eye candy too. A great movie which certainly deserves more praise.
  14. Mar 28, 2011
    I thought the movie was awesome people are just full of crap! Good storyline hot actors and beautiful effects!! Sure it isn't the best I've ever seen or the most original but still very good and entertaining!!!
  15. Jun 19, 2011
    I loved this movie. I heard someone comparing it to Smallville. I don't know about that but I like Smallville and to me it's kind of like it but different. I thought this was a great movie and the girls were really nice to look at.
  16. Mar 2, 2011
    It was a pretty good movie. The ending was all right, but I felt it was sorta rushed. I'd enjoy a sequel, because it was a unique superhero movie that doesn't appear to be based on a comic book.
  17. Feb 23, 2011
    Saw this movie opening weekend, and then just saw it again last night in iMAX. This movie had me entertained the entire time with tons of action and just enough romance. The cast is actually believable with a great storyline. Worth it to check it out yourself.
  18. Feb 26, 2011
    I read the book and though its a bit different.... I think the movie brought it to life better than I initially expected. My wife who also read the book actually liked the movie better. The movie lacks the character build up compared to the book, but I can see why things were changed for the movie to move the pace faster. It would have been way too long!! I think this series has a lot of potential and can be better than the Twilight series if given a chance. Not so luvvy duvvy... and not filled with cheezey lines....like the "lion and the lamb" crap like the Twilight movies had. I didn't think the acting was all that bad as some of the viewers have commented. Twilight had much worse actors... This is a bit like watching Smallville... but the action payoff at the end was no less than AMAZING!!! ....by the way, Number 6 is way HOTT!!!! ...and she is every bit as badass as "Hit Girl"!!! I really hope they make a sequel!!! Expand
  19. Mar 3, 2011
    Its an okay movie. Its very One-Tree Hill CW-esque teen drama with a Sci-Fi twist. Its quite a while for the actual action sequences to pick up. If you like Teen-Drama and don't really need a lot of action then this is the movie for you.
  20. Mar 6, 2011
    Was this the best movie I have ever seen? No, but it was still pretty great. I'm not really sure why people are saying that the acting was terrible, yes it had it's cheesy lines, but that's not the actors fault. The plot was iffy, but it was a pretty good movie in my book and it definitely deserves a higher rating than 6.5/10. That is just ridiculous. I'm also not really sure what people meant when comparing it to twilight. That is just insulting. It's also not just a chick flick, trust me, guys will like this too. So overall there were a few things that I would have changed but I did enjoy watching this movie. Expand
  21. Mar 13, 2011
    Might i mention, film critics are hopeless these days, they are still lost with old movies of the 70s, over-complex concepts and long winded storylines. They should be kicked off and not allowed to review a single movie, EVER!! Until they get it, what's new and what sells!!!
    It's about catchy, it's about excitement, it's about straight to the point, it's about mystic over the questions we
    all will ask!! Who is number 5??? Guess, they won't tell!! In every way, this movie delivered, to the MODERN crowd, not to the OLD MAN WHO STILL STICKS TO 70's classics!! Come on, move on, old man!!! Expand
  22. Mar 28, 2011
    This movie was super exciting, the plot was well done and super impressive visuals. Usually movies based off of books are abominations but this one was done exceptionally well. I can't wait for the second one.
  23. Mar 27, 2011
    great movie!! dont see why any people would hate it, i mean its so much better than another ya adaptations, like twilight. twilight was rubbish and downright crap. on the other hand, i am number four has such a great cast. love teresa palmer and alex pettyfer. they had so much energy, unlike the ghost like cast of twilight, who does not even need makeup to look like vampires. its like the best cast ever. teresa and agron were so cute with two very contrasting personalities, which is a great comparison and also augments the fact that pettyfer wants a normal life instead of the frantic life that he has now.
    pettyfer was also very very handsome too.

GREAT MOVIE!!
  24. May 30, 2011
    Great movie and hope they make a sequel. Dumb critics only like it if its some 'indie hipster, going to shoot myself after I write in my diary, while fighting the man' movie. That, or twilight. This movie was great from start to finish, read what the real people say about this movie, or as usual, read what the critics say and do the complete opposite. It baffles me how these guys have a job. They probably have 'Milk' playing on repeat in their office. Another bang up job boys. Expand
  25. Feb 23, 2013
    I Am Number Four, was everything I expected and more, I was completly blown away. It is a refreshingly original story about 9 aliens hiding on Earth, from the creatures who destroyed their home planet. These 9 have special powers that threaten these creatures, and they have set out to kill them, but for some unknown reason, must do it in order. Alex Pettyfer is Number Four and the next one in line. Pettyfer was absolutely incredible, having come such a long way since his last major role as Alex Rider. Newcomer Callan McAuliffe is also very likeable as sidekick Sam. I've never seen him in anything before, but he gives the story an added bonus and much needed side story. Many critics bashed this film, saying it was an alien version of Twilight, but it couldn't be further from the truth. I Am Number Four isn't focused on the love aspect, a lot of action occurs and the story actually progresses, and this film isn't dark and narrow minded, the way the Twilight films have been. I Am Number Four kept my attention and interest throughout. I connected to the story and the characters as well as the actors, and I have no problem saying it is one of the best Science Fiction films I have a seen in years! ...and for those who feel the same way, the book sequel, The Power of Six will be released on August 23, and with any luck will hit the big screen next summer. Expand
  26. Mar 3, 2012
    OMG! I Am Number Four is a really great adaptation, is a fantastic film, yes have some problems, but is perfect, the cast is ncredible, the characters be like the characters of the book, and the story is amazing. This is a new classic.
  27. Dec 3, 2013
    Aliens, super powers, eye candy. Maybe I'm shallow. Love the book series. The movie was fairly accurate. Hope they make all of the books into movies. AROO!
  28. Jan 2, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Was kinda slow in the beginning but was very great in the end. I am quite sad that there has not been a second movie. I really hope the director would seriously consider a sequel to the first.

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Feb 26, 2011
    If you can make it through the bland schmaltz of the first half you'll be rewarded with a spectacular blast of sustained action and the promise of even better to come. This could be the start of something great.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Feb 21, 2011
    The recycling goes as deep as the dialogue, which is a mangled and blended refrain of clichés.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    Feb 21, 2011
    Four is so cobbled with bits of other sci-fi and comic-book movies, there's little to distinguish it.