6.9

1. GnarlesS.
    Aug 24, 2009
    How can such a funny book be made into this dreg? The male lead was awful and the dialogue was unfunny. This is the kind of movie that makes everyone in the audience think, "I could write movies a lot better than this!"
  2. IzzyC
    Jul 30, 2009
    One of the worst movies i have ever seen, the lead (Paul Rust) was unbearable to watch and the funniest part of the movie was the credits were they showed the pictures of everyone who worked on the movie in there high school pictures.
  3. RickyQ
    Jul 14, 2009
    I went into this with very low expectations which were met, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. The problem here is that the movie is neither very funny nor sweet. Teen humour has been done much better before, though there are a few chuckles here and there. The chemistry between the two main characters is also non-existent. I was surprised to find that this boring movie was I went into this with very low expectations which were met, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. The problem here is that the movie is neither very funny nor sweet. Teen humour has been done much better before, though there are a few chuckles here and there. The chemistry between the two main characters is also non-existent. I was surprised to find that this boring movie was written by former Simpsons writer Larry Doyle. If your a big Hayden Panettiere fan (as I am) you might get some enjoyment from this movie, but it's still not worth the price of admission. Expand
  4. RamB.
    Oct 18, 2009
    Besides being too obvious, some dialogues are weak even for teen movie standards. Plus, the plot really doesn't decide: is it an action movie, a renewed love story or just a silly comedy? Sadly, Chris Columbus's latest effort should have been a straight to TV movie.
  5. May 29, 2011
    I found it pretty cool the way Chris Columbus knew dealing with cliches. The movie while it has very funny scenes, and has nostalgic scenes, very well made. For real, for me the film is a tribute to the great movies of the afternoon session of the the 80's. The aesthetic is the same, the common situations. Instead of the current cliché is that in high school musical movie, theI found it pretty cool the way Chris Columbus knew dealing with cliches. The movie while it has very funny scenes, and has nostalgic scenes, very well made. For real, for me the film is a tribute to the great movies of the afternoon session of the the 80's. The aesthetic is the same, the common situations. Instead of the current cliché is that in high school musical movie, the guy made a movie to remember the 80's, has something better than this? Expand

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Joyless, offensively stupid end-of-high-school farce.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Although the teenage audience is notoriously undiscriminating, it's hard to imagine many kids turning out for this laugh-free comedy.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Peaks early -- like, during the first three minutes -- and rapidly goes downhill from there.