7.4

1. Sep 20, 2013
    This movie sucks balls.

Here's the problem: the film features a surprisingly awesome fandom for the band Rush's f*cking righteous 2112 album. The dude's studio has MULTIPLE POSTERS for 2112, him and his gay friend JAM OUT with some Rush songs, and Rush is ACTUALLY IN the f*cking movie! In the flesh!

You might say "Well that's a pretty good f*cking setup to bring the thunder!" and
    during my watching of this film, I would have agreed, BUT

Nothing from 2112 appears in this film. Not a single note. I Love You, Man gave me massive 2112 blue balls. It raised my hopes and then gave me a generic romantic comedy featuring multiple dog shats. Now I love comedies and I love Rush but apparently the two were never meant to meet.

Better luck next time, aholes.
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    With an hilarious cast, I Love You, Man hits all the right buttons for all the right reasons.
    This film poses quite a simple premise, a bromance. We all have that one 'bro', for random drunken talks, fights, secrets, women etc. The problem for LA estate agent Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd) is that that perfect guy friend has eluded him for most of his life.
    The backbone for this ridiculous
    yet simply brilliant concept is that Peter is getting married, and the discovery of his relatively friendless life from his fiancée Zooey, (Rashida Jones) his brother Robbie, (Andy Samberg) and his dad (J.K Simmons) sets in motion the search for the perfect best friend to be his best man.
    Through an array of different 'dates,' (one particularly hilarious gay encounter with the comedic Thomas Lennon) this film used a different approach to a run of the mill best friend story,in maintains the romance element for comedy purpose as obviously this isn't a mainstream romance.
    Rudd then happens across the eccentric Sydney Fife(Jason Segel) who has the demeanour of a hapless monkey who is trying to find his way in the world.
    Through this meeting sets off a chain of events involving hilarious nicknames, Rush concerts and a 'dude corner' hand lotion and tissues included!
    Director John Hamburg utilises dead pan humour with site gags which work in this light-hearted comedy's favour
    We also can't forget excellent supporting cast turn ins from Jon Favreau,(Iron Man) Jamie Pressly and a larger than life extended cameo from the original Hulk himself Lou Ferrigno playing himself, as Rudd is trying to sell his house.
    Segel as usual dives into his comedy persona of Fife, his clear improvisation scenes alongside Rudd are arguably the best scenes of the film, JK Simmons delivers an hilarious performance as Rudd's dad.
    This is a different take on a best friend comedy that definitely hits the spot.
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    In Jon Hamburg's "I Love You, Man", he successfully creates a hilarious and delightfully relatable bromantic comedy. "I Love You, Man" tells the story of Peter Klaven (Rudd), a man who has just proposed to his girlfriend and finds himself in a bit of a predicament. He feels that, throughout his life, he has never had an individual that he could call his best friend, so he takes it upon himself to find one. After many failed attempts at finding a guy to call his pal, he gives up and ends up meeting Sydney Fife (Segel). Hilarity ensues. Now, I'm gonna' start off by saying that when Paul Rudd and Jason Segel first start to hang out with one another, it is one of the most awkward friendships I've ever seen. It's still funny, but hard to watch at times. After this awkward phase though, the chemistry between Rudd and Segel really starts to shine, and then the laughs begin to roll in. At this point, the writing really starts to pick up as well. Also, the band "Rush" was used as a plot device for the film - I found this to be extremely unique and it was awesome to see Rudd and Segel's characters bond over their music. With a solid script, unforgettable chemistry between it's leads, and a memorable premise, "I Love You, Man" makes for an amazing comedy that I won't soon forget. Expand
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    I Love You, Man might be the best comedy of the decade. It's gross, it's sweet, and at times it's sneakily subtle. I delivers the goods. Plus a whole lot more.
  5. Aug 25, 2012
    I enjoy Jason Segal's work all the time and this film is no exception. He works very well with Paul Rudd to produce a great comedy about friendship more than romance. Rashida Jones is ok but I really felt as if she was overshadowed by pretty much every other character. Andy Samberg is hilarious even though normally I find him to be stupid. Unfortunately for this film, it will forever be overshadowed by The Hangover. Expand
  6. Jun 1, 2012
    Even though the chemistry between the two male leads (played by actors Paul Rudd & Jason Segal) was one of the better aspects of the film, I couldn't help but feel 'I Love You, Man' could have been much better explored - particularly the back story of Segal's character. This feature is good, not great, excellent or astonishing funny but it is fine for what it is. The supporting cast were decent but this picture is essentially a two-man show even though the "bromance" seemed to have been somewhat rushed along with the overall running time of the movie. Expand
  7. May 3, 2012
    I was blown away with how fantastic this movie is, I remember seeing the trailers and thinking it looked awful, but I'm a huge Paul Rudd fan and when I heard he was in this I figured I would give it a shot, and I;m glad I did, it's hilarious, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel and everyone else in this movie gave phenomenal performances, go out and watch this as fast as you can.
  8. Feb 22, 2012
    I love this movie. The cast is great, the plot simple and the jokes are smart. Paul Rudd and Jason Segal have brilliant chemistry as do Rudd and Rashidia Jones. The Happy Hippy Soundtrack from Artists such as Vampire Weekend and Spoon. If your a fan of Judd Apatow Comedies then this movie is for you.
  9. Dec 31, 2011
    Jason Segel and Paul Rudd give very charming and funny performances. To help with that it is very cleverly written and just hilarious and the interesting premise pays off. I give this movie 79%.
  10. Nov 23, 2011
    Funniest movie I've ever seen. Paul Rudd gets an Oscar snub for me. He's incredibly awkward in a funny way. Same goes to Jason Segel and the relentlessly funny supporting cast
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    I thought it was ok but the long run time ruined it. While it featured more then a few hilarious moments, The run time made the film more then dull in quite a few parts and streched it out longer then it had to be. The cast was solid too. If you can sit through the film, I am sure you probably enjoyed it.
  12. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Jason Segal and Paul Rudd make this movie period. Without them this would be your average run of the mill Hollywood stinker, instead they make it a memorable laugh fest.
  13. Jun 12, 2011
    here really isn't anything special about this movie but it works. The acting is very solid and it has some very funny moments that are just fantastic. There are some issues however, the movie has the opportunity to take on some major issues that occur early on in relationships but the movie just kind of backs away from it. The movie also doesn't really have a solid plot but it makes itself work with out it. Overall this movie is worth a watch and a lot of fun. Expand
  14. May 25, 2011
    great movie I love how they bring back Rush I love they have socially awkward guy when he is around men I just thought it was great movie every one should watch it
  15. Apr 30, 2011
    As close to perfect as I think a comedy can be, I Love You Man is very enjoyable watching. Many of the scenes are fantastically funny and this comedy does not require gross-out comedy to get its laughs (which is refreshing). Nevertheless, it had me and all of my friends in stitches when we saw it at the cinema. Both understated and brilliant, everyone should find something to enjoy in this movie.
  16. Feb 2, 2011
    The films only real trick is disguising it'self as a laugh out loud Judd apatow film when all it is is a sporadically funny, uninmaginatively raunchy comedy that hits so many" awkard moment" targets you can't even count them. There are some chuckles, but that's pretty much all this bromantic comedy has to offer.
  17. Nov 3, 2010
    What I loved most about this movie, besides the laugh out loud comedy and brilliant acting by Jason Segel, was how true to real life it was. The writing and acting make this feel more like a true-life culture study than a blockbuster comedy. A well-done observation on the condition of the modern man, in my opinion.
  18. Aug 23, 2010
    Man gets engaged, doesn't have any friends, sets out to find "Best Man".
    Enjoyable comedy in the mould of Knocked Up, Sarah Marshall, etc which sees Paul Rudd & Jason Segel working well together & has a great supporting cast.
    Moves between gross, awkward, funny & sentimental & it's got Lou Ferrigno as himself so worth a star alone for that!!
    Slappin' da bass, man!!!!
  19. Aug 17, 2010
    I Love You, Man has done the impossible- it has surpassed the last great comedy of this Apatow-controlled era, Forgetting Sarah Marshall (if by only a narrow margin), and has cemented itself in history as one of the funniest movies I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. What makes this film stand out so much amidst an array of other excellent funny movies? For one, there is a character relationship dynamic in this film that is unrivaled in any other comedy- a relationship that is, weirdly, best compared to the rapport between the leads in any rom com. You see, while this film is not technically a romantic comedy per se, it is most definitely the very definition of a bromance film. Not since Fight Club has there been a stranger friendship between two men than there is between Sydney Fefe (Jason Segel) and Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd). As the movie starts to build up speed and Sydney is brought into the mix, this film takes off and runs with the admittedly thin premise. Literally, the latter three-quarters of the film revolve around the trials and tribulations of being in a bromantic relationshipâ Expand

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    It's a rare comedy that actually grows funnier on reflection. It benefits enormously from the talents of the two stars.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A Judd Apatow clone that's one of the few recent R-rated raunch fests the ubiquitous auteur of larky crudeness actually had nothing to do with, I Love You, Man cranks out the kind of lowball humor that makes you gag on your own laughs.
  3. I Love You, Man is totally formulaic, but the formula is unnervingly (and hilariously) inside out.