8.0

1. Nov 22, 2014
    I will never get tired of I Love You Man. Jason Segel and Paul Rudd work so great together and their relationship remind me of myself and one of my friends. Laugh out loud funny. I would like to see Segel and Rudd working with each other again, although they did in This is 40 they didn't really quite have as much interaction as I would have liked. I love them going crazy over Rush and allI will never get tired of I Love You Man. Jason Segel and Paul Rudd work so great together and their relationship remind me of myself and one of my friends. Laugh out loud funny. I would like to see Segel and Rudd working with each other again, although they did in This is 40 they didn't really quite have as much interaction as I would have liked. I love them going crazy over Rush and all their shenanigans, it comes to show how one person can completely change your personality as soon as you get to know them. Expand
  2. Apr 27, 2014
    This movie was very funny and light-hearted. Paul Rudd and Jason Segel work very well together and create an excellent bromance. The way they meet is very funny, and Paul Rudd's girlfriend pushing him to go out makes for a very funny scene. All of the scenes where the characters are just hanging out and having fun are very light-hearted and make you feel good. I also very much appreciatedThis movie was very funny and light-hearted. Paul Rudd and Jason Segel work very well together and create an excellent bromance. The way they meet is very funny, and Paul Rudd's girlfriend pushing him to go out makes for a very funny scene. All of the scenes where the characters are just hanging out and having fun are very light-hearted and make you feel good. I also very much appreciated how the movie truly focused on the bromance, and not too much on Rudd's relationship. The movie seemed very real, and there were no boring parts. Excellent, I recommend viewing. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    This movie sucks balls.

Here's the problem: the film features a surprisingly awesome fandom for the band Rush's f*cking righteous 2112 album. The dude's studio has MULTIPLE POSTERS for 2112, him and his gay friend JAM OUT with some Rush songs, and Rush is ACTUALLY IN the f*cking movie! In the flesh! You might say "Well that's a pretty good f*cking setup to bring the thunder!" and
    This movie sucks balls.

You might say "Well that's a pretty good f*cking setup to bring the thunder!" and during my watching of this film, I would have agreed, BUT

Nothing from 2112 appears in this film. Not a single note. I Love You, Man gave me massive 2112 blue balls. It raised my hopes and then gave me a generic romantic comedy featuring multiple dog shats. Now I love comedies and I love Rush but apparently the two were never meant to meet.

Better luck next time, aholes.
  4. Jan 12, 2013
    With an hilarious cast, I Love You, Man hits all the right buttons for all the right reasons.
    This film poses quite a simple premise, a bromance. We all have that one 'bro', for random drunken talks, fights, secrets, women etc. The problem for LA estate agent Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd) is that that perfect guy friend has eluded him for most of his life.
    The backbone for this ridiculous
    The backbone for this ridiculous yet simply brilliant concept is that Peter is getting married, and the discovery of his relatively friendless life from his fiancée Zooey, (Rashida Jones) his brother Robbie, (Andy Samberg) and his dad (J.K Simmons) sets in motion the search for the perfect best friend to be his best man.
    Through an array of different 'dates,' (one particularly hilarious gay encounter with the comedic Thomas Lennon) this film used a different approach to a run of the mill best friend story,in maintains the romance element for comedy purpose as obviously this isn't a mainstream romance.
    Rudd then happens across the eccentric Sydney Fife(Jason Segel) who has the demeanour of a hapless monkey who is trying to find his way in the world.
    Through this meeting sets off a chain of events involving hilarious nicknames, Rush concerts and a 'dude corner' hand lotion and tissues included!
    Director John Hamburg utilises dead pan humour with site gags which work in this light-hearted comedy's favour
    We also can't forget excellent supporting cast turn ins from Jon Favreau,(Iron Man) Jamie Pressly and a larger than life extended cameo from the original Hulk himself Lou Ferrigno playing himself, as Rudd is trying to sell his house.
    Segel as usual dives into his comedy persona of Fife, his clear improvisation scenes alongside Rudd are arguably the best scenes of the film, JK Simmons delivers an hilarious performance as Rudd's dad.
    This is a different take on a best friend comedy that definitely hits the spot.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    In Jon Hamburg's "I Love You, Man", he successfully creates a hilarious and delightfully relatable bromantic comedy. "I Love You, Man" tells the story of Peter Klaven (Rudd), a man who has just proposed to his girlfriend and finds himself in a bit of a predicament. He feels that, throughout his life, he has never had an individual that he could call his best friend, so he takes it uponIn Jon Hamburg's "I Love You, Man", he successfully creates a hilarious and delightfully relatable bromantic comedy. "I Love You, Man" tells the story of Peter Klaven (Rudd), a man who has just proposed to his girlfriend and finds himself in a bit of a predicament. He feels that, throughout his life, he has never had an individual that he could call his best friend, so he takes it upon himself to find one. After many failed attempts at finding a guy to call his pal, he gives up and ends up meeting Sydney Fife (Segel). Hilarity ensues. Now, I'm gonna' start off by saying that when Paul Rudd and Jason Segel first start to hang out with one another, it is one of the most awkward friendships I've ever seen. It's still funny, but hard to watch at times. After this awkward phase though, the chemistry between Rudd and Segel really starts to shine, and then the laughs begin to roll in. At this point, the writing really starts to pick up as well. Also, the band "Rush" was used as a plot device for the film - I found this to be extremely unique and it was awesome to see Rudd and Segel's characters bond over their music. With a solid script, unforgettable chemistry between it's leads, and a memorable premise, "I Love You, Man" makes for an amazing comedy that I won't soon forget. Expand
  6. Nov 12, 2012
    I Love You, Man might be the best comedy of the decade. It's gross, it's sweet, and at times it's sneakily subtle. I delivers the goods. Plus a whole lot more.
  7. Aug 25, 2012
    I enjoy Jason Segal's work all the time and this film is no exception. He works very well with Paul Rudd to produce a great comedy about friendship more than romance. Rashida Jones is ok but I really felt as if she was overshadowed by pretty much every other character. Andy Samberg is hilarious even though normally I find him to be stupid. Unfortunately for this film, it will forever beI enjoy Jason Segal's work all the time and this film is no exception. He works very well with Paul Rudd to produce a great comedy about friendship more than romance. Rashida Jones is ok but I really felt as if she was overshadowed by pretty much every other character. Andy Samberg is hilarious even though normally I find him to be stupid. Unfortunately for this film, it will forever be overshadowed by The Hangover. Expand
  8. Jun 1, 2012
    Even though the chemistry between the two male leads (played by actors Paul Rudd & Jason Segal) was one of the better aspects of the film, I couldn't help but feel 'I Love You, Man' could have been much better explored - particularly the back story of Segal's character. This feature is good, not great, excellent or astonishing funny but it is fine for what it is. The supporting cast wereEven though the chemistry between the two male leads (played by actors Paul Rudd & Jason Segal) was one of the better aspects of the film, I couldn't help but feel 'I Love You, Man' could have been much better explored - particularly the back story of Segal's character. This feature is good, not great, excellent or astonishing funny but it is fine for what it is. The supporting cast were decent but this picture is essentially a two-man show even though the "bromance" seemed to have been somewhat rushed along with the overall running time of the movie. Expand
  9. May 3, 2012
    I was blown away with how fantastic this movie is, I remember seeing the trailers and thinking it looked awful, but I'm a huge Paul Rudd fan and when I heard he was in this I figured I would give it a shot, and I;m glad I did, it's hilarious, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel and everyone else in this movie gave phenomenal performances, go out and watch this as fast as you can.
  10. Feb 22, 2012
    I love this movie. The cast is great, the plot simple and the jokes are smart. Paul Rudd and Jason Segal have brilliant chemistry as do Rudd and Rashidia Jones. The Happy Hippy Soundtrack from Artists such as Vampire Weekend and Spoon. If your a fan of Judd Apatow Comedies then this movie is for you.
  11. Dec 31, 2011
    Jason Segel and Paul Rudd give very charming and funny performances. To help with that it is very cleverly written and just hilarious and the interesting premise pays off. I give this movie 79%.
  12. Nov 23, 2011
    Funniest movie I've ever seen. Paul Rudd gets an Oscar snub for me. He's incredibly awkward in a funny way. Same goes to Jason Segel and the relentlessly funny supporting cast
  13. Nov 22, 2011
    I thought it was ok but the long run time ruined it. While it featured more then a few hilarious moments, The run time made the film more then dull in quite a few parts and streched it out longer then it had to be. The cast was solid too. If you can sit through the film, I am sure you probably enjoyed it.
  14. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Jason Segal and Paul Rudd make this movie period. Without them this would be your average run of the mill Hollywood stinker, instead they make it a memorable laugh fest.
  15. Jun 12, 2011
    here really isn't anything special about this movie but it works. The acting is very solid and it has some very funny moments that are just fantastic. There are some issues however, the movie has the opportunity to take on some major issues that occur early on in relationships but the movie just kind of backs away from it. The movie also doesn't really have a solid plot but it makes itselfhere really isn't anything special about this movie but it works. The acting is very solid and it has some very funny moments that are just fantastic. There are some issues however, the movie has the opportunity to take on some major issues that occur early on in relationships but the movie just kind of backs away from it. The movie also doesn't really have a solid plot but it makes itself work with out it. Overall this movie is worth a watch and a lot of fun. Expand
  16. May 25, 2011
    great movie I love how they bring back Rush I love they have socially awkward guy when he is around men I just thought it was great movie every one should watch it
  17. Apr 30, 2011
    As close to perfect as I think a comedy can be, I Love You Man is very enjoyable watching. Many of the scenes are fantastically funny and this comedy does not require gross-out comedy to get its laughs (which is refreshing). Nevertheless, it had me and all of my friends in stitches when we saw it at the cinema. Both understated and brilliant, everyone should find something to enjoy in this movie.
  18. Feb 2, 2011
    The films only real trick is disguising it'self as a laugh out loud Judd apatow film when all it is is a sporadically funny, uninmaginatively raunchy comedy that hits so many" awkard moment" targets you can't even count them. There are some chuckles, but that's pretty much all this bromantic comedy has to offer.
  19. Nov 3, 2010
    What I loved most about this movie, besides the laugh out loud comedy and brilliant acting by Jason Segel, was how true to real life it was. The writing and acting make this feel more like a true-life culture study than a blockbuster comedy. A well-done observation on the condition of the modern man, in my opinion.
  20. Aug 23, 2010
    Man gets engaged, doesn't have any friends, sets out to find "Best Man".
    Enjoyable comedy in the mould of Knocked Up, Sarah Marshall, etc which sees Paul Rudd & Jason Segel working well together & has a great supporting cast.
    Moves between gross, awkward, funny & sentimental & it's got Lou Ferrigno as himself so worth a star alone for that!!
    Slappin' da bass, man!!!!
  21. Aug 17, 2010
    I Love You, Man has done the impossible- it has surpassed the last great comedy of this Apatow-controlled era, Forgetting Sarah Marshall (if by only a narrow margin), and has cemented itself in history as one of the funniest movies I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. What makes this film stand out so much amidst an array of other excellent funny movies? For one, there is a characterI Love You, Man has done the impossible- it has surpassed the last great comedy of this Apatow-controlled era, Forgetting Sarah Marshall (if by only a narrow margin), and has cemented itself in history as one of the funniest movies I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. What makes this film stand out so much amidst an array of other excellent funny movies? For one, there is a character relationship dynamic in this film that is unrivaled in any other comedy- a relationship that is, weirdly, best compared to the rapport between the leads in any rom com. You see, while this film is not technically a romantic comedy per se, it is most definitely the very definition of a bromance film. Not since Fight Club has there been a stranger friendship between two men than there is between Sydney Fefe (Jason Segel) and Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd). As the movie starts to build up speed and Sydney is brought into the mix, this film takes off and runs with the admittedly thin premise. Literally, the latter three-quarters of the film revolve around the trials and tribulations of being in a bromantic relationshipâ Expand
  22. R.Lopez
    Oct 9, 2009
    I don't usually watch comedies, I particularly don't really care for them. I guess it's becuase I can't find one that's smart, has good acting and actually has good jokes. This film had all that and some more thrown in there for extra measures.
    I Love You, Man was funny, charming, lighthearted and had a great sense of brotherly love. This movie was great for me becuase my friends are my bros and this was a cool movie for me to watch and think of all the stuff that Peter and Sydney do are some of the stuff me and my friends have done, most of it not all of it. But it did give you a great story as well as a good time it works it's brotherly type of charm on you and it won't let you go or let you stop laughing until the very end. It meant allot to me in the terms of it premise but then it didn't, I mean I do think it does apply to what male friendship is and then again I don't. I mean doing stupid stuff is all apart of being a guy and jamming out in your brother from another mother's garage is cool but not the main focal point of being a friend. But after you get past the dumb stuff then it gives you a true look at what being a true friend is.

Paul Rudd does fantastic here and in my opinion turns in one of his best comic performances since Clueless and Role Models, Jason Segel(who I didn't like until I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall.) was also fantastic here. But his crude and nasty style soon takes it's tole on you and it get's annoying. But all in all the both of them put on a great comedic show.

I Love You, Man is quirky and unusual, funny and touching and at the same time raunchy( bu not too raunchy. ) it gives a great story of brotherly love and shows you what a bromance looks like and how sometimes it can be funny and ridiculous at the same time. All in all this movie was a major caliber above the bar of regular comedies and that makes it gold among them. I love You, Man is one friendship you don't want to turn down and if you over look some things in it i promise you this film will make you laugh like no other comedy can. All in all I Love You, Man delivers.
  23. SomC
    Sep 5, 2009
    This film was mediocre and was obviously made for the 50+ crowd. The characters are witless, bland and two dimensional. The humor is very reserved, clearly trying cater to a wide audience. There a couple good jokes but for the most part, the film feels painfully awkward, like watching a high school play. I watched this film based on the metacritic scores and felt totally betrayed.This film was mediocre and was obviously made for the 50+ crowd. The characters are witless, bland and two dimensional. The humor is very reserved, clearly trying cater to a wide audience. There a couple good jokes but for the most part, the film feels painfully awkward, like watching a high school play. I watched this film based on the metacritic scores and felt totally betrayed. Generally for comedy flicks, wide critical acclaim is a bad thing because there are a lot of people in the world with no sense of humor or at least a very boring one. Chose your comedies by looking at who was involved in making it, whether the main characters are comedians you find funny, and look for something scoring between 50 and 60.

I give this film a 5 out of 10 because everything about it feels phoned in, and lacking in effort. Boring main character, boring supporting actor, boring movie. The only funny people in this film are Jane Curtin and J. K. Simmons.
  24. kun
    Aug 30, 2009
    Absolutely hilarious movie in 2009 and as I need to get some positive factors for my current life, as well as two guys express theirs true thought.
  25. NatalieG
    Aug 29, 2009
    I rented this movie based on the metascore and my husband and I kept looking at each other wondering who was going to turn off the TV first and go wash the dishes. It was insultingly stupid. Not even stupid-funny. Boring.
  26. LonteriusD
    Aug 17, 2009
    I thought that this movie was very clever and entertaining. Great cast from top to bottom. I absolutely loved J.K. Simmons, he was hysterical. This movie is definitely a must see.
  27. MichaelB
    Aug 16, 2009
    The comedy is a lot more intelligent than what you'd think. Paul Rudd delivered extremely well and the movie turned out great. If you liked Knocked Up or The 40-Year-Old Virgin, this is just as good.
  28. DanC
    Aug 12, 2009
    Very funny while also being warm and heartfelt, but never saccharine. Unlike many contemporary comedies, it doesn't despise its characters or revel in being cruel to them. Instead, it lets the story unfold with a lot of laughs and some real insights into the male psyche. It may not be deeply profound, but it's an extremely enjoyable and engaging comedy, done in a first-rate way. Very funny while also being warm and heartfelt, but never saccharine. Unlike many contemporary comedies, it doesn't despise its characters or revel in being cruel to them. Instead, it lets the story unfold with a lot of laughs and some real insights into the male psyche. It may not be deeply profound, but it's an extremely enjoyable and engaging comedy, done in a first-rate way. Hurray for this movie! Expand
  29. EvinC
    Aug 12, 2009
    Funny. I like Rudd and Segel and I felt this film was very heartfelt. It was just a little plain.
  30. KevinV
    Aug 11, 2009
    There are worse romantic-comedies around, but I Love You, Man is really quite bland. There are some funny moments, however, it's hard to salvage a movie with such a clique premise and such a sappy ending.
  31. JayH.
    Aug 6, 2009
    A marvelous comedy, Paul Rudd is wonderful and superbly cast. J.K. Simmons is great as his father, and Jaime Pressly is excellent in a supporting role. Well written, very entertaining, light and fun. Great pace.
  32. dane
    Jun 5, 2009
    No swing and miss jokes, I haven't been this satisfied leaving a comedy movie in a very long time. HILARIOUS.
  33. DalinN.
    May 29, 2009
    Some decent laughs. I'd prefer to have my money back that to have watched the movie.
  34. HutchStuff
    May 21, 2009
    It always frustrates me when people dismiss films like this because of so called "gross-out" humour. There's a great deal of clever, character-based comedy in I Love You, Man if you check your preconceptions at the door. Just like Knocked Up and Superbad (the best of Apatow's offering's so far) this film marries genuine human humour (not just crude and oafish slapstick as It always frustrates me when people dismiss films like this because of so called "gross-out" humour. There's a great deal of clever, character-based comedy in I Love You, Man if you check your preconceptions at the door. Just like Knocked Up and Superbad (the best of Apatow's offering's so far) this film marries genuine human humour (not just crude and oafish slapstick as some would have you believe) and genuine human sentiment. That's what makes these films work. Jason Segel and Paul Rudd are as good as any comic actors out there. Expand
  35. DanB
    May 21, 2009
    It may have jokes that high-class movie snobs won't love, but the charm of this film is irresistible to anyone else. Rudd's awkwardness is reminiscent of the feeling I get whenever I watch Carrell on The Office, and it's done just as well here. It sometimes seems as if some of Rudd's more awkward lines were improv rather than originally being in the script. The It may have jokes that high-class movie snobs won't love, but the charm of this film is irresistible to anyone else. Rudd's awkwardness is reminiscent of the feeling I get whenever I watch Carrell on The Office, and it's done just as well here. It sometimes seems as if some of Rudd's more awkward lines were improv rather than originally being in the script. The movie's about letting go of social handicapps, so if you can't be comfortable with (hilarious even if you don't want to admit it) jokes based on homosexuality, projectile-vomiting, and dog poop, then either loosen up or don't watch the movie. If you love this movie as much as I did, you'll be quoting Rudd's hilarious socially-inept comments for a while. Expand
  36. patS
    Apr 23, 2009
    It only got a 1 for the sweet last ten minutes. What a waste of time and money. I turned to the person next to me and said mid-way, "These are two precious hours of my life slipping away." Dog poop. Now really, is that funny? How much creativity and wit does it take to come up with that? You know what I most regret? Foreign audiences who will see this and think this is American culture - It only got a 1 for the sweet last ten minutes. What a waste of time and money. I turned to the person next to me and said mid-way, "These are two precious hours of my life slipping away." Dog poop. Now really, is that funny? How much creativity and wit does it take to come up with that? You know what I most regret? Foreign audiences who will see this and think this is American culture - from indiscreet female bonding rituals where the most intimate details of their sex lives are shared to male-bonding that for most of the movie does not go beyond projectile vomiting and beer. What I cannot believe, most of all, is the high reviews this movie go. Oh, Roger Ebert, you have been such a dependable prognosticator for me. Where were you on this one? Expand
  37. BrianT
    Apr 20, 2009
    One of the funnier male "gag" films I've seen in a while, possibly the best since Judd Apatow's "Knocked Up". We actually have an origianal premise here, a straight guy seeking males that I don't recall seeing before. The results are very funny. Not only do we have a funny movie on its own terms, but it operates successfully as a satire on all of the "buddy" movies out One of the funnier male "gag" films I've seen in a while, possibly the best since Judd Apatow's "Knocked Up". We actually have an origianal premise here, a straight guy seeking males that I don't recall seeing before. The results are very funny. Not only do we have a funny movie on its own terms, but it operates successfully as a satire on all of the "buddy" movies out there. It had the right mix of vulgarity and heart. Paul Rudd is a gifted comic actor of the understated variety, I've always enjoyed his performances as side characters. (I even loved his John Lennon in the Dewey Cox movie). And it's not as bad a date movie as some might surmise. Expand
  38. KieranR
    Apr 20, 2009
    This is by no means a bad movie, it is however a cringe-fest. It's hard to watch sometimes because the Peter Klavin character is so socially awkward. I can see the funy side of most of the things he says but I have this overwhelming pity that is just unsettling. I have definately seen better movies and had Peter and Sydney been mates from day one then this may have struck more of a This is by no means a bad movie, it is however a cringe-fest. It's hard to watch sometimes because the Peter Klavin character is so socially awkward. I can see the funy side of most of the things he says but I have this overwhelming pity that is just unsettling. I have definately seen better movies and had Peter and Sydney been mates from day one then this may have struck more of a camaraderie string with me, and thus been one of thise better movies. Saying this, I went with my Girlfriend and she really enjoyed it. Afterwards she gave it a 10 and said it was one of the best films she's seen in a long time (this being someone who thinks Confessions of a Shoppaholic is a 10!!). Things brings me to the conclusion that fellas may find this moderately funny but women will pee their pants and thus, this is a "Buddy movie" for chics!! Expand
  39. BenF
    Apr 16, 2009
    A movie for girls and maybe couples. Some funny parts but not something I would ever see again!
  40. ElliotP
    Apr 11, 2009
    Good acting, cleverly done, but be prepared for crude language.
  41. IamheAsyouarehe
    Apr 8, 2009
    We walked out after the first 40 minutes, so if the last part was terrific, well, we wouldn't know. If you love gross male bonding rituals run amok, including poker games, over-drinking, projectile vomiting and other frat boy tricks, and have a taste for "jokes" that work by attempting to trigger homophobic uneasiness, then you may very well love this horrible film, man.
  42. Kimb
    Apr 4, 2009
    Paul Rudd may be one of the most undervalued comic of our generation. He doesn't get the attention he deserves because his humor is more subtle and witty and his personality is not loud and obnoxious like so many other ADD-afflicted comedians. A lot of scenes in this movie were ad libbed and his comic talent is genius. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard!
  43. mikem
    Apr 3, 2009
    I'm surprised by the meta-score. This movie has a couple of good gags and Paul Rudd is a fantastic actor. But the story's shaky and it's not wall-to-wall laughs by any means.
  44. SaraK
    Mar 31, 2009
    Man. User reviews crack me up. This movie has its pros and cons like pretty much all movies, if you have any taste (and by taste I mean your own personal taste, which if you're human, you have). I enjoyed this movie-- what's that? Yes, enjoyment. How dare I! Why? I could go on for days-- Segel had my heart as Nick in Freaks and Geeks and Rudd in every movie I've ever seen Man. User reviews crack me up. This movie has its pros and cons like pretty much all movies, if you have any taste (and by taste I mean your own personal taste, which if you're human, you have). I enjoyed this movie-- what's that? Yes, enjoyment. How dare I! Why? I could go on for days-- Segel had my heart as Nick in Freaks and Geeks and Rudd in every movie I've ever seen him in. . . however, the main characters were alienatingly affluent, the interiors of the houses looked like Peter and Zooey spent more time on myinteriordecorator dot com than at their jobs, and the females were definitely undermined and not as funny as I know those actresses can be. All the same I would rather fancy seeing anyone who gave this movie a poor score trying to come close to the improv mastery the leads have. Improv is damn hard, and acting well is damn hard. To call it awkward in a negative sense is naive at best. Expand
  45. LynneM
    Mar 31, 2009
    While this move is somewhat raunchy (filled with sexual references and profanity), It is pee in your pants hilarious! Definitely worth seeing if you want a good laugh.
  46. TerenceS
    Mar 30, 2009
    Overall, I think this movie is over hyped, by the critics and the users. Now, I didn't go into it with super high expectations. After seeing it though, I have to say overall that it doesn't stand up to to the 70's rating and the 9's, and 10's people are giving it. Paul Rudd is a great actor, in my opinion, but in this movie he comes off with the awkward humor but Overall, I think this movie is over hyped, by the critics and the users. Now, I didn't go into it with super high expectations. After seeing it though, I have to say overall that it doesn't stand up to to the 70's rating and the 9's, and 10's people are giving it. Paul Rudd is a great actor, in my opinion, but in this movie he comes off with the awkward humor but it seems a little forced at times. Overall, I got a few laughs, but the gags are kind of predictable. Jason Segel is doing his typical brand of comedy. The one thing that makes it all come off without a hitch is that, you can relate to all the characters. All of them seem believable. Overall, a just moderately entertaining movie. Expand
  47. sharonk
    Mar 29, 2009
    This movie was ridiculous, silly, predictable and cliche and not all that funny! What a disappointment.
  48. nate
    Mar 28, 2009
    The chemistry between the two is amazing. this movie is just a warm, feel good, hilarious, best bud movie. One of the best this year so far!
  49. ChrisK
    Mar 26, 2009
    Hilarious movie, once you see this you will be "STRUMMIN DA BASS" all day long!
  50. BobbyC
    Mar 26, 2009
    I Love You, Man is yet another film that falls under the category of "R-Rated comedy with a heart" that has become so popular over the last few years. Taking a break from playing the sour-but-likable type (like he mastered last year in Role Models), Paul Rudd manages to play the awkward nice guy, and shows that he knows more than one way to get his laughs. Jason Segel proves that he I Love You, Man is yet another film that falls under the category of "R-Rated comedy with a heart" that has become so popular over the last few years. Taking a break from playing the sour-but-likable type (like he mastered last year in Role Models), Paul Rudd manages to play the awkward nice guy, and shows that he knows more than one way to get his laughs. Jason Segel proves that he doesn't have to write the movie himself (like he did in Forgetting Sarah Marshall) in order to carry a two-hour comedy on the big screen. Segel's Syndey Fyfe is funny, quirky and honest, sort of a modern day, more realistic Cosmo Kramer. Andy Samberg works well in a supporting role, as do J.K. Simmons, Jon Favreau and Lou Ferrigno (yes really). Not the best of the R-Rated comedies of the last few years, but certainly in the conversation. Expand
  51. TDKinDallas
    Mar 26, 2009
    The funniest movie this year. I was surprised that they did not go down even funnier, raunchier avenues, but it was still great.
  52. ChadS
    Mar 21, 2009
    Lou Ferrigno is not some arbitrary casting choice. "I Love You, Man" employs the Marvel Comics superhero as a metaphorical gauge of the two men's sexual orientation. Under the boardwalk, in the film's most telling scene, one man tries to provoke change in another man; a transformation of Dr. Bruce Banner proportions when the mild-manner man metamorphoses himself into The Lou Ferrigno is not some arbitrary casting choice. "I Love You, Man" employs the Marvel Comics superhero as a metaphorical gauge of the two men's sexual orientation. Under the boardwalk, in the film's most telling scene, one man tries to provoke change in another man; a transformation of Dr. Bruce Banner proportions when the mild-manner man metamorphoses himself into The Incredible Hulk. Sydney Fife(Jason Segel) wants Peter Klaven(Paul Rudd) to get angry. Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, Sydney encourages his new friend to yell, and perhaps unleash the anti-social monster trapped under Peter's skin, which had prevented the real-estate agent from establishing close personal friendships with other males for all these years. On the boardwalk, prior to their secluded moment below the foot traffic of Venice Beach, Sydney acts Hulk-like himself to a beachgoer who objects to stepping into his dog's poop, scaring the beachgoer away with a short burst of unfettered rage. Later in the film, Sydney tries his luck again at coaxing the Hulk out of Peter by displaying his friend in a series of wardrobe changes on ad space that subtly evokes The Village People. When both men finally say, "I love you, man," to each other, the audience isn't sure if "man" denotes an expression of platonic or romantic love. Unlike Frank Oz's "In and Out", the filmmaker keeps things ambiguous to the very end. Expand
  53. i'mnotagoddamnhobbitmybutthole
    Mar 21, 2009
    well...... i liked it a lot. it was an amazing movie. probably best of the year. also..... i'm not a god damn hobbitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lick my balls and suck my dick or i'll cut off your commie suckking ball sacks in my mouth eat a whore you filthy lickling sucking pig. I want to queff in your faces and lick the semen off of your dicks you gay homo. Suck on mywell...... i liked it a lot. it was an amazing movie. probably best of the year. also..... i'm not a god damn hobbitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lick my balls and suck my dick or i'll cut off your commie suckking ball sacks in my mouth eat a whore you filthy lickling sucking pig. I want to queff in your faces and lick the semen off of your dicks you gay homo. Suck on my balls and lick my dick Expand
  54. AtticusD
    Mar 21, 2009
    This movie is SO hilarious, its hard to believe Judd Apatow had nothing to do with it.
  55. KevinC
    Mar 20, 2009
    This movie is hilarious Obviously it is comparable to other Judd Apatow/Seth Rogen comedies because of it's cast but it compares in many other ways as well. It did a great job of using that awkward humor guys like Micheal Cera got famous for and it went where no movie has gone before. It has a great story making it a great movie in general but it's so damn funny! There This movie is hilarious Obviously it is comparable to other Judd Apatow/Seth Rogen comedies because of it's cast but it compares in many other ways as well. It did a great job of using that awkward humor guys like Micheal Cera got famous for and it went where no movie has gone before. It has a great story making it a great movie in general but it's so damn funny! There isn't a 5 minute wait in between GOOD QUALITY JOKES. Overall: This movie is very comparable to the likes of any Judd Apatow movie and movies like Role Models (Also Starring Paul Rudd) If you like Judd Apatow/Seth Rogen... you will love this! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    It's a rare comedy that actually grows funnier on reflection. It benefits enormously from the talents of the two stars.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A Judd Apatow clone that's one of the few recent R-rated raunch fests the ubiquitous auteur of larky crudeness actually had nothing to do with, I Love You, Man cranks out the kind of lowball humor that makes you gag on your own laughs.
  3. I Love You, Man is totally formulaic, but the formula is unnervingly (and hilariously) inside out.