5.2

1. Aug 15, 2014
    Probably one of the funniest comedy i have seen recently.The subject is really original and the actors were actually pretty good.This is the best Adam Sandler's performance.I highly recommend it.
  2. Mar 1, 2014
    The humor in this movie is too juvenile even for Happy Madison standards. It's also an insult to to any gays or lesbians. Adam... what went through your head when you greenlit this film?
  3. Nov 13, 2013
    I Now Pronounce You Cheesy and Lazy.
    To begin with, the premise of the movie is barely ethical and really illogical. The writing is poor, the jokes are purely stereotypes that soon get old. The acting is so-so, and the movie is not entertaining.
  4. Oct 7, 2013
    That's the problem about making movies nowadays; you know some dicks out there are gonna get offended... for some reason. Seriously, you retarded movie critics wrote your review 20 minutes into the movie and assumed it was offensive to gay people. On contrary, it's not. Plus, many of the actors that cameo in the movie are gay in real life so they're obviously fine with it: Lance Bass for example sings at the end.

Sure, there are some rather crude gay jokes but hell, it's a movie; stop taking it so seriously. Why do you try to find every reason to piss yourself off?

Chuck (Adam Sandler) admits at the end during the hearing that he is not gay and is aware that it was wrong and he hurt people. He also states that is not a nice word and that you shouldn't use it.

Fred G. Duncan (Ving Rhames) comes out of the closet on Chuck and states he was inspired to be true to himself; concluding there's no use pretending to be someone your not.

There's a lesson that underlies here... Chuck started off as a giant dickhead that was inconsiderate towards gay people. Then after going through experiences with them such as the Dress Up Party; after realising how the public discriminated against them, he began to develop a more appreciative concern towards them. He became more empathetic towards them; he stood up to the public for gay people.

Larry (Kevin James) begins as an insecure fat guy that has trouble coping with the loss of his wife. Devising the idea of domestic partnership for his children, he begins to show he has trouble coping with the fake relationship with Chuck and is angered whenever Paula is mentioned or mocked. Towards the end of the film, he finally lets go and at the very end, he pursues another love.

Amidst this comedy, the movie blossoms with life lessons; lessons that many dismiss in real life... and it's clear you professional critics are close-minded to any of this. I don't understand how this movie is offensive to people. DID PEOPLE EVEN WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE? DID THEY PAY ATTENTION OR DID THEY JUST PHASE OUT, SEE GAY THINGS HAPPENING AND ASSUME "OH MY GOD, THIS MOVIE OFFENDS ME!!"?

If anything, this movie is an accidental masterpiece of humour, morals and deep insights.
  5. Jul 8, 2013
    A film with a very mixed message that comes off humorless. This is another Adam Sandler disaster he needs to call Paul Thomas Anderson and see if he can save his career.
  6. May 27, 2013
    If you don't take the movie seriously and forget how farfetched it might seem, it comes across as a solid comedy that walks a fine line on gay comedy.
  7. Jan 2, 2013
    I am suprised that both critics and users rated it so low. It was funny and it was a very cute movie and this is coming from a guy. I really enjoyed watching it.
  8. Nov 7, 2012
    115 minutes of unfunny hypocrisy.
  9. Dec 31, 2011
    I think what killed the film (for critics and viewers alike) was that it took on a realistic issue and it showed the issue for exactly what it was - Complete bs. It was nice to see Sandler and James as a duo together and they played their parts very well. There were also quite a few funny (but at times generic) scenes too. I liked this movie and I am suprised that more people dont.

The
    only bad side to it is that it does get a little boring and cheesey. Besides that, It was a rather solid film. Expand
  10. Nov 26, 2011
    If people looked at it with any bias then you would see its actually good and that its about acceptence and not hate. The cast was solid and the film was enjoyable.
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    Really funny and a must watch, I found myself laughing until I couldn't breath many times throughout this movie, and the part of the reason it's so good is because of how well Adam Sandler and Kevin James are at there parts, the acting all around is just fantastic, and it also manages to sneak some morale lessons in there about not making fun of homosexuals which I thought was a nice touch, in the end this is a must see whether your gay or straight, it's hilarious, kind of touching, and fantastic from beginning to end. Expand
  12. Jan 10, 2011
    This movie breaks the cardinal rule of comedies, it's not funny. I didn't even crack a smile once. I just sat wishing it would end. I don't care that it was considered "offensive" (personally, I didn't find it offensive). I'm just pissed I wasted time on this unfunny P.O.S

1. The curious thing here is that Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor rewrote this long-in-development screenplay. Yet the authors of such smart comedies as "Sideways," "About Schmidt" and "Citizen Ruth" can't move the film away from the world of easy laughs and sitcom jokes into a realm where sexual prejudices and presumptions get examined in a whimsical yet insightful manner.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The kind of buddy comedy Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau might have starred in 40 years ago, when the material would have felt less dated, if no less silly.
  3. Reviewed by: Nathan Lee
    Tremendously savvy in its stupid way, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry is as eloquent as "Brokeback Mountain," and even more radical.