I Think I Love My Wife

6.2

1. MarkI.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Mr. Rock takes on having everything to do with a movie he can. It seems, though, that he tries to hard to be a multi-talented man instead of focusing on making a good comedy-romance-drama. It falls flat, despite some potential. It contains little plot and little progress in its conflict and character development and its jokes just do not work very well.
  2. Claire
    Mar 12, 2007
    Washington deserves an Oscar nomination for highlighting this movie with her hilarity, sas and brilliance. But the movie deserves a Razzie nomination.
  3. Music
    Mar 12, 2007
    Chris rock, a comic genius on stage, proves once again to be useless with film. Watching him act seems always out of place, because he is not meant to play a part when he himself is an original character simply not meant to imitate. He is not playing a complicated or versatile role here, but he is trying old jokes and bad tricks to achieve unfrequent adult laughs that just don't ring Chris rock, a comic genius on stage, proves once again to be useless with film. Watching him act seems always out of place, because he is not meant to play a part when he himself is an original character simply not meant to imitate. He is not playing a complicated or versatile role here, but he is trying old jokes and bad tricks to achieve unfrequent adult laughs that just don't ring or work. Head of State was even better than this confused film. I respect Chris Rock, but his movies are not very good to me. Expand
  4. RogerF.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Jennifer Hudson is to Dreamgirls as Kerry Washington is to I think I love my wife.
  5. Catherine
    Mar 17, 2007
    Boring and offensive; the brief moments of humor are overwhelmed by a static story that never moves forward. Couldn't get out of the theatre fast enough.
  6. TonyBannana
    Mar 12, 2007
    Chris Rock plays a white businessman. He tries to be funny, but the poor joke is on him. The laughs will last 20 minutes, and then the entire audience will give up. The movie is simply boring and not funny.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Besides Kerry Washington doing a great job, this movie was just not very good. The 2 is for you Kerry!
  8. Roger
    Mar 12, 2007
    Kerry Washington was good but this movie itself deserves no props.
  9. TroyF.
    Mar 12, 2007
    One of the worst black romance comedies of our time. Terrible in every way possible. Confusing yet dull plot, badly written, and jumbled into one big mess.
  10. SolomakiV.
    Boring and predictable.

1. In I Think I Love My Wife, Chris Rock does something entirely unexpected. He isn't funny.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The main drawback is that under director Rock, actor Rock doesn't possess quite the chops to pull off this character, and the humor and flights of fancy are simply too low-key.
    Rock capably directs a screenplay graced with one or two chuckles ("You stare at a soccer mom too long and they'll post your name on the Internet") and soured by a whole lot of misogyny.