6.9

1. Oct 4, 2010
    This film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting down every single joke that made me realise that this film doesn't even work for young children and the humour was predictable and only rarely put a smile on my face. It had its moments, but overall I thought this was a bore. Expand
  2. May 28, 2012
    The graphics are great, especially in 3-D. The plot is okay but boring. The characters and the voice acting is terrible. Ice Age 3 was generally a descent film, but its predecessors are way better.........
  3. Jan 12, 2013
    Ridiculously predictable, corny and extremely childish, Ice Age 3 can only be enjoyed by children or the childish. This movie truly sucks in as many aspects I can think of.
  4. Jan 5, 2013
    Comeone Blue Sky Studios, you're cabable of better than this. Scrat is okay; not as good as in Ice Age 2, I liked the scenes with him and that female Scratte, but don't worry, she doesn't return in Ice Age 4. Now, I really like the idea of exploring an underground world of Dinosaurs and searching for Sid and I really like the story and what Sid does, he is brilliant, Manny and Ellie are excited for their baby and Sid is jealous, so he goes taking 3 Dinosaur eggs to look after them, but he doesn't know how to (obviously) and it turns into a disaster and Sid is taken away, but I think they just ran out of ideas during the script or decided that 1 Dinosaur was appropriate and no other Dinosaurs to get in the way of the search for Sid and that they would have to avoid them, and then they could just not think of much, you will watch this and forget a lot of this in the end and it annoys me they don't even travel far in the underground world. There is only 2 dinosaurs the 2nd one turns up for a minute in the end to attack, it's stupid and a big contradiction towards the title and direction "DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS" a big step back for the Ice Age series. This is supposed to be the underground Dinosaur world not a jungle that happens to have a Dinosaur making babies, I expected better, we should all expect better than this. I like the story, Sid is entertaining and they had great ideas for Ice Age, but they just could not handle it well and especially screwed it up only putting in 1 Dinosaur and no others throughout and that's the main problem. Expand
  5. Jan 28, 2014
    More mundane, incoherent, and jumbled-up than any of the first two, 'Dawn of Dinosaurs' is an unnecessary sequel that permanently destroys the franchise, and any sequels.
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
    The movie isn't by any means spectacular, and can be tiresome at times. The very fact that its Ice Age 3 alone will have many irritated to say the least. It succeeds its comic aspect mainly do to the introduction of a few new characters that are very successful. The adventure exceeds the meltdown and the film flourishes at times. Overall its not good but
    it keeps from being roadkill. Expand
  7. Oct 14, 2014
    The third Ice Age is unfortunately a little bit worse, and feels unrealistic and might confuse kids about actuality, I'll admit that the dinosaurs look cool, and some of the fight scenes are really well done, but other than that there's just nothing.

1. Pretty much any sign of creative life gets left out in the cold in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, the monotonous, strictly by-the-numbers third edition of the wildly lucrative digitally animated franchise.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    With appreciably greater emphasis on action than its predecessors, and clever use of 3-D trickery to enhance storytelling as well as offer spectacle, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs could prove the third time really is the charm.
    It involves some of the best use of 3-D I've seen in an animated feature. It also introduces a masterstroke that essentially allows the series to take place anywhere: There is this land beneath the surface of the earth, you see...