Imaginary Heroes

1. MH
    Jan 23, 2005
    A really awful movie becuase it never made a case for why I should care about some upper middle class white family and how depressed and wretched they are.
  2. MarilynJ
    Feb 11, 2005
    There is so much melodrama and unrealistic events crammed into two hours, it is almost like a parody of a good drama. i think the only reason we did not see spousal abuse and rape tackled is because they ran out of time. it feels like the filmmakers are holding up a big sign begging for an oscar. thankfully even with miss weaver's casting, i do not think anyone is listening.
  3. SarahC.
    Feb 18, 2005
    This movie is just so bad it's hard to describe!!! It is guilty of having contempt for the audience. It thinks we are so naive and dumb that all of these unlikely events and cartoony characters will milk sympathy and tears. But instead, all it got from my audience was bunches of sighs and yawns and people walking out early. I regret staying!

1. A sharply observed tragicomedy that draws laughter as genuinely as it coaxes tears, the nicely paced film tempers its themes of loss and sorrow with a cynically witty edge and is graced by a perfectly pitched Sigourney Weaver performance.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    The film sways awkwardly back and forth between prickly humor and pathos, rarely ringing true in either register.
    The stand-up performance is still that of the mom--Sigourney Weaver, making the most of the meatiest part she's had in years