6.4

1. Jan 6, 2015
    Impostor is one of the lesser known stories by the master of Science Fiction, Philip K. Dick. It is so unknown, that one of his biggest fans, didn't even realize that this film was based on a story by Dick, until I saw it in the credits. As usual, the story is out of this world, as it takes place in the distance future, a future where the Earth is at war with an alien species. This speciesImpostor is one of the lesser known stories by the master of Science Fiction, Philip K. Dick. It is so unknown, that one of his biggest fans, didn't even realize that this film was based on a story by Dick, until I saw it in the credits. As usual, the story is out of this world, as it takes place in the distance future, a future where the Earth is at war with an alien species. This species has the ability to clone humans in such a realistic way, that it is nearly impossible to detect them. Special military investigator, Hathaway (Vincent D'Onofrio), is tasked with figuring out who has been replaced. On the eve of a big announcement by the President, Hathaway intercepts a transmission claiming that her top military adviser, Dr. Spencer Olham (Gary Sinise), has been replaced. When Hathaway confronts Olham, he claims to have no knowledge of this, and unlike previous replicates, he has memories. As Hathaway prepares to eliminate Olham, he escapes to the surface, where he teams up with the exiled citizens who live there. Together they try to prove Olham's innocence, while avoiding being captured by Hathaway. Vincent D'Onofrio stars as Hathaway, and much like his role in Law & Order: Criminal Intent his intensity and determination are infectious. He's paired with Gary Sinise, an actor I'm always disappointed to see in a leading role, and whom always manages to surprise me with a great performance. He isn't what I'd call an action star, and may not have been ideal for the role of Olham, but he was very believable. Impostor was only one of Dick's short stories, but it is every bit as good as his better known works, which of course include; Blade Runner, Total Recall, and Minority Report. If you want to see a unique story that blends Science Fiction, Drama, and Action, look no further than Impostor. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2013
    High tension, continuous running, solid performances and characters whose ordeal poses existential questions characterize this adaptation of Philip Dick's work.
    argonautis.eu
  3. Mar 10, 2011
    I enjoyed that movie, it was fun to watch, and kept me on the edge of my seat. I now believe that reading reviews is completely useless. Inception had great reviews, so did Hurt Locker and Black Swan, but I found those flicks completely unbearable to watch.
    Everybody judge for him (or her)self.

Isn't really a movie, it's only impersonating one.
  2. It's a pleasure to watch a thinking-man's actor like Sinise adapt so easily to this challenge; he even keeps his dignity when forced to participate in the inevitable martial arts-inflected showdown.
  3. The last 15 minutes finally get it together for what passes as a movie experience with a considerable "gotcha!" quotient.