7.6

1. Jun 27, 2011
    its uwe boll directing this ... do i really need to say any more? i didnt even know he directed this crap till the end credits . if i knew in advance i woulda stayed clear of this . its a cheap lord of the rings knock off that looks like its on a B movie budget but yet has some decent actors like jason statham , burt renolds , and a few others . the script is pretty much a mess theits uwe boll directing this ... do i really need to say any more? i didnt even know he directed this crap till the end credits . if i knew in advance i woulda stayed clear of this . its a cheap lord of the rings knock off that looks like its on a B movie budget but yet has some decent actors like jason statham , burt renolds , and a few others . the script is pretty much a mess the diouloge is terrable ... i will say this though .. its deffinitly not uwe bolls worst film by far. you could see far worse wach alone in the dark , house of the dead , postal , or pretty much any thing els this guy has made.so its a tiny step up for him ... very tiny. Expand
  2. May 31, 2011
    This is one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. It looks good, but the acting is absolutely dreadful. It could be considered a comedy because it is so absurdly awful.
  3. Dec 1, 2013
    This is the most star studded B movie (and I'm being generous by calling it a B movie, it's more like a college film project) I've ever seen. OK, I'm not saying it has A list players but it has names you recognize: Burt Reynolds, Jason Statham, and John Rhys-Davies. If you enter with low expectations, this film is good for a laugh (thus the 3 points). If, however, you're expecting anThis is the most star studded B movie (and I'm being generous by calling it a B movie, it's more like a college film project) I've ever seen. OK, I'm not saying it has A list players but it has names you recognize: Burt Reynolds, Jason Statham, and John Rhys-Davies. If you enter with low expectations, this film is good for a laugh (thus the 3 points). If, however, you're expecting an engaging action flick then I'm afraid you should look elsewhere. Expand
  4. Feb 15, 2014
    I found this Boll movie to be very boring. Boring and dull. The kin of boring that makes you fall asleep, and the kind of dull that makes you want to leave. In the name of the King does these things for unfortunately every second of the film. But you have to give the director credit for trying here for it is not all terrible.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 11 Critics

1. Is this movie so god-awful bad that it's hilariously good? Can't be bothered deciding. Figure that's an answer in itself.
  2. It's completely undone by its terrible screenplay, inept direction, oppressive musical score and muddy visual palette.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    A plodding patchwork of derivative fantasy-adventure, medieval production design, risible dialogue, unimpressive CGI trickery and haphazardly edited action sequences.