Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 16, 2010
Universal acclaim based on 3876 Ratings
3,477
Watch Now
AmazingKnightApr 8, 2013
Inception is one of the most complicated and compelling films ever made. Its one of my all time favorite films for many reasons. Its been talked about for years now and it will be talked about for years to come and it truly deserves at leastInception is one of the most complicated and compelling films ever made. Its one of my all time favorite films for many reasons. Its been talked about for years now and it will be talked about for years to come and it truly deserves at least that much. Expand
zied12Aug 21, 2012
definitely one of the best movies of the decade, well written, the story is so capturing, dazzling visual effects, and smart editing and cinematography, hans zimmer's score made it even more enjoyable,
DanOSullivanSep 9, 2012
'Inception' is one of the most unique films I have ever seen. The concept is complex, well thought out and engaging. The visuals are brilliant and really do display HD at it's greatest. The acting is superb, as is the cast. 'Inception', I'Inception' is one of the most unique films I have ever seen. The concept is complex, well thought out and engaging. The visuals are brilliant and really do display HD at it's greatest. The acting is superb, as is the cast. 'Inception', I think, deserves to be called a masterpeice.
The ending also has you asking yourself "Was it a dream?" and that is the greatest part about this film, it provides so much backstory and depth to the characters but still has you questioning the entire thing, allowing the audience to create their own interpretation and conclusion.
joeb242Sep 8, 2012
Christoper Nolan has produced two of the greatest films of the modern times with Inception and The dark knight rises both over 2 hours long. I could have spent about a day in the dream world. Well this is an absolute powerhouse with complexChristoper Nolan has produced two of the greatest films of the modern times with Inception and The dark knight rises both over 2 hours long. I could have spent about a day in the dream world. Well this is an absolute powerhouse with complex ideas that challenge your thinking , ensemble cast of young actors ( Ellen page and JGL) and experienced actors (Michael Caine) and of course the amazing Leo Di Caprio who doesn't seem to make a bad movie, visual effects that when you see it in the big screen the theater offers it feels like you are in the dream world The scenes shot across the world and in complex locations that fit perfectly with the storyline allows you to travel to every destination in your imagination. So many hidden meanings ( sorry no spoilers) and to cap it all of Hans Zimmers music just took it to a new level the best film i have ever seen ( yes multiple times) yet there are probably still things in the movie i am yet to discover. It didn't win the Oscar for best picture but anyone who has enjoyed the same experience with this film i have will understand that it doesn't need to be recognized by anyone else. Inception is Perfection Expand
MetariegelOct 7, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Interesting movie, kinda reminds me of an epic Rage-Comic for some reason. Because it's your real-life problems "epicified" into a movie. And the way you're getting trolled at the end, it's like waking up from a dream. Luckily, I'm intelligent enough to "kind of" understand the movie sequences. Epic movie, go watch it :D Expand
barnet42Oct 15, 2012
Despite its two- and a half-hour length, it flies by and just like a great dream you don't want to wake up from, even after the end credits start, you'll desperately crave five more minutes.
ScreenShadeOct 26, 2012
Inception never fails to deliver its great premise through the stylish narrative, the emotionally captivating characters, and, most of all, the extraordinarily stunning visuals.
JawsLaxerDramaDec 20, 2012
Luckily, I see why people don't like this movie. It's often complex, is long, and can be boring. But... it's original with incredible dialogue. Sure, it's not perfect. I love oscar-winning pictures and I enjoy the best movies possible. ThisLuckily, I see why people don't like this movie. It's often complex, is long, and can be boring. But... it's original with incredible dialogue. Sure, it's not perfect. I love oscar-winning pictures and I enjoy the best movies possible. This isn't a classic, but it's still a pretty good movie with loads to enjoy. Expand
Scamp4553Dec 13, 2013
Inception is the kind of movie that should be recognized as a classic. Creative set pieces, intense action, and wonderful music, all mixed with a one of the most interesting and original concepts in years, all by a director who is the StanleyInception is the kind of movie that should be recognized as a classic. Creative set pieces, intense action, and wonderful music, all mixed with a one of the most interesting and original concepts in years, all by a director who is the Stanley Kubrick of his time. Expand
oblique15Sep 22, 2013
Have you ever had a dream that you woke up from than found out you was still dreaming? In the movie
"Inception," they get real deep inside the dreams. This movie is worth watching for the imagination, and all the crazy things you see, but I found myself wishing it would just end. I just did not care what happened to the characters.
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fictionChristopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fiction film I've ever seen, and, not to mention, one of the greatest films I've ever seen. "Inception" is as much of an sci-fi film as it is an action, drama, or a mystery - it's that multifaceted. The movie features one of the most well thought out plots I've ever seen, featuring an unforgettable cast of colorful characters that are portrayed excellently by their respective actors. In a technical aspect the film is nothing short of brilliant - "Inception" took home most of the technical achievement Oscars at the Academy Awards this year. Another cool facet of the film (one of my favorite aspects of the movie) is the iconic, emotional, and bombastic soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. This is one of those movies that renews my faith in the movie industry, as a whole. Spectacular. Expand
SwatiDec 13, 2013
The subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers toThe subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult parts down our throats through putting the questions we may ask in the mouths of his characters.

Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a fugitive after being suspected in his wife's death. Far from home, he yearns to see his children again. He resorts to use his considerable knowledge about dream states in stealing for various organisations to earn his living. When an opportunity presents itself to clear his name and pave the way for his return home, he jumps at it. But his feelings of guilt about the death of his wife render him unable to let go of her and thus makes him want to keep her alive in his dreams, which messes with his job when she repeatedly interferes.

The movie initially plays with the notion of stealing an idea from someone's brain while they sleep. Then it proposes something even more ludicrous_ planting an idea so that it will take shape and make that person embrace it as their own. This is termed as inception.

Fischer (Cillian Murphy) is heir to a corporation that his rival, Saito (Ken Watanabe), seeks to split. For that purpose the latter hires the expertise of Cobb, who assembles a team that consists of Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), his second-in-command; Eames (Tom Hardy), who impersonates people inside the dreams; and Ariadne (Ellen Page), who designs the dreams.

No movie experience can prepare you for what comes next and you have to rely totally on Nolan's ability to guide us through the maze. But you have to suspend disbelief and accept the movie's logic at face value that his vision is likely to happen in some world that exists somewhere, for there's no fun to be had through questioning things. The characters discuss things that we're likely to experience while we're dreaming, like the way we perceive our environment and time itself. He then uses these to construct an elaborate plot in dreams, in other dreams and dreams. It's not hard to follow. You just have to pay attention to every line uttered.

There's plenty happening to keep us occupied. Shooting, car chases, skiing, rappelling, explosions and so on. No couple of minutes of expository dialogue follows without mind-blowing jolts into electrified action played to booming music. The best sequence has to be a character's solitary stand against a small force inside a revolving and later gravity-less corridor.

The cinematography was masterful. The action was captured splendidly. The visual effects were spectacular_ the best among them a city folding on itself, another one falling to pieces, among others. Hans Zimmer should be credited with composing a spellbinding composition.

The main theme that Nolan tries to discuss is perhaps the relations between parents and children. The main plot follows Fischer's relationship with his dying father, who he has never got along with. Cobb seeks to exploit this to complete the mission assigned to him. Cobb's own longing for his children is contrasted with this.

The editing managed to keep the suspense high throughout the run. When dialogue seemed to lower our guard, it wasn't long before something jumped out at us. Some movies when getting down to the more serious part of the story seem to forget about the pacing altogether, which becomes their undoing. Moments of talking were interlaced with action flawlessly.

While it is clear that Nolan uses the opportunity to arouse as much complex discussions about dream states as James Cameron did with his own and others' ideas in his earliest movies, he still condescends to include as much exposition as possible. Dream states seem to provide a superb platform for gravity defying stunts and the opportunity was not lost on him. He crammed as much action as he could without overriding the most basic of messages. The movie is the most thought-provoking during the first half when we're being educated about the physics and rules of the dream world.

As Star Wars had proven previously, a film may not have to be scientifically correct to be received well both commercially and critically. I don't know if Inception does not depict proper science. People have not let this stop them from watching movies that thrill them before. They aren't going to start now. But for what its worth, Inception has better grasp on science than the former. But it doesn't succeed because of that. It succeeds because it succeeds in entertaining the hell out of us, or me at least.

Some films and literature force us to think out of the box, about things that are not necessarily rooted in reality, and it is only during these times when feelings of awe are most evoked. Inception was successful in doing that.
L34DApr 5, 2013
Awesome movie. Its not a standart movie its quiet special. You really need to think in this movie thats why i like the movie. At the start of the movie i didnt even know what the story will be. What i didnt like was the end, you dont reallyAwesome movie. Its not a standart movie its quiet special. You really need to think in this movie thats why i like the movie. At the start of the movie i didnt even know what the story will be. What i didnt like was the end, you dont really know if he was in the real world or not. There were some nice twist and effects that are rare. Long story short i really like that movie. Best movie like 5 years ago. Expand
worleyjamersDec 8, 2012
Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

My mind has been blown by Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, and now....Inception. Easily alongside the top films of 2010, this film is truly unbelievable in every way. Basically, if you have not seen this film, you have waited way to long, as I did. You must see this film for yourself! There is so much to be said of it, but so few words that can explain it.

The story is simply brilliant, written by Nolan himself. Dream within a dream, within a dream, within a dream......just when you think you got everything sorted out, Nolan dishes an ending that, like the characters, makes the audience rethink everything they just viewed.

AMAZING special effects! I figured that they would be good, but I was blown away. The slow-mo, the rotating rooms, the anti-gravity scenes....awesome!

Also the cast is great! I do not like Leonardo DiCaprio, but has yet to make a movie that I have disliked, so his average at best performances do not bother me. I love Ellen Page. Marion Cotillard is incredible in this film. I also loved seeing Cillian Murphy again in a Nolan film. The role of Michael Caine is cool too.

Great, brilliant, mindblowing movie! Check it out!

I'm still a little unsure about whether this is a 5 Star film. I loved it, BUT....I'm not a big fan of the ending. I get it and understand it, but I don't really like it. When I think of previous Nolan films like Following, Memento, The Prestige, the endings really added to the film. The ending made the film even more perfect than they already were. But here, I didn't feel it. I have only seen it once so I'm going to give it a second viewing before I say more. Still...pretty brilliant!
moviefan1980sJun 12, 2013
A mind blowing film. Great acting, directing, cinematography, storyline, etc. A must see.
arialynxDec 19, 2012
This is my kind of movie. I loved the complexity of the idea presented in the movie: reality, fantasy, memory, deception, dreamscapes, etc. Well crafted storyline & I thought all the actors did a great job playing their characters. Some greatThis is my kind of movie. I loved the complexity of the idea presented in the movie: reality, fantasy, memory, deception, dreamscapes, etc. Well crafted storyline & I thought all the actors did a great job playing their characters. Some great visuals in this movie, especially in the "dreamscapes". The way the movie ended seems to suggest there might be another to follow. But who knows? Expand
survivorfan989Jan 5, 2013
Great concept and performances from the all-star cast meant that Inception pretty much had everything going for it, if only it wasn't so confusing :/ It takes a lot of concentration to work out what's going on but if you can wrap your headGreat concept and performances from the all-star cast meant that Inception pretty much had everything going for it, if only it wasn't so confusing :/ It takes a lot of concentration to work out what's going on but if you can wrap your head around all of that then you may enjoy this more than I did. Having said that, it's still a great film, and visually it is obviously quite remarkable. Overall perhaps a little too confusing for my liking but still one that you have to say you've seen! Expand
BigAlienBossDec 31, 2012
The butt of a thousand "dream within a dream" jokes.

The butt of a thousand "dream within a dream" jokes.

But this is a genuinely slick, fast paced and intelligent film. There are holes if you go looking for them, and the film is unlikely to change your life; but it's cyber punk at its very best nonetheless. Take away the Matrix's kung-fu and post-apocalyptic world, and you've got an idea of what this film is like. Beautiful filming locations to boot.
MeritCobaAug 11, 2015
Inception is a movie that collapsed under its own weight. Not only because it is unnecessary complicated to begin with, but ultimately because the spectacular action scenes ride roughshod over any deeper concepts.
The idea that one can enter
The idea that one can enter another's dream and manipulate it is not new. Nor is the confused blending of what is 'real' or 'unreal'. Nor is the choice for living in a make belief paradise, however fake this paradise is. It is not whether you belief it that matters, but how much you belief in it.
This what the movie is about. The idea that one can implant an idea in someone's consciousness that is so strong that it steers him(or her) towards a desired behavior. In this case to prevent a company from gaining total control over the world's energy sources. It has to be big of course, we want nothing less.
The hero, Cobb, is thus hired by by the business suit Saito to implant an idea into the head of the son of his big competitor, the latter who is a dying man. Cobb has his own reasons for taking the job and so a deal is made.
Now that must have sounded a bit too straight forward.
So to make it more complex, we are served a superfluous first part, that has nothing to do with the main story, other in that it introduces Cobb and Saito to us and some concepts. It is a waste of time which should have gone to the main story.
The center story requires that Cobb kidnap his target and induces him to sleep, and also to enter his dream and then a dream in that dream and then a dream in that dream and even a dream in that dream to pull of the job. Cobb needs a team to do that job as he can't do it all on his own. And that team swells from an original four to six people in all. Not counting the captured son.
Why?
It isn't that, amidst the explosions and the gunfights, there is enough time for some meaningful personal interactions to develop. Indeed, whatever interaction there is, is between Cobb and his wife Mal, yet another figure introduced into the movie, and between Cobb and Ariadne, the other woman in the movie, who, of course, tries to unearth what Cobb is struggling with because the story wants her to(And because she is that other woman?)
Cobb gets cleansed in the end by facing his deeper inner demon Mal on dream layer 4, prodded by necessity and Ariadne. It sounds cool, but it is mostly confusing.
And as if reaching dream layer 4 wasn't deemed to be unbelievably dangerous and impossible to do, -level 3 required a special medicine -, Cobb simply goes into dream layer 5 on a whim. By now the movie has been completely uprooted.
We have been told before that time slows down with each subsequent layer. Hence, at dream level 1 every 5 real time minutes are an hour, at level 2 it is a week, and at level three it is 10 years or something like that. So what is it at level 5? It must be a 1000 years. And to get out of the dream, one needs a kick. So what kick is there at level 5? And if the team can conjure up weapons as happens in one scene, why do they not conjure up a robot army to help them out? And then apparently the team has superhuman fighting skills, for they fight off waves of attackers who are luckily so inadequate that they even miss their targets from ten feet away firing automatic rifles, while getting shot by mere handguns.
Perhaps though, the most disappointing were the mundane dreams. It immediately qualifies the director. Instead of capturing the surrealism and strangeness of dreams, he prefers to deal in explosions.
In the end the movie is dominated by the word too. Too much complexity, too much people, too much explosions. With a smaller cast, a simpler story that centers around the tragedy in Cobb's life it would have been a stronger movie altogether. Now it is just hubris.
A final note: Thumbs up for Ellen Page and Ken Watanabe. Both of them fine actors.
SummersausageJan 14, 2013
An beautiful world of division and similarity that encapsulates the mind to no end. I did'nt like the ending because I thought it was a cop out but a cool psychological action movie that has been the best one in a long time.
BradySmithMay 13, 2013
Perhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings toPerhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressive cinematography, even if you understood the story. I would give his cinematographer's name, but even though I know it, I know I'd spell it wrong. I've heard the movie Paprika had a great influence on Inception so I don't quite know exactly how original it actually is, but rest assured, it's definitely unique among mega budgeted action films. With it's arthouse sensibilities, huge scale, impressive visual effects, ambiguous ending, and enough (possibly) pseudo intellectuality to give Freud a headache, Inception marks a new era in blockbuster filmmaking, and will permanently cling to the deep recesses of your mind. Expand
ArminAfsharAug 10, 2013
its a amazing wonderfully film ,
how can b possible c this masterpiece & u don't want take 10 point to this ?
its a film that never seen b 4 Nolan is a Master in directory a Film specially this kind of movie that include Action Theiler
its a amazing wonderfully film ,
how can b possible c this masterpiece & u don't want take 10 point to this ?
its a film that never seen b 4
Nolan is a Master in directory a Film specially this kind of movie that include Action Theiler stars & so many think that make a great Blockbuster
TheFineBroJan 27, 2013
I can honestly say that Inception is an excelent film and that it has one of my favorite directors, Christopher Nolanm doing the best he can and with great visuals and acting
RuhanJan 31, 2013
A perfect mix of intelligence and originality. Truly a masterpiece.
ninja_dolphinFeb 4, 2013
This movie is enjoyable with a very interesting premise and the fact it takes place within dreams lets the movie do some really cool stuff. The plot is pretty confusing and many of the characters motives were lost on me. But after watching itThis movie is enjoyable with a very interesting premise and the fact it takes place within dreams lets the movie do some really cool stuff. The plot is pretty confusing and many of the characters motives were lost on me. But after watching it for a second time I can forgive the confusing plot and focus on the great characters, fantastic action and great special effects. Expand
forestvilleMar 24, 2013
Obviously, to enjoy this epic, depend on the ability of the public to understand what is happening on the screen, as the narrative structure is based on levels where action takes place simultaneously with mismatches in the speed at which timeObviously, to enjoy this epic, depend on the ability of the public to understand what is happening on the screen, as the narrative structure is based on levels where action takes place simultaneously with mismatches in the speed at which time passes.

Christopher Nolan took ten years to make this film conduct comprising the ability of people to enter the world of dreams. No technological explanations such as "Star Trek" as works of such a feat, so there is a script built like a maze where the goal of Dom Cob (Leonardo DiCaprio) is more valuable than money, but the ways to achieve this are as complex as those dreams where the information is.
In the first hour set the game with the use of visual effects able to keep the mouth open, all depending on the plot demands it and not as mere filler.
People often compare it with Matrix, but they should do so, which as the minutes pass such thinking is diluted to discover that it is an authentic work that deviates from what we have seen before.
The performances are absolutely flawless, the story is more than epic and the visuals, without comment.
Maybe some were disappointed to see the same elements but always served in a maze of ingenious script that the rest will make them feel satisfied.
My Score: 100 Excellent.
tomtom4468Feb 5, 2013
I said that The Dark Knight was Christopher Nolan's masterpiece. I WAS WRONG! This is the best movie EVER! It has an amazing storyline and an equally as amazing cast. if you haven't seen this movie, YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!!!
SebastianRRJun 4, 2013
Una obra maestra en efectos visuales, buen equipo de actores, la actuación de Cotillard me pareció muy buena e intensa, esta película nos sumerge en ese espectacular mundo de sueños.
TrilobiteGJan 10, 2016
Perhaps what I liked the most about Inception, is that from a film making standpoint it is an absolute marvel, directorial wet dream. However, from a story standpoint Inception has a habit of delving (or to be audacious, dreaming) to far intoPerhaps what I liked the most about Inception, is that from a film making standpoint it is an absolute marvel, directorial wet dream. However, from a story standpoint Inception has a habit of delving (or to be audacious, dreaming) to far into it's concept as well as con-skewing itself to Dom Cobb without any massaging to why we have a relationship or a care for his character apart from that he's a father. Don't get me wrong, I like the balls it had to go so far into such a complex idea, the execution is just disappointingly masking pretentious slop. Expand
DeikuzanCrysisAug 10, 2013
It was my favourite Movie. Inception is the best Nolan's movie until now and better than The Dark Knight I love Ariadne and Cobb They are like Joel and Ellie :D :D :D :D I watch Inception more than 10x :D :D Sorry if my English is bad :D
infamaniac23Mar 26, 2013
What a complex film, everything about it is near perfection. The story though i won't give too much away is amazing yet simple. The acting is phenominal Joseph Gordon Luvit, Leonardo Dicrapio, Tom Hardy all steel scenes in the film hell evenWhat a complex film, everything about it is near perfection. The story though i won't give too much away is amazing yet simple. The acting is phenominal Joseph Gordon Luvit, Leonardo Dicrapio, Tom Hardy all steel scenes in the film hell even Ellen Page was great. The special effects were fantastic. The music my god the music is breath taking. The film approaches a lot of subject matters, at 1st glance it seems like a normal sci fi movie with dreams but the film does more it shows how burrying memories can lead to more pain and suffering, or sometimes you just have to let go. Overall Inception isn't only one of the best films of all time it's definately in the top 10 best films ever. Expand
SEROJMar 15, 2015
Without using any spoilers... let me warn you. This movie WILL make you wanna watch it again! I can guarantee you that! I HIGHLY recommend this amazing masterpiece to anyone who loves solving mysteries and watch fantasies! Thank you Christopher Nolan
BrendanCogs99Mar 13, 2013
Inception will keep you thinking, keep you confused, and keep you hooked. This science-fiction film will leave you thinking even after the last shocking scene. And Christopher Nolan wants us to, for this is his most imaginative film sinceInception will keep you thinking, keep you confused, and keep you hooked. This science-fiction film will leave you thinking even after the last shocking scene. And Christopher Nolan wants us to, for this is his most imaginative film since The Prestige and Memento. Good luck ever dreaming the same way again. Expand
MarkMusicMar 20, 2013
Hell, this isn't the best film ever but it's definintely one of the best of 2012. Complex and creative. This should be the number one film over Avatar. At least this was written with since and actual creativity and originality. I would sayHell, this isn't the best film ever but it's definintely one of the best of 2012. Complex and creative. This should be the number one film over Avatar. At least this was written with since and actual creativity and originality. I would say this is one of the top 10 films in 2010. The CGI like for instense ("The city folding over ontop of itself") was pretty good and creative. I say watch it for something different. Expand
bigstinkyMar 24, 2013
A confusing, complex thriller with tons of action and suspense sure to entertain all kinds of viewers. Inception gets you thinking, and that's a good thing, even if it's sometimes hard to understand. It shows you the power of the mind andA confusing, complex thriller with tons of action and suspense sure to entertain all kinds of viewers. Inception gets you thinking, and that's a good thing, even if it's sometimes hard to understand. It shows you the power of the mind and dreams, which I thought was very interesting, unlike any movie I've seen before. Expand
Movie1997Apr 20, 2013
This movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that thisThis movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and the storyline go, they work together excellently. I do admit that the storyline is really confusing, but once you get use to the movies' beauty, it's really an amazing and captivating movie. Christopher Nolan is the only person I know that can make a movie about dreams very interesting. Overall, it's a mind-bending sci-fi movie on dreams. Expand
NBAluke579Sep 26, 2013
Inception is a great summer blockbuster. It's pretty intelligent, it's very well thought-out and it manages to be simultaneously entertaining to casual movie-goers as well as film-buffs. I really did enjoy watching this film. But is this filmInception is a great summer blockbuster. It's pretty intelligent, it's very well thought-out and it manages to be simultaneously entertaining to casual movie-goers as well as film-buffs. I really did enjoy watching this film. But is this film a masterpiece or something extremely original? Not at all. I do like Christopher Nolan's films, but him being hailed as a "genius" is hilarious. There are countless directors much better than him, and there are hundreds upon hundreds of films much better than this one. The more I think about this movie, the more I realize that it's nothing more than a solid summer blockbuster. The film is full of stock characters, the film has a lack of any philosophical ambitions or heavy complex themes to truly make it a work of art that can be analyzed for decades to come. What Nolan did do is create a smart summer blockbuster. In this day and age, that's gotta count for something. My Rating:7.8 Expand
swexbeApr 7, 2013
Thought you understood this movie? You're wrongs....
Watch this: http://youtu.be/ginQNMiRu2w
MemburgSep 23, 2014
I neglected to review this film for a long time because I believe one must see it a great number of times before one can fully make sense of it. After seeing the film three times and theorizing for a great many hours, I finally feel ready toI neglected to review this film for a long time because I believe one must see it a great number of times before one can fully make sense of it. After seeing the film three times and theorizing for a great many hours, I finally feel ready to confront my worst nightmare, or dream.

Inception gives us a very unique plot that does, granted, have elements of other blockbusters, however it's framework is still utterly unique. In a nutshell, Dom Cobb is the most skilled extractor in the world. This means that he is the best as going into people's dreams while they sleep and navigating these dreams in order to steal secrets. However, he and his team are proposed an interesting job that may give Cobb a chance to finally return home to his children. That being, Inception, the act of planting an idea rather than removing one. From there it's up to Cobb and a number of charming or interesting characters to delve into the world of dreams and prevent a new superpower from arising.

First off this films biggest advantage is it's theorizing and presenting new complicated ideas. After seeing this film you will undoubtedly begin scratching your scalp in an effort to figure out what on earth it all meant. The great thing about this film is that you will, at many points, think you get it. You will be certain that you understand, but then something will happen and suddenly, you don't. I had to see this film multiple times in order to even begin to understand it. If you buy this film, don't rent it, buy it on DVD and watch it as many times as you need in order to believe you fully understand. I promise you, it'll be pretty damn difficult.
In order to go into depth on how confusing this film is, let me tell you what you're in store for. In order for inception to be possible, you must enter the subject's dream. Simple enough. Then someone within the dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream. Then, someone within that dream within a dream must have another dream, creating a dream within a dream within a dream. Hoo. As you can imagine, the results are quite spectacular.

The next best thing about this film is the special effects and the action. While the gun-play is nothing special, one particular scene involving a hotel corridor and gravity rotating is something that I still cannot process, even after sitting down and taking some Ritalin. While most of the action is good, the special effects are some of the most impressive ones that I've seen as of yet. While they don't exactly scream realistic, they are mind-boggling. I can't describe much, as my vocabulary is only human however this film does contain a large area of Paris suddenly folding over and collapsing on top of itself, creating an enclosed box world where gravity changes based on which surface you stand on. Yeah.

Another excellent thing about Inception is the score. I wouldn't normally praise the soundtrack of a film seeing as how it really is only a thing on the side that merely contributes to a film's feel and mood, but I'm sorry, Hans Zimmer has outdone himself with the soundtrack to Inception so much that I have trouble understanding how he did it. Each and every song is unique, fitting, spine chilling, and most certainly makes the film even better. A really noticeable thing about all of the songs is that they all begin with a tune, which will be added to ten seconds later, then added to again, and again, until the same few notes are bursting with variety and chills. I would highly recommend looking the soundtrack up on youtube, look for "Dream is Collapsing" in particular.

However what almost took the top spot on this movie's excellent diorama of pros is the main character, Cobb. His character itself is nothing special, however throughout the film his past of being affiliated with extraction, inception, and a character called Mal, is hinted at and eventually explained at the end, and the explanation and how the ending plays out is something truly marvellous to behold. It is brilliant watching the story's hints and nudges come together into a delicious ending pudding before the film makes it's brilliant conclusion.

One thing that I must touch on however, is the strength of the final ten seconds of the film. I won't spoil them, however this ending is what gave this film its rating. This ending is what gave everyone that last spot of fuel, that last little ounce of information to finally make the mind collapse in on itself and for you to turn to your film-going companions and go "WHAAAAAAAAAT!?" And this small difference is what makes Inception what it is. Inception is, probably, my new favourite film of all time, and a film like that deserves this. Inceptions scores a 10/10.
ScorpionMay 10, 2013
This is undoubtedly the best movie of Nolan, its complex plot and theme of the film are extremely catchy, the acting is good especially for DiCaprio, who in my opinion is his best film.
DANIELFRANCOMay 4, 2013
I see Inception as a summer movie as much as I see The Dark Knight as a comic book movie, don't really fit together properly. Inception is a psychological thriller, drama, and a mystery; all while still intriguing enough for everyone toI see Inception as a summer movie as much as I see The Dark Knight as a comic book movie, don't really fit together properly. Inception is a psychological thriller, drama, and a mystery; all while still intriguing enough for everyone to enjoy. What Christopher Nolan has accomplished with Inception is not only his masterpiece, but also one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. While this movie can't quite overshadow The Matrix, it does puts the movie to shame and every other movie that deals with the verge between reality and fantasy. The way they explain the mechanics of how the dream works just makes it feel very real (because, in retrospective, they kind of make sense), and the performances in this movie are all excellent; they feel natural and makes you feel like they have done this for ever. The only negative I can think of is that it really takes a lot of concentration to keep up with, because it's very involve with how dreams work. This movie will surpass (if not meet) your expectations because it goes beyond from were you think it's going. I saw it the day that it was released and for does people who said it wasn't cool I told "Then get your tickets for Transformers 2, G.I JOE, or Clash of the Titans, because this is as good as 2010 is going to get". Expand
The-TruthMay 13, 2013
Nolan chose an all star cast for this film and I can only say that he made the right choices. I have yet to notice a bad performance in this film. The pacing is great especially if you pay attention and the story is one of the most originalNolan chose an all star cast for this film and I can only say that he made the right choices. I have yet to notice a bad performance in this film. The pacing is great especially if you pay attention and the story is one of the most original available in Hollywood films. This movie is known to be confusing but if your mindful, you'll realize this movie is one of the best in recent time. Definitely worth a watch. In addition, the soundtrack for this movie is just awesome, I even caught myself downloading some of the tracks Expand
LoRevisorJan 29, 2015
Christopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. EChristopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,Joseph Gordon-Levitt,Ken Watanabe,Cillian Murphy,Tom Berenger e Marion Cotillard. Christopher Nolan obrigado por existir e trazer obra-primas do cinema do século 21. Expand
frankdignamMay 23, 2013
Totally Different concept, good direction and DiCaprio, what more could u want
LuccaSSCAug 15, 2017
This is probably the most overrated movie of all time. Christopher Nolan doesn't seem to know how to explain something without expository dialog, and it gets really boring once you hear the same thing for a dozen times. This is a movie thatThis is probably the most overrated movie of all time. Christopher Nolan doesn't seem to know how to explain something without expository dialog, and it gets really boring once you hear the same thing for a dozen times. This is a movie that tries to be intelligent but doesn't want to lose the appeal to the masses, and tries to fix that by making sure that everyone understands exactly what is happening, and it made me feel as though I was in a kindergarten class. While it's a gorgeous film with incredible actors, the looks don't make up for the lack of script quality. Expand
TerenceYiboFeb 3, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 看似难懂其实本片相对于诺兰得早期作品而言可谓相当易懂,电影充满想像力,精彩刺激,特别是三层梦境中的连环剪辑十分出彩,结尾很棒,特效超赞,配乐超级震撼,影片背后的意义则令人深思。 Expand
VictorLWibzJun 5, 2013
its almost perfect for me! Inception does whole mind blowing things inside your head, and its not only about mind blowing stuff but it has a great story because Nolan know the best.. this movie deserved more and more applause.. Good job Nolan!
KivaJun 10, 2013
This movie is... awesome. If someone didn't like this film he must be probably too stupid to understand this. Great film,Effects and blabla casting. An expected Nolan's masterpiece
ilJasserJun 14, 2013
I have seen a lot of great movies, but not all of them has that EPIC feel that Christopher Nolan usually delivers in his movies.

Inception is not just EPIC, Inception is EPICNESS itself !! A Brilliant plot, a perfect cast, an amazing

Inception is not just EPIC, Inception is EPICNESS itself !!
A Brilliant plot, a perfect cast, an amazing direction and production, and of course, a powerful and unique soundtrack.

In my Top 3, for sure
OligharchJun 23, 2013
Wow, reviewers on IMDb have to lighten up a bit. God forbid a movie makes you think and question something. This is one of my favorite moves. Coming out of the theater and thinking about what you just saw isn't a bad thing, and people have toWow, reviewers on IMDb have to lighten up a bit. God forbid a movie makes you think and question something. This is one of my favorite moves. Coming out of the theater and thinking about what you just saw isn't a bad thing, and people have to realize that. Expand
TheApplegnomeOct 6, 2015
Another masterpiece from the imaginative Christopher Nolan. Inception explores the depths of the human consciousness and bends the rules of everything logical. Dreams, obsessions and basic human aspects are a classic trait, and it never failsAnother masterpiece from the imaginative Christopher Nolan. Inception explores the depths of the human consciousness and bends the rules of everything logical. Dreams, obsessions and basic human aspects are a classic trait, and it never fails to deliver excitement from both from the tempo and the flawless characters. A stunning, ambitious mind-bending movie of art, that might not work all the way due to its over-complexity and a perhaps too ambitious plot, so the dialogs can be a bit too informational. But that's not something everyone will notice, and not something you should harken too. Because it's a classic sequel of the Nolan-franchise.

Personal rating: 88/100
Critical rating: 93/100
ZlayaJul 30, 2013
I tried to watch this movie hew times, and it just doesn't work! Part about dreams is really incredible, but I was immediately turned off after first fifteen minutes of pointless lies about dreams and dreaming. Film is so boring for me andI tried to watch this movie hew times, and it just doesn't work! Part about dreams is really incredible, but I was immediately turned off after first fifteen minutes of pointless lies about dreams and dreaming. Film is so boring for me and has no magic to keep my eyes and mind concentrated. Respect for Nolan, but this one and The Dark Knight are greatly overrated movies, and I leave no chance to tell everyone about it. Expand
sloppyjoesSep 8, 2013
This is probably one of the best movies in recent years. A perfect science fiction film that is still based in reality but still features a solid plotline. It's not nearly as "deep" as some people make it out to be, but it's still a fantastic film.
MovieGuysSep 19, 2013
Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram,Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing how someone dreamed this story up, they must've been a genius. Expand
cag11Nov 21, 2013
This movie was amazing, and not just because of the character development or the great effects, but the way it was put together. It has some of the best ending scenes and a great plot.
FreedomFightersNov 26, 2016
I don't need one of my typical intros here, let's just cut to the chase, "Inception" is brilliant. It's interesting, it's beautifully-filmed, well-acted, complex, and it shows that Christopher Nolan is not afraid to be risky by taking aI don't need one of my typical intros here, let's just cut to the chase, "Inception" is brilliant. It's interesting, it's beautifully-filmed, well-acted, complex, and it shows that Christopher Nolan is not afraid to be risky by taking a nonlinear approach to storytelling. It's certainly not for everybody, and there are bound to be a number of people that completely hate it, but all in all, "Inception" is a fantastic film that you should definitely see at least once. Expand
Uri19Oct 26, 2013
Inception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzleInception means Nolan is one-step beyond than the rest of the directors from al over the world! The film is just amazing. I couldn't even think that film was so brilliant. Metacritic film's mark is below than it deserves. It's like a puzzle you try to figure out during the whole film, and it's so unpredictable. Di Caprio, Levitt, Hardy, Page... A great actors round up with such an incredible thing. Expand
AssassinationNov 12, 2013
A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
**Inception**
A Master Piece Of Mind Twisting Movies 12 November 2013
**Inception**

*This movie is a complete master piece and one of the best movies of all the time It has brilliant architectures of dramatic screenplay amazing visual effects & great direction.The film shown itself to be master of all mind twisting movies of all time The director and screen play writer Christopher Nolan has proved himself to be one best directors of all the time He is extremely brilliant in making movies which are fascinating and unique. This film sparkles as gem stones with amazing visual effects and brilliant screen play This movie has a perfect cast of talented actors and their performance in this movie are absolutely stunning. Each actors has done an outstanding job of perfecting their respective roles in this film.The characters are very well developed they display an amazing performance which stood as a backbone support for the entire movie In category of music the sound tracks and background effects are fantastic it gives the thrill and excitement for the whole movie The action sequence and visual effects has done an outstanding job during screen play its beautifully displayed and inspiring to watch .These major components are one of the factors for this film being hugely successful. This movie is EPIC through out its scale Delivering you the satisfaction of experiencing the excitement and thrill which you would have never expected !.

Inception:**********

(10/10) Stars
RayzorMooseNov 17, 2013
Inception is exceptional.
Inception is exceptional.
The movie is incredible with great special effects and an impressive script. Nolan once again puts on one of his famous ending twists making the film extremely entertaining in and out. The acting is good and the idea is genius.
JasonSomethiNgNov 18, 2013
I'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about itI'd like to comment on the polarized reviews I see of this film, and in fact, the common thread I find in the extremist-negative reviews is the individual's complaint about lack of understanding. God forbid a film makes you think about it after you watch it and God forbid it challenges your comprehensive abilities. I find that the most thoughtful people in my life enjoy the film immensely, and that all the people I know who are "disappointed" by Inception are, in my opinion at least, individuals who are very quick to judge, irrational, whimsical, and unoriginal. It's quite a comedy just watching a large percentage of the population explode in tantrums by giving mindless scores below 2/10, just as a toddlers would when they fail to understand something. Expand
Akshay7Dec 31, 2013
Incepted!

Incepted!

When I first saw Inception it had such an effect on mind that I was driven to keep thinking about this Christopher Nolan's masterpiece for days together. Nolan’s movies make your brains work out and think and think more, his movies need your complete attention while viewing and this one is no different. Inception is not so difficult to interpret as Memento but definitely has more emotional weight than it. For a how-can-one-think-a-story-like-this screenplay by Nolan, Hans Zimmer’s evergreen score, the astonishing concept for the plot, good performances by the cast, stunning cinematography defying the concept of 'reality', the ambiguous nature of the whole film and the way it has been put together and directed it remains my as my favorite movie till date.
samsusDec 31, 2013
After a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple ofAfter a long time of being told that I wouldn't understand the movie, I finally gave it a go and I didn't have trouble at understanding it at all. (People obviously misunderstand me, sigh.) I might have hit the rewind button a couple of times, only so I could hear something for a second time to be completely sure. But anyway, this movie was exceptional. I have been nagging almost all of my family members and friends to watch it. Never once was I bored, my attention always completely on the movie. I would most definitely watch this movie again, I would recommend to anyone no matter what their movie 'type' is because I just loved it so much. The actors chosen played the characters exceptionally well, just over-all the film is a definite must on your 'watched-movies' list. Expand
Titanicfan91Jan 2, 2014
Inception one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen; complete and utter garbage. Apart from the good acting and my crush on both Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, this film was terrible. I only brought this film becauseInception one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen; complete and utter garbage. Apart from the good acting and my crush on both Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, this film was terrible. I only brought this film because everyone kept raving about how good it was, but I should know better. The films that tend to be overrated are the films I hate the most, such as Skyfall and Avatar. I found Inception confusing to follow and there was too much going on at once and too many characters kept on being introduced. I just found this film boring and there was too much action to much up for the crap storyline. I am really disappointed in this film.

Grade: D-
MortimerFeb 3, 2014
Intseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (KenIntseption it after Christopher Nolan thriller The Dark Knight. The plot tells the story of Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who specializes in extracting information from the minds of people. He was hired by a Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) to plant an idea in the brain of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). For his last job Cobb assembles a team: Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) as a conductor in charge of the details of the operation. Ariadne (Ellen Page) as orhitektora responsible for the construction of the world of dreams. Eames (Tom Hardy) as imetatora that can create an image of any person. Yusuf (Dileep Rao) to create a special hypnotic immersion in the world of dreams. Expand
guitarguy001Jan 8, 2014
One of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is soOne of my all time favorite movies. This movie is perfect in every way. The music, the visuals, the story, the characters, the acting, just everything about this movie is perfect. Nolan just directs this movie to perfection. The story is so intriguing and confusing that i had to watch the movie 3 times at home to fully understand it and i enjoyed every viewing of this movie. Definitely the best movie of 2010. All hail Christopher Nolan. Expand
1nsiderJan 25, 2014
As good as modern movie can be. Disguised as action, wrapped into a sci-fi, hides the drama with solid background in modern psychology. Multiple layers of story-telling and cleverly planted easter eggs are an additional treat to an earningAs good as modern movie can be. Disguised as action, wrapped into a sci-fi, hides the drama with solid background in modern psychology. Multiple layers of story-telling and cleverly planted easter eggs are an additional treat to an earning viewer. Perfection. Expand
nicholasvanhFeb 5, 2014
10/10 one of the best movies ever

first thing i read a post about the music that it drove a person insane? are you insane? hans zimmer one of the best movie music composer around lately, the song time was outstanding. about the movie
10/10 one of the best movies ever

about the movie all positive good story , good acting especially at the end , good music. just a masterpieces.

all people who rate this under 7 what the hell is wrong with you
MrWhiteBrBaMay 9, 2014
The best part of the movie Inception is the brilliant direction Nolan gives to this movie other than its acting the visually striking movie gives another amazing movie to the Christopher Nolan canon.
usherd369Mar 31, 2014
The buildup throughout the plot, the strong acting to the point that one can imagine countless spin-off stories with each character, execution of dream sequences and references back to itself, Inception is simply put the quintessentialThe buildup throughout the plot, the strong acting to the point that one can imagine countless spin-off stories with each character, execution of dream sequences and references back to itself, Inception is simply put the quintessential puzzling summer blockbuster archetype. Nolan will not co-write and direct something more perfect. Expand
Mordovan89Mar 8, 2014
An amazing film not only to hang out, but I understand the plot cost much at first. Either way is great and lots of action. Christopher Nolan is seen that nothing gets wasted no Inception, and hopefully see it work on other projects as well.
heeldavidJul 21, 2014
Inception's ending might confuse people but the movie is a well paced sci-fi film from Christopher Nolan, the way that the movie moves and continues is just great, DiCaprio gives one of his best perfromances
DrewtheDude85Apr 2, 2014
A very mind boggling film that provides a good and intelligent story about how dreams work. It's definitely going to captivate you with some moments and it may even shock you a little bit in how it's done. Overall Inception is definitely aA very mind boggling film that provides a good and intelligent story about how dreams work. It's definitely going to captivate you with some moments and it may even shock you a little bit in how it's done. Overall Inception is definitely a film that doesn't mess around in terms of story and I think that it's a smart film that you will enjoy; in fact this film has a pretty crazy ending that will probably even drive you a bit crazy. But overall, Inception is a very good movie, I'd recommend it. Expand
rafi_haha18Apr 22, 2014
this film was dazzling, breathtaking, and electrifying. the story was good enough, the graphic was cool enough, and the acting of the actor was very cool
ernstApr 4, 2014
This movie without a doubt has one of the best directors of all time. All the shots were perfect in my opinion. The actors/actresses in this movie were really good as well. The thing that really turned me off about this movie is the fact thatThis movie without a doubt has one of the best directors of all time. All the shots were perfect in my opinion. The actors/actresses in this movie were really good as well. The thing that really turned me off about this movie is the fact that my mind would coast and just go somewhere else, it was a really complex movie and confusing to understand. The thing about this movie is it makes you think, a lot. Even the little things in this movie confused for example the names in it were so unheard of and complex I couldn't tell who was who. The only character I knew by name was the one Leonardo DiCaprio played because he played a character with a really simple name. Another thing that really bothered me was the sound, it was so bad I had to turn my TV up all the way for various parts of the movie, then the sound would get really loud and I'd have to turn my TV back down and that's just something that really annoyed me when watching this movie. Overall I didn't like this movie because it was really hard to concentrate on it and understand what exactly is going on. When I did know what was going on it was an amazing movie. The movie had a spectacular ending it made my heart tingle. Expand
Meth-dudeApr 20, 2014
I really love this movie he's one of my favourite ever!!! There is a dream cast(DiCaprio,Page,Gordon-Levitt and Murphy). This is kinda confusing for a movie but one thing is sure you never want to fall asleep or take a nap.I highly recommend it.
TheSwagMasterApr 9, 2014
This movie is one of my all time favorites. I've watched it so many times and I always pick up on new things every time. No movies as of late has surpassed it, in my opinion. Great actors, fantastic story, and the best soundtrack I have everThis movie is one of my all time favorites. I've watched it so many times and I always pick up on new things every time. No movies as of late has surpassed it, in my opinion. Great actors, fantastic story, and the best soundtrack I have ever heard in a movie. 10/10 Expand
jacob4Jul 21, 2014
Outstanding special effects, great casting, brain numbing plot twists, a sci-fi master peace. It might be a tricky to follow when you first see it, but also one of the most jaw-dropping, mind bending, outstanding movies by Christopher Nolan.
MrBlackTronJul 28, 2014
Tam anlamıyla bir klasik, üzerinden 50 yıl geçse de seyredilmeye devam edecektir. Her filmi iyi olan Di Caprio'nun belki de en iyi filmi. Mutlaka izlenmeli.
MarickApr 9, 2015
Inception is a film very interesting and a Sci Fi as you do not see to many movies. Di Caprio plays his role very well, and manages to make a very good movie.
TheRoyalMelonAug 17, 2014
This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
Christopher Nolan shows again his talent for making art in a way that will make breathless!
The idea and cast is amazing! Like I said it is really complex but you
This movie is probably one the most complex and genius film I have ever seen!
The idea and cast is amazing! Like I said it is really complex but you will understand the film completely. It is that kind of movie that makes you think and the idea is so interesting, that you never get bored!
Just a great movie and definitely worth watching and buying it!
Oh and also: Hans Zimmer did another amazing job with the music! Amazing! Goosebumps!
gloriouspotatoFeb 7, 2016
Inception is a well crafted movie that has a very interesting premise behind it. Not only that, but Zimmer's score really accentuates the grandiose nature of the subject material, and tugs the emotional strings when needed. The characters ofInception is a well crafted movie that has a very interesting premise behind it. Not only that, but Zimmer's score really accentuates the grandiose nature of the subject material, and tugs the emotional strings when needed. The characters of Dom and Mal are developed well and the overall narrative comes to a satisfying conclusion, however Dom's companions are given little background and their motivations seem questionable. There are also a few glaring plot holes within the film that seem to contradict the 'rules' of the Dreamworld. Expand
PfenderStrat621Mar 27, 2015
Good movie with some interesting aspects that makes you think about them, but the movie is not as intelligent as everyone thinks it is. With some inconsistent elements that doesn't respect some of it's rules, the movie's world falls apartGood movie with some interesting aspects that makes you think about them, but the movie is not as intelligent as everyone thinks it is. With some inconsistent elements that doesn't respect some of it's rules, the movie's world falls apart sometimes. The script could have been better, there were parts of the film were some sub-plots didn't make sense (like the murderer of Cobb's wife), and at the time the characters were explaining the dream world, they sounded like they were speaking to the audience. But overall, great movie that could have been better If it wasn't a little pretentious. Even with some issues i had with the movie, i admire the effort that was put on it, Christopher Nolan is a talented director. I recommend this film. Expand
Another_NerdOct 6, 2014
That's it. Score says it all.
Acting. Concept, which is as it is with Nolan, always brilliant.
The best flick of 2010, or maybe whatever I've watched in the past few years. Period. Christopher Nolan is a magician.
shivamt25Oct 14, 2014
This is my favorite movie. This was the first movie I saw of Chris Nolan and since then I've become a huge fan. This movie is just not the one that entertain you, it opens your mind to unfathomable imaginations. Please keep producing theseThis is my favorite movie. This was the first movie I saw of Chris Nolan and since then I've become a huge fan. This movie is just not the one that entertain you, it opens your mind to unfathomable imaginations. Please keep producing these kind of movies Chris...!! Expand
Ali_MarashianMar 13, 2017
This one is actually entertaining. Again so "Nolanish", who Im not a fan of, but the imagination is impressive.The film is again, about a story that, well no surprise, I feel is just for the hours you sit to watch the movie, I dont thinkThis one is actually entertaining. Again so "Nolanish", who Im not a fan of, but the imagination is impressive.The film is again, about a story that, well no surprise, I feel is just for the hours you sit to watch the movie, I dont think about the plot after the movie, it doesnt matter really. But look at Inside Out, which is also very original but the story, coming of age, resonates with all of us. Expand
JohnKristoferDec 22, 2014
Christopher Nolan once Again entertain us with his movie Inception.The film's Premise is amazing full of twist and turns and unpredictable.It is also visually amazing!
Termin8terMar 4, 2016
Inception is one of the best movies I have seen in years. The story revolves around Dom Cobb, an expert in dream espionage. He must do one last job in order to see his family again. As the story progresses, you see how Cobb evolves as aInception is one of the best movies I have seen in years. The story revolves around Dom Cobb, an expert in dream espionage. He must do one last job in order to see his family again. As the story progresses, you see how Cobb evolves as a character. The story is excellent, the acting is spot on, and the soundtrack is damn amazing. My only problem is the infuriating cliffhanger at the end of the movie. Otherwise, you should see Inception ASAP Expand
Watty9923Apr 5, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favourite movie of all time. Great cinematography. Best sound I've ever heard in a movie. The bass really adds to the atmosphere. I loved how the ending is left open for discussion. This movie was awesome at the cinema and a must own on blu ray. Leonardo Di caprio was a great actor in this flick. Expand
solomsApr 17, 2015
This is the only realy good movie from Christopher Nolan. Everybady look for CN like a god of cinema , and I think that his movies are boring . But not this one. It has an incredible conception and the visual effects are the mostThis is the only realy good movie from Christopher Nolan. Everybady look for CN like a god of cinema , and I think that his movies are boring . But not this one. It has an incredible conception and the visual effects are the most crazyiest thing in the world. Well done sir! Expand
EdwardGregoryApr 19, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Review
Inception
Browse more images »
If you know nothing else about Inception, at least know this: it is not a trick. It is ingenious but not crafty, knotty but not duplicitous. It has neither Memento’s method conceit nor the smoke and mirrors of The Prestige. To contrast it with the latter, in particular (fine film though that is), is to appreciate the difference between stage-magic and a real miracle.

The director-as-magician analogy feels least tired when applied to Christopher Nolan, given his body of work, its formal and mental layers and precisely engineered reveals. At best, this approach can be exhilarating. At worst — as with the narrative drip-feed of Insomnia, his weakest picture — it is obfuscation masquerading as artistry, aka not half as bloody clever as it thinks it is. Given its setting is largely the subconscious, though, Inception can’t work with a rug-pull denouement. Every scene — let alone the movie — could be punctured with that postscript beloved of primary school story scribblers: “And I woke up and it was only a dream...” So, don’t brace for a “ta-dah!” moment — it will impede your enjoyment and waste your time. Instead, marvel at the effrontery of a filmmaker who asks you to emotionally invest in avowed mental constructs — and succeeds. In one sense, admittedly, this is what every filmmaker asks us to do: engross ourselves in their imagination. The movie, then, could be interpreted as being about craft and inspiration — one character even says, of constructing the architecture of dreams, “It’s just... pure creation.” In terms of scale and style it is, as Nolan intended, comparable to Bond’s best excursions — yet filtered through a brain-frying, subconscious-spelunking, time-dilating structure that boldly frames action sequences around each other. So we get an explosive Arctic mountain vault-storming within a zero-gravity scramble within a vehicle-crunching chase. In effect, the set-pieces are simultaneous. Which is insane, but brilliant as, while he at times boggles through the necessarily complex editing, Nolan never corrupts his multiverse’s internal logic. When you’re not basking in the visuals, you can always lean into DiCaprio and appreciate the emotion. He anchors everything. An actor who has long borne the blessing and the burden of being hailed a genius before he was even a man, he has never been less than good, but can appear either callow or try-hard, like a child dressing in daddy’s suit. Not here. He shows a depth of feeling rivalled only by his work in Shutter Island. To deliver two such turns in a career would be impressive. In a year, it’s just showing off. What makes it work, really, though, is how unfussy he is, how unselfish — there’s no showboating. Good as he is in The Departed or Gangs Of New York, you could sometimes feel the Weight of his Acting. Here, paradoxically, he appears effortless, even though he’s the beam on which the whole mighty edifice rests. It’s because you believe his journey, his heart, that you buy into Inception. If he failed, so would the movie. This isn’t the sort of performance that usually wins Oscars — it’s not ostentatious or superficially transformative, but by God it is brilliant. The strength of it is that you remain emotionally engaged, even if you’re not entirely sure what’s going on. The third act makes Memento seem about as complex as Bear In The Big Blue House. And while there is remarkable clarity given the complexity, you are pummelled with information and have to keep up — pay attention, figure it out.

Like The Matrix mated with Synecdoche, New York — or a Charlie Kaufman 007. To paraphrase Casino Royale’s Vesper Lynd, it’s a meaningful pursuit in a summer of disposable entertainments. With physics-defying, thunderous action, heart-wringing emotion and an astonishing performance from DiCaprio, Nolan delivers another true original: welcome to an undiscovered country.
EddyGregsApr 19, 2015
Corporate spy-for-hire Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) steals ideas in dreams, but then he's hired to achieve the impossible: "inception" - planting an idea in the mind of a target. If he succeeds, he can see his estranged children. If he fails, he'll beCorporate spy-for-hire Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) steals ideas in dreams, but then he's hired to achieve the impossible: "inception" - planting an idea in the mind of a target. If he succeeds, he can see his estranged children. If he fails, he'll be trapped forever.

MovieManiac83Apr 23, 2015
Undoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines byUndoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines by blazing trails that even a blind man could follow. For those who pay attention, Inception is not confusing. It is smart, taut, and does not reward indolence. If you zone out or make a trip to the snack bar, it will lose you. All it asks of viewers is that they do something rare: engage the intellect. Details may elude even the most attentive viewer, but the big picture will remain in focus. Despite layering dream upon dream and blurring the lines between reality and fantasy, writer/director Christopher Nolan has meticulously established Inception in such a way that getting lost is not an option. Is it a mind **** Maybe, but not one that leads to endless frustration. Nolan has a story to tell and he tells it. His main goal - at least until the end - is not screwing with the viewer's perception. He provides enough clarity that we know where we are and what we're watching and that we don't founder.

In fact, one could make an argument that the straightforward nature of Nolan's approach to such potentially mind-bending material is one of Inception's weaknesses. By pulling his punches, so to speak, and keeping things mostly linear, Nolan disallows the possibility of the screenplay turning into a Mobius Strip. Influences include, most obviously, Dark City and The Matrix. There's also a sense of kinship with Martin Scorsese's recent Shutter Island, not only because that film also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, but because both productions toy with narrator perspective and the intersection of illusion with reality. However, the strongest synergy I can think of is with the TV series Caprica (the prequel to Ronald Moore's Battlestar Galactica remake), which uses a similar approach to the one employed in Inception to explore virtual realities.

Inception is a less challenging project than Memento, which brought Nolan to the world's attention. It isn't as convoluted and the payoff, despite toying with our expectations, lacks the boldness of the earlier production. Still, this is a very good film that involves the intellect while at the same time not ignoring the visceral. There are numerous straightforward action scenes, including Matrix-like gravity-free hand-to-hand combat and a car chase, that inject some adrenaline into the proceedings. In fact, the entire second half of the film amounts to one massive, carefully choreographed sequence of escalating suspense as dangerous circumstances unfold across three levels of dreamscapes. Hans Zimmer's pounding score and Nolan's careful cross-cutting tie everything together perfectly.

As intellectually involving as this material is, Nolan wisely does not ignore the need for the viewer to have a strong emotional attachment to the main character. Cobb's backstory unfolds gradually, with the screenplay dropping pieces, like crumbs, in front of the viewer at regular intervals. We learn the truth about his relationship with his wife and children during the course of the narrative and, as one might suspect given Nolan's apparent anti-happiness bias (his movies aren't exactly carefree and joyous), there are tragic elements. Cobb is the only character who experiences significant development - the other members of his team are secondary. They get plenty of screen time but we know little about them beyond their functions within the scheme.

The special effects in Inception serve the story, rather than the other way around - which is a rare occurrence these days, when the emphasis seems to be on providing viewers with visual amusement park rides. In this case, we are presented with cities where streets defy gravity by arching overhead and massive cliffs that collapse into the sea. There is a point to everything, most often to illustrate how dreams distort the commonplace into something that defies the natural laws.

Is Inception cerebral? Yes. Is it too cerebral for mass audiences? I would argue that's not the case. In a sense, one gets out of Inception what one is willing to put in. Those looking for an action/adventure film can identify that, although 148 minutes is a little long for something so simplistic. Those willing to think and puzzle a little more will find that the twists and turns of the narrative aren't as labyrinthine as they initially appear. Inception is more accessible than obtuse. It proves, among other things, that Nolan has been unwilling to bask in the success of The Dark Knight. Looking for new and exciting challenges, he has found one here.
CinemaBlendMay 6, 2015

hanneguacamoleJun 9, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whenever I think of Inception, I remember just random conversations and people saying this word. I, not having seen this movie, have no idea what they're talking about and continue on. How has someone not seen Inception? Good question to ask myself. I think this is easily a classic–perhaps not the best movie on the face of the earth, but certainly worth watching and a movie that can relate to many audiences.

The characters were all intriguing and their goals and ambitions throughout were fairly clear. Finding family, planting ideas and the like. I felt like Cobb's relationship with Mal was very ordinary, the way she was torn apart by his ideas and how he now has to be the responsible adult because she can't. Ariadne's role int he movie very much felt like an easy way out on how to explain first the way Inception works and second the struggles that Cobb goes through. Don't get me wrong, it's important to know what's going on, but she almost has no personality in the way of finding Mal in his mind. The only true character development we got was from Cobb and I really think that was a missed opportunity. Despite some of the lacking aspects of these characters, the story was deeply entertaining and went beyond just the first level of thinking. It had many layers and was quite impressive.

I think as a whole, the different pieces of the movie fit together very nicely with the levels of dreams and the time variations. I was able to get a real sense of anticipation during the kicks and always wanted their mission to turn out alright so they could truly plant this seed in Fischer's mind that he believes in himself. The only thing I didn't truly understand was how completing this mission would let him come back home. Was Saito the lawyer who had Mal's papers? Really that whole part was unclear to me but nonetheless we saw the desire for him to get back to his children.

I really think the most impressive part of this movie was the visual effects. With the gravity and the elaborate and abstract dream worlds, this must have been no easy task and they really pulled it off in a way that made it seem so real and so realistic, despite being in someone's mind. Totally breathtaking and absolutely understandable in its visual effects and cinematography Oscar wins.
Th3GreenHorne7Aug 1, 2015
All I can say is wow, Inception was incredible. The entire time I couldn't believe what I was watching. Inception is one of those movies you just can't keep your eyes off of. What kept me watching was the very interesting plot of people usingAll I can say is wow, Inception was incredible. The entire time I couldn't believe what I was watching. Inception is one of those movies you just can't keep your eyes off of. What kept me watching was the very interesting plot of people using machines that can put you in the mind of another person to retrieve information that is very important to them, and it is done so by trained specialists called "Extractors" who go into the subject's mind and retrieve the information that they want. For me, the whole dream within a dream idea confuses the living **** out of me, besides, that was the only thing I didn't like this movie. One of the things I like about this film is the all-star cast, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, and Micheal Caine were unbelievably perfect at nailing their roles. The other thing I really like about this film is the choice of the director for the film, Christopher Nolan, the man who directed the entire Dark Knight Trilogy which was amazing which made me like the choice of director.
Inception is a amazing movie with a great cast and a great director, but it would be nice if they made the plot a little bit easier to understand, then I would know what is going on half the time.
sashaCZ1Feb 18, 2016
This is the true masterpiece. The movie describes dreams and it hell does great. Such awesome and complicated story, well-known actors as DiCaprio, Page and more, the soundtrack is on the highest quality. I was shocked and both sad afterThis is the true masterpiece. The movie describes dreams and it hell does great. Such awesome and complicated story, well-known actors as DiCaprio, Page and more, the soundtrack is on the highest quality. I was shocked and both sad after exiting the cinema. It was such a good experience. I can't believe this movie doesn't have at least a 9.5 from users. This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. 10/10. Expand
TrackerDeviceNov 2, 2015
In my opinion, this is most definitely Christopher Nolan's best movie and personally my favorite movie of all time. This movie had a great theme, great plot, uses realism effectively, and it is exciting movie to watch.
WhatdoyouthinkApr 20, 2016
Inception is a science fiction puzzle that is enjoyable to solve but hurts your head in the
process.
It is tense and thrilling, and intriguing to take a ride into people's dreams. The goal of the story is sometimes lost inside all the
process.
goal of the story is sometimes lost inside all the action scenes and simultaneous events and for
a time felt like watching a video game where bad guys and traps continuously spawn. I stopped
worrying for the characters for about a half hour, because all the jumping around of scenes
melted my brain. The good part of the movie is that it recovered from the craziness and did a
good job of bringing the story home. There were some flaws in how Leonardo's character treated
others, which made his character a little unbelievable. But I really enjoyed Ellen Page's
character as the observant newbie who asked all the great questions about the dream world, and
Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon Leveitt were cool soldiers who have your back. I may enjoy this
more with a second watching since I think this is the type of movie that has enough depth and rewatchability even if you know what is happening from the beginning.
BitashApr 6, 2017
Well directed and acted, I think Leo just does an incredible job and a very believable acting. It's entertaining and brilliant writing. Doesn't disappoint
aadityamudharApr 6, 2016
Those rare critics who feel charitable to Michael Bay's Transformers movies like to claim that ilk of summer entertainment allows audiences to "turn off" their brains and submit to a big, stupid, thrill-a-minute roller-coaster ride.Those rare critics who feel charitable to Michael Bay's Transformers movies like to claim that ilk of summer entertainment allows audiences to "turn off" their brains and submit to a big, stupid, thrill-a-minute roller-coaster ride.

Judging by the ridiculous success of Transformers 1 and 2, that notion has evidently taken hold, even as it sets its rock 'em-sock 'em robots to maul accepted standards of good storytelling.

But here in 2010, a Transformers off-year, writer-director Christopher Nolan's big-budget summer movie Inception is a cogent renunciation of big stupid cinema.

Utilizing a plot device that simultaneously invokes Wes (Nightmare on Elm Street) Craven and Andrei (Solaris) Tarkovsky, Nolan says we can have our grand spectacle and chew it over, too.

Inception posits a few interesting ideas along the way. Indeed, ideas are the stock in trade for the film's haunted hero Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio). Having learned how to install himself and his cohorts into the dreams of others, Cobb sells his services as a thief of ideas, able to access the most valuable information via the unconscious slumber of his targets.

The gig can make Dom money, but it can't reunite him with his children in the U.S. (He lives in exile due to legal troubles that are, sorry, not revealed until the third act.) So Dom is susceptible when the powerful Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) offers him a payoff that will allow him to return to his kids.

But the assignment is a radical one, even for a man of Dom's talents. Instead of stealing an idea from his mark, Dom must implant an idea that it would be a smart move for the scion (Cillian Murphy) of a recently deceased industrialist to break up and sell off components of the family-owned corporation.

Dom takes the job at a considerable risk. He must hire on a new unproven "architect" (Ellen Page) to design the necessary dreamscapes, alongside his regulars: Point man Arthur (a cool, understated Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is the can-do agent and Eames (Tom Hardy) is a "forger" capable of disguising himself as friends and /or loved ones of the designated victim.

Compounding the challenge is Mal (Marion Cotillard), a femme fatale "dream girl" who shows up uninvited in the dream scenarios via Dom's own subconscious to throw a wrench into his elaborate plans.

Nolan's film delivers massive visual effects, including one amazing sequence set in dream-reality where the world is turned on its side and Arthur is obliged to stay on task, even if that means running on walls and ceilings or grappling with bad guys in virtual freefall.

But that sequence is hardly gratuitous. Nolan stages action on four separate levels of consciousness where each deeper level is more unstable than the last. Let's just say that's a little more challenging than trying to pick out which Transformer is good and which is bad.

But it's not all fun and surreal spectacle. DiCaprio and Cotillard provide a layer of emotional gravity at the film's core as Dom must contend with Mal, the demoness within.

In short, Nolan does here for the heist film what he did for the comic book movie in his 2008 hit The Dark Knight. He layers a fantasy premise with provocative ideas and serious intent.

Enjoy the ride. But keep the brain turned on.