Paramount Pictures | Release Date: May 22, 2008
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 1166 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Movie1997Apr 29, 2013
This movie definitely has its mixed reviews. It's usually you either really hate this movie or really love this movie. Personally, I'm kind of inbetween, but honestly it was still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. I think it's safe to sayThis movie definitely has its mixed reviews. It's usually you either really hate this movie or really love this movie. Personally, I'm kind of inbetween, but honestly it was still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. I think it's safe to say that it has some of the old and the new. For old, it still has its enjoyable swash-buckling action sequences, which truly helps give the movie a boost (in a sense). For the new, it adds in some new characters and a plot that doesn't live up to the trilogy's expectations. All the characters are pretty average and have some good moments, but there's one big problem that stands in there way. This movie has some of the worst screenplay I've ever heard. When you hear a character say those cheesy on-liners, it just sounds terrible. The reason I gave this movie a 6 is that it has good memorable swash-buckling action and the story (beside getting to the alien part) really tries to bring back a legend. Overall, for some of its major bumps on the road, it's still an enjoyable Indiana Jones movie. Expand
osostt2004Oct 8, 2013
They should've thought about this idea 10-15 years earlier, when Harrison Ford wasn't a senior citizen. Also, it should've stuck true to the original trilogy (Go away Shia LaBeouf) Second really big flaw is they gave us more of a 50s grooveThey should've thought about this idea 10-15 years earlier, when Harrison Ford wasn't a senior citizen. Also, it should've stuck true to the original trilogy (Go away Shia LaBeouf) Second really big flaw is they gave us more of a 50s groove then a 30s charm. In Raiders of the Losr Ark, It was clear the villain was Belloq. In the Temple of Doom, Mola Ram and the Last Crusade was Donovan and Schneider. Here, the only villains I see are Spielberg and Lucas Expand
TheApplegnomeJun 14, 2015
This is the less impressive Indiana Jones film in the franchise. It began pretty well, with really good action and it felt superb. But after the first act..well lets just say that it totally hit the ground! The plot became weird and boring.This is the less impressive Indiana Jones film in the franchise. It began pretty well, with really good action and it felt superb. But after the first act..well lets just say that it totally hit the ground! The plot became weird and boring. It didn't feel like a Indiana Jones film, more like a bad remake. The adventure is a bit good, but it's still disappointing, especially in the second and the third act. The dialogs are at the same time very strange; there's no thrilling feeling in it! There are at the same time unnecessary subplots, and the plot is overall uninteresting and just awful at some places. The ending was okay, but not as good as what I expected to see.

But it's still an Indiana Jones movie, and it got its moments of adventure and humor, but not as much as the old movies. Those had a bigger feeling to it.

6.5/10
moviematthewNov 8, 2013
I don't know why, but I somehow liked this movie. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. It's not the best of the Indiana Jones Movies, but it is certainly not the worst. Then again, none of them are bad to me.
RayzorMooseNov 13, 2013
Crystal Skull has viewers bashing in theirs.
Indiana Jones makes a very unnecessary sequel to the otherwise spotless series. The acting was okay, but the story was painfully flawed with a mediocre script, and a nearly pointless ending.
AaronWasserman2May 5, 2014
Uhhh guys...what happened here? i kinda expected this frm Lucas after the prequels but speilberg? really? this was thebest you could do? you couldnt have just left Indy to be a trilogy ?
JipaDec 7, 2014
This movie wasn't so good. AND I MEAN It WASN'T! How does aliens have anything to do with Indiana Jones! This is not Halo or Star Wars or Star Trek! What the hell? Hmph. Sorry. The movie is definitely GOOD but the Alien thing and theThis movie wasn't so good. AND I MEAN It WASN'T! How does aliens have anything to do with Indiana Jones! This is not Halo or Star Wars or Star Trek! What the hell? Hmph. Sorry. The movie is definitely GOOD but the Alien thing and the refrigerator part were kinda cool and dumb. Expand
homer4presidentMar 28, 2015
Harrison Ford has still got it in him to return his landmark action hero to the screen and please old fans and new ones alike. To bad that everything else didn't turn out so well. Shia laBeouf was the worst choice for a supporting actor and aHarrison Ford has still got it in him to return his landmark action hero to the screen and please old fans and new ones alike. To bad that everything else didn't turn out so well. Shia laBeouf was the worst choice for a supporting actor and a lot of the plot elements have been re-hashed. Watching it, it reminded me of the Jaws sequels. Not Jaws number two. Because that was the good one. Expand
weirdcryoDec 24, 2015
I didn't use to get it but this movie made me understand why people hate CGI on movies soo much.
The amount (and quality) of CGI scenes really takes most of the magic out of this movie.
(Don't get my wrong, there are some scenes/details
(Don't get my wrong, there are some scenes/details that make CGI the right choice but this movie is a good example of what to avoid.)
buttonscasperJul 6, 2015
My least favourite of the 4 but still deserves credit for it's decent story but CGI is overused especially with the monkeys scene but this film is not terrible.
Duke_NukemOct 10, 2015
Whoever came up with the idea of letting Shia La Puke play the son of Indiana Jones should be handed over in the hands of Mola Ram. Why does Indiana need a son anyway? Was it so the series can continue with his son as the hero? Ridiculous.Whoever came up with the idea of letting Shia La Puke play the son of Indiana Jones should be handed over in the hands of Mola Ram. Why does Indiana need a son anyway? Was it so the series can continue with his son as the hero? Ridiculous.

Harrison Ford is playing his role perfect as usual, although he's getting too old for this. Marion is back and she gained a few pounds extra. The music is still good and there are some nice parts in the movie. But mostly the cgi is so bad and the movie feels like a parody on the Indiana Jones movies. Shia swinging in the trees with monkeys is the best example of this. Also the giant ants are clearly computer animated, It's like Spielberg and Lucas didn't even try to make it look real.

Also the whole idea about the aliens or beings from another dimension is so over the top. I read somewhere that this was the idea of Lucas, while Spielberg realised that the alien thing had been done plenty. Unfortunately Lucas got what he wanted.

They should have stopped after the original trilogy which was perfect.
XtremeNerdz12Feb 26, 2016
It was okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy6666y666
aadityamudharApr 19, 2016
I get why ppl hate this movie, I do. I was expecting that there was gonna be a big red bar full of "negative" votes. But here's my opinion about the movie, I thought it was okay. It's definitely not a masterpiece or as goos as Raiders of theI get why ppl hate this movie, I do. I was expecting that there was gonna be a big red bar full of "negative" votes. But here's my opinion about the movie, I thought it was okay. It's definitely not a masterpiece or as goos as Raiders of the Lost Ark & Last Crusade, but does it mean it's bad? Of course not! I want to review the 2 main rants that people nitpick all the time.

1. Aliens don't belong in an Indiana Jones movie. It's like Indie meets Mars Attack.

- I wouldn't put it that way. Did anyone even know that the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are known to be Extra-Teresstrial? Also, why don't aliens belong in an Indie movie? Did anyone even watch the other Indie movies? What about the Ghost that killed ppl in RotLA, the 700 year old knight protecting the holy grail from Last Crusade, or the voodoo stuff from Temple of Doom? Why not have science fictional experience?

2. The refrigerator scene was ridiculous and unrealistic.

-No Sh*t! I know this isn't realistic, many movies do that all the time but nobody complains about them. Again, did you watch the other movies? The unexpected and unseen tank escape from Last Crusade, falling off a helicopter with a inflatable boat and making it off a cliff without a scratch or a broken bone from Temple of Doom. I haven't heard anyone argue about that.

In my opinion, I thought the movie was okay. I found it like a great comeback to Indiana Jones and the other 80's and 90's icons. We got the comeback of Die Hard, Terminator, Scream, Mission Impossible, Rambo, and Rocky Balboa and coming soon Men in Black. I liked that Indie came back as well. I would like to see Lethal Weapon 5 or Ghostbusters 3. Anyways, Indiana Jones 4 wasn't as bad as a lot of people put it. I liked it, my friends liked it, my family liked it, basically many people liked it, and others hated it. But I honestly find it to be a decent adventure movie.
gameguardian21Mar 20, 2016
I never thought Indiana Jones would be disappointing, but Spielberg has made it like it should have never been. While Harrison Ford still remains the star of the show as jones, shia loubof made it feel like he didn't care, that monkeyI never thought Indiana Jones would be disappointing, but Spielberg has made it like it should have never been. While Harrison Ford still remains the star of the show as jones, shia loubof made it feel like he didn't care, that monkey swinging scene with shia, and losing its humor, this is not what I expected. Expand