8.0

1. Oct 2, 2013
    This is definitely an unpopular statement when I say Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie. I mean I don't get it! Why do people say this is a weaker entrance in the series? I thought it just improved upon everything in Raiders! Now I can agree that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sucked badly, but why do people think this is weak. Its a funny (Thanks to the very annoying but hilariousThis is definitely an unpopular statement when I say Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie. I mean I don't get it! Why do people say this is a weaker entrance in the series? I thought it just improved upon everything in Raiders! Now I can agree that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sucked badly, but why do people think this is weak. Its a funny (Thanks to the very annoying but hilarious characters Short Round and Willie) heartwarming action packed adventure with one of the best Indy villains of all time. And this a film you won't forget. Trust me. 10/10 Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2013
    This is another great, fun and action packed addition to the Indiana Jones series. I really enjoyed this film (the adventure tone is great, and the darker tone is fresh and new), the cast is great (Harrison Ford is once again a beast), the romance is good (Kate Capshaw is a hilarious actress and I personally enjoyed her performance), the story is fresh and new and fun, the music isThis is another great, fun and action packed addition to the Indiana Jones series. I really enjoyed this film (the adventure tone is great, and the darker tone is fresh and new), the cast is great (Harrison Ford is once again a beast), the romance is good (Kate Capshaw is a hilarious actress and I personally enjoyed her performance), the story is fresh and new and fun, the music is spectacular again (John Williams is the man!), the action is top notch along with the visuals, the locations are awesome, etc. This film packs it all in and really leaves a good mark on me, I love this film! Another great classic adventure film! Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2014
    " Daring , thrilling , best adventure film directed by Speilberg". I love watching these of kind genre adventure movies especially Harrison Ford playing the guy with the hat in the film series. Ok Temple of doom is a prequel which i did not know why but it is brilliant. Ford is the perfect Indiana Jones for this movie. The movie was great , the stunts were great , also the setting was" Daring , thrilling , best adventure film directed by Speilberg". I love watching these of kind genre adventure movies especially Harrison Ford playing the guy with the hat in the film series. Ok Temple of doom is a prequel which i did not know why but it is brilliant. Ford is the perfect Indiana Jones for this movie. The movie was great , the stunts were great , also the setting was great , a good wonderful cast that is lucky to go on an adventure like this with Director Speilberg. Grade A+ Expand
  4. May 5, 2014
    This might be an unpopular statement...but this Indy is my favorite. Most people gave it a mixed review but i dont get it....its a perfectly good fun film. what else do you want?
  5. Jul 11, 2014
    Childhood memories up in here, loved the Indiana Jones Franchise. This is the best and my favorite of the three Indiana Jones Movies, not watched the fourth one yet
  6. Jan 11, 2015
    Though some may complain that it feels nothing like an adventure film, its dark atmosphere and funny characters make it worthwhile for Indiana Jones fans. Definitely a must-see and another great adventure!
  7. Mar 28, 2015
    While not having as great a story as the original film, "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" serves as a very entertaining picture towards this adventure franchise, which has lasted decades and deeply impacted cinema. I must say that the characters in this film are much more fun to watch, due to their silliness, and the direction is just as good as before.

1. Reviewed by: David Sterritt
    Jun 18, 2013
    Moviegoers deserve more than the racism, sexism, and all-purpose mayhem on view here - failings that offset the razor-sharp action and technical brilliance also visible.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Cosford
    Jun 18, 2013
    What Spielberg does is use the Lucas tricks to propel an old-fashioned fantasy, played broadly enough so that the laughs come as easily as the thrills. [23 May 1984, p.B1]
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Fraser
    Jun 17, 2013
    The heroic irony that was hilarious in Raiders is merely ridiculous here, and the half-tribute/half-parody of the adventure genre is toyed with to threadbare extremes. [23 May 1984]