8.0

1. Oct 2, 2013
    This is definitely an unpopular statement when I say Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy movie. I mean I don't get it! Why do people say this is a weaker entrance in the series? I thought it just improved upon everything in Raiders! Now I can agree that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sucked badly, but why do people think this is weak. Its a funny (Thanks to the very annoying but hilarious characters Short Round and Willie) heartwarming action packed adventure with one of the best Indy villains of all time. And this a film you won't forget. Trust me. 10/10 Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2013
    This is another great, fun and action packed addition to the Indiana Jones series. I really enjoyed this film (the adventure tone is great, and the darker tone is fresh and new), the cast is great (Harrison Ford is once again a beast), the romance is good (Kate Capshaw is a hilarious actress and I personally enjoyed her performance), the story is fresh and new and fun, the music is spectacular again (John Williams is the man!), the action is top notch along with the visuals, the locations are awesome, etc. This film packs it all in and really leaves a good mark on me, I love this film! Another great classic adventure film! Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Sterritt
    Jun 18, 2013
    Moviegoers deserve more than the racism, sexism, and all-purpose mayhem on view here - failings that offset the razor-sharp action and technical brilliance also visible.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Cosford
    Jun 18, 2013
    What Spielberg does is use the Lucas tricks to propel an old-fashioned fantasy, played broadly enough so that the laughs come as easily as the thrills. [23 May 1984, p.B1]
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Fraser
    Jun 17, 2013
    The heroic irony that was hilarious in Raiders is merely ridiculous here, and the half-tribute/half-parody of the adventure genre is toyed with to threadbare extremes. [23 May 1984]