8.2

1. Feb 29, 2012
    the plot of the whole movie could fit in 30 minutes, followed by some real action for the next hour or so. unfortunately, instead the 30 minutes plot fills 2 hours and makes for a very boring movie. good for kids below the age of 16 i would say.
  2. Dec 23, 2012
    I don't see what's so great about this film. Little to no action, very cheesey and predictable, almost no plot at all and very eventless. Some OK parts but on the whole, a waste of time.
  3. Feb 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A mediocre interpretation of yet another comic book. Despite the half-decent acting the mediocre action scenes, story and corny dialogue means the movie will be just that: mediocre. In Iron Man we follow the actions of a rich, technophiliac industrialist that suffers from a mild case of misogyny and after a brief encounter with "terrorists" decides to turn his live around and fight the "corruption" that's present in his company. Hillarity ensues as Iron Man does everything the audience hopes they could one day do and it all ends with one big fight versus true evil. Namely his ex-weapon manufacturing partner. The movie lasts about 30 to 45 minutes too long and the musical score is nothing short of annoying, playing at every opportune moment to really communicate to the viewer just how serious the scene is that they are looking at and that they should really be feeling some kind of emotion.There's a female lead in this movie but she's nothing short of a submissive and sexy secretary that is purely there to Well.. What is she there for, any way? They could have just introduced another Deus Ex machinafor everthing she's asked to do, it wouldn't have mattered. They stopped trying to go for plausible scenarios after the first 10 minutes or so. I think Hollywood directors make these movies according to a template, they all sort of start and end the same way. You could easily replace Iron Man with Spider Man or Batman and half the audience wouldn't even really notice. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2012
    Iron Man is iron trash. Where is the action but besides that the movie comes across as just stupid. Robert Downey Jr. talks way too much in this film which makes him very annoying. Just another stupid action movie but with more stupid in it.
  5. Mar 31, 2012
    I utterly despise this movie. Horribly bad and stupid. Nothing about it was enjoyable and I felt like the story was going no where. Everybody who says this is good has no taste.
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    It is just too immature for my taste. I hope I do not offend anyone with this, but I felt this movie's plot, characters, the science presented was not for mature audiences. It was a typical superhero stuff I never liked.

1. Downey plays off his own bad-boy image wonderfully. The writers give him great lines to work with and ditto that for his Girl Friday, Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts, whose own svelte lines cannot be improved on.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Ever-eclectic director Jon Favreau, who briefly pops up onscreen as a Stark minion, maintains a brisk but not frantic pace, and, in concert with lenser Matthew Libatique, production designer J. Michael Riva and the first-rate visual effects team, has made an unusually elegant looking film for the genre.
  3. Loyal assistant, Pepper Potts, isn't much of a part, but Gwyneth Paltrow is a presence. She stands around looking amused and flabbergastingly pretty, slinging wisecracks with serene aplomb.