Iron Man

8.5

1. Jan 4, 2016
    This movie gives you that feeling that something good might happen when you first see the movie... then here comes the action. Oh! Ah! Yay! Best part about it is that no one can make a good Iron Man actor other than Robert Downey Jr.
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    Iron Man is a great superhero movie, as well as a good comedy, as well as a good drama! Downey Jr.'s sense of humor and sheer is what makes his character so round and a pleasure to watch.
  3. Mar 9, 2011
    Iron Man is brought to life because of Robert Downey Jr. he was the perfect person for the part, he pulled it off so well, and while it might not be the most kid friendly super hero movie it's still an amazing one.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    Bolstered by an utterly iconic lead performance, Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" is a breathtaking, intellectual, gleaming, and an overall ideal addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  5. Sep 15, 2011
    The action and humor is amazingly strong and unnecessary to prove the movie that its worth more than the others; in the end, "Iron Man" is just a decent summer blockbuster.
  6. Nov 15, 2012
    Downey is pitch-perfect as Stark. Rather than creating a strong-man type character, like many superhero movies do, our hero has depth, and that, not the action, is what gives Iron Man its kick.
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    Iron Man is awesome! From the performance of Robert Downy Jr to the inclusion of Jeff Bridges to the snappy writing to the sharp directing. It all comes up aces. Great stuff.
  8. May 11, 2012
    This is one of the first superhero movies to take a hero this isn't mainstream and have a successful story. There is plenty of action and Robert Downey Jr. is perfect as Iron Man.
  9. Aug 1, 2015
    Amazing movie, there is no doubt to express this, Iron Man is Marvel superhero fashion , excellent role that nobody Robert Downey Jr. compares. Incredible!.
  10. Aug 25, 2014
    In the mind-blowing years since Marvel Cinematic Universe was started by this movie, I have discovered new-found love and respect for this movie each time I watch it. Without a doubt this stands at the very top of my favorite movies, and it is not without its merits.

First of all: Robert Downey Jr.'s made for this part. He IS Tony Stark. His portrayal is nigh iconic, bringing life to a character that has now become known all over the world.

This movie looks good, sounds good, is funny in all the right places, moves at the right pace and is, all in all, a perfect movie.

The tragedy of what Tony's character goes through, and the kind of pain he has to overcome in order to find himself and his true purpose - and the heavy weight of what comes after - put layers and layers of emotion and darkness into what would otherwise be a traditional superhero origin story.

So much more needs to be said, but instead of that, just go watch 'Iron Man'!
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    'Iron Man' is a charismatic, thorough, and witty ploy of the classic Marvels character. Robert Downey Jr. has the charm and humorous spirit that drives the film. He's a respectable actor, who doesn't get enough credit. The whole movie is clear and leaves you with an entertained feeling rather than a confused or disappointed one. Everyone else is "good" enough in terms of how actors'Iron Man' is a charismatic, thorough, and witty ploy of the classic Marvels character. Robert Downey Jr. has the charm and humorous spirit that drives the film. He's a respectable actor, who doesn't get enough credit. The whole movie is clear and leaves you with an entertained feeling rather than a confused or disappointed one. Everyone else is "good" enough in terms of how actors normally are in a comic adaptation (Downey was born for this role). It has everything a good superhero film should have. Expand
  12. May 12, 2015
    Surprisingly Iron Man is great. The film takes a secondary comic book character and makes him awesome. The film focuses Tony Stark not Iron Man showing him going through a redemption story and he is fun to watch. The action is great and the film manages to avoid the excessive goofyness and seriousness that has plagued earlier comic-book films. The focus on characters over action makes itSurprisingly Iron Man is great. The film takes a secondary comic book character and makes him awesome. The film focuses Tony Stark not Iron Man showing him going through a redemption story and he is fun to watch. The action is great and the film manages to avoid the excessive goofyness and seriousness that has plagued earlier comic-book films. The focus on characters over action makes it easy to forget that this is a comic-book movie. Iron Man is a fun stand alone summer-blockbuster and the end credits scene adds a nice bonus as its part of a bigger story. Expand
  13. Nov 1, 2010
    Jon Favreau made some great effort in making this superhero epic hit with some talentive acting from Robert Downey Jr.
  14. Feb 14, 2013
    Not only was this one of the best films of 2008, but it was probably the best Marvel 'Phase One' entry, besides 'The Avengers'. Robert Downey Jr is the star in the big suit, and nobody better could have played the genius, womanising, care-free Tony Stark.
    We start off with the wonderful sound of AC/DCs 'Highway to Hell' pocking from a military Humvee, perhaps this was karma, as we then have a little chit-chat involving Stark and soldiers, until an explosion halts their Humvee.
    Rewind a few days before and we get a glimpse of the lifestyle that Stark leads, being a weapons manufacturer clearly has its perks.
    We see the introduction here of many characters involved in Tony's life, his secretary/personal assistant, Pepper Potts (Gwyenth Paltrow) and his mentor and friend Obidihah Stain (a bald Jeff Bridges).
    The film does not attempt to replicate or tred on any other superhero film, doing its own thing has worked wonders for everyone involved. A complete difference of approach has succeeded in Iron Man, not so much a dark tone, but something to set the bar and try its upmost to continue to do so.
    After being captured, Tony decides to build an 'Iron suit' to escape the cave he is being held in, he realises that the terrorists who captured him are using his weapons and must act quickly.
    The debut of the Mark suits are quite excellent, unforgettable set pieces properly balance this movie while Stark is in the suit.Downey Jr's performance is simply unforgettable, his quick-paced dialogue, confidence and charm are enough to convince anyone, his humour is quite simply brilliant.
    The effects, again, are brilliant, the way the suit is put one is absolutely breathtaking, a true leap and a technological achievement. A very witty and exhilarating origin story that never slows down or plays its safe, its a popcorn movie that is so much more, all the heroic elements, but twice the wit and brain.
    A welcome debut for this suited hero, its full of wit and humour from director Jon Favreau (who also cameos as Happy Hogan).
  15. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down one of the best superhero movies ever made. Robert Downey Jr. is fantastic as Tony Stark/Iron Man and the rest of the cast is great as well. They give life to the characters and are all amazing actors. The action sequences were done really well also. This movie has humor, drama, action, romance, intensity, and is told well. The only real issue with the plot itself is that there are a few major plot holes towards the end. For example, how is Obadiah able to see what Pepper downloaded from the computer, check on the progress of his own suit, and then get to Tony's house before Pepper even has a chance to call Tony? Another thing, how does Obadiah get into Tony's house so easily in the first place? Wouldn't you think a genius billionaire like Tony Stark has a halfway decent security system or that Jarvis would've notified Tony? Lastly, how is Obadiah able to master the nuances of his suit immediately without having any trial phase? It took Tony quit a while to master his suit's various functions and yet Obadiah was able to do this right away. These things take away from the movie and prevent it from being a perfect 10/10 but the film was still great. If you're willing to overlook a few flaws then you'll enjoy this a lot. Expand
  16. Jul 29, 2014
    Iron Man is an enormous good movie, that truly is packed with exciting and entertaining scenes that are fantastic to watch.

Iron Man is one of these movies that got everything from great action in a high tempo, a wonderful story, a great opening scene to fantastic special effects. It also got many unique things that truly are rare to see in movies nowadays, and combined with the great music and the exiting adventure of Tony Stark, the movie couldn't be more awesome as it is. There are almost none negative things about this movie at all, but one is that there are some objects in the film that don't look real, but overall is Iron Man a hell of a film!

Iron Man is one flawless movie that truly is cool and groovy to watch.

Iron Man gets a 9/10
  17. Mar 13, 2015
    Iron Man is a well-balanced, action-packed adventure that will entertain all audiences. It possesses wise humor, ground-breaking CGI, a wonderful cast, and a well-grounded setting. This is a good standard for superhero films.
  18. Oct 3, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man (2008)

Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man (2008)

Marvel Cinematic Universe is probably one of the most ambitious film franchises put together by a studio, and most likely, the best. Kevin Feige was the first person to come up with this idea. An idea of creating a shared media universe, grouping famous super-heroes into the big screen. I personally love this idea. Imagining Iron Man teaming up with notable Marvel characters such as: Hulk, Captain America and Thor as well other characters like Black Window and Hawkeye is just extraordinary. Of course I want Spider-Man and Wolverine to join The Avengers, but the movie rights of these characters belong to Sony and Fox, respectively. To do that, those studios need to sell their rights to Marvel but since that’s not gonna happen, they will stick with their own universe. Unfortunately. However, that doesn’t stop Marvel Studios from offering gritty, smarts movies to cinema and also developing stories that lead to bigger and better things. And that’s where “Iron Man” comes in. This movie starts the Phase 1 of this large universe and it’s not only gripping and entertaining, but it’s also amusing and clever, and seems to comprehend the essence of super-heroes. It’s a rousing ride from the beginning to the end, a heartwarming summer blockbuster that takes its incredibleness to higher levels.

Robert Downey Jr. brings a sunny personality into his character, providing fresh and energetic dialogue while also improvising his own lines. He’s the perfect choice for Iron Man. Thank you Marvel Studios for hiring such incredibly talented actor to portray this marvelous character. Thank you. Downey’s character is funny, clever, quick and most important, strong. I swear to God if I could choose anyone to be my partner or best friend, I would choose Robert. About Gwyneth Paltrow, I don’t know why she’s so bashed by everyone. She did very well in this film, to be honest. Maybe I should watch more of her movies (Oh well). Another actor I would like to point out is ah… Jeff Bridges. Jeff’s thick voice makes the villain sound menacing and dangerous, and his performance in this blockbuster is outstanding. I’m not gonna lie, I laughed my ass off when his character started yelling at the poor doctor: “TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILT THIS IN A CAVE!!!! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!!” XD. One minor flaw I would like to point out is that when Obadiah fights with Tony at the nearly end, he knows perfectly how to use the suit. How? He didn’t test it before, like Stark did. Maybe I’m nitpicking a little bit, but when you have these flaws in the narrative, it prevents you from giving a better score to these movies (*cough* The Dark Knight Rises *cough*). However, the actor fits the role of Iron Monger, a flying robotic weapon that fires air-to-surface missiles. He’s really good in combat, which takes us to the next point.

The fight sequences. The fight scenes, although few, are very well done. No shaky cams, no quick zooms or even disturbing amount of explosions (eww Transformers). I’m not gonna say it’s better than those action sequences in “Captain America: The Winter of Soldier”, but it’s definitely pure exciting and visually stunning. Iron Man flying around is fun to watch and the last fight sequence remains spectacular and believable. If there’s something that it’s difficult to capture in super-heroes movies is belief. Movies that successfully did that are Nolan’s Batman trilogy and the first Amazing Spider-Man, and even those have their “suspension of disbelief” moments.

But the highlight of the film is gotta be the storytelling. The way that the film’s narrative flows throughout the movie is fantastic. The story kept my attention, and that’s very hard to do when you’re writing a script and developing characters. It doesn’t throw every information into one film. You know… like “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” did. It doesn’t spend its time trying to set-up future Marvel movies and TV series. The story focus ONLY on the main character and his motivations, personality and past, while occasionally introducing characters that are going to play a major role in the Marvel franchise. That’s how you set-up sequels and crossovers! Even when the movie is not focusing on Tony Stark, the story also manages to entertain the filmgoers with spectacle thrills and proper character development, even if sometimes falls into typical clichés of modern blockbusters. But just few of them. It’s also fun to see the pacing of this flick, which I think it’s beautiful. Another great thing I would like to point out is the directing. Joss Whedon is the director of this movie, and also the character known as Happy Hogan who does a tremendous job in this super-hero movie. He didn’t do a very good job with “Cowboys and Aliens” but with this film, he outstands himself.

Final Score to Iron Man: 9/10. At the end of the day, “Iron Man” is gritty, entertaining and funny (occasionally, thanks to Robert’s charm) .
  19. May 1, 2013
    Since Iron Man 3 comes out this weekend, I thought I'd review the Iron Man movies and just give you my opinion. This one is easily an intense action-packed Marvel hit. I really loved this movie. It's not only a great superhero movie, but it's how every first of a potentially successful trilogy should be. Fresh, fun and exciting. As far as the storyline goes, the dark beginning is whatSince Iron Man 3 comes out this weekend, I thought I'd review the Iron Man movies and just give you my opinion. This one is easily an intense action-packed Marvel hit. I really loved this movie. It's not only a great superhero movie, but it's how every first of a potentially successful trilogy should be. Fresh, fun and exciting. As far as the storyline goes, the dark beginning is what sells for the rest of the movie. Once it gets out that dark mood of the story, (Tony making suits for the "terrorists"), the story tends to loose its feel. Yet, once Tony has made the "main" suit and starts flying around and testing it, that's where the fun part of the story kicks in which surprisingly worked pretty well. By the end when the plot starts to thicken, that's where it not only goes back to being dark, but also has the fun and excitement along with it. The characters, except for Tony, are about average and don't really bring much to the story. But with Tony's wittiness, it tends to help save the movie and go back to the fun and excitement. Overall, it's a fresh start to this potential trilogy. Expand
  20. Mar 15, 2013
    Iron Man is awesome! Robert Downey Jr. is great while the supporting actors are not inferior to him. The screenplay is very good, the few actual action scenes are well made and the characters are relatable and not just after a certain pattern. It's sad that Marvel hasn't made another movie like this because it's outstanding for a sci-fi-action movie. There are a couple of flaws with itIron Man is awesome! Robert Downey Jr. is great while the supporting actors are not inferior to him. The screenplay is very good, the few actual action scenes are well made and the characters are relatable and not just after a certain pattern. It's sad that Marvel hasn't made another movie like this because it's outstanding for a sci-fi-action movie. There are a couple of flaws with it (mainly in the end battle between Downey Jr. and Bridges) that hamper Iron Man from
    being a totally awesome movie, but it sure as hell is one of the best superhero-movies I've seen in my life.
  21. Nov 27, 2013
    Probably the best superhero film made thus far. The casting, the story, the depth of the characters; everything is perfect in what is the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  22. Nov 4, 2013
    "Iron Man" is an excellent Marvel movie. Everything in it is great: the cast, the story, the effects, the villain. This is the type of superhero movie that I enjoy watching, and I can watch this many more times without getting bored.
  23. Nov 13, 2013
    Iron Man is the real deal.
    With great action sequences, Iron Man is not only entertaining, but also intriguing. A deep look into an unpopular hero with wonderful character development and a decent plot.
  24. Apr 17, 2016
    The action and humour is amazingly strong and unnecessary to prove the movie that its worth more than the others; in the end, "Iron Man" is just a decent summer blockbuster.
  25. Mar 7, 2012
    Uff, uff, I can't believe this, wow, this film is AWESOME, and the better is the performance of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, the film is the best film of Marvel Studios. I love Iron Man is a classic.
  26. Oct 16, 2013
    One of the first movies made by Marvel Studio's the original Iron Man remains, with the possible exception of Josh Whedon's 'The Avengers', my favourite superhero movie. With a great mix of humour (Robert Downey Jr was born to play Tony Stark), a number of great action scenes and an excellent soundtrack this is the perfect reminder of just how good a summer blockbuster can be.
  27. Mar 19, 2016
    Thanks to Jon Favreou's direction and Robert Downley Jr interpretation, this film is very intelligent,mlogical, action-packed and truly science-fiction, show an unforgettable character and another terrific film for marvel universe.
  28. Sep 1, 2010
    Playboy, weapons owner, inventor bloke lives it large until he gets caught by enemy soldiers in the Middle-East. Escapes A-Team style, finds out his company are doing dodgy arms deals, becomes a super hero.
    Really enjoyable Marvel romp, good script, great effects & a decent story despite being predictable. Downey Jnr is perfect as the lead & is supported well by Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard & the fantastic Jeff Bridges.
    Nicely set up for a sequel.
  29. Apr 22, 2015
    Comic-book-to-film franchise starters often sag under the weight of creation stories, establishing conflict between the super-heroic and super-villainous and introducing a roster of iconic characters familiar to comics geeks but unknown to the general movie-going public. That's an awful lot of exposition for any one film to handle. Jon Favreau's Iron Man wrestles with thoseComic-book-to-film franchise starters often sag under the weight of creation stories, establishing conflict between the super-heroic and super-villainous and introducing a roster of iconic characters familiar to comics geeks but unknown to the general movie-going public. That's an awful lot of exposition for any one film to handle. Jon Favreau's Iron Man wrestles with those responsibilities as well as a relatively unique conundrum: How do you make audiences care about a character whose face is hidden under a metallic scowl? The Iron Man filmmakers' answer is to cast Robert Downey Jr. in the lead role and keep him out of the Iron Man suit for as long as possible.

Downey stars as dashing billionaire playboy Tony Stark—part Howard Hughes, part Errol Flynn—who leads a life unencumbered by reflection until he's captured and held hostage in Afghanistan by terrorists using his company's weapons. Downey escapes by building a crude version of his Iron Man suit. Upon returning home, Downey perfects the robotic flying suit, but when he announces that his company is getting out of the weapons business he makes himself an inviting target to rivals, including enigmatic father figure Jeff Bridges, who looks disconcertingly like Winter Kills co-star Sterling Hayden with his shaved head and mad-prophet beard.

Iron Man takes its sweet time getting Downey into the Iron Man suit, and it doles out big action setpieces sparingly once man has fused triumphantly with machine. Downey is so much fun as a breezy cad that it's a shame he spends so much time brooding and luxuriating in obsession. Like Ang Lee's Hulk, Iron Man is a comic-book blockbuster characterized as much by heavyweight acting and sober intellectual concerns about the use and misuse of power and technology as the usual comic-book foolishness. But Iron Man finds a much more palatable, audience-friendly balance between delirious spectacle and tortured introspection thanks largely to Downey, a great actor who's also a great entertainer. His relationship with a fire-extinguishing robot is funnier and more poignant than the central relationship between humans in most movies, and there's nothing arbitrary about love interest/long-suffering assistant Gwyneth Paltrow. Having gotten all that exposition out of the way in a brisk and entertaining fashion, Favreau paves the way for more pure fun and excitement in future entries. Iron Man is the rare comic-book movie that makes the prospect of a sequel seem like a promise instead of a threat. Like The Dark Knight, Iron Man doesn't fell like the normal superhero film it has more depth and feeling to it and it works really well!
  30. Jan 6, 2014
    O melhor dos 3 sem dúvidas
  31. Oct 11, 2015
    A great start to the MCU. Tony Stark is a great character and one of the best things about the movie is the fact that there's no "if so-and-so isn't stopped, the world will end" thing from a lot of superhero flicks. Some bad stuff will happen, but nothing that'll bring about the apocalypse. Robert Downey Jr. Gave a good performance (truth be known though, he was essentially playingA great start to the MCU. Tony Stark is a great character and one of the best things about the movie is the fact that there's no "if so-and-so isn't stopped, the world will end" thing from a lot of superhero flicks. Some bad stuff will happen, but nothing that'll bring about the apocalypse. Robert Downey Jr. Gave a good performance (truth be known though, he was essentially playing himself...) it's definitely a good movie. Nice beginning to one of the most well known superhero franchises ever... The Marvel Cinematic Universe. Expand
  32. Apr 29, 2013
    The first of the Marvel Universe is one of its best. Before this flick, Downey Jr was a 'has been actor' and Iron Man is considered as a B-List Marvel Super Hero. That practically changed overnight, with Iron Man. Exciting, humorous and 'organic', Iron Man carries with it a peculiar Indie sensibility in its dialogue. Great and career defining performance by Downey Jr, catapulting himThe first of the Marvel Universe is one of its best. Before this flick, Downey Jr was a 'has been actor' and Iron Man is considered as a B-List Marvel Super Hero. That practically changed overnight, with Iron Man. Exciting, humorous and 'organic', Iron Man carries with it a peculiar Indie sensibility in its dialogue. Great and career defining performance by Downey Jr, catapulting him into an A-Lister. He is Tony Stark, pure and simple; a performance on par with Chris Reeve iconic performance as Superman. Rewatch it again to prepare yourself for Iron Man 3, folks! Expand
  33. May 28, 2015
    This is where the Marvel Cinematic Universe began, and possibly the benchmark for comic book movies in general. Before there was 'Captain America: The First Avenger' (2011), before there was even 'The Avengers' (2012), there was 'Iron Man'.

Robert Downey Jr. makes a comeback for his career as Tony Stark, an eccentric businessman who gets kidnapped and builds a robotic, weapon suit and manages to escape. Gwyneth Paltrow is Pepper Potts, Tony's assistant throughout the entire film.

Jon Favreau, best known as Pete Becker from 'Friends' (Monica's rich boyfriend), and directing 'Elf' (2003) directs this movie with confidence and sure-handedness. 'Transformers' (2007) was released the year before, and I complained that the action scenes, while dazzling, were a bit of a technological mess. Here, you know it's strange when a comedy actor/director can craft a better action movie than Michael Bay, a filmmaker from day one and has directed many action films in his career, but hasn't won the respect of any film critic or audience member.

Jeff Bridges plays Obidiah Stane, the main villain of the film who wants Stark's technology and will do anything to get it.

'Iron Man' is a dazzling summer action blockbuster, full of the comedy charm we expect from Robert Downey Jr. and the action scenes are cleaner and less confusing than the ones in 'Transformers' (2007).

This movie, along with 'The Dark Knight' (2008) are two of the best comic book movies of 2008, and they have raised the bar for the genre. This is fun, and edgy. No other Marvel movie could be a better start to a fantastic universe.
  34. Oct 6, 2010
    I liked the movie, but felt it was a bit overrated. I didn't see what was so special about Robert Downey Jr. And for the record, the Dark Knight is a much better movie.
  35. Aug 21, 2010
    i knew nothing about iron man till i seen this film . as comic books to movies go this is one of the better ones . really i was very sketch on this espicialy with robert downy jr. i wasnt sure if he could pull it off but he did . he came across very well as tony stark as this lovable self absorbed jerk. who was actually pretty funny and entertaining to see . there was some good actiion ai knew nothing about iron man till i seen this film . as comic books to movies go this is one of the better ones . really i was very sketch on this espicialy with robert downy jr. i wasnt sure if he could pull it off but he did . he came across very well as tony stark as this lovable self absorbed jerk. who was actually pretty funny and entertaining to see . there was some good actiion a pretty decent plot . my gripes are though there just wasnt enough action . the final battle seemed way to short . still though it was a fun film and downy kept it entertaining enough through the actionless parts. Expand
  36. Aug 29, 2014
    Iron Man is witty, entertaining and very amusing. Tony Stark is an iconic superhero character. Overall, Iron Man directed by Jon Favreau delivers, but it has few slow parts.
  37. May 2, 2013
    It's definitely better than average. What's good about it is that it gives the audience exactly what it promised. Non-stop edge of your seat entertainment plus great performances and a fantastically well played performance from Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man.
  38. Aug 6, 2015
    Iron Man compite por el trono por "la mejor película de MARVEL de todos los tiempos" a lado de Spider-Man 2. Hace mucho tiempo que no veía una película de Super Héroes llena de humor negro, mas adulta, y con grandes secuencias de acción. Robert Downey Jr es brillante. La primera parte de Iron Man no solo es de las mejores películas de Super Héroes que eh visto, sino también, es la mejor deIron Man compite por el trono por "la mejor película de MARVEL de todos los tiempos" a lado de Spider-Man 2. Hace mucho tiempo que no veía una película de Super Héroes llena de humor negro, mas adulta, y con grandes secuencias de acción. Robert Downey Jr es brillante. La primera parte de Iron Man no solo es de las mejores películas de Super Héroes que eh visto, sino también, es la mejor de su trilogía. Expand
  39. Jan 5, 2016
    WHAT I LIKE: The borth of Marvel's cinematic Universe was a successful one - Robert Downey Jr. establishing himself as the kind of cool. 'Iron Man' is a real classic, a risky adn fresh comic-book movie with no shame. Jon Favreau pulls off a success thanks to the fleshed-out plot is good and characters, gritty vcentral action scene and the cast to pull of the humour and light-hearted toneWHAT I LIKE: The borth of Marvel's cinematic Universe was a successful one - Robert Downey Jr. establishing himself as the kind of cool. 'Iron Man' is a real classic, a risky adn fresh comic-book movie with no shame. Jon Favreau pulls off a success thanks to the fleshed-out plot is good and characters, gritty vcentral action scene and the cast to pull of the humour and light-hearted tone with conviction and excitement.
    WHAT I DON'T LIKE: It's almost perfect in it's first 2 acts, it just sadly needs exploring more in the 2nd half, and the action scene at the end could have been a lot better
    VERDICT: This film will always be a comic bok classic that's never forgotten. 'Iron Man' is a film that lives the test of time for good reasons.
  40. Aug 28, 2011
    Iron Man is not a great superhero movie due to its action scenes or even its humor, but rather a central performance that truly does transform an illustrated creation of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee into a real person, and, get this, he's kind of a jerk.
  41. Jul 13, 2013
    Robert Downey Jr.'s performance is hilarious and suave in this origin story of "Iron Man", which in most cases are why this film works well. Though its first thirty minutes are just so-so, the movie picks up from there and really gets its groove and I started to enjoy it alot. The action, wit, spunk, and originality (despite it being based off the comics), is able to entertain audiencesRobert Downey Jr.'s performance is hilarious and suave in this origin story of "Iron Man", which in most cases are why this film works well. Though its first thirty minutes are just so-so, the movie picks up from there and really gets its groove and I started to enjoy it alot. The action, wit, spunk, and originality (despite it being based off the comics), is able to entertain audiences and can be called a blockbuster! Expand
  42. Feb 7, 2012
    I've wanted to see this film, specifically because Robert Downey Jr was in it, but to also more or less explore the renowned Marvel universe. This isn't necessarily for just the experienced fans of the comics, but even for new fans like me, it certainly learns how to grow on you. If I see a good film, 9 times out of 10, it gets me hooked. This was better than good, and so I felt like aI've wanted to see this film, specifically because Robert Downey Jr was in it, but to also more or less explore the renowned Marvel universe. This isn't necessarily for just the experienced fans of the comics, but even for new fans like me, it certainly learns how to grow on you. If I see a good film, 9 times out of 10, it gets me hooked. This was better than good, and so I felt like a fish being lured towards bait on a hook. Not many action-films can pull of that kind of humour without being childish or crude. So far that I've seen any other superhero, like Batman, or Superman, or Spiderman, Iron Man provides an equal balance of human qualities and superhuman strengths. It would be difficult to find any other man apart from Robert to portray the **** almost conceited playboy multi-talented millionaire, to which there would be an impossible answer to find. Still, I've only scratched the surface of this universe, which, to my extent, is an excellent universe to explore. I'm not even hesitating when it comes to the sequels. Expand
  43. Apr 21, 2014
    Every time i sit down and watch Iron Man i just cant help but think that its kinda average at best, will above average. Maybe its just the fact that i personally cant really relate or like Tony Stark because hes got 2 much of an ego and just feels like a blunt Batman ripoff without the emotional complexity, also the film just kinda drops in quality after the second half with a veryEvery time i sit down and watch Iron Man i just cant help but think that its kinda average at best, will above average. Maybe its just the fact that i personally cant really relate or like Tony Stark because hes got 2 much of an ego and just feels like a blunt Batman ripoff without the emotional complexity, also the film just kinda drops in quality after the second half with a very disappointing third act that i felt was rather rushed and didn't really quite hit all the right notes. All In all its an enjoyable film with an amazing performance by Robert Downy Jr just is not the greatest marvel film of all time and really managed to lose my interest.

44. Oct 18, 2014
    Tony Stark is a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.
  45. Nov 25, 2015
    Iron Man is a great way to kick start the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Robert Downy Jr. gave a really god performance as Iron Man, and the movie had witty jokes and good quips. This certainly is one of the better Marvel films.
  46. Apr 21, 2016
    One of the best superhero movie ever, this film revitalized RDJ's career for a reason, its amazing! You have the complete package here : great performances, great characters, great action, great effects, great humor and a great story. A coherent, never boring pure fun movie.
  47. Dec 21, 2014
    Robert Downey Jr. is a fantastic actor to portray Playboy Millionaire,Tony Stark/Iron Man. Iron man is a very fun and enjoyable Movie with tons of humour and a little bit of action and enjoy Tony Stark Inventing the Iron Man suites.But The Movie suffers from the villain but still a strong or decent summer blockbuster.
  48. Aug 3, 2013
    The movie was a wonderful surprise and an adrenaline powered ride with Robert Downey Jr. at the helm as Tony Stark, this film is one rare comic book movie that delivers quality as well as quantity.
  49. Jun 10, 2016
    .........................................................................Robert Downey Jr, is Amazing in his Comeback full of Style, Iron Man is a potent Blockbuster, With Humor, Action and Coherence...
  50. Jan 22, 2011
    Thanks to its excellent cast, especially Robert Downey Jr., the awesome humor, impressive action, and great script, Iron Man is one of the best comic book movies of all time!
  51. Oct 16, 2013
    a good movie that Marvel took advantage of a character who is not very dear public, is the second best movie marvel, they put the right person for the role of iron man (robert downey jr.).
  52. Jun 25, 2015
    After disappointments like "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Spider-Man 3", "Iron Man" is a big renaissance for the Marvel Universe and it is STILL a solid superhero movie.
  53. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this would be a 9.25 out of 10. Acting is good. Everyone does a good job. Score is good. Has a really good story. Action sequences are great. Looks so cool. Overall, this is a great film. Great superhero film. Highly recommended.
  54. Mar 20, 2016

55. Sep 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man doesn't live up to it's amzing critical claim, but it's still a great film. It contains a lot of silly action which has within it cheesy lines, like: 'My turn.' this was said when Tony was about to burn a batallion of eney soldiers, this scene took place right after the death of Tony's friend/companion, and strangely enough, Tony didn't seem at all sad or effected by the sudden death of his counterpart. The story develops well and the characters gradually reveal their feelings and get you to know them (this is characterization). The finale of the film was exciting and gripping, but it ended suddenly with a nice cliff-hanger(y) line (this almost made up for it).

Iron Man is a flawed, yet enjoyable and gripping with it's exciting action sequences and story developement. So I give this film a... 78/100!
  56. Jul 2, 2016
    Iron Man is the film that launched the Marvel universe to its level today. Downey Jr owns Iron Man, and shows us Stark's transformation from selfish businessman to superhero. Watch this before watching any Avengers movies.
  57. Apr 8, 2016
    ............................................................................................................................................Incredible
  58. Dec 15, 2014
    Iron Man is an amazing comic book adaptation. It tells the story of Tony Stark as he creates the ultimate weapon, the Iron Man suit. It has an unreal level of realism and the effects are amazing as well as the acting and an amazing performance from Robert Downey Jr. This movie marked the beginning of Marvel phase 1.
  59. Apr 11, 2016
    One of the greatest Marvel films to date. Downey is absolutely awesome in the role, and carries this and the sequels, despite the poor sequels to follow up this awesome movie.
  60. Jun 1, 2016
    The start of the MCU and in my opinion the best of the MCU. Iron man is an awesome film it really is and Downey shines. Marvel did it well with this film, taking a relatively unknown character and turning him into a beloved one.
  61. Aug 11, 2010
    Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" was a film no one I knew believed in mainly due to the star of the film Robert Downey, Jr. playing the lead as the eccentric and ever so quirky hero Tony Stark. But after hearing much hype and seeing the praise it received from critics and audiences my dad and I went to the theaters to the see the much hyped " Iron Man", I walked in slightly skeptical of theJon Favreau's "Iron Man" was a film no one I knew believed in mainly due to the star of the film Robert Downey, Jr. playing the lead as the eccentric and ever so quirky hero Tony Stark. But after hearing much hype and seeing the praise it received from critics and audiences my dad and I went to the theaters to the see the much hyped " Iron Man", I walked in slightly skeptical of the film not knowing of the talent of Robert Downey Jr. or Jon Favreau. I remember sitting there as the lights dimmed wondering if this film is going to live up to the hype it has established or even be worth the sixteen bucks. As the film rolled on, I sat there in awe of this magnificent and glorious science fiction/superhero thriller. "Iron Man" is a fast paced, outrageously funny, dark, complex and witty thrill ride that not only single hand revive the career of Robert Downey, Jr. but shot him straight up into the stratosphere of fame It's the kind of film that the minute it's over you want to see it again. Then when it ends a second time, you want to see it a third time and then a fourth. Hell you will want to see it as many times as you can it is just too good to ignore or hate. "Iron Man" takes off at a thousand miles per hour and pulls the audiences in on the ride of a lifetime with breathtaking special effects, mind-blowing action, outrageous plot twist and RDJ. leading it all the way to the number 2 spot amongst comic book adaptations solidifying it as one of the best and showing the world Robert Downey Jr.'s talent. I loved the wit and charm of this movie, I loved the grittiness and dark complexity of the characters it seems everyone of them has there own problems in one way or another they all are dealing with emotional problems which makes them a real class act of complicated characters. The film draws it strength from its characters it feeds off there power , there emotions it uses them not only as actors but as the main power source for the films ferocity and drive there crucial to it and the with the wrong actors this film would have fallen apart faster than those boy bands from the 90's. Thanks to brilliant casting and phenomenal direction from Jon Favreau â Expand
  62. Dec 5, 2010
    Amazing movie. Iron Man is a great superhero and character. Each character is developed nicely, each action scene is nicely done, each actor did great in their roles, and it has a great optimistic tone to it which helps the entertainment factor, which is high.
  63. Apr 7, 2016
    Iron man is the universally acclaimed superhero film that launched the beginning of the Marvel cinematic universe. The universal acclaim is helped by the strong performance of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron man and the action that changed superhero movies forever. However I am many of few to call this movie overrated, with it's anti climactic ending and predictable plot. Though InIron man is the universally acclaimed superhero film that launched the beginning of the Marvel cinematic universe. The universal acclaim is helped by the strong performance of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron man and the action that changed superhero movies forever. However I am many of few to call this movie overrated, with it's anti climactic ending and predictable plot. Though In the end this can still be called a good movie and possibly the most fun superhero movie ever made. While I like DC better comic-book wise, you have to agree that marvel makes better movies. Expand
  64. May 5, 2015
    This was the first Marvel movie I'd seen besides Guardians of the Galaxy, and I have to say it was so good that I watched several other ones in quick succession. I'm not used to the form and structure of superhero movies, so it took me a while to clue in that because it's an origin story, Iron Man wouldn't reach his full form until late in the film. I was also super surprised to see thatThis was the first Marvel movie I'd seen besides Guardians of the Galaxy, and I have to say it was so good that I watched several other ones in quick succession. I'm not used to the form and structure of superhero movies, so it took me a while to clue in that because it's an origin story, Iron Man wouldn't reach his full form until late in the film. I was also super surprised to see that Iron Man is fighting terrorists--I was not expecting that, although after I thought about it for a while I realized that it's a natural way to update superhero plots to reflect modern American concerns.

In any case, the movie had a lively and engaging plot, and of course, Robert Downey Jr. was amazing. His smarmy one-liners and his impatience for everyone and everything are hilarious, and he somehow manages to remain charming despite being a huge jerk to everyone. His odd relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts is a good humanizing factor in the movie, as it's clear from their first interactions that he values her more than he's willing to let on. It was neat to see the seeds being planted for the sequels, and of course the film's surprising end-note was as fun as it was frustrating.
  65. May 23, 2015
    This movie does a great job as an origin story for Iron Man. You see him go through building Mark I, II, and III. The acting, the action, the story; it all comes together to make what was one of the best super hero movies (before Marvel started making so many films they're hard to keep track of). It's still one of my favorite Marvel films, next to Iron Man 2, The Avengers, and maybeThis movie does a great job as an origin story for Iron Man. You see him go through building Mark I, II, and III. The acting, the action, the story; it all comes together to make what was one of the best super hero movies (before Marvel started making so many films they're hard to keep track of). It's still one of my favorite Marvel films, next to Iron Man 2, The Avengers, and maybe Guardians of the Galaxy (oh, and Winter Soldier). Anyways, see the movie if you haven't already. Even if you've seen 2 and 3 (but not 1), just go back and watch it. Expand
  66. May 4, 2014
    A freaking awesome, cool, slick, and captivating comic book film. Robert Downy Jr. owns it as Tony Stark. The tech is awesome, the music is awesome, the action is great, the story is memorable. Iron Man is a solid superhero flick
  67. Jul 17, 2012
    Still one of Marvel's best movies, Iron Man is faithful to the comics yet original at the same time and Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark. The movie has lots of fun moments for one so grounded in reality, and it gets the mix of action, comedy and drama perfect. This movie was the best way to get the MCU going.
  68. Jan 17, 2013
    One of the best superhero movies i've ever seen, but not the best. I like Downey and the character of him. I love this movie.
  69. Feb 23, 2014
    Looking back at this almost six years after, this is still the greatest pre-Avengers MCU movie, why?
    Because it is clever, fun, funny, has a great lead actor, modernizes, and gives justice to Iron-Man, and has no big flaw like the other pre-Avengers MCU movies had, and even as a standalone movie it is still a great movie.
  70. May 29, 2015
    The first Iron Man was such an excellent way to begin the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's a great origin story movie for the hero in Iron we all love today. Robert Downey Jr's performance is top notch and he does a great job of being the character he is in this film. This film masterfully blends action and comedy very well and it's a lot of fun seeing Tony Stark trying out his new IronThe first Iron Man was such an excellent way to begin the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's a great origin story movie for the hero in Iron we all love today. Robert Downey Jr's performance is top notch and he does a great job of being the character he is in this film. This film masterfully blends action and comedy very well and it's a lot of fun seeing Tony Stark trying out his new Iron equipment and getting it to work. You have other great performances and there is even a cool fight at the end, even though I wish the fight was a bit more climatic. The first Iron Man is a must see for all Marvel die-hards out there! Expand
  71. Jan 17, 2015
    A charismatic lead from Downey, Jr., spectacular effects, a surprisingly coherent story, and witty dialog, Iron Man is the rare summer blockbuster that manages to be ridiculously fun while also providing a great story and characters. I couldn't have imagined a better start for the MCU.

9.5/10
  72. Apr 28, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man was a bold risk to start off he Marvel Cinematic universe. those who are are well knowledge of he Marvel Universe know his importance but the average film goer wouldn't have heard of him if it wasn't for this movie. Thankfully the risk paid off not just for this movie but for the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe. Robert Downey Jr. plays the charismatic Tony Stark as he starts off being an arms dealer but later learns the errors of his ways. He relies heavily on his metal chest piece to stay alive which makes this hero unique since his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness. The technology gives him alot of power but it also his life support. Stark is a likable hero due to the fact that his vulnerability is a state that the average person can face. The biggest strength of the film let alone the whole Iron Man film franchise are the interactions between him and the rest of the cast. He has great chemistry with Gwenoth Paltrow which gives rise to wonderful romance. Jeff Bridges is actually a great villain as the fearsome Iron Monger when he creates his own suit of armor based on the Iron Man prototype. The fight with him is an an intense climax and it is a nice visual representation of him fighting against what he used to be. The biggest shocker of the film though was when Stark reveals his secret identity to the world. This allows unique possibilities for him to explore his relation with the rest of the world. This film is a great foundation for the Marvel Cinematic universe. Expand
  73. Jun 15, 2011
    Well done super-hero movie! Robert Downey Jr. plays Tony Stark amazingly well and the movie tells the beginnings of our beloved super-hero Iron Man in a very modern and great manner. Must see for every comic book fan!
  74. Feb 6, 2012
    One of the best Marvel movies ever! Iron Man comes with a brilliant acting Robert Downey Jr and a portion of humor and action which fits perfect together.
  75. Aug 3, 2014
    A great film has a great soundtrack, good special effects, has some funny scenes, Robert Downey Jr. played very well the role of Tony Stark, the story was very well done, and the armor of Iron Man was also great, I recommend for those who have not watched, you watch, worth it.
  76. Oct 18, 2010
    Such a welcome and unexpected surprise as Iron Man defies expectation and turns out to be something quite special. Exceptionally cast; Robert Downey Jr. steals the show and blows away all the other competition. It's very funny, action packed and although it may lack a overall plot, Iron Man turns out to be a fun filled ride that you half wish would never end.
  77. Jul 26, 2014
    Robert D Jnr is one of my favorite actors and he plays Tony Stark perfectly the action and special effects is top notch the story is great this is a ridiculously fun superhero movie.

my ratting 8/10 8/10 for action/special effects 8.5/10 acting 8/10 for story 8/10 for style 8/10 for characters/ character development.
  78. May 2, 2015
    Incredible movie! fun, engaging, cool, funny, entertaining, this movie has it all! Robert Downey Jr. does such an amazing job! Such an awesome way to kick off the build up to Avengers
  79. Aug 1, 2011
    The first movie from Marvel Studios began with a huge bang thanks to its competent director and charismatic star. Robert Downey Jr. brought so much energy to this role it seems he was born to play it. **** and confident and struggling to make right what he believes he helped make wrong. I never read any of these comics, because Iâ
  80. Aug 8, 2012
    The action mixed with the humor made Iron Man a great movie, Marvel has done it again, Robert Downey Jr played the character very well, and it left me anxiously waiting for Iron Man 2. However, some parts of the movie were quite predictable.
  81. Nov 2, 2015
    This is Marvel's best film in a long time (or ever). Iron Man does a very good job of making this movie fun and hilarious for fans to watch. And who knew Robert Downey Jr and Tony Stark would look alike.
  82. Nov 6, 2010
    Smarter than your average superhero movie, Iron Man is very entertaining, largely in part because of its strong leads, clever dialogue and realistic characters. It's really too bad the sequel was so disappointing.
  83. Aug 24, 2013
    [8.4] With no doubt, a perfectly cast movie, with a great script and plenty of entertaining action. It doesn't quite reach the depth and complexity of Christopher Nolan's Batman series, but it marks the beginning of good comic book movies.
  84. Apr 29, 2013
    This is Robert Downey JR's film. He is Iron Man and he is the thing that propels the film ok comic book film, to great comic book movie. Definitely watch this movie, especially if you want to get the most out of watching the avengers.
  85. May 30, 2016
    Heroic, full of fun and memorable moments, Iron Man is a film that fits well the character and is among the best that cinema has created the comic genre.
  86. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט שפותח את המארוול יוניברס בצורה מרשימה, עם הסרט הכי טוב שעד הנוקמים אף סרט לא השתווה אליו, רוברט דאוני ג'וניור מושלם לתפקיד של איירון מן וטוני סטארק. הסרט הכי טוב של איירון מן עד עכשיו, הוא יותר טוב מאיירון מן 2 ומהדבר הזה שלא ראוי להיקרא סרט אבל משום מה אנשים נוהגים לקרוא לו "איירון מן 3"הסרט שפותח את המארוול יוניברס בצורה מרשימה, עם הסרט הכי טוב שעד הנוקמים אף סרט לא השתווה אליו, רוברט דאוני ג'וניור מושלם לתפקיד של איירון מן וטוני סטארק. הסרט הכי טוב של איירון מן עד עכשיו, הוא יותר טוב מאיירון מן 2 ומהדבר הזה שלא ראוי להיקרא סרט אבל משום מה אנשים נוהגים לקרוא לו "איירון מן 3"
  87. May 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Robert Downey Jr. was awesome as Iron Man. This is a very good origin story and there is a lot of action in this movie. The only problem was that Iron Monger was only seen for a small amount of time. There were some weird parts in the film such as the part with the pole dancing flight attendants. It was a very good movie. Expand
  88. Mar 2, 2016
    This movie was breathtaking!!! It was action packed, funny, and quite intelligent too!!! Robert Downey Jr was born to play the role of Tony Stark and this will always be known as one of the greatest comic book movies ever made!
  89. Nov 13, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe's best movie (unless you prefer Guardians of the Galaxy), Iron Man delivers a fresh take on the superhero movie franchise. What was novel was its focus on fun, yet its concept of implying a greater universe of interacting superheroes, which was magical before the Cinematic Universe's excessive use of the concept, thus bringing plot-holes.
  90. Nov 23, 2012
    Iron Man is a great movie which is one of the tie in movies towards The Avengers in Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Plot: Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is a billionaire and owner of Stark Industries, a company which produces weapons. After a standard weapons demonstration, Stark's convoy is ambushed by terrorists and he loses consciousness. When he re awakens as a prisoner, there is a batteryIron Man is a great movie which is one of the tie in movies towards The Avengers in Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Plot: Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is a billionaire and owner of Stark Industries, a company which produces weapons. After a standard weapons demonstration, Stark's convoy is ambushed by terrorists and he loses consciousness. When he re awakens as a prisoner, there is a battery attached to his chest keeping him alive. The terrorists want him to create weapons for them. He pretends as if he is building them when he is actually building a compact metal heart to replace the heavy battery, and a metal suit outfitted with weapons which he then uses to escape. During his imprisonment, he realizes that Stark weaponry is also being used by the terrorists. When he arrives back to his home he perfects his suit and becomes Iron Man. He also lashes out at his own company but is judged by the media which almost makes him lose his rights to it. In the meanwhile he vows to keep corrupted parts of the world free from terrorism. Opinion: Iron Man is well done, and makes the audience question the arms race to a larger extent. I recommend this movie to those who own their own large buisness, are very wealthy, and those who are interested in machinery. I also reccomend this movie to those who are interested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Expand
  91. Feb 27, 2014
    RDJ a Charismatic Super Hero !!!

** Iron Man ** * The hero of this movie tony stark a genius inventor and weapon designer who owns stark industries ! with all wealth and fame he is been pushed in certain tragedies that eventually transforms him into a super hero .This movie has made a super hero who is more charismatic, charming and iconic !!. * This movie which is inspired by
    RDJ a Charismatic Super Hero !!!

** Iron Man **

* This movie which is inspired by iron man comics itself ! still they made an excellent performance in making this movie to a whole new level not only as comic book movie but movie with sci fi and action genres . This movie delivers you the humor & excitement with interesting screen play and with great acting performance .

* The Story is also mainly inspired by comics as i mentioned but there have been slight modification in which it will be surprising even though its from comics but yet they differ if you would compare this movie to comics.This movie is about tony stark and his adventures of becoming a super hero known as Iron Man as you dwell more into it you would find it very interesting its as simple as that !!

* Robert Downey Jr who plays as Tony Stark has done a fantastic performance in which you would be dazzled because he act in the way that he is a living tony stark .The performance in which he delivers the humor & charisma with such elegance and charm which not easy achieve !! with this fantastic performance he shows that he is a great actor !!! .But there are other actors who did their very best and gave wonderful performance people such as Terrence Howard as Rhodey, Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts with such wonderful cast that gives a wonderful results !! .

* The Director of this movie Jon Favreau has done a great performance !!.The Characters in this movie were very well developed each and every one got their purpose in this movie these things are executed perfectly without any mismatch .The screen play of this movie was absolutely perfect it displays with such good adventure and excitement which you would have never expected !! lets not forget visual effects department for their wonderful performance on bringing iron man in big screen they also made perfect action sequence with all fireworks that gave all the clarity to this movie !! .

* The Music Department did a good and decent job in Back Ground Composing for this movie !! .

* Over All the movie is very fantastic and awesome !! this movie that gives you such humor and charisma you will be watching this movie twice its worth watching this movie twice and that's guaranteed !!!.

Iron Man :**********

(10/10) Stars
  92. Mar 28, 2016
    Definitely one of the best superhero movies of all time, Iron man has it all, action, humor, and most importantly intrigue. It saddens me that the later marvel films (with the exception of TWS) weren't able to capture the same magic. Iron man not only revived Downey's career but also gave the comic books the recognition that they deserve.
  93. Feb 7, 2016
    La película que comenzó la franquicia fílmica más taquillera de todas, la vi por curiosidad por un aviso público y si podia quitarme el mal gusto que me dejó Spider-Man 3, por esa época no sabia que de ahi se construiría algo más grande, la película fue una sorpresa, Robert Downey Jr. ha nacido para este personaje y pudo salir de su turbio pasado, él no hace de Tony Stark EL ES Tony Stark,La película que comenzó la franquicia fílmica más taquillera de todas, la vi por curiosidad por un aviso público y si podia quitarme el mal gusto que me dejó Spider-Man 3, por esa época no sabia que de ahi se construiría algo más grande, la película fue una sorpresa, Robert Downey Jr. ha nacido para este personaje y pudo salir de su turbio pasado, él no hace de Tony Stark EL ES Tony Stark, el origen del héroe está perfectamente adaptado a nuestra época sin alejarse mucho del cómic Tales of Supense, los efectos especiales impresionantes y la trama no está tan estereotipada como peliculas del mismo género previas a esta, por eso a mucha gente dice que es una de las mejores películas de Marvel Studios aunque en lo personal no figura en mis 5 mejores del estudio, pero reafirmo que ha sido la bomba de un comienzo, también una buena historia de rendención tanto para el protagonista y su intérprete, lo único que no me gustó fue la batalla final, con el héroe desventajado y fue fugaz Expand
  94. Mar 19, 2011
    Iron Man was a huge surprise. And a very pleasant one at that. Going into the summer of 2008, my attention was completely preoccupied with The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk, Kung Fu Panda, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, Indiana Jones 4, Wanted, Hellboy II, Wall-E, Step Brothers and The Mummy 3. All of which were very hyped up titles that had people lining up for them. But, amongIron Man was a huge surprise. And a very pleasant one at that. Going into the summer of 2008, my attention was completely preoccupied with The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk, Kung Fu Panda, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, Indiana Jones 4, Wanted, Hellboy II, Wall-E, Step Brothers and The Mummy 3. All of which were very hyped up titles that had people lining up for them. But, among them was one of the best comic book movies ever made. As much as I love The Dark Knight and Tropic Thunder (they're in my top three favorite all-time movies), I think that Iron Man is superior to both of them in many ways. It is highly entertaining, throughout. It doesn't matter if you like Superheroes, or not. There is something in this film for just about everyone. The few action scenes are top notch. My personal favorite is the scene when Iron Man returns to the Middle East to destroy all of his weapons. The acting is phenomenal. Robert Downey Jr. was beyond perfect as Tony Stark. I am always glad to see A-listers give their all in these types of films because it proves that they are not just for children and geeks (honestly, we all still have a little of both in us). The rest of the amazing cast consists of Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard and even Samuel L. Jackson in a surprise post-credits cameo. I also have to mention the director, Jon Favreau. I only knew him from comedies and tv, but he did a great job with this big blockbuster. Despite the great action, direction , and superb casting, the real key to this movie's excellence is the script. The writing is not quite as deep and dark as The Dark Knight, but for a supposedly "summer popcorn action flick", it is right on par. It never hurts to get a team of actual comic book writers along with the creator himself, Stan The Man, to guide you and tell you what fits, and what doesn't. That is the only way to make a comic book character come to life, just as he is on the pages. And in the end it will always pay off with the most important group in the audience, the fans. I cannot say that without admitting something though. I was never an avid reader of the Iron Man comics, although he does make an appearance in alot of my books. But I am very familiar with the character, not only from my comics that he is in, but also the cartoon from the 90's. I still try to catch episodes of the cartoon to this day. The reason I never got into his comic arc is because, I honestly had no interest in the villains he fought, except for the Hulk. Most of his villains were just big robots and monsters (Godzilla was actually one of them). With that said, I was still happy to see that they chose a very conventional first villain, Iron Monger. As long as they never make a movie with M.O.D.O.K., I will be happy. My only complaint about this movie is how scarce the action is. There are only really three scenes of action in total. I know it may seem a little hypocritical for me to complain about the action in Iron Man and give it a 90%, when I gave The Dark Knight 100%, and it had even less action than Iron Man. But the difference between the two is that Iron Man is an action movie, but in my opinion, The Dark Knight is a drama. Alot of people would probably disagree with that statement, but after watching both films many many times, that's the feeling I get about them. The action scenes that it does have are beautiful though. I just think Jon Favreau is not an action director, so he played it safe. In the end, that may have been why Iron Man was so great. I was really surprised that Iron Man became one of my favorite movies. It reminds me of how i felt about Star Trek. I had my doubts, but those doubts were completely shattered after seeing it. I cannot wait for Iron Man 2. I'm hoping that it repeats the cycle of great comic book movie sequels. Following in the footsteps of X2, Spider-man 2, The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk (if you consider that a sequel), and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (just kidding). Expand
  95. May 6, 2013
    Great film with an amazingly well-translated origin story. The first half of this film is fantastic, for both casual movie-goers and hardcore comic book fans alike. However, unfortunately, the film starts to lose a bit of direction in the second half it never gets bad...it just starts to fall a little bit flat. I don't feel like Iron Monger was strong enough of a villain to carry theGreat film with an amazingly well-translated origin story. The first half of this film is fantastic, for both casual movie-goers and hardcore comic book fans alike. However, unfortunately, the film starts to lose a bit of direction in the second half it never gets bad...it just starts to fall a little bit flat. I don't feel like Iron Monger was strong enough of a villain to carry the ending. Great movie overall though, one of Marvel's best. Expand
  96. May 18, 2012
    Iron Man is fun from the start to finish with a mixture of action and comedy. It was really the movie to see in the summer of 2008. Robert Downey, Jr. was great in his role as Tony Stark / Iron Man. I'd give Iron Man an 8 out of 10.
  97. Sep 4, 2012
    "Iron Man" is fantastic. I admired the animations, the story and the voice acting, because all of them are fantastic. And, sure, the comedy scenes were funny, but, the fact is that Iron Man, It's not a masterpiece. Still, worth it!
  98. Jul 5, 2011
    This movie is amazing because of Jon Favreau's directing and Robert Downey Jr's acting. The only thing this movie lacks is action scenes, because there isnt that many of them.
  99. May 16, 2013
    I'm just going to go out and say it, Iron Man is a masterpiece. This movie as well as The Dark Knight have pushed new boundaries in the average comic book movie and influenced many more comic book movies to come. It had the perfect combination of comedic relief and serious subject matter that you never doubted its superiority. Now, let's get into the love session.
    Iron Man has a quality
    Iron Man has a quality that not a lot of comic book movies have, it has the quality of separating it's genres. This meaning that it's comedic and dramatic timing was very good. It was funny when it needed to be and it was serious when it needed to be, nothing overlapped. Unlike in a lot of other Superhero movies where the comedic relief was right in the middle of an action sequence and you just roll your eyes (this will actually come into play in the next two installments). This movie had none of that and it's mostly thanks to the great script.
    This movie really did path the way for many comic book films top come and it did a good amount of this with it's action sequences. They were great! They way they looked, the way they were shot, the look of everything was so cool. Jon Favreau does a fantastic job with this movie. The scene when Iron Man goes and kills the terrorists by using this lock on device and swiftly kills the terrorists without harming a single civilian which they are holding hostage. Then when you think it's done, it's not because the terrorists use a tank to shoot at him and he easily dodges their first attempt and then blows it up and walks away slowly as it is destroyed. Mesmerizing is all I can say.
    This movie had a ton of tension too. It was riveting and it really made you feel for the characters and relate to them thanks to the dramatic depth that it preserved. Like The Dark Knight, this wasn't all about the hero battling off bad guys. It's about the character within the suit, Tony Stark. Tony Stark is an interesting character and Robert Downey Jr. does a phenomenal job as him (the role he was born to play). Tony Stark is an extremely wealthy arms dealer who is completely reliant on war to keep his wealth and stay on top. He is extremely self centered and inconsiderate until he is captured by a group of terrorists and that's when he goes through his change. He then quits arms dealing and uses Stark industries for a better cause. This is when he becomes Iron Man. Although this man is as wealthy as one can get and he is a Superhero, he is strangely relatable. The script does such a good job of utilizing his human side that you can relate to a character that you will probably never be. This is also thanks to the dramatic depth in the story and the hidden meaning behind the suit.
    Iron Man is a movie that just won't quit. This is a classic that will surely be remembered for years to come. It has influenced many other films and has spawned two sequels since its release in 2008 that sadly didn't even come close to this movie. In my mind I feel that this is a masterpiece that deserves everything that it has become. Unique and undeniably awesome, Iron Man is the gold standard for comic book, and action movies all together.
  100. Jun 18, 2013
    One of those rare gems that is great all the way through. A great origin story, with everything you could want. The action is fun, the characters are complex and intriguing, and you get tons of great moments throughout the film. Absolutely recommended to everyone.

1. Downey plays off his own bad-boy image wonderfully. The writers give him great lines to work with and ditto that for his Girl Friday, Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts, whose own svelte lines cannot be improved on.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Ever-eclectic director Jon Favreau, who briefly pops up onscreen as a Stark minion, maintains a brisk but not frantic pace, and, in concert with lenser Matthew Libatique, production designer J. Michael Riva and the first-rate visual effects team, has made an unusually elegant looking film for the genre.
  3. Loyal assistant, Pepper Potts, isn't much of a part, but Gwyneth Paltrow is a presence. She stands around looking amused and flabbergastingly pretty, slinging wisecracks with serene aplomb.