8.3

1. Apr 9, 2014
    This movie was action-packed, humorous, had a great plot, had great special effects, and ws hands down the best Marvel movie ever! Robert Downey Junior is great as Tony Stark with his reckless, arrogant attitude! Superhero fan or not, this film is a must-see!
  2. Apr 8, 2014
    Iron Man is an enormous good movie, that truly is packed with exciting and entertaining scenes that are fantastic to watch. Iron Man is one of these movies that got everything from great action in a high tempo, a wonderful story, a great opening scene to fantastic special effects. It also got many unique things that truly is rare to see in movies nowadays, and combined with the great music and the exiting adventure of Tony Stark, the movie couldn't be more awesome as it is. There are almost none negative things about this movie at all, but one is that there are some objects in the film that don't look real, but overall is Iron Man a hell of a film!

Iron Man is one flawless movie that truly is cool and groovy to watch.

Iron Man gets a 9/10
  3. Apr 1, 2014
    The first entry in Marvel's Cinematic Universe is Iron Man; a solid and exciting action-packed superhero that shouldn't be taken too seriously. What can I say, it's witty, it's action packed and has a very good story line that is entertaining and never boring! Robert Downy Jr. does a fantastic performance when it comes to playing Tony Stark, he may be self-centered but he has some witty lines and is in some good action scenes. Overall this is a good telling of the Iron Man origin story. I think that you should see it when you get the chance. Expand
  4. Feb 27, 2014
    RDJ a Charismatic Super Hero !!! ** Iron Man ** * The hero of this movie tony stark a genius inventor and weapon designer who owns stark industries ! with all wealth and fame he is been pushed in certain tragedies that eventually transforms him into a super hero .This movie has made a super hero who is more charismatic, charming and iconic !!. * This movie which is inspired by iron man comics itself ! still they made an excellent performance in making this movie to a whole new level not only as comic book movie but movie with sci fi and action genres . This movie delivers you the humor & excitement with interesting screen play and with great acting performance .

* The Story is also mainly inspired by comics as i mentioned but there have been slight modification in which it will be surprising even though its from comics but yet they differ if you would compare this movie to comics.This movie is about tony stark and his adventures of becoming a super hero known as Iron Man as you dwell more into it you would find it very interesting its as simple as that !!

* Robert Downey Jr who plays as Tony Stark has done a fantastic performance in which you would be dazzled because he act in the way that he is a living tony stark .The performance in which he delivers the humor & charisma with such elegance and charm which not easy achieve !! with this fantastic performance he shows that he is a great actor !!! .But there are other actors who did their very best and gave wonderful performance people such as Terrence Howard as Rhodey, Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts with such wonderful cast that gives a wonderful results !! .

* The Director of this movie Jon Favreau has done a great performance !!.The Characters in this movie were very well developed each and every one got their purpose in this movie these things are executed perfectly without any mismatch .The screen play of this movie was absolutely perfect it displays with such good adventure and excitement which you would have never expected !! lets not forget visual effects department for their wonderful performance on bringing iron man in big screen they also made perfect action sequence with all fireworks that gave all the clarity to this movie !! .

* The Music Department did a good and decent job in Back Ground Composing for this movie !! .

* Over All the movie is very fantastic and awesome !! this movie that gives you such humor and charisma you will be watching this movie twice its worth watching this movie twice and that's guaranteed !!!.

Iron Man :**********

(10/10) Stars
  5. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. best start to a franchise.Robert jr. is overwhelming .the entire cast is excellent . jon favreau made a best combo also at last to make blast.may they continue this. Terrence might have have done well. Expand
  6. Nov 27, 2013
    Probably the best superhero film made thus far. The casting, the story, the depth of the characters; everything is perfect in what is the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    'Iron Man' is a charismatic, thorough, and witty ploy of the classic Marvels character. Robert Downey Jr. has the charm and humorous spirit that drives the film. He's a respectable actor, who doesn't get enough credit. The whole movie is clear and leaves you with an entertained feeling rather than a confused or disappointed one. Everyone else is "good" enough in terms of how actors normally are in a comic adaptation (Downey was born for this role). It has everything a good superhero film should have. Expand
  8. Oct 16, 2013
    One of the first movies made by Marvel Studio's the original Iron Man remains, with the possible exception of Josh Whedon's 'The Avengers', my favourite superhero movie. With a great mix of humour (Robert Downey Jr was born to play Tony Stark), a number of great action scenes and an excellent soundtrack this is the perfect reminder of just how good a summer blockbuster can be.
  9. Aug 3, 2013
    The movie was a wonderful surprise and an adrenaline powered ride with Robert Downey Jr. at the helm as Tony Stark, this film is one rare comic book movie that delivers quality as well as quantity.
  10. Jun 18, 2013
    One of those rare gems that is great all the way through. A great origin story, with everything you could want. The action is fun, the characters are complex and intriguing, and you get tons of great moments throughout the film. Absolutely recommended to everyone.
  11. May 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Robert Downey Jr. was awesome as Iron Man. This is a very good origin story and there is a lot of action in this movie. The only problem was that Iron Monger was only seen for a small amount of time. There were some weird parts in the film such as the part with the pole dancing flight attendants. It was a very good movie. Expand
  12. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down one of the best superhero movies ever made. Robert Downey Jr. is fantastic as Tony Stark/Iron Man and the rest of the cast is great as well. They give life to the characters and are all amazing actors. The action sequences were done really well also. This movie has humor, drama, action, romance, intensity, and is told well. The only real issue with the plot itself is that there are a few major plot holes towards the end. For example, how is Obadiah able to see what Pepper downloaded from the computer, check on the progress of his own suit, and then get to Tony's house before Pepper even has a chance to call Tony? Another thing, how does Obadiah get into Tony's house so easily in the first place? Wouldn't you think a genius billionaire like Tony Stark has a halfway decent security system or that Jarvis would've notified Tony? Lastly, how is Obadiah able to master the nuances of his suit immediately without having any trial phase? It took Tony quit a while to master his suit's various functions and yet Obadiah was able to do this right away. These things take away from the movie and prevent it from being a perfect 10/10 but the film was still great. If you're willing to overlook a few flaws then you'll enjoy this a lot. Expand
  13. May 6, 2013
    Great film with an amazingly well-translated origin story. The first half of this film is fantastic, for both casual movie-goers and hardcore comic book fans alike. However, unfortunately, the film starts to lose a bit of direction in the second half it never gets bad...it just starts to fall a little bit flat. I don't feel like Iron Monger was strong enough of a villain to carry the ending. Great movie overall though, one of Marvel's best. Expand
  14. Apr 29, 2013
    The first of the Marvel Universe is one of its best. Before this flick, Downey Jr was a 'has been actor' and Iron Man is considered as a B-List Marvel Super Hero. That practically changed overnight, with Iron Man. Exciting, humorous and 'organic', Iron Man carries with it a peculiar Indie sensibility in its dialogue. Great and career defining performance by Downey Jr, catapulting him into an A-Lister. He is Tony Stark, pure and simple; a performance on par with Chris Reeve iconic performance as Superman. Rewatch it again to prepare yourself for Iron Man 3, folks! Expand
  15. Feb 14, 2013
    Not only was this one of the best films of 2008, but it was probably the best Marvel 'Phase One' entry, besides 'The Avengers'. Robert Downey Jr is the star in the big suit, and nobody better could have played the genius, womanising, care-free Tony Stark.
    We start off with the wonderful sound of AC/DCs 'Highway to Hell' pocking from a military Humvee, perhaps this was karma, as we then
    have a little chit-chat involving Stark and soldiers, until an explosion halts their Humvee.
    Rewind a few days before and we get a glimpse of the lifestyle that Stark leads, being a weapons manufacturer clearly has its perks.
    We see the introduction here of many characters involved in Tony's life, his secretary/personal assistant, Pepper Potts (Gwyenth Paltrow) and his mentor and friend Obidihah Stain (a bald Jeff Bridges).
    The film does not attempt to replicate or tred on any other superhero film, doing its own thing has worked wonders for everyone involved. A complete difference of approach has succeeded in Iron Man, not so much a dark tone, but something to set the bar and try its upmost to continue to do so.
    After being captured, Tony decides to build an 'Iron suit' to escape the cave he is being held in, he realises that the terrorists who captured him are using his weapons and must act quickly.
    The debut of the Mark suits are quite excellent, unforgettable set pieces properly balance this movie while Stark is in the suit.Downey Jr's performance is simply unforgettable, his quick-paced dialogue, confidence and charm are enough to convince anyone, his humour is quite simply brilliant.
    The effects, again, are brilliant, the way the suit is put one is absolutely breathtaking, a true leap and a technological achievement. A very witty and exhilarating origin story that never slows down or plays its safe, its a popcorn movie that is so much more, all the heroic elements, but twice the wit and brain.
    A welcome debut for this suited hero, its full of wit and humour from director Jon Favreau (who also cameos as Happy Hogan).
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    Bolstered by an utterly iconic lead performance, Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" is a breathtaking, intellectual, gleaming, and an overall ideal addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  17. Nov 23, 2012
    Iron Man is a great movie which is one of the tie in movies towards The Avengers in Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Plot: Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is a billionaire and owner of Stark Industries, a company which produces weapons. After a standard weapons demonstration, Stark's convoy is ambushed by terrorists and he loses consciousness. When he re awakens as a prisoner, there is a battery attached to his chest keeping him alive. The terrorists want him to create weapons for them. He pretends as if he is building them when he is actually building a compact metal heart to replace the heavy battery, and a metal suit outfitted with weapons which he then uses to escape. During his imprisonment, he realizes that Stark weaponry is also being used by the terrorists. When he arrives back to his home he perfects his suit and becomes Iron Man. He also lashes out at his own company but is judged by the media which almost makes him lose his rights to it. In the meanwhile he vows to keep corrupted parts of the world free from terrorism. Opinion: Iron Man is well done, and makes the audience question the arms race to a larger extent. I recommend this movie to those who own their own large buisness, are very wealthy, and those who are interested in machinery. I also reccomend this movie to those who are interested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    Downey is pitch-perfect as Stark. Rather than creating a strong-man type character, like many superhero movies do, our hero has depth, and that, not the action, is what gives Iron Man its kick.
  19. Aug 19, 2012
    It's an origin story minus the boredom. There's a whole lot of action, drama and humor that will keep you on the edge of your seats. Intensely exciting, you can't keep your eyes off the screen because any moment, something intriguing may unfold. Great script, great director, great actors, what more can you ask for?
  20. Aug 8, 2012
    The action mixed with the humor made Iron Man a great movie, Marvel has done it again, Robert Downey Jr played the character very well, and it left me anxiously waiting for Iron Man 2. However, some parts of the movie were quite predictable.
  21. Jul 17, 2012
    Still one of Marvel's best movies, Iron Man is faithful to the comics yet original at the same time and Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark. The movie has lots of fun moments for one so grounded in reality, and it gets the mix of action, comedy and drama perfect. This movie was the best way to get the MCU going.
  22. Jul 3, 2012
    At first i didn't have high expectations for this movie, bu it surpassed my expectations in a massive way. First of all, the acting is great and the characters are all relevant. Gwyneth Paltrow does a good job at playing a shy but sexy assistant and Robert Downey Jr. wins the best performance of his career. Funny fact, is that he's even more Tony Stark in The Avengers. Jeff Bridges doesn't have much screen time, but in the end you'll find out why. Great character development, action scenes and a script that provides the occasional humurous moments of a superhero movie. Expand
  23. May 11, 2012
    This is one of the first superhero movies to take a hero this isn't mainstream and have a successful story. There is plenty of action and Robert Downey Jr. is perfect as Iron Man.
  24. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this would be a 9.25 out of 10. Acting is good. Everyone does a good job. Score is good. Has a really good story. Action sequences are great. Looks so cool. Overall, this is a great film. Great superhero film. Highly recommended.
  25. Mar 7, 2012
    Uff, uff, I can't believe this, wow, this film is AWESOME, and the better is the performance of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, the film is the best film of Marvel Studios. I love Iron Man is a classic.
  26. Feb 7, 2012
    I've wanted to see this film, specifically because Robert Downey Jr was in it, but to also more or less explore the renowned Marvel universe. This isn't necessarily for just the experienced fans of the comics, but even for new fans like me, it certainly learns how to grow on you. If I see a good film, 9 times out of 10, it gets me hooked. This was better than good, and so I felt like a fish being lured towards bait on a hook. Not many action-films can pull of that kind of humour without being childish or crude. So far that I've seen any other superhero, like Batman, or Superman, or Spiderman, Iron Man provides an equal balance of human qualities and superhuman strengths. It would be difficult to find any other man apart from Robert to portray the **** almost conceited playboy multi-talented millionaire, to which there would be an impossible answer to find. Still, I've only scratched the surface of this universe, which, to my extent, is an excellent universe to explore. I'm not even hesitating when it comes to the sequels. Expand
  27. Aug 5, 2011
    Too Good a movie. Good direction by Jon Favreau and great acting by Robert Downey Jr. The Special Effects were very good in this film. Can't wait for the sequel.
  28. Jul 5, 2011
    This movie is amazing because of Jon Favreau's directing and Robert Downey Jr's acting. The only thing this movie lacks is action scenes, because there isnt that many of them.
  29. Jun 18, 2011
    Great movie. This is one of the best superhero movies that I have seen in a very long time. This movie outdid my entire expectations. This movie was great in theaters and is still great on Blu-ray.
  30. Mar 19, 2011
    Iron Man was a huge surprise. And a very pleasant one at that. Going into the summer of 2008, my attention was completely preoccupied with The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk, Kung Fu Panda, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, Indiana Jones 4, Wanted, Hellboy II, Wall-E, Step Brothers and The Mummy 3. All of which were very hyped up titles that had people lining up for them. But, among them was one of the best comic book movies ever made. As much as I love The Dark Knight and Tropic Thunder (they're in my top three favorite all-time movies), I think that Iron Man is superior to both of them in many ways. It is highly entertaining, throughout. It doesn't matter if you like Superheroes, or not. There is something in this film for just about everyone. The few action scenes are top notch. My personal favorite is the scene when Iron Man returns to the Middle East to destroy all of his weapons. The acting is phenomenal. Robert Downey Jr. was beyond perfect as Tony Stark. I am always glad to see A-listers give their all in these types of films because it proves that they are not just for children and geeks (honestly, we all still have a little of both in us). The rest of the amazing cast consists of Jeff Bridges, Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard and even Samuel L. Jackson in a surprise post-credits cameo. I also have to mention the director, Jon Favreau. I only knew him from comedies and tv, but he did a great job with this big blockbuster. Despite the great action, direction , and superb casting, the real key to this movie's excellence is the script. The writing is not quite as deep and dark as The Dark Knight, but for a supposedly "summer popcorn action flick", it is right on par. It never hurts to get a team of actual comic book writers along with the creator himself, Stan The Man, to guide you and tell you what fits, and what doesn't. That is the only way to make a comic book character come to life, just as he is on the pages. And in the end it will always pay off with the most important group in the audience, the fans. I cannot say that without admitting something though. I was never an avid reader of the Iron Man comics, although he does make an appearance in alot of my books. But I am very familiar with the character, not only from my comics that he is in, but also the cartoon from the 90's. I still try to catch episodes of the cartoon to this day. The reason I never got into his comic arc is because, I honestly had no interest in the villains he fought, except for the Hulk. Most of his villains were just big robots and monsters (Godzilla was actually one of them). With that said, I was still happy to see that they chose a very conventional first villain, Iron Monger. As long as they never make a movie with M.O.D.O.K., I will be happy. My only complaint about this movie is how scarce the action is. There are only really three scenes of action in total. I know it may seem a little hypocritical for me to complain about the action in Iron Man and give it a 90%, when I gave The Dark Knight 100%, and it had even less action than Iron Man. But the difference between the two is that Iron Man is an action movie, but in my opinion, The Dark Knight is a drama. Alot of people would probably disagree with that statement, but after watching both films many many times, that's the feeling I get about them. The action scenes that it does have are beautiful though. I just think Jon Favreau is not an action director, so he played it safe. In the end, that may have been why Iron Man was so great. I was really surprised that Iron Man became one of my favorite movies. It reminds me of how i felt about Star Trek. I had my doubts, but those doubts were completely shattered after seeing it. I cannot wait for Iron Man 2. I'm hoping that it repeats the cycle of great comic book movie sequels. Following in the footsteps of X2, Spider-man 2, The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk (if you consider that a sequel), and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (just kidding). Expand
  31. Mar 9, 2011
    Iron Man is brought to life because of Robert Downey Jr. he was the perfect person for the part, he pulled it off so well, and while it might not be the most kid friendly super hero movie it's still an amazing one.
  32. Jan 22, 2011
    Thanks to its excellent cast, especially Robert Downey Jr., the awesome humor, impressive action, and great script, Iron Man is one of the best comic book movies of all time!
  33. Nov 1, 2010
    Jon Favreau made some great effort in making this superhero epic hit with some talentive acting from Robert Downey Jr.
  34. Oct 18, 2010
    Such a welcome and unexpected surprise as Iron Man defies expectation and turns out to be something quite special. Exceptionally cast; Robert Downey Jr. steals the show and blows away all the other competition. It's very funny, action packed and although it may lack a overall plot, Iron Man turns out to be a fun filled ride that you half wish would never end.
  35. Aug 17, 2010
    Iron Man stands in my mind as the greatest super hero film released thus far. With a phenomenal mix of great acting, near-perfect special effects, humor, and story, this film simultaneously gave me hope that future Marvel movies might actually be good, and brought the wonderful Robert Downey, Jr. back into the limelight. As a character, the protagonist, Tony Stark, is in every way the perfect vehicle for Downey, Jr. as he assuredly inhabits the role and plays it out to its limit. Pushing the boundaries at every turn, Stark is a chauvinistic, rich, pompous ass of a man. However, unlike his would-be DC counterpart in The Dark Knight, he is actually more entertaining to watch in many respects than his superhero alter ego. Stark manages to be both funny and endearing throughout the film- a brilliantly written script from Fergus, Ostby, Marcum, and Holloway makes every scene both witty and often-times hilarious, without being campy. I found myself eagerly awaiting Downey, Jr.'s next impeccably delivered line as much as I looked forward to seeing the suit. An all-star cast is used to the fullest, with solid performances from both Jeff Bridges, Terrence Howard, and Gwyneth Paltrow, even if they were a bit under-utilized. I enjoyed the fact that this movie also adhered pretty closely, if not entirely, to the comic storyline. At the very least, they captured the essence of a lesser-known superhero and made him appeal to the general public. In a nice little tribute to avid readers, Iron Monger is portrayed in this film as the main antagonist. Unfortunately, I would say where Iron Man trips up the most is in the story. The climax of the film, though mostly satisfying, leaves something to be desired. This is because prior to this action sequence, there are brilliant set pieces that are used in other battles, and the final fight doesn't match up. However, the final scene wraps up the movie beautifully and leaves us wanting more- unlike a movie starring a certain Caped Crusaderâ Expand
  36. Aug 11, 2010
    Jon Favreau's "Iron Man" was a film no one I knew believed in mainly due to the star of the film Robert Downey, Jr. playing the lead as the eccentric and ever so quirky hero Tony Stark. But after hearing much hype and seeing the praise it received from critics and audiences my dad and I went to the theaters to the see the much hyped " Iron Man", I walked in slightly skeptical of the film not knowing of the talent of Robert Downey Jr. or Jon Favreau. I remember sitting there as the lights dimmed wondering if this film is going to live up to the hype it has established or even be worth the sixteen bucks. As the film rolled on, I sat there in awe of this magnificent and glorious science fiction/superhero thriller. "Iron Man" is a fast paced, outrageously funny, dark, complex and witty thrill ride that not only single hand revive the career of Robert Downey, Jr. but shot him straight up into the stratosphere of fame It's the kind of film that the minute it's over you want to see it again. Then when it ends a second time, you want to see it a third time and then a fourth. Hell you will want to see it as many times as you can it is just too good to ignore or hate. "Iron Man" takes off at a thousand miles per hour and pulls the audiences in on the ride of a lifetime with breathtaking special effects, mind-blowing action, outrageous plot twist and RDJ. leading it all the way to the number 2 spot amongst comic book adaptations solidifying it as one of the best and showing the world Robert Downey Jr.'s talent. I loved the wit and charm of this movie, I loved the grittiness and dark complexity of the characters it seems everyone of them has there own problems in one way or another they all are dealing with emotional problems which makes them a real class act of complicated characters. The film draws it strength from its characters it feeds off there power , there emotions it uses them not only as actors but as the main power source for the films ferocity and drive there crucial to it and the with the wrong actors this film would have fallen apart faster than those boy bands from the 90's. Thanks to brilliant casting and phenomenal direction from Jon Favreau â Expand

1. Downey plays off his own bad-boy image wonderfully. The writers give him great lines to work with and ditto that for his Girl Friday, Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts, whose own svelte lines cannot be improved on.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Ever-eclectic director Jon Favreau, who briefly pops up onscreen as a Stark minion, maintains a brisk but not frantic pace, and, in concert with lenser Matthew Libatique, production designer J. Michael Riva and the first-rate visual effects team, has made an unusually elegant looking film for the genre.
  3. Loyal assistant, Pepper Potts, isn't much of a part, but Gwyneth Paltrow is a presence. She stands around looking amused and flabbergastingly pretty, slinging wisecracks with serene aplomb.