8.3

1. DesmondW.
    May 2, 2008
    Ironman was always my favorite hero from the marvel universe. It felt really good to watch him shine on the big screen. RDJ's acting is simply brilliant. Great story adaption leaving it realistic. Few but well done action scenes getting you a real feel for the suit. Suprisingly this movie will bring you alot of laughs..Yes its weird but it sure wll. I LOVE IT!
  2. DavidR.
    May 30, 2008
    I have never really cared for RDJ as an actor and the current comic version of Iron Man is an unlikeable fascist dick, so I had zero expectations going into this movie. I only saw it because I had eight bucks to spend and two hours to kill. Coming out of the movie, I bought another ticket because I would have been ripping the theater off if I had only paid full price for it. This is the I have never really cared for RDJ as an actor and the current comic version of Iron Man is an unlikeable fascist dick, so I had zero expectations going into this movie. I only saw it because I had eight bucks to spend and two hours to kill. Coming out of the movie, I bought another ticket because I would have been ripping the theater off if I had only paid full price for it. This is the standard by which all future Marvel movies will be judged. I simply cannot praise this movie enough. It's as good as Batman Begins, but "lighter" and more suitable for children, and it has enough sly humor that the adults will be entertained as well. RDJ gives the performance of a lifetime in the role he was born to play. I have seen this movie six times now and I'm going back this weekend for yet another serving of metal-suited terrorist-punching awesomeness. Expand
  3. JasonP.
    May 8, 2008
    Forget the pretentiously snivelling humdrum of those who would look down upon this piece of movie theatre gold. They are probably upset that an action movie could be such a powerful epic, and that some pathetic, self-indulgent yet tragic art-fiasco love-story wasn't the cause of the warm feelings welling from within. Out of shame, they look downward with their bespectacled glare and Forget the pretentiously snivelling humdrum of those who would look down upon this piece of movie theatre gold. They are probably upset that an action movie could be such a powerful epic, and that some pathetic, self-indulgent yet tragic art-fiasco love-story wasn't the cause of the warm feelings welling from within. Out of shame, they look downward with their bespectacled glare and succeed in once again providing all they can to the world: their judgment of someone else's brilliance. This movie was the perfect mix of snide wit and explosive special effects. It not only does the comic book justice, but sets itself apart from its printed origins and in fact all other movies in its genre. It is so rare to see Oscar worthy performances in what should be a simple shoot-em-up, but that's what you get for your money. This is a must-see, and one of the best of all time; believe it. Mark my words: this film will break the billions, and birth a new tinsel-town dynasty. Expand
  4. DavidW.
    May 1, 2008
    Wow, this movie is definitely one of the best superhero movies. Arguably better than the Spiderman movies. What makes this movie so good is the character Tony Stark. Tony Stark is just one of those you guys who you hate and love at the same time cause he's so cocky. The ending is awesome.
  5. Bluezboy8
    May 10, 2008
    All the CG and gadgetry of a summer blockbuster, but surprisingly, all the well-drawn story and acting of a fall season Oscar contender. This movie just has it ALL!!
  6. BenH.
    May 2, 2008
    What a great movie. I went in expecting possibly a passable movie and found that there was not a moment in this very well structured movie that didn't keep me absolutley glued to my seat. This movie is well worth seeing in the cinemas. The acting was great particularily from Robert Downey Jr. I couldn't imagine the role of Tony Stark ever going to anyone else. The comedy in it What a great movie. I went in expecting possibly a passable movie and found that there was not a moment in this very well structured movie that didn't keep me absolutley glued to my seat. This movie is well worth seeing in the cinemas. The acting was great particularily from Robert Downey Jr. I couldn't imagine the role of Tony Stark ever going to anyone else. The comedy in it was hilarious . What we need to keep in mind when rating this movie that it is a comic action flick, and as such i will rate it so.. there was no great meaning or artsy fartsy metaphors. For me this was the perfect comic book action movie. It was far better than any of the other marvels movies i have seen so far and made Transformers look like a joke. I will be going to the movies again soon for this one. 10/10 from me, i hope there is a sequel. Expand
  7. JarrodD.
    May 2, 2008
    OK, Dark Knight has a opponent that I thought would fade away in a few minutes after seeing it. I thought Iron Man was going to be entertaining at most really. I didn't think they would do a super great job at "wow"ing me. As you know, I'm a comic book fanatic. I love em. So, imagine my surprise when they stayed true, and even upped the Iron Man characters, stories, and visuals.OK, Dark Knight has a opponent that I thought would fade away in a few minutes after seeing it. I thought Iron Man was going to be entertaining at most really. I didn't think they would do a super great job at "wow"ing me. As you know, I'm a comic book fanatic. I love em. So, imagine my surprise when they stayed true, and even upped the Iron Man characters, stories, and visuals. I didn't find myself once thinking about how good/bad the effects were. I know that they were incredibly well done, but I also was so into the !&^#% story that I wasn't paying attention to that....which I've never done. Robert Downey Jr in my opinion does his best work to date. I couldn't have asked for a better actor....absolutely perfect. I think RDJ can relate to Tony Stark cuz they've both had/have problems with drugs or women or whatnot, so it worked pretty well. Jeff Bridges, I couldn't see him as the antagonist in my mind before the movie. During and after the movie, I was all for him playing the villain. I don't know about all of you, but for me, it's hard to like or even really care about the "damsel in distress" in super hero movies. I could care less for Mary Jane in Spider man, or Rachael Dawes in Batman Begins. Their characters were just there to be in trouble and add a little sexual flavor to the movie. Gwyneth Paltrow, I honestly cared and liked her character. She was there for more than just, HELP! In fact, she was pretty bad @%#. The acting from all these people was great. They couldn't have done better. There was just enough comic book references in there to keep a nerd like me happy. I could myself a few times clenching my hands in anticipation and glee for what I was about to see or seeing. I was seriously like a 7 year old again watching a combination of Robocop, Superman, Batman, and the x-men cartoon for the first time. It was so @%^$ sweet to see such a good adaptation on screen. I can't tell you how critical I am of comic book movies. As adaptations they #^#*$ suck. As movies, they are usually just passable as entertaining, with the exception of a few. This was a great adaptation (the 8 people around me in the theater thought it was the best adaptation of a book to a story they've seen) Just enough action in it to keep everyone wanting to see what the hell that suit can do (and it is a lot) and just enough character development and story to keep everyone interested and caring for these characters. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have changed a single thing. There was everything in there that needed to be in there, without any of the #&$%@@#$. I would've added one thing. IT'S DIFFERENT THAT CHANGING THINGS! It's not a spoiler, just an awesome Iron Man line that was in a comic. There was a scene in the comic where Tony Stark is flying around in the suit and the guys on the ground are noticing he's slurring words and I think he's even singing. The people observing the test yell through the communication line, "Tony, are you #&$% drunk?!" to which it cuts to a panel of Tony Stark in the suit laughing and saying "Have you seen this thing!? Do you really think I'd get into it sober!" haha, everytime I let anyone read that series, they always remember that line and laugh. So, in conclusion, @&*$%^@#! Go see it immediately. I'm available for lunch if you want to go then! Also, when you do see it, stay till after the credits. I don't care if you get a phone call that your baby is birthing right then and there. You sit your @$$ down and watch the #*$%@# end! I honestly felt like an Arsenio Hall audience member after the end scene, I stood up and pumped my fist and gave a "woot woot woot" so awesome! Truly surprised. Alright, I'll shut up. Go see it already Expand
  8. DerekC.
    May 2, 2008
    This is what it's all about. Where other movies have either gone cheezy (fantastic 4, the hulk) or realistic and gritty (batman begins), this film succeeds in being fun, carefree and allows you to just enjoy the ride. Downey is a perfect cast. Makes you want to be a kid again and build your own ironman suit out of cardboard.
  9. ReyA.
    May 30, 2008
    This is by far the best superhero movie of all time. I used to be a big fan of spiderman until Iron Man came around. Also, what I liked alot is the technologically advanced weaponry used in the film. It really caught my attention.
  10. Dplumm
    May 3, 2008
    I went kicking and screaming.... This is not my type of movie....I'm more of a McDreamy kind of movie goer..... I never even heard of IronMan. I was not dissapointed. Robert and Terrance as friends. ... so believable .....and Pepper and Jeff....what a cast! A must see!!!!
  11. PaddyH.
    May 3, 2008
    A great film......brilliant gadget wise! definately would recommend it to other people!!!!!!!!!!!!! go watch it
  12. J.B.
    May 3, 2008
    I was very skeptical about with Downey playing Stark. I was wrong, no one else could have been Ironman. The movie had plenty of action with well timed humor. I will be taking my sons to see it again next weekend.
  13. NickG.
    May 3, 2008
    Well paced, intelligent and enjoyable film. The soul searching and slow paced traps other sueprhero films fall into aren't present in this throughout this film (luckily) and the lack of cheesy love moments or sentimentality give the film credibility. Ironman also looks amazing.
  14. JohnF.
    May 3, 2008
    I have been waiting 25 years for this movie and it was worth every second of it! Terrific movie!
  15. SusanB.
    May 4, 2008
    Fantastic. Seamless animation, razor sharp editing and near-oscar worthy performances from Daniels, Paltrow and of course Downey. Equal in excellence to the 1 and 2 'Spiderman' movies and to the current 'Batman' series. Very believable and well written. Don't miss!
  16. CalvinC.
    May 4, 2008
    The first movie made in 4 years where I actually cared about the characters. The CGI is there, yet it doesn't completely overshadow the movie, which is a nice touch. Lots of political drama spice up the plotline as well. Don't wait for the DVD or Blu-ray. Watch it now. You won't be dissapointed.
  17. RDalvi
    May 4, 2008
    Awesome film. Cool Visual effects. Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, Terence Howard and all others were great. COOL WITH A HUGE C.
  18. Fullys.
    May 6, 2008
    this is an amazing movie, aguably with transformer to be the best movie during last 12 months
  19. WickedS.
    Oct 4, 2008
    This is the most fun a comic book fan can have. Iron Man truly comes to life and entertains. If you like Batman or Spiderman then Iron Man will not dissapoint you. I am not a fan of Terrance nor Gwyneth but everyone else was great.
  20. GordonT.
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was absolutely wowed by this movie. This is how to make a comic book movie ... Sam Raimi, eat your heart out.
  21. RM
    Apr 30, 2008
    Everything a movie based on a comic should be and I'm not even a fan of the Iron Man comics. But it's a whole different ball game on screen. Robert Downey Jr. is the perfect Tony Stark. Can't wait to see it again. This is a movie that isn't to be missed.
  22. EmmaG.
    May 1, 2008
    It's been a long time, but finally I had fun watching a movie.
  23. PaulB.
    May 1, 2008
    Definitely one of the best comic book adaptions, and definitely the best superhero movie i've seen. Downey was the perfect choice for Tony Stark - and brings some weight to the character, it was an intelligant casting choice, but then you could probably say the same for Pepper, Rhodey and Obediah Stane as well. This is the first fully marvel produced movie, its smart, funny and Definitely one of the best comic book adaptions, and definitely the best superhero movie i've seen. Downey was the perfect choice for Tony Stark - and brings some weight to the character, it was an intelligant casting choice, but then you could probably say the same for Pepper, Rhodey and Obediah Stane as well. This is the first fully marvel produced movie, its smart, funny and action packed and it bodes well for the future of the Iron man and marvel franchise. Solid gold. Expand
  24. PDiddy
    May 1, 2008
    The perfect comic book movie. Brilliantly cast, utterly faithful to the characters. There is no flaw, I just wish it could have been longer. I could honestly have watched this film all day long.
  25. JoeL.
    May 1, 2008
    As a marvel superhero movie this was great. Funny at parts and serious at others. I recommend it, even my wife liked it and she only likes chick flicks usually.
  26. WayneR.
    May 10, 2008
    Downey shows what a true master he is, putting his stamp on this movie, a movie where he his remembered and not the character, 10 out of 10 for me.
  27. GabrielK.
    May 10, 2008
    I saw this movie for the world release date and one word can I say... "Amazing". I went to the movie theater expecting another mediocre movie of marvel, but this is was great, I never liked iron man before but now is my favorite hero. Robert Downey Jr. fit perfectly the character. The effects, the story and the action is fantastic. You will want to see it again, for sure. For me the best I saw this movie for the world release date and one word can I say... "Amazing". I went to the movie theater expecting another mediocre movie of marvel, but this is was great, I never liked iron man before but now is my favorite hero. Robert Downey Jr. fit perfectly the character. The effects, the story and the action is fantastic. You will want to see it again, for sure. For me the best movie I've ever seen for long time. Expand
  28. ScottG.
    May 14, 2008
    Best superhero movie yet.
  29. TroyM.
    May 1, 2008
    Robert Downey Jr's amazing perfomance elevates this film to epic heights. Equal in quality to Batman Begins while providing even more flash and eye candy. Best in genre to date, a triumph!
  30. PawelA.
    May 2, 2008
    The best superhero movie I've ever seen. Downey Jr. and the rest of the cast at their best. A must see for all comic book fans.
  31. StevenK.
    May 2, 2008
    Best superhero movie in ages!
  32. DarrenK.
    May 2, 2008
    So much better than most comic book movies. It manages to tell a compelling story AND have good performances from the entire cast. This is probably the only comic book movie I've seen where all the acting was actually good. The effects are fantastic and there is enough spectacle to keep everybody happy.
  33. SeanH.
    May 2, 2008
    Easily the best superhero movie I have ever seen. Perfect measure of plot, action, CG, physical props, and little subtle additions that the casual fan may not catch, but hard core Marvel fans will feel rewarded for getting.
  34. BobJ.
    May 2, 2008
    Just so damn good I have to see it again. Look at the teaser at the end of the credits.
  35. Marc-AndreK.
    May 2, 2008
    This movie was amazing. From the beginning to the end, you keep being involved in this never ending action process.
  36. EddieM
    May 3, 2008
    O my god where to start Robert Downey Jr. gives his best performance in his acting career, lines, effects, everything clicks in this movie. Could be argued as the best superhero movie ever made. Only thing holding it back is the brief ending, needed to go a little more instead of tony stark confessing that he is iron man at a press conference and the credits roll. That was the only O my god where to start Robert Downey Jr. gives his best performance in his acting career, lines, effects, everything clicks in this movie. Could be argued as the best superhero movie ever made. Only thing holding it back is the brief ending, needed to go a little more instead of tony stark confessing that he is iron man at a press conference and the credits roll. That was the only downside to this movie, other than that, Iron man is the sh*t, i think its better than the dark knight is going to be. Expand
  37. WalterS.
    May 3, 2008
    Iron Man was great. The theatre broke out into cheers and applause seven times at the showing. Seven. You probably know what scenes it happened at. It's awesome, funny, and doesn't require a lot of thinking to understand what's going on. Go with the user vote instead of the critic vote on this one.
  38. LauraT.
    May 3, 2008
    Awesome movie. I never read the comic and didn't even know much about the movie before going (my boyfriend wanted to see it) and I LOVED it. I feel like going again tonight. It's so great to see Robert Downey Jr. in something really good again.
  39. AlbertoR.
    May 3, 2008
    Makes 100 % justice to its comic book counter part great movies one of the best super heroes movies ever made im really glad this movies was so good from character development and deep to great effects.
  40. DanielD.
    May 3, 2008
    Best movie of the year! You must go see it! I loved this movie! The graphics in Transformers were impressive but these graphics take the cake! I loved Terrance Howard in the film and I loved Robert Downey Jr. as Stark! He was AMAZING! The show is very very realistic, and epic. The way their morphed the terrorist complex was very good. Had a few amazing jokes too (and I'm not talking, Best movie of the year! You must go see it! I loved this movie! The graphics in Transformers were impressive but these graphics take the cake! I loved Terrance Howard in the film and I loved Robert Downey Jr. as Stark! He was AMAZING! The show is very very realistic, and epic. The way their morphed the terrorist complex was very good. Had a few amazing jokes too (and I'm not talking, Spiderman jokes, I was cracking up here! but it wasn't a comedy it still kept pace with the story, and the action). The movie had a lot of acting but not a movie like Shoot 'Em Up who just had acting 24/7 with a weak storyline (but I enjoyed Shoot 'Em Up a lot but this movie is 1,000,000,000,000X better!) A must see! Also in the previews there is a preview for the new Hulk. THE GRAPHICS ON HULK ARE CORNY! DON'T SEE IT! But reach early to see the previews for Batman, and Indiana Jones, and a few good comedies with Mike Myers, and Adam Sandler. GOOD MOVER! 1790/10 Expand
  41. Sal
    May 3, 2008
    Its sick..what else do you want from a superhero movie man, this was no Incredible Hulk or Catwoman which were both flops.
  42. JoannaA
    May 4, 2008
    Fantastic movie, especially RDJr!!
  43. MikeP.
    May 4, 2008
    Iron Man is proof that comic book movies can be done right. Everything from casting to special effects was top notch and done perfectly. The acting could not have been better. What a great beginning to a new movie franchise! I am eagerly awaiting the sequel, and I am now a certified Iron Man fan for life! Support this movie any way you can!
  44. JasonL.
    May 5, 2008
    An amazing movie, with clever and unexpected (occasionally) dialogue, great action sequences (albethem few and far between), not to mention the whole thing is a gadget lovers wet dream.
  45. JrWilliams
    May 5, 2008
    Marvel cant go wrong. Fun and high flying.
  46. AzuanS.
    May 5, 2008
    The best superhero film ever!
  47. TomS
    May 5, 2008
    Great summer action flick! Nothing negative at all. Sure some of the action was over the top, but it's a super hero movie folks.
  48. Chris
    May 5, 2008
    Do yourself a favor and go see this movie. it was very good in every way. the idiot comparing ironman with batman begins obviously doesn't know what a good movie is so ignore him. the other FEW ppl who gave it low scores were just looking for something bad to write. go see the movie
  49. AlexS
    May 6, 2008
    The best superhero movie yet, can't wait for iron man 2.
  50. TimS.
    May 6, 2008
    Actually I was so impressed that Stark was able to be pulled off by Robert Downey Jr. And I was looking for a real Redhead ot play Pepper... Her hair seems to go redder through the movie... And she seems to gain freckles... I love it!!!
  51. Ben
    May 6, 2008
    We need more superhero genre films like this!
  52. BrianP
    May 8, 2008
    Wonderful, fun movie ...loved all of it except the casting of Terence Howard....he was kind of a wussy for a fighter pilot.
  53. MargaretC.
    Jun 14, 2008
    I am now excitedly torn between Iron Man and Batman Begins as my favorite comic book movies. I've always been a comic book fan, but it doesn't always translate to the big screen well. Iron Man looks good, feels exciting, and Robert Downey Jr. does a great job as Iron Man. His acting is subtle and perfect as he pulls off the gloriously snide and alternately humble hero. His I am now excitedly torn between Iron Man and Batman Begins as my favorite comic book movies. I've always been a comic book fan, but it doesn't always translate to the big screen well. Iron Man looks good, feels exciting, and Robert Downey Jr. does a great job as Iron Man. His acting is subtle and perfect as he pulls off the gloriously snide and alternately humble hero. His character development makes you feel like you believe a man like Tony Stark could go through hell and come out a hero. I am so looking forward to more Iron Man in many movies to come!!!! PS: Hi T! Expand
  54. MatthewD.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Best movie I've seen in a long time, there are no low points and it keeps ticking over at a great pace. Good to see a movie with robots and mechanicals that show the trails and errors of making machines. I will go back to see this again next week.
  55. JingH.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Best marvel film ever. Marvel did a good job by making this film independently. Special effects were stunning.
  56. DawnishA.h
    Jun 7, 2008
    this movie deserves a higher rating, it was one of the best marvel movies i have seen in a very long time!!!
  57. Dave
    Jun 7, 2008
    I think this may have been one of the best superhero movies ever made. It appeals more to a broader audience than the hardcore Iron Man comic book fan. So far, I know of at least 4 people who originally didn't care to see it but were dragged to the theater anyways and ended up loving it.
  58. SatanicMajesty
    Jul 9, 2009
    I'd love to have an Iron Man suit to fly to the supermarket and buy some groceries every weekend. Imagine that! This movie is fantastic, it's got so much "metal": an eccentric millionaire, with a devotion for peace, who's built a scintillating suit to catch the bad guys. As for Nigel's opinion: let us be kids again, the superhero movie is a genre itself, so don't I'd love to have an Iron Man suit to fly to the supermarket and buy some groceries every weekend. Imagine that! This movie is fantastic, it's got so much "metal": an eccentric millionaire, with a devotion for peace, who's built a scintillating suit to catch the bad guys. As for Nigel's opinion: let us be kids again, the superhero movie is a genre itself, so don't blame it on Iron Man. By far enough to bother. Expand
  59. jamesMacky
    Apr 28, 2008
    Ironman born in 1963.....

Is now reborn 2008....

i rate this movie a full ten banana Splits.

Get ready for the thrill of The new #1 super hero.

Has everything a geek could want.in fact this movie will appeal to a much larger wider broader audience then anyone is expecting...

over 100 million opening weekend is in the bag...

Buy stock it will at least double this year.
  60. AmirS.
    May 1, 2008
    Robert Downey Jr. was excellent in the film. The CGI was amazing.
  61. RafaelC.
    May 1, 2008
    Fun. Cool. Inteligent. Probably the best adaptation comics to movie ever made. Sorry about that, bats...
  62. xyw
    May 12, 2008
    An absolutely fantastic movie. Best in a very very long time.
  63. SteveFraser
    May 18, 2008
    Excellent movie with great acting and great special effects!! Well worth seeing and then buying on dvd!
    Robert Downey is really good in this as he was in Zodiac. He has a good career ahead of him. I just hope he doesn't fall down the path of excess drug and alcohol abuse.
  64. IsaiahA.
    May 23, 2008
    Believe the hype, "Iron Man" is the best movie of 2008! I really enjoyed this smart, witty, even funny superhero flick with a lot of great special effects and action. I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel! Robert Downey Jr. is perfect in the role as Tony Stark/ Iron Man; Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, Terrence Howard are great, as well, but not nearly as good as Robert Downey Jr. . Jon Believe the hype, "Iron Man" is the best movie of 2008! I really enjoyed this smart, witty, even funny superhero flick with a lot of great special effects and action. I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel! Robert Downey Jr. is perfect in the role as Tony Stark/ Iron Man; Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, Terrence Howard are great, as well, but not nearly as good as Robert Downey Jr. . Jon Favreau was perfect for being chosen to direct "Iron Man", the action sequences were awesome, and the chemistry between Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr. was just too much to pass up. So far, other than "Horton Hears A Who!" and "Cloverfield", "Iron Man" is easily the best movie of 2008! Expand
  65. MikeM.
    May 3, 2008
    I really enjoyed this movie. Iron man is a perfect sync between action and comedy with some great effects throughout. I seriously couldn't find any faults with it at all. It's everything you could possibly want with a few special things thrown in to get you ready for the sequel. If you're seeing it in theaters, stay until after the credits. You won't be disappointed. I really enjoyed this movie. Iron man is a perfect sync between action and comedy with some great effects throughout. I seriously couldn't find any faults with it at all. It's everything you could possibly want with a few special things thrown in to get you ready for the sequel. If you're seeing it in theaters, stay until after the credits. You won't be disappointed. Best superhero movie since Spider-man. Expand
  66. StenD.
    May 30, 2008
    Great movie. Robert Downey, Jr. really grounds this movie and he plays the role perfectly. The supporting cast was also outstanding: Jeff Bridges makes a villain that absolutely warms my heart (I love bad guys). One slight quibble - Gwenneth Paltrow is extremely appealing in her role, but she doesn't quite manage the screaming damsel in distress parts. Which is actually a compliment Great movie. Robert Downey, Jr. really grounds this movie and he plays the role perfectly. The supporting cast was also outstanding: Jeff Bridges makes a villain that absolutely warms my heart (I love bad guys). One slight quibble - Gwenneth Paltrow is extremely appealing in her role, but she doesn't quite manage the screaming damsel in distress parts. Which is actually a compliment - it's about time writers gave up on the tired cliche of the poor helpless female standing there and squealing in fright. A good story simply adds to the overall pleasure. Collapse
  67. RyanA.
    May 3, 2008
    Simply one of the best superhero movies ever.
  68. ZeeM
    May 3, 2008
    There aren't enough words to describe how amazing this movie Is!!..I Can sleep well tonight!
  69. JohnS.
    May 3, 2008
    It was fun, funny, and the technology ideas fresh and interesting. It's a comic book movie, you can't judge it's social importance. It's great escapism for we, the Marvel faithful.
  70. TomE.
    May 3, 2008
    I really enjoyed this movie! They could not have cast a better Tony Stark!!!! Highly Recommend!!!
  71. NancyH.
    May 3, 2008
    I didn't believe Downey could pull it off, but he did. The movie was GREAT! Technology, plot, effects, character development....enjoyed every moment!
  72. AndyH.
    May 3, 2008
    I'm not a big superhero fan nor is my wife. In spite of that, we both absolutely loved it - as did our kids.
  73. ZacF.
    May 3, 2008
    movie was captivatingly entertaining with its witty dialog and blazing action sequences.
  74. JoeF.
    May 3, 2008
    It simply works. Giving it a 9 seems odd for me, but i can't find a major flaw in this film. It does its job with near perfection. The only reason i can't give it a 10 is the last action sequence isn't perfect or as exciting as it could have been. However, if you have seen this film, you know that it does not hurt the overall quality or enjoyment. It has a good ending It simply works. Giving it a 9 seems odd for me, but i can't find a major flaw in this film. It does its job with near perfection. The only reason i can't give it a 10 is the last action sequence isn't perfect or as exciting as it could have been. However, if you have seen this film, you know that it does not hurt the overall quality or enjoyment. It has a good ending otherwise. Oh... and stay after the credits. Expand
  75. RJR.
    May 3, 2008
    Best damn movie I've seen in a loooong time. Fun an liively, even the wife liked it. Well, having Downey Jr. in it didn't hurt for her....
  76. TommyG.
    May 4, 2008
    I thought this movie was Awesome! It had a little bit of everything like comedy, action, sexuality ect. The story was not freakin' flat whoever said that. If you have not seen this movie I advise you to go and by a ticket NOW.
  77. RachaelL.
    May 4, 2008
    WOW! That's all I got to say... almost. The special effects were absolutely impeccable, the plot was original, and the movie had an astounding life to it! A friend of mine has never been the type to see 'superhero' movies, but when I brought her to Ironman, she fell in love with it! Yeah, it's that good.
  78. RodrigoS.
    May 4, 2008
    Downey jr. is as great an actor as edward norton, i hope marvel keep casting such tremendously talented actors for their susequent movies!
    May 4, 2008
    With superhero movies, it's usually a hit or miss. The only movie of it's genre I didn't like was Batman and Robin (I mean, honestly, "Let's kick some ice?" What a terrible movie). Iron Man had everything it needed, great cast and director, to be good. And thankfully, this was very good. This is this year's Transformers, and so far the best film I've seen With superhero movies, it's usually a hit or miss. The only movie of it's genre I didn't like was Batman and Robin (I mean, honestly, "Let's kick some ice?" What a terrible movie). Iron Man had everything it needed, great cast and director, to be good. And thankfully, this was very good. This is this year's Transformers, and so far the best film I've seen this year. I give this movie a 10/10. Expand
  80. EvanH.
    May 4, 2008
    Excellent movie. Excellent. No offense, but you really need to get a lobotomy if you don't want to see this movie. By far the best Marvel movie to date. Excellent acting, amazing special effects, great story, awesome action sequences, and it's pretty damn funny, too. What are you doing reading this review? Go see it!
  81. CJR.
    May 4, 2008
    Awesome movie with a great performance from Robert Downey Jr. Jon Favreau has made one of the top superhero movies ever up there with Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2 maybe even better!!! Fast pace, great humor, awesome action sequences go watch it!!
  82. AnthonyM.
    May 4, 2008
    One word to describe it, WOW!!!!!!
  83. Steve
    May 5, 2008
    This movie was amazing! Funny, exciting, and well made, I can't wait to go see it again.
  84. IronMan
    May 5, 2008
    This was an amazing movie! the special effects were irreplaceable the weapons and gadgetry were awesome and the suit was CRAZY best movie ever
  85. JacobL.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Best of film of the summer. It deserves an Oscar.
  86. ArmaganC.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Val Kilmer as Batman? No way..... Hugh Jackman as wolverine ? !00% right choice, has soul and hearth. Downey Jr. is Tony Stark ,nothing more or less ,with hearth and soul, like Jack Nicholson as Joker. Come on people, don´t throw some 2-3 rating for this movie , it is the first Iron man movie.There were many failures at Batman History and at the and we have majestic glorius Batman Val Kilmer as Batman? No way..... Hugh Jackman as wolverine ? !00% right choice, has soul and hearth. Downey Jr. is Tony Stark ,nothing more or less ,with hearth and soul, like Jack Nicholson as Joker. Come on people, don´t throw some 2-3 rating for this movie , it is the first Iron man movie.There were many failures at Batman History and at the and we have majestic glorius Batman Begins. Iron man will grow with a good placed sequel ,i have faith.Go to Cinema , watch it ,enjoy ,it is worth to do. Expand
  87. ChuckN.
    Jun 20, 2008
    I though Iron man was a really good movie. It had action, humor and a excellent storyline. I can't wait when they make a second iron man in 2010.
  88. AndrewP.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Easily the best superhero film of the year, forget about any film that tries too hard to be dark and brooding - superhero films should be fun and this certainly is.
  89. ZackaryS.
    Sep 29, 2008
    I dont normally go around giving 10's out unless i really mean it and i really do mean it. this is the must own DVD of the YEAR!
  90. DaveH
    Dec 8, 2009
    Definitely an amazing film. No words to describe it.
  91. DavidF
    Oct 17, 2008
    This is a movie I would have never seen, but for rave reviews of others. I'm glad I did. This is much better done than the typical comic-book sendup. A really great movie that keeps your attention throughout. A rare repeat for me, as I don't usually pay for a movie twice. I had to see this again!
  92. NickK.
    Oct 26, 2008
    First off, I have never seen a Robert Downey Jr. Movie before this one, so you can't call me biased. I loved the movie. It had it all. Romance, comedy, quick wit, and of course, action. This is THE best movie I had ever seen and I strongly disagree with those who gave it mediocre ratings.
  93. CindyK.
    May 11, 2008
    Iron Man was GREAT!!! Robert Downey Jr. deserves all the kudos he gets. I am a huge Downey fan and he is the one who made Iron Man a huge hit!!!!
  94. OrenK.
    May 12, 2008
    One of the best movies i have never seen! sometimes it gets a little to crazy but still is really good.
  95. MorganB.
    May 15, 2008
    I've never been a giant fan of Comic book movies, but I always seem to enjoy then none the less-as long as there decent:I'm talking to you Incredable Hulk. Though I don't quite have words to describe how wonderful this movie was-and how amazing Robert Downey Jr was. No one, absolutely no one could have played this character better. It's the best casting I've seen I've never been a giant fan of Comic book movies, but I always seem to enjoy then none the less-as long as there decent:I'm talking to you Incredable Hulk. Though I don't quite have words to describe how wonderful this movie was-and how amazing Robert Downey Jr was. No one, absolutely no one could have played this character better. It's the best casting I've seen since John Barrowman in Torchwood. Amazing story, fantasticly snarky, and the genious of Robert Downey Jr, who could ask for more! I saw it twice the first weekend:) Expand
  96. NeilW
    May 18, 2008
    This was the best comic book based film I have ever seen. It was so well done that you never say to yourself 'that is so unreal' --- even if it is in real life. It takes quite an exceptionally well done production to make you focus on the story at hand, and keep you involved and Iron Man does that easily.
  97. ChrisT.
    May 19, 2008
    This is quite possibly the best movie to come out of the Marvel franchise.
  98. JaimeL.
    May 21, 2008
    This has honestley been the best movie marvel has made. It gets staright to the point and the effects are great. Its a movie that people dont get tired of watching overs and overs again. Since this movie is so great the sequel will do even better but until then this is the movie that hasnt been beatin.
  99. DD
    May 28, 2008
    Great Movie and can't wait for Part 2!
  100. TylerS.
    Jun 16, 2008
    The acting and casting was perfect. The director did a great job bringing the mythos into the modern age. The armor was fantastic and the design was true to comics. Can't wait to own the super special deluxe DVD.

1. Downey plays off his own bad-boy image wonderfully. The writers give him great lines to work with and ditto that for his Girl Friday, Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts, whose own svelte lines cannot be improved on.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Ever-eclectic director Jon Favreau, who briefly pops up onscreen as a Stark minion, maintains a brisk but not frantic pace, and, in concert with lenser Matthew Libatique, production designer J. Michael Riva and the first-rate visual effects team, has made an unusually elegant looking film for the genre.
  3. Loyal assistant, Pepper Potts, isn't much of a part, but Gwyneth Paltrow is a presence. She stands around looking amused and flabbergastingly pretty, slinging wisecracks with serene aplomb.