6.6

1. May 4, 2012
    The writing, story, and direction of this film are just terrible. Even the jokes are totally lame. There really isn't much to say about it, it is just a very bad and boring film.
  2. May 29, 2012
    The comedy is predictable, the characters shallow and boring. There are a lot of enjoyable moments, but most attempts at comedy fail. Overall the film does not hold up to a potentially epic concept.
  3. Apr 15, 2012
    A textbook example of how an interesting general concept can be turned into a terrible movie. This is so sad! What one could have done with a budget of 7.5 million and Nazi UFOs... What we get instead is a disappointing combination of horrific writing without any sense for dramaturgy and mostly mistimed jokes.

The actually very good production design and CGI feel like an awful waste for a

The actually very good production design and CGI feel like an awful waste for a movie that almost entirely fails to entertain.
  4. Apr 12, 2012
    Iron Sky is, sadly, lame. I was killing for some good Nazi jokes - none here I'm afraid. Seems they spent all their time and money trying to make the film look expensive, instead of making it funny. The only time our packed audience really laughed was at a topical joke that had nothing to do with the film's story. The only thing you really need to know about this movie, is that for a filmIron Sky is, sadly, lame. I was killing for some good Nazi jokes - none here I'm afraid. Seems they spent all their time and money trying to make the film look expensive, instead of making it funny. The only time our packed audience really laughed was at a topical joke that had nothing to do with the film's story. The only thing you really need to know about this movie, is that for a film about NAZIS FROM SPACE, it ends on a serious note. Argghhhh! Expand
  5. Jul 11, 2012
    While there were a couple of funny-ish jokes overall the film couldn't hold it's own, nor could it hold my attention. It's not at all subtle and comes across as heavy-handed and clumsy.
  6. Dec 18, 2013
    This movie is awful tbh. Some episods (about 90% of movie) is so absurd, so its even hard to watch. White afroamerican, what? You can see bad painted bleach on his face. Main actors, especially Helper of President, President herself and that Colonel or Vice-Furer-somewhat guy have faces like it was smashed by iron and want more. Fight of presidents at the end of movie? I wished someone toThis movie is awful tbh. Some episods (about 90% of movie) is so absurd, so its even hard to watch. White afroamerican, what? You can see bad painted bleach on his face. Main actors, especially Helper of President, President herself and that Colonel or Vice-Furer-somewhat guy have faces like it was smashed by iron and want more. Fight of presidents at the end of movie? I wished someone to kill me. That episode of afroamerican and nazi girl almost flying away in open space? Lolz
    But that Renata girl is quite cute, I also liked the moment when they meet with President and Renata explains their politics.
    I wont reccomend anyone to watch this, and hardly will watch it myself, but for sore reason I will keep it in my library.
    p.s. WHY THIS HELPER OF PRESIDENT WOMAN HAVE SUCH UGLY FACE WHYYY
  7. Feb 19, 2014
    I can count on one hand the amusing or slightly funny moments this movie had. That and the occasional cleavage saved this movie from a rotten 1/10, still, not really a recommended flick.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Apr 1, 2012
    Much more amusing in theory than in execution.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    Apr 1, 2012
    Vuorensola's sci-fi comedy is uneven, its humor never quite matching the luster of its visuals.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Pulver
    Apr 1, 2012
    It's not terrible, by any means: just not nearly as funny or cruel as its killer premise suggests.