- Starring: Jack White, Jimmy Page, The Edge
- Summary: Rarely can a film penetrate the glamorous surface of rock legends. It Might Get Loud tells the personal stories, in their own words, of three generations of electric guitar virtuosos – The Edge (U2), Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), and Jack White (The White Stripes). It reveals how each developed his unique sound and style of playing favorite instruments, guitars both found and invented. Concentrating on the artist’s musical rebellion, traveling with him to influential locations, provoking rare discussion as to how and why he writes and plays, this film lets you witness intimate moments and hear new music from each artist. The movie revolves around a day when Jimmy Page, Jack White, and The Edge first met and sat down together to share their stories, teach and play. (Sony Classics)… Expand
- Director: Davis Guggenheim
- Genre(s): Music, Documentary
- More Details and Credits »
Oct 3, 2013The SanFrancisco critic review is right on the money. This film is an abject failure and colossal waste of time. As nothing happens when the disparate group of guitarists meet, the film is then turned into a by the numbers brief doco on why each member got into music. The result is really dull because there is no unifying theme to the disparate acts. It fails as a love ode to the guitar also and is really an example of a very weak vague idea executed poorly.
Ultimately, a super boring turgid experience.… Expand
Published: May 11, 2010"Sea of Cowards," the latest album from Jack White's side project The Dead Weather, is out this week. How does it compare to White's other albums, including output from The White Stripes and The Raconteurs?