8.1

1. Apr 8, 2011
    When I first heard about this film I thought it was just another lame "parody" film about a couple of guys making jokes, but luckily I was wrong. This film is funny with a couple of very good jokes. I think that though it was rated rather average by the "pro" reviewers. To sum up, I'll just say that this is kind of a film that is worth watching and pretty damn good for that matter. Furthermore, the acting was convincing (not in all cases to be precise). Expand
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    This movie is funny as hell. I love the view askewuniverse movies and how kevin smith can write and direct the funniest movies ever. Snootcie Bootcies
  3. Sep 7, 2011
    Out of all the View Askewniverse movies, this one is by far the worst as far as potty humor goes, but it's to be expected when the usually secondary characters of J&SB take lead roles. It is funny, but not as smart as I've come to expect from Smith after the likes of Dogma and Clerks. If you're into J&SB though, you'll at least like this movie.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    The most uneven of all the View Askewniverse films, but it still contains some of the biggest laughs. Don't let the underwhelming first 20 minutes dissuade you, the comedy builds in momentum.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    It's gratifying to see a comedy can have no redeeming social value yet be full of hearty laughs.
    The movie is sloppy and scattershot, and proud of it. It wears its slipshod, anything-for-a-laugh structure like a badge of honor: Smith is nothing if not self-deprecating.
    Whether you will like Jay and Silent Bob depends on who you are. Most movies are made for everybody. Kevin Smith's movies are either made specifically for you, or specifically not made for you.