8.5

1. Apr 8, 2011
    When I first heard about this film I thought it was just another lame "parody" film about a couple of guys making jokes, but luckily I was wrong. This film is funny with a couple of very good jokes. I think that though it was rated rather average by the "pro" reviewers. To sum up, I'll just say that this is kind of a film that is worth watching and pretty damn good for that matter.When I first heard about this film I thought it was just another lame "parody" film about a couple of guys making jokes, but luckily I was wrong. This film is funny with a couple of very good jokes. I think that though it was rated rather average by the "pro" reviewers. To sum up, I'll just say that this is kind of a film that is worth watching and pretty damn good for that matter. Furthermore, the acting was convincing (not in all cases to be precise). Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    The most uneven of all the View Askewniverse films, but it still contains some of the biggest laughs. Don't let the underwhelming first 20 minutes dissuade you, the comedy builds in momentum.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    This movie is funny as hell. I love the view askewuniverse movies and how kevin smith can write and direct the funniest movies ever. Snootcie Bootcies
  4. Miko
    Mar 30, 2006
    Kevin Smith's first bad film. Shoddily pasted together from a confusing selection of aimless, dull, and only vaguely related scenes, this pointless mess is irritatingly smirky and self-deprecating. Just not worth it for the two to three faintly amusing moments.
  5. AbbyL
    Jul 5, 2007
    Extremely funny!! It's the kind of OMG Why am I laughing so hard kind of film.
  6. Sep 7, 2011
    Out of all the View Askewniverse movies, this one is by far the worst as far as potty humor goes, but it's to be expected when the usually secondary characters of J&SB take lead roles. It is funny, but not as smart as I've come to expect from Smith after the likes of Dogma and Clerks. If you're into J&SB though, you'll at least like this movie.
  7. FrankB.
    Mar 3, 2002
    This was one of the WORST movies I have seen. I rented the DVD and turned it off half way through. I am a big fan of stupid humor movies, but this one sucked. Dumb and Dumber, American Pie, Something About Mary are all 10's in my mind, but using the F-word every 3 seconds isn't enough to put Jay and Bob in the same league.
  8. Allan
    Jan 3, 2003
    This movie licks balls so badly.....NOT!!
  9. BrookeC.
    Jul 20, 2002
    This movie was f.....g awsum. i could watch it so many times. And who ever disses it can go die a painful death choking on ther own d..k(if they have one) while trying to suck it cuz ther mest up girl friends won't even suck it cuz they are so pathedic.
  10. DesereC.
    Aug 5, 2002
    I loved this movie . It made me laugh every couple of minutes. Kevin Smith is great, but mallrats is still a perfect 10!!!!
  11. AndrewJ.
    Apr 8, 2003
    By far the funniest movie i have ever seen... if they don't come out with another it'll be a shame cause this one rocked!
  12. BriannaH.
    Oct 20, 2001
    I think this was Smith's best movie ever, and for all you losers who didn't like it, f*ck you up your stupid asses!!
  13. MisterTurbo
    Aug 25, 2001
    Bring a change of clothes; you will pee your pants.
  14. SamS.
    Sep 3, 2001
    A fitting end to the New Jersey Chronicles. Anyone who doesn't like this twisted flick licks b***s.
    Sep 7, 2001
    This movie was hillarious.
  16. BenB.
    Sep 8, 2001
    Great way for Kev to end his comedy career (excluding rumored clerks animated). Hilarious to anyone who gets the references and even those who don't, but I recommend seeing the other 4 films first. And f*ck all you little knobs who didn't like it.
  17. AngelS.
    Oct 17, 2002
    Dude this movie rocked, jay and silent bob were funny as hell in Dogma and this film is just great its the funniest thing since monty python movies! peace
  18. PresidentEvil
    Jan 6, 2002
    Definitely the funniest film I have seen in a long time. The gags are constant and hilarious. A film you can see over and over again.
  19. SarahF.
    Mar 3, 2002
    I thought it was funny, being privileged enough to see the other movies before this one allowed me to get the jokes about the others and the cartoon series. If you didn't like it you probably haven't seen the others and have closed minded views anyway. Congrats to Kevin Smith on another great movie!
  20. JoeC.
    Mar 4, 2002
    This movie is da bomb! I say f... anyone who doesn't like this movie, f... them up their stupid asses. See this movie.
  21. JoeJ.
    Jul 4, 2002
    This movie was great. Sooooooo funny. I couldn't stop laughing.
  22. BobI.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Okay well this movie was crap...accept for the part with ben affleck and matt damon about good will hunting 2 because that was hilarious...and the word cock wasnt said once in that time frame. other than that it was crap because i mean who cock must have been said 50 times! so...it gets a 3 only because matt damon and ben affleck were reallllly funny.
  23. Alex
    Sep 1, 2002
    Dear Jay and silent bob haters, You are the ones who are the ball lickers. Me and Wes model our whole f....n' lives around Jay and silent bob. love, alex and wes.
  24. MarcS.
    Jan 14, 2003
    This movie made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it.. and the 2nd.. and the 3rd.. it's so damn funny; you should just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
  25. DaveC.
    Jun 9, 2004
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is a vulgar, juvenile and downright ugly film. There are moments of winking irony here and there, as if Smith knows what he's doing, but they are too few and far between and what is left is the big picture, one that indicates that film aimed to appeal to the lowest common denominator and that Smith's fan base of complacent potsmokers assured the Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is a vulgar, juvenile and downright ugly film. There are moments of winking irony here and there, as if Smith knows what he's doing, but they are too few and far between and what is left is the big picture, one that indicates that film aimed to appeal to the lowest common denominator and that Smith's fan base of complacent potsmokers assured the commercial viability of the film. Still at least it's not as bad as the hideously self-indulgent Mallrats. Oh, and Smith, go to film school and try and learn a few things about directing, you suck, and don't ever try to do surreal comedy again. Expand
  26. Lo
    Jul 6, 2005
    Ive seen this film hundreds of times and i still class it as my all time favourite I know i will never get tired of it! Its clever, funny and a lot of fun 2 watch. Kevin smith is a brilliant writter/director!
  27. DarrenW.
    Dec 1, 2001
    So the plot's a bit weak and its not everyone's cup of tea but for me it was 90 mins of laughter!!! GO SEE IT!
  28. BrianG.
    Aug 24, 2001
    I loved this flick! It was everything that I expected from the director that brought on the Easter bunny attack in "Mallrats." Great Job Kevin!!
  29. NicoleG.
    Aug 25, 2001
    This movie is beyond funny. I mean come on, how many movies have you seen that will just about make you pee your pants from laughing so hard.
  30. ShawnN.
    Aug 27, 2001
    Kevin Smith has done it again, the trailers don't do it justice. After seeing "American Pie 2," I didn't think I would see a funnier movie for a long time. Boy was I wrong. I had to see it again just to see all the parts I missed while I was laughing.
  31. MonicaD.
    Mar 18, 2002
    That movie was so funny!!! And just becuse they say f..k every 3 seconds doesn't make it a bad movie! It just makes it more funny! So for all you uptight and closed minded people don't bother seeing this movie but everyone else...you'll love it!!!
  32. S.
    Mar 27, 2002
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. A lot of people are bashing it because it's all about pot and dick jokes, but that's who Jay and Silent Bob are. The only way to make this movie more like his others would be to completely change the characters, which would be a "bare assed fart in the face of Smith's fans" as some Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. A lot of people are bashing it because it's all about pot and dick jokes, but that's who Jay and Silent Bob are. The only way to make this movie more like his others would be to completely change the characters, which would be a "bare assed fart in the face of Smith's fans" as some asslick so elequently put it. So if you don't like it, fist yourself. Expand
  33. MikeO.
    Mar 3, 2002
    "You are the one's who are the ball licker's" This movie is hilarious, don't listen to the negative stuck up critic's they don't have a clue. Go watch this movie!
  34. GabeT.
    Mar 9, 2002
    Remember "Clerks"? Remember the foul-mouthed, pot smoking, irritating Jay, who hung out at the convenient store and bothered everyone? Well, imagine 90 minutes spent with him, and you have "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."
  35. BryanT.
    May 13, 2002
    Snootch-to-nootch.
  36. BillV.
    May 23, 2002
    This movie kicked ass. The plot, characters and everything was the greatest. If I have a chance to see this movie in the future I will.
  37. JohnM.
    May 28, 2002
    This f.... movie rocks my balls this movie is the f........ bongggging the best movie besides all the other jay and silent bob movies that are out there you guys need to keep making more f... the public view just make it so i can buy the f....er and you can get your "motherf.....g movie check" ok thanx alot you guys are the best stay like that peace.
  38. JacyG.
    Jun 30, 2002
    This movie is the best f....n movie ever made. i have it on divx and i watch it ever night befroe i go to bed and its really f.....n funny when ur stoned so whoever disses this movie u suck d.... BOONNGGG =D
  39. Kampo
    Aug 5, 2002
    This was one of the crappiest movies ever. I wish two dumbass stoner dudes intercepted its making and prevented this hour and a half of garbage from ever hitting my eyes. If Jay and Silent Butt were real, I'd definately kick both their asses!
  40. EricaC.
    Sep 5, 2002
    This was the best movie i had ever seen i mean it was the best. I mean it was about time that they came out with this movie. I loved this movie.
  41. JonathonW.
    Dec 7, 2003
    Absolutely terrible. Smith's insulting of the great film Magnolia for "using studio money to deal with personal issues", followed by his making of this film shows him for what he is: a complete hypocrite.
  42. JonathanM.
    Mar 15, 2003
    THIS MOTHA FU....N MOVIE IS DA BEST. I lAUGHED MY F....N ASS OFF.
  43. DaveQ.
    Mar 28, 2003
    This sh.t is the MAAAD notes, written by god herself and handed down the greatest band alive. The Mother Fu..in' TIME!
  44. JessicaD.
    Jul 16, 2003
    I love this f..king movie and i love jason mewes too.
  45. MichaelM.
    Oct 23, 2004
    This movie is the worst Kevin Smith movie ever made. It isn't a bad movie at all, it is actually kind of decent and very funny. It just doesn't like up to the great Kevin Smith films such as Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Mallrats. It definetly is the most crude and twisted movie ever done by Kevin Smith, and it definetly has the f-word the most times. Even Silent Bob says the This movie is the worst Kevin Smith movie ever made. It isn't a bad movie at all, it is actually kind of decent and very funny. It just doesn't like up to the great Kevin Smith films such as Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Mallrats. It definetly is the most crude and twisted movie ever done by Kevin Smith, and it definetly has the f-word the most times. Even Silent Bob says the f-word in this! Usually the only lines out of his mouth are , "Thanks", "No Ticket", "She brought you Lasangna", but not "F**k!". This film definetly has the most cameo appearences though. This is Jay and Silent Bob's (ensemble characters in all of Smith's movies) very one feature film! The story is about Jay (Jason Mewes) and his hetero life partner Silent Bob (Kevin Smith), who after getting banned from the convenience store featured in Clerks by Dante (Brian O'Halloran) and Randal (Jeff Anderson), set out for Hollywood to destroy the movie made from their lives written by cartoon artists from Chasing Amy (Ben Affleck and Jason Lee). On the way the encounter a nun (Carrie Fisher), a perverted hitchhiker (George Carlin), a bunch of female jewelry thiefs (including Shannon Elizabeth (who Jay falls in love with), Eliza Dushku, and Ali Larter) and a weird tree hugger (Seann William Scott). Along the way to Hollywood they also get chased by a very dumb Federal Wildlife Marshall (Will Ferrel) after they get tricked into stealing a monkey from a building. When they finally get to Hollywood they find the men playing them in the movie are James Van Der Beek and American Pie's Jason Biggs, and the director of the play is Chris Rock. The film also co-stars Judd Nelson, SNL's Tracy Morgan, Jon Stewart, Jules Asner, Gus Van Zandt, Jaime Kennedy, Wes Craven, Shannon Doherty (Mallrats), Mark Hamill, The Drew Carey Show's Diedrich Bader, Renee Humphrey (Mallrats), Joey Lauren Adams (Chasing Amy, Mallrats), Alanis Morrissette, Matt Damon (Chasing Amy, Dogma) and Morris Day. This film is an alright comedy, very funny but is a little loose on plot. (2/20/03) Expand
  46. PonR.
    Mar 13, 2005
    A lot of fun to watch, wasn't all toilet humor and cliches. I was never a big fan of Kevin Smith, but this film shines with way more hits than misses, making it his best work thus far.
  47. ToddB.
    Apr 18, 2005
    The movie is what it is: a flick for fans of Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma. If you didn't enjoy those, you won't enjoy this. If you did enjoy them, this movie is either right your wheelhouse or a way to kill an hour and a half with having to endure Law and Order or Charmed reruns. It all depends on whether or not you like Kevin Smith's work purely for the humor The movie is what it is: a flick for fans of Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma. If you didn't enjoy those, you won't enjoy this. If you did enjoy them, this movie is either right your wheelhouse or a way to kill an hour and a half with having to endure Law and Order or Charmed reruns. It all depends on whether or not you like Kevin Smith's work purely for the humor (Mallrats) or for heart and brains (Chasing Amy and Dogma). If you want nothing more than a string of Smith-trademark dick and fart jokes, along with a long series of inside references to the previous films you'll be in heaven here. Being someone who thinks Smith peaked with Chasing Amy, this movie is like Return of the Jedi. It's got some of the best and worst material Kevin Smith has produced. At several points I just wanted to scream, "Alright. We get it! Jay likes to say f#ck!" Hey, I use profanity as much as the next guy, but it's beneath Smith to try and get laugh purely by having Jay stand outside Quick Stop and sing lyrics composed almost entirely of the F-bomb for no reason whatsoever. Fortunately, while the needless profanity gets tiresome, there's more than enough redeeming moments for Smith fan-boys to enjoy the flick. If you can't get a laugh out of seeing Gus Van Sant (sp?) counting a huge bag of money on the set of Good Will Hunting 2, Jay and Bob getting medieval on Internet trolls or Shannon Doherty complaining to Wes Craven about the "Scream 4" villain being a monkey, then you're not taking the flick's content in the spirit that it's given - pure, unadulterated fun. Jay and Silent Bob Strike back never pretends to strike new ground cinematically. It never pretends to be a high-minded comedy. It's only goal is to get as many cheap chuckles from its audience as it can. The only reason not to just sit back and enjoy it is if you don't have the tolerance for constant barrages of profanity. Besides, how many opportunities do you get to see Mark Hamill (a.k.a. Luke Skywalker) wield a lightsaber again? Expand
  48. JReb
    Jul 11, 2006
    One of the most halarious movies ive ever seen. I didnt think any of Smith's other movies were that funny so this came as a real shocker.
  49. ShawnP.
    Nov 12, 2001
    This movie is off the f...ing HEEZIE!!
  50. AndrewF.
    Nov 15, 2001
    The Jay and Silent Bob Movie licks balls, because they both in fact lick balls. Anyone who doesn't like this movie, I'm gonna make you eat my sh*t, then sh*t my sh*t, then make you eat your shi*t which is made up of my sh*t that I made you eat. Bunggggg.
  51. JamesS.
    Nov 3, 2001
    This is perhaps the funniest movie I have ever had the privilage of viewing, Kevin Smith is a genius. One day I hope to follow in his footsteps!
  52. EricK.
    Oct 16, 2001
    This movie is hilarious. All of the Kevin Smith moviez rule and whoever didn't see this SHOULD!!
  53. MattR.
    Aug 24, 2001
    This movie ...ing rules!!
  54. ScottH.
    Aug 26, 2001
    Brings out the kid in me. And I love pot jokes. I guess I never matured! Oh well!
  55. RyanM.
    Aug 26, 2001
    An absolute waste of time for anyone who had anything to do with the making of it, for anyone who went to see it, and for anyone who has a brain in their head. I was actually anticipating this film (because Jay and Bob are so hilarious in Smith's other films), but now I know never to listen to a trailer.
  56. K.Dogg
    Nov 29, 2002
    Best movie EVER!!!!!!!! So many awesome quotes, especially from Chaka Luther King :)
  57. Anne
    Oct 13, 2002
    YO! PPLS! This is the ONLY GREATEST MOVIE EVER, these ppl who think it's great too, are the coolest ppl ever to live on the planet. Jay and Silent Bob Rock. Hopefully, Jay and Silent Bob will Strike back again!
  58. MGoodwin
    Mar 14, 2002
    Funny, very F...... funny... a must see movie.
  59. MatthewS.
    Apr 22, 2002
    To criticize this film as juvenile and lacking in artistic merit is to completely miss the point. Smith has crafted a no-apologies bit of absurdity for the sole purpose of amusing his fans, which he pulls off pretty damned well.
  60. WesB.
    Aug 17, 2002
    This movie is the best movie EVER!!! I laughed every minute. IT'S AWESOME!!!!!
  61. LukeT.
    Dec 15, 2003
    The best movie in years along with dogma and the other Jay and Silent bob films this film makes for endless laughs, at the the stoners of course. Great if your like me and my friends and have sick minds! Watch this!!!!
  62. ZoeJ.
    Feb 16, 2003
    It's the best f*ckin movie of all time!!! i've watched it 8 times and i'm still not sick of it! it's sooooo funny and anyone that thinks other wise needs their head checked!
  63. JenaP.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Haha this movie rocks its beyond funny so i think every1 should see it its a laughing kinda thing to enjoy with the friends.
  64. Beercan
    Jan 12, 2005
    Finally breaks the reliable chain of every odd-numbered Kevin Smith film not being one of the worst films of the year.
  65. JasonS.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Bluntman and Chronic suck! =D It was a good movie, on a more serious note.
  66. KeithD.
    Jan 31, 2006
    this film is extremely funny. Though crude, has a great plot and script. It is the best film ever!
  67. Apr 12, 2015
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is a lot different from the films that Kevin Smith had made. It obviously had a waaay bigger budget that allowed a lot more venues to shoot at. The movie is funny but its more dated than Clerks and Mallrats, plus as much as I love Jay and Silent Bob, they are really just supporting characters. One of the really cool parts about this film is the star powerJay and Silent Bob Strike Back is a lot different from the films that Kevin Smith had made. It obviously had a waaay bigger budget that allowed a lot more venues to shoot at. The movie is funny but its more dated than Clerks and Mallrats, plus as much as I love Jay and Silent Bob, they are really just supporting characters. One of the really cool parts about this film is the star power that is scattered throughout. You get to see Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and a lot of other big actors that have cameo appearances along the way, plus a lot the characters from Smith's previous films so really if you are a fan of Kevin Smith's movies I advise you to watch this. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    It's gratifying to see a comedy can have no redeeming social value yet be full of hearty laughs.
    The movie is sloppy and scattershot, and proud of it. It wears its slipshod, anything-for-a-laugh structure like a badge of honor: Smith is nothing if not self-deprecating.
    Whether you will like Jay and Silent Bob depends on who you are. Most movies are made for everybody. Kevin Smith's movies are either made specifically for you, or specifically not made for you.