Jesus Camp

7.3

1. Nov 11, 2010
    This movie was very interesting to watch. One can even say that radical Christians are using impressionable kids to fight the battle that they can't. I didn't know that 75% of home-schooled children are Evangelists and how they teach their children that Evolution is wrong and that Creationism is the only answer. This is a biased view on the world. They teach their kids that Science doesn'tThis movie was very interesting to watch. One can even say that radical Christians are using impressionable kids to fight the battle that they can't. I didn't know that 75% of home-schooled children are Evangelists and how they teach their children that Evolution is wrong and that Creationism is the only answer. This is a biased view on the world. They teach their kids that Science doesn't answer anything but religion does. The camp itself is fairly disturbing. They or Pastor Becky in general, made the kids feel guilty if they wanted to be normal or shy away from God. She told them that they are phonies and must repent. Also, I found it funny that she mentioned that Harry Potter would've been killed in the old testament because he was a warlock. Also, when they wanted to tell ghost stories, the kids were once again feel guilty because they are told that the storied don't honor God. I also saw how they slipped how abortion is wrong into the equation. They are turning these kids into soldiers of God in a radical way. I'm not one to judge but these kids will have interesting lives ahead of them. If only they had freedom to live and do what they please like normal children. Expand
  2. Josh
    Mar 3, 2007
    Jesus Camp does present a compelling look at what happens when people take religion too far, pushing their views upon others and misconstruing the basic principles that their beliefs are founded upon. Therefore, I found it ironic that the directors had to integrate the creepiest music possible to underscore the film and essentially push their bias upon the viewers. Without this, the film Jesus Camp does present a compelling look at what happens when people take religion too far, pushing their views upon others and misconstruing the basic principles that their beliefs are founded upon. Therefore, I found it ironic that the directors had to integrate the creepiest music possible to underscore the film and essentially push their bias upon the viewers. Without this, the film could've been great. Expand
  3. Apr 15, 2014
    This woman Beck Fischer who runs the camp suffers from obesity and the many illnesses compounded with it.

Her obesity is a direct outcome of her anger which lead her to hatred. Being obese is not a pretty picture in the eyes of people. She knows this and it makes her angry because she can't stop eating. She directs the anger toward the world. This anger toward people and herself leads to hatred. As her disease progressed she began to hate the world and want revenge on it. The complexity of this disease makes her a very unhappy woman who indulges in tons of food to quell her anger.

Religion afforded her an opportunity to be around others in her obese state. But the only way she can have enough courage to do this, is through self righteousness. She cannot be around others unless she assumes an intimidating role, the more intimidating, the less apt is a follower to ask about or remark on her obesity. It's far too involved to go into here but that's her, in a nutshell.

Their stance on abortion would not comply with Christ's assessment of the subject.

Proof being that Christ once said to some very self-righteous temple going people. " Even the prostitutes and tax collectors are going into Heaven ahead of you." Christ was knowledgeable of prostitution and the things women had to go through if they were a prostitute.

Christ was well aware of abortion. Prostitutes have practiced abortion for centuries. Christ, knowing this and being a very intelligent person, still claimed that even they, the prostitutes were going to enter Heaven.

He claimed that others were going to have to wait outside while these prostitutes and tax collectors went in ahead of the self-righteous. Since he knew that they practiced abortion from time to time and still stated that they would enter Heaven, it means Christ is a very loving person for allowing prostitutes into his kingdom. I saw no love coming from these people in the film. I saw zealots stating phrases that had the word love in them but as a famous writer once wrote. “What you are, shouts so loud, I can't hear a word you say.

I'll get back to the film in a minute: This part is for all people regardless of believers or nonbelievers.

When Christ said “I am in the Father and the Father is in me.” He was simply stating the fact that we can only come from the energy and matter contained in the Universe. This is the Creator or Father and we are part of the Universe. The energy and matter of the Universe is inside of us. The Father cannot exist outside of the Universe because the Universe is All. We are the Universe beholding Itself.

Probably the most interesting thing Jesus verified (and don't get too excited, since most likely none of us are anywhere near to having what it takes.) but he said : We humans are Gods and children of the most high. He was saying that we have a capacity in us that can do nearly anything and went on to say that we as humans would do even greater works than he was doing.

This poor woman Fischer can't even pull off a slight miracle like giving up a bag of Frito's to save herself from obesity. If something so obvious as this escapes her understanding, then how can she understand deeper issues like abortion, homosexuality and war?

It was fearful and self-righteous feelings that got our Nation into a war with Iraq, a nation that had never done anything to us. The religious right-wing and people such as these and Bush took us into this war. Now the Karmic principle that Christ taught is being visited on our nation. "As you do unto others, it shall be done unto you."

We destroyed their economy, Our economy was destroyed. We destroyed their infrastructure, Katrina and the Gulf Oil Spill destroyed ours. We made millions of them homeless, millions of our homes went into foreclosure. Isn't it just like he stated? Millions of our jobs were exported overseas and our own bankers turned on us, robbing our retirement savings and lowered the value of our homes by 40%. Now our tax dollars are being used to rebuild Iraq infrastructure.

Christ was an incredible teacher and this film is actually quite a lesson as to how religious people, armed with incomplete understanding can do so much damage to themselves and the world in general.
    This film portrays what happens in any religion, not just the Christian people.

As a last observation on this film, their teaching of hatred toward homosexuality is totally off.

Christ never said anything about homosexuals and for a very good reason.

His Father is the Creation itself and in the Creation or Universe, this planet came into being. On this planet, homosexuality exists in several of the animal life forms. It didn't just develop in Mankind. Christ knew this and there was no reason for him to say anything about it. The Creator of the Creation doesn't make mistakes. Everything that exists can only only exist because of the way it arranges itself in the Eternal-Now.
  4. AdamL
    Apr 25, 2007
    The fact that one of the comments below compares twenty-first century Evangelicals with members of the Taliban shows just how uninformed most Americans are about Christianity. Disagreeing with a religion that preaches peace and love over all else is one thing; likening the more enthusiastic members of its parish to woman-hating mass murderers is another, and pretty abominable.
  5. JoeB.
    Aug 12, 2007
    Its spooky music and tepid attempt at counterpoint unnecessarily undercuts an otherwise compelling film. Jesus Camp's value lies in its power as a socio/psychological document. It is one of the best public records we have of cult dynamics and mind control. One of the best public records of cult dynamics and

1. A frightening, infuriating, yet profoundly compassionate documentary about the indoctrination of children by the Evangelical right.
  2. A fascinating glimpse of kids' role in the evangelical movement's political agenda.
  3. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    May shock many viewers, especially political liberals.