Johnny English Reborn

6.4

1. Nov 4, 2011
    Entertainment wise it is good, nonetheless the story is repetitive like the first film; good thing is I intended to have a very low expectation about this film, so I'm impress and entertain. You''ll laugh at almost part but the story is not as good (structure) as the first one. I am not saying it is bad, what I am saying is that is doesn't compare to the first movie. There is no sequenceEntertainment wise it is good, nonetheless the story is repetitive like the first film; good thing is I intended to have a very low expectation about this film, so I'm impress and entertain. You''ll laugh at almost part but the story is not as good (structure) as the first one. I am not saying it is bad, what I am saying is that is doesn't compare to the first movie. There is no sequence between the movies, but there are no time line errors, which is very good. Overall, this film is very flat and dull. Granted the humor is good at points, and some of the special effects are fun, but more often than not you're given boring dialogue, ridiculous story with many plot holes and flat acting that is uninspired and just not humorous; but I'll still entertain and happy what I've spent in theater. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought it was fairly funny in some bits. A lot of the funny bits however had already been shown in the trailers. Otherwise it was fairly funny but not funny enough that I would watch it that many more times. It really depends what your type of movie is. If you really liked the first Johnny English you might like this but it not better than the first one. If you did not like the first one you will probably not like the second one either. I liked the first one but this one was just ok, so liking the first one does not guarantee that you will like this one. It still was entertaining but nothing close to a master comedy or master film. Expand
  3. Jun 24, 2012
    Recommended to watch together with children under the age of 10 years old. The jokes will be very much up their street and their heartfelt laughters will invariably make a difference to your outlook on this film. If you have no children or cannot borrow some for an hour and a half, don't bother.
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    I found this to be a very disappointing sequel. It still manages to provide some laugh out loud hilarious moments. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as funny as it's predecessor. Much of the humor ends up falling very short of the mark. The plot just ends up being filled with familiar twists that we've seen time and time again in the serious spy movies. All in all I don't recommend this forI found this to be a very disappointing sequel. It still manages to provide some laugh out loud hilarious moments. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as funny as it's predecessor. Much of the humor ends up falling very short of the mark. The plot just ends up being filled with familiar twists that we've seen time and time again in the serious spy movies. All in all I don't recommend this for a watch, even if you were a fan of the original. I found myself saying "wow that was stupid" way more than I was saying "wow that was funny". To me that's the sign of a lackluster comedy. Expand
  5. Nov 7, 2011
    There's laugh out loud moment and also the corny ones. Funny, how this movie works. The movie itself undeniably awful. Not Rowan Atkinson fan? You should forget it.
  6. Jan 12, 2012
    Johnny English Reborn is all about the amazing Rowan Atkinson . He was as amazing he always is and super funny . Without him This film would get 0 . Except Rowan Atkinson most of the things in this film sucks . The Story was so bad . Except for Rowan most of the Actors wasn't good at all . Oliver Parker should stay with St. Trinian's . Soundtracks was 50-50 . So Overall Johnny EnglishJohnny English Reborn is all about the amazing Rowan Atkinson . He was as amazing he always is and super funny . Without him This film would get 0 . Except Rowan Atkinson most of the things in this film sucks . The Story was so bad . Except for Rowan most of the Actors wasn't good at all . Oliver Parker should stay with St. Trinian's . Soundtracks was 50-50 . So Overall Johnny English Reborn is Rowan Atkinson Rowan Atkinson Rowan Atkinson . Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    Before I started to watch the movie I knew it was not going to be as good as Johnny English 1. I wasn't surprised. Some laughs, but nothing hilarious. Not disappointing as I wasn't expecting much.
  8. Oct 18, 2014
    Johnny English Reborn is funny and inventive with another hilarious performance from Rowan Atkinson. Not as funny and memorable as it's predecessor but still a riveting time.
  9. Nov 5, 2011
    I am a massive fan of the first film but disliked this one. It is more in the vein of Daniel Craig's Bonds rather than the old Bonds, (which is what the first film was based on, since it came out in 2003). As such it has to include a lot more complicated elements, which means there is more time devoted to plot twists and ergo serious moments, rather than a simple story which leaves a lotI am a massive fan of the first film but disliked this one. It is more in the vein of Daniel Craig's Bonds rather than the old Bonds, (which is what the first film was based on, since it came out in 2003). As such it has to include a lot more complicated elements, which means there is more time devoted to plot twists and ergo serious moments, rather than a simple story which leaves a lot of room for comedy (as the first one did). In addition, the comedy seems quite lazy and I did not find it very funny. The is mostly due to the fact that in this film Johnny English is actually good at combat, so it means there's not much room for the type of physical comedy Atkinson is great at. Expand
  10. Apr 9, 2012
    The story is somewhat unorganized, but it makes up for it with great humor. The acting is mostly convincing. It could have been better storywise, but its a fun little treat.
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    Johnny English, the best of MI7 (how he accomplished that, I will never know) is returning to line of duty after trying to find his inner warrior, and gain some peace after a disastrous mission in Africa that put both him and his agency in shame.

When he returns, Pegasus (Gillian Anderson) takes him at once under harsh scrutiny - yet not harsh enough, it would seem. Much as I liked to see Agent Scully (X-Files reference) in another movie role, her part did not feel as complete as I would have hoped.

All in all, I find "Johnny English Reborn" failed in much the same way as the original movie; there was comedy, but mostly it was for the sake of the comedy itself. It wasn't really funny, although it made me laugh; it was not clever, or new, or even refreshing.

The plot was a bit shaky, but the attention keeps being pulled away from that by the chaos that goes on. A good movie, if you're a fan of Rowan Atkins, but otherwise they are cheap laughs.
  12. Mar 1, 2012
    Jhonny english reborn is a good film but not that good it was a huge dissapoint compared to the first one which was full of comedy. This one however was not I found it had good moments and bad moments and every now and then it had boring moments. If you expect this to be as good as the first one or better ,which I did, then u r most likely to be dissapointed.
  13. Mar 8, 2014
    Perhaps slightly better than its predecessor, this sequel still remains mostly dull. It tries to be an intense spy movie, but all we're getting is a silly, tired spy comedy.

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Oct 26, 2011
    "English Reborn" isn't terrible and is certainly seriously harmless.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Singer
    Oct 21, 2011
    An incredible physical comedian, Rowan Atkinson would seemingly do anything for a laugh except one crucial thing: hold out for a better script. This sequel to 2003's Johnny English has a few inspired gags, but most of the material is on the level of English getting kicked repeatedly in his thunderballs.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Oct 21, 2011
    For anyone expecting the second coming of Clouseau, Johnny English Reborn is a karmic catastrophe.