Fox Searchlight Pictures | Release Date: December 5, 2007
Universal acclaim based on 1215 Ratings
1,015
WATCH NOW
SpangleJan 8, 2015
A realistic and touching depiction of teenage pregnancy, Juno is a real winner. Ellen Page is a shining star here in a powerhouse performance where she truly commands the screen. Michael Cera is his typical hilariously awkward self here,A realistic and touching depiction of teenage pregnancy, Juno is a real winner. Ellen Page is a shining star here in a powerhouse performance where she truly commands the screen. Michael Cera is his typical hilariously awkward self here, while J.K. Simmons would have had my favorite performance here, if not for Page's turn in the lead role. The writing is very strong and some of the exchanges here were absolutely hilarious. The characters all also very well-written and feel like authentic 16 year olds. The direction from Jason Reitman is also very good and the story is very well told here. The title sequence was also one of the coolest I have seen. I usually do not notice that too much, but here, it was really well done and the music was perfect for it. Finally, I typically do not find comedies that funny for whatever reason, but here, I was laughing quite often. The film was a great blend of drama and comedy and it was refreshing for me to find a film that I found to be 50/50 in that regard, rather than a dramedy that never really makes me laugh. Overall, really authentic coming of age film that strikes a chord without question. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Jason Reitman's "Juno" is a dramedy about a teenager (Page) who faces an unplanned pregnancy and decides to put her unborn child up for adoption. Now, I've heard a lot of good buzz about "Juno" since it's 2007 release, and I've been ratherJason Reitman's "Juno" is a dramedy about a teenager (Page) who faces an unplanned pregnancy and decides to put her unborn child up for adoption. Now, I've heard a lot of good buzz about "Juno" since it's 2007 release, and I've been rather excited to finally see it. First off, I can say that the film itself is pretty good. I enjoyed most of the aspects of it. The acting on all fronts is great. Ellen Page is hilarious as the titular character, and Michael Cera is equally as funny as her awkward friend. The facet of the movie that I admired the most was the film's brilliant, Academy Award-Winning script written by Diablo Cody. I found every line in this movie to be delightfully unique, and Cody's use of modern dialogue devices really helps to give this movie a certain authenticity. Although this movie is labelled a comedy, I found it to be more of a heartfelt drama love story - especially towards the end. Overall, I felt that "Juno" was a very sweet addition to the comedy genre. Expand
beingryanjudeAug 27, 2014
Juno is a charmer. I'm not only talking about Ellen Page as Juno MacGuff, but Juno as a whole. It's an intelligent comedy that only comes around every couple of years.
Meth-dudeMar 5, 2017
A little overrated, but a good movie nonetheless, Juno had great acting performances, an original story, a great soundtrack and it was, overall, pretty entertaining. Even if it's not as good as what people and critics say, you should give it a try.
cameronmorewoodNov 17, 2012
The dialogue rattles off so sharply and originally, you can't help but be entranced by Juno's wit. It also has an emotional core, and some genuine heartwarming moments. Reitman, like Alexander Payne, is a master of the human comedy.
Trev29Sep 1, 2012
So unique. Quirky, awkward, and just great. Best picture?...... no. However, it provided a tender message that had a lasting impact. You have to appreciate the weirdness of this film or you will not like it.
ydnar4Mar 8, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juno is one of the best independent films ever. It really has a story that you really wouldn't expect to be that unique but it is so innovative. You don't have to be a hipster to love Juno but it may help. Ellen Page is outstanding in this film and its unfortunate that she didn't really get a real chance to be a comedy star like she was in this film. She is really funny and the character suits her so well.

Beside Page you have several note worthy names like Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman and JK Simmons. The whole cast is great but Diablo Cody's script is as much the star as anyone in the film. The story avoids clichés and there are so many moments where the dialogue is exceptional which explains why this movie won an Oscar for its screenplay.

The only issue that I have with Juno is Jason Bateman's absence in during the ending. I'm not always a big fan of Jason Bateman but he was so good in this movie and he avoided falling into the same character that he always plays but he was still super likeable despite deserting his wife right before they are going to adopt a baby. Bateman's character left pretty late in the film and I wasn't expecting him to kiss and make up but I think he should have at least been involved in the film's ending. Juno is still great though and I can't believe I waited so long to watch it.
hoops2448Oct 18, 2011
I recently bought a triple pack containing Juno, Little Miss Sunshine and Waitress. These are all 3 fine films that effortlessly portray strong female characters at multiple ages and classes while also bringing so much more to the table.I recently bought a triple pack containing Juno, Little Miss Sunshine and Waitress. These are all 3 fine films that effortlessly portray strong female characters at multiple ages and classes while also bringing so much more to the table. Although it is not my favourite of the bunch (that would be Waitress) Juno exemplifies a film that flies high on its own adorableness but still shows that it is remarkably self aware, intelligent and funny as hell.
Juno tells the story of (oddly enough) Juno Macguff (Ellen Page who at the age of 16 gets pregnant by her boyfriend Paulie Bleeker (Michael Cera) and decides to give it up for adoption to a middle class couple (Jennifer Garner & Jason Bateman) with the help of her parents (Allison Janney & J.K Simmons).
Page manages to thrive on the incredibly solid script bringing to life the character who is shown to be incredibly smart, independent and authentic. If anything the other cast member who does as good a job is Jennifer Garner who portrays Vanessa so brilliantly that this highly strung, obsessive and quite frankly domineering becomes funny and enchanting. Batemans Mark also brings a commanding performance as a man who just hasn't grown up, with him in some ways being more immature than Juno despite the fact he is 20 years older.
The rest of the cast bring some great comedy to the mix with Simmons and Janney both bringing their great comic timing while also providing a foil for Juno as she struggles with her pregnancy. The scenes between Janney and Page are especially good with displays of such affection handled so delicately and subtly. The film works from a fantastic script and is all brought together by director Jason Reitman who conveys so much through what isn't shown as well as his extremely honest direction of the actors, especially towards the end. Juno does not disappoint at all, in fact its nine months I'd happily watch again and again.
KivaAug 20, 2013
Juno was a good movie. I wasn't surprised but I was a little disappointed as I expected a little more from that movie as the reviews from the critics and the users are high. It has a great cast especially Ellen's Page performance which shouldJuno was a good movie. I wasn't surprised but I was a little disappointed as I expected a little more from that movie as the reviews from the critics and the users are high. It has a great cast especially Ellen's Page performance which should have been awarded with an Oscar. The plot wasn't something really amazing but the whole film was entertaining It had some funny moments and some quite a bit sad moments. It is entertaining and easily watched and if you like this kind of comedies you will like it. I liked it but I was expecting more.. Expand
ERG1008Sep 1, 2010
Teenager gets accidentally pregnant, decides to give the baby to a middle class couple when it's born.
Great film that's full of charm & very sweet.
Great film that's full of charm & very sweet.
Ellen Page is fantastic as the quirky yet very dry Juno. Good supporting cast & a great soundtrack to go with it.
TheWalrus2000Mar 11, 2013
Juno is the ultimate teen movie, Jaspon Reitman clearly shows how much he understands teens lifestyle, thoughts, and humor. It provides fun and lovable performances and a wonderful plot that sooth the hearts of audiences everywhere.
Spielberg00Sep 15, 2011
Starring the actress we know from INCEPTION and WHIP IT and the actor we know from SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD and SUPERBAD, JUNO is a ridiculously funny comedy about an unplanned teen pregnancy. When I rented it, even though it was nominatedStarring the actress we know from INCEPTION and WHIP IT and the actor we know from SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD and SUPERBAD, JUNO is a ridiculously funny comedy about an unplanned teen pregnancy. When I rented it, even though it was nominated for a few Oscars and was highly praised review-wise, I feared that it would be an "indie" twist on the usual dumb-humor farce; but it's extremely simple to say that that's not at all what this was. It was an amazing blend of controversy and laughs that, quite surprisingly, weren't from raunchiness or crudeness, but rather from the cleverness of the plot and sub-plots altogether. Expand
FDT44Jan 10, 2011
Coming-of-age story told with remarkable witt, adroitness, authenticity, and essence. The dialogue is thorough and adept without losing its younger viewers. "Juno" is a smart comedy/drama that, at times, comes across a bit brusque, but winsComing-of-age story told with remarkable witt, adroitness, authenticity, and essence. The dialogue is thorough and adept without losing its younger viewers. "Juno" is a smart comedy/drama that, at times, comes across a bit brusque, but wins your heart through the 9 month journey of a teen-made-mom facing the astringent sociological and physiological effects of a "fly-by-night" decision. However, instances of quixotic support from parents and quirky relationships make "Juno" less believable, and more Hollywood than you would like to see, but manages to keep your attention long enough through Page's brilliant performance. Expand
gagaforeverSep 20, 2010
My favorite movie! Ellen Page is the only person who could have done this part. The movie shows how fun life can be, while blending that with the up and down rollercoaster of teenage life. I cried when she had the baby because I knewthatMy favorite movie! Ellen Page is the only person who could have done this part. The movie shows how fun life can be, while blending that with the up and down rollercoaster of teenage life. I cried when she had the baby because I knewthat even though the baby was not going to be brought up by Juno, that she was still eternally, and forever the baby's mother Expand
kyle20ellisSep 28, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great movie. Amazing performances by Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Allison Janney, J.K. Simmons & Jennifer Garner. I'm surprised to see some of the hate in the User Comments. Can you bitter schmucks actually gave this movie a 2? I'd love to see what Michael B., Sara E. & Aaron S. think is an 8. Or a 5. Those are three metacritic readers that rate good movies lower to get their twisted kicks... Expand
hanneguacamoleDec 1, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juno's cute, quirky aesthetic really brings the whole film to life. Each character – even the minor ones – seem to be well-developed and have their own unique attributes. Juno's life is so strange that it would never be real, but that's the charm. This fantastical girl facing a real problem, therefore bringing the deeper topic of teenage pregnancy to a forefront.

"She's just different." "You know it wasn't his idea." Being pregnant with BEAKER'S baby? Who woulda thought! Certainly not anyone who had met Beaker – making their relationship even more the comical. Juno and Bleaker's relationship is so accurate with its miniscule social interactions. They're in high school so neither of them knows how to deal with a baby. That's where the adoptive parents come in.

Juno is naïve, she's innocent. She doesn't know that her "relationship" with Mark will cause her to lose her faith in love. She's just a spunky teenager that likes to talk and make friends. Even though the Lorings split up, possible due to Juno, it's not sad. The way in which each major event comes about brings nothing but humor and youthfulness. "Why are you over here right now?" It's because Juno is Juno. The movie is as unique as the girl and that message shines through.
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
This movie is very good! A story about a pregnant teenager is a touching one, and a very real one. The movie handles this in a really good way and is such a fun and emotional movie to watch.
AaronWasserman1Apr 11, 2016
I really enjoy this movie, it isn't like your typical comedy. It is far more intelligent than that, and is filled with great performances, especially Simmons, Garner, and Page.
juliankleissJan 7, 2011
Reminds us that there are alternatives to abortion. Also helps during one's search for identity by encouraging to just be oneself. Suggests not to chase a fancy lover, but be with the one who cares - the best friend. Fast paced, very likable,Reminds us that there are alternatives to abortion. Also helps during one's search for identity by encouraging to just be oneself. Suggests not to chase a fancy lover, but be with the one who cares - the best friend. Fast paced, very likable, and sometimes beautiful. Expand
jp992751Jan 26, 2011
For what it is...it passes. Not sure I agree with the subject matter or how it was handled by the characters , but Ellen Page came of as charming despite her offbeat personality and Michael Cera continues to slowly grow on me. It may not be aFor what it is...it passes. Not sure I agree with the subject matter or how it was handled by the characters , but Ellen Page came of as charming despite her offbeat personality and Michael Cera continues to slowly grow on me. It may not be a straight up comedy as some suggest but it does have its moments of laugh out loud dialogue and situations. Juno seems more fit for a selective audience but as an indie film I have to say that I rather enjoyed it. Expand
JaySupertrampFeb 6, 2012
Ellen Page in her best acting so far. This movie is brilliant from the first minute on. It is not so funny I expected ... it comes more like a dramedy though this is what makes this film even better! Brilliant acting and plot.
mm007Feb 16, 2017
[7/10]
Pros:
1.Medium runtime (about 1.5 HR) which is a good thing. 2.The movie is full of color. 3.Teens are gonna love this movie. 4.Cool dialogues!! Cons: 1.Can give wrong message to the school going teens. 2.Script was fair, but nothing
[7/10]
Pros:
1.Medium runtime (about 1.5 HR) which is a good thing.
2.The movie is full of color. 3.Teens are gonna love this movie.
4.Cool dialogues!!
Cons:
1.Can give wrong message to the school going teens.
2.Script was fair, but nothing extraordinary,bit predictable.
jAbMaNJan 31, 2011
Very funny PG-13 movie and Ellen Page plays the greatest role on the movie. Also, the soundtrack is amazing and all of the jokes on the movie are hilarious.
FitriAmirrolNov 19, 2010
Juno is outstandingly scripted, wonderfully acted, and despite narrating a rather slow-paced story, it touches on appropriately compelling notes with the right yet subtle amount of poignance, passion and power.
MyffubsJun 26, 2012
Juno is the sort of film that is hampered by aspects of its approach, yet surprisingly winning in its outcome. Ellen Page stars as the titular Juno MacGuff, who becomes pregnant after, well, having sex. She could be termed quirky and is a bitJuno is the sort of film that is hampered by aspects of its approach, yet surprisingly winning in its outcome. Ellen Page stars as the titular Juno MacGuff, who becomes pregnant after, well, having sex. She could be termed quirky and is a bit of a wiseass -- especially for someone who forgets basic biology -- but the performance makes her disarmingly likable. Juno of course decides to have the baby and to then give it up for adoption, and the film follows her through the remaining course of her pregnancy. Director Jason Reitman's previous Thank You for Smoking was justly praised, and here he has created an equally enjoyable experience. Diablo Cody's script is perhaps a little too self conscious -- would anyone ever use the phrase "honest to blog"? -- but she shows a knack for creating memorable characters with occasionally humorous dialogue. The proceedings are definitely aided by a talented cast. Michael Cera shines here with his unique meek charm as the, um, baby-daddy. J.K. Simmons and Allison Janney have excellent bit parts as Juno's father and stepmother. However the majority of the acting credit must go to both Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner as the potential adoptive parents, and who provide valid dramatic counterpoints to the otherwise sweet comedy in the foreground. Though the self-congratulatory wittiness may grate some and the twee-filled soundtrack may prove taxing to others -- plenty may fall into both categories -- Juno ends up coming together nicely on just about every level. Expand
Gamer147Oct 31, 2014
What an awesome movie. Smooth, delicious and fun was the story, yet not all that special. A seven, maybe an eight, if not for the wonderful cast, whom I happen to adore. Michael Cera and Ellen Page are by far (next to Brad Pitt) my favoriteWhat an awesome movie. Smooth, delicious and fun was the story, yet not all that special. A seven, maybe an eight, if not for the wonderful cast, whom I happen to adore. Michael Cera and Ellen Page are by far (next to Brad Pitt) my favorite actors, both so uniquely good at the roles they play (Ellen having a bit of a wider range, Michael portraying his character oh-so-awesomely, they both make an excellent team, one that I absolutely cherish!).
So fun, and real and raw at the same time at certain moments. More of Ellen Page. And Michael Cera. And Brad Pitt (but that's off the record).
timrichieOct 19, 2014
Only surpassed by No Country for Old Men, Juno is one of the best movies not only in 2007 but in the whole decade, due to a marvelous performance by Ellen page and masterful direction by Jason Reitman.
MovieBuff36Aug 28, 2012
Ellen Page shines as Juno MacGuff! She delivers a bright and shiny performance. I don't know if many audience members are aware of this, but Diablo Cody, who wrote the screenplay for this film was inspired by her life when she was 16 andEllen Page shines as Juno MacGuff! She delivers a bright and shiny performance. I don't know if many audience members are aware of this, but Diablo Cody, who wrote the screenplay for this film was inspired by her life when she was 16 and pregnant in which it shows exactly what can happen during pregnancy and how it can guiltily affect your boyfriend that got you pregnant from sexual intercourse. Juno MacGuff acts like she doesn't care if she's pregnant, but she was smart about it and she does act like she is facing the challenges of being pregnant and she still does care about her boyfriend, Paul Bleeker (Michael Cera). Paul Bleeker still cared about her also. He felt guilty about getting her pregnant, but they still love each other and Page and Cera play cool characters. But what's great is the coming-of-age-type of love story between the two where they have great and intelligent chemistry with each other. And where the film's soul comes from is from the strong character development between the two from start to finish and where she faces a lot of hard decisions about being pregnant around her family and friends and between giving it up for adoption or the other. And strangely enough, it was romantically funny between the two. It's directed like a sitcom, but Jason Reitman makes a wonderful image out of it; especially the hilarious and moving performances of Michael Cera and Ellen Page and the impressive dialogue. Juno MacGuff (Ellen Page) is obnoxious as hell, but Ellen Page was great at her emotions and her obnoxious, yet very smart and intelligently written script. And hey, thanks to Diablo Cody's writing that was inspired by her 16 and pregnant life, it was well done with Juno MacGuff's smartitude, because her smartitude is what made her smart about her pregnancy. Diablo Cody's writing is also what made the script intelligently clever, smart, and not funny but beyond that: Hilarious! To give the audience an experience of being pregnant during high school, it gets the job done with impressive writing from Diablo Cody that made it so smart and intelligent. The love story between Juno and Paul was well-inspired. Especially due to the fact they played great characters. If you hate this wonderful movie, I would feel bad for you because where is your soul? Let me remind you haters this is a very touching movie that gives you clues of what being 16 and pregnant is like since it shows exactly what can happen when a some is pregnant - even when she gave birth and the guilt her boyfriend faced. Besides, wasn't it emotionally intense when she gave birth? Because this film shows how pregnancy can be in every way effective. Besides, It is romantically funny between Juno and Paul, so don't underestimate their character development and chemistry either, because hating this movie would be just soulless. Besides, like I said, she is obnoxious as hell, but she is cool like that, she's bright, sweet, charmingly and cleverly funny, smart, and intelligent. You would be an idiot to underestimate Juno MacGuff's awesome personality. Also, DO NOT underestimate Diablo Cody's superb writing and/or the romantic development between Juno and Paul either! Even if you hate the film considering Juno to be annoying, you are still an idiot, because she is very cool like Ellen Page. One of the coolest things about her is hamburger phone: that was clever as hell! I honestly think Juno was flawed, but thanks to Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody, writing and acting inspired from life of someone (yes, Diablo Cody) who was pregnant at age 16 gives it a coherent soul to captives your heart into a wonderfully explanatory experience of teenage pregnancy - especially since it shows how teenage pregnancy can be both personally and emotionally effective - even on your friends and family - well done by it's sweet and charming qualities - and Ellen Page, who helped made it sweet and charming due to her character and performance. Thank her and the rest of the cast also! And you know what, how can you hate this? You would be a disgrace to hate it. This movie has soul and it would be the perfect movie to watch in Health class in High School to give students clues of teenage pregnancy. Hating this movie, would be soulless. Shame on ANYONE who hates Juno! And yes, I mean you also! You haters would just make me sick! Although you haters may find Juno annoying: She is actually very sweet and clever! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HER and/or Ellen Page. Especially Diablo Cody's writing. That would just make you haters inconsiderate with no soul. And haters, have you seen the show 16 and Pregnant on MTV? If so, that TV show ACTUALLY shows what I mentioned about teen pregnancy before and depicts it between Juno & Paul. I would also like to point out again that the screenplay of this film was inspired by Diablo Cody's life as a 16 year-old pregnant girl so think twice before you hate. Expand
fab792Dec 2, 2013
honestly in all its simplicity i like this movie ver much Maybe a little overarated but ellen page e michael cera in particolary have done a wonderful work credit to them .
Recommended for all
E_blissJun 9, 2015
Light-hearted comedy with a great performance from Ellen Page. Not too cliched and has a well written story-line. I think whether you are a teenager or an adult this film definitely appeals to all audiences.
TracyRJan 2, 2008
Fabulous movie. Smart, real and hysterical. Could not be better written and acted. Just terrific. One of the best movies I've seen all year....
SteveLJan 2, 2008
Wow, a lot of hate for this movie. Most of the complaints concern the hype for the film, so maybe I lucked out, having heard none. In any case, I thought Juno was one of the better movies I've seen in a while.
MattAJan 27, 2008
The film Juno featured sharp dialogue and interesting characters, which add up to be one of my favorite films of the year. The dialogue is hilarious and there is so much subtle humor that not many notice (those who only understand blunt The film Juno featured sharp dialogue and interesting characters, which add up to be one of my favorite films of the year. The dialogue is hilarious and there is so much subtle humor that not many notice (those who only understand blunt statements as jokes). Ellen Page played an amazing, and believeable character who adolessence doesn't mask her heart. This movie is very adult themed however, and i feel that ignorant teenagers may misinterpret the meaning of this film as a advocate for Pre-teen sex (but does anything ever stop them anyways?) Great Film. Made me laugh more than any film in the past few months. Expand
MarcD.Dec 6, 2007
Fantastic movie. The acting performaces are all top notch and incredibly "real." This is the biggest no-brainer of the holiday season.
AndersM.Dec 6, 2007
At their first meeting, the 16-year-old title character corrects the would-be adoptive father of her illegitimate child that her namesake is not the city in Alaska but rather the Roman Queen of the Gods and once you see this movie, At their first meeting, the 16-year-old title character corrects the would-be adoptive father of her illegitimate child that her namesake is not the city in Alaska but rather the Roman Queen of the Gods and once you see this movie, you'll likely realize that the name Juno could not be more appropriate, nay, perfect. Initially wearing something non-descript, the audience has to observe her mannerisms and hear her cant to begin to develop an understanding of who she is. And the screenwriter, Diablo Cody, director, Jason Reitman, and lead actress, Ellen Page, do an amazing job of showing this through her brusque, mannish, sarcastic, juvenile-idiom-laden speech, her resolute gait, and her brutally-honest and witty utterances. Juno, while--not coincidentally--being the goddess of motherhood, is also infamously the bitchiest of the gods. One must take into account, however, that she always had reason to be filled with hatred or jealousy; her husband was constantly philandering with mortals of both sexes. Juno, also representing monogamy in marriage, is justified in her rage and her firm expression of her feelings is respectable rather than hysterical (and by the way, the monogamy/infidelity issue plays a key role in the film). As I was watching a preview screening at the Lagoon theater on Nov. 28, it was difficult for me to rid myself of the notion that I wasn't watching the goddess Juno herself, except here mortal, adolescent, and Midwestern. In this film as in reality, the company that every character holds describes his or her personality in a more profound way than their characters in isolation and they become exponentially more complex as they interact. The adoptive couple, the Lorings, initially come off as two-dimensional, but as we discover that Mark (Jason Bateman)--instead of being the nesting, Bed-Bath-and-Beyond-type like his wife Vanessa (Jennifer Garner)--is rather is an aging, frustrated, sellout of an ex-hipster and one can take this to illustrate a whole history to their relationship. Juno springs from her lower-middle class, disciplining yet disaffected parents (J.K. Simmons and Allison Janney) as logically as the theory of gravity. And the fact that Juno, the self-described goth librarian, is best friends with Leah (Olivia Thirlby), an animated, cheerleader-type ginger who lusts after her English teacher describes both girls better than either one alone; the inter-clique connection happens when both people mutually see something unique beneath the surface. Paulie Bleeker (Michael Cera), Juno's baby-daddy, is the headbanded track star (maybe he's working off the baby fat he appears to still have) that occasionally reveals passions his meekness would otherwise belie. You see what they saw in each other, as in the movie's Moldy Peaches theme song "Anyone Else But You". I confess myself to be blown away at having learned that seemingly the most of the mother-loving soundtrack owes its brilliance to the actress who plays Juno, Ellen Page. Reitman asked her what she thought her character listened to and she said, "The Moldy Peaches," which isn't quite the 70's-era rock the character explicitly says she listens to, but lends its charmingly puerile tones and jaded/sentimental lyrics perfectly to the film's general milieu (especially with the solo music of band-member Kimya Dawson). The music immediately distinguishes the movie as one targeted at young people of the artistic temperament, but never self-consciously or crudely, eg. Garden State. The opening credits, animated by Shadowplay studios, which also did the one for "Thank You For Smoking", seemed somewhat incongruous to the rest of the film. The cartoon outline of Juno walking around the squiggly, pastel neighborhood drinking a gallon jug of "Sunny-D" suggests that the rest of the movie will be equally cartoonish and the main character a potentially-mentally-challenged outsider. Especially paired with the first scene where Rainn Wilson plays a 7-11 clerk that harasses Juno about the pregnancy tests she continues to buy and fail, the opening credits prepare you for a movie like Napoleonette Dynamite. Reitman, when asked about the similarities, said that unlike Napoleon Dynamite, Juno isn't set in an alternate universe, but rather firmly in reality. As the movie develops, he is proven correct because the characters quickly stop acting like quippy caricatures. That's not to say it isn't funny. In fact, it is much funnier than Dynamite. The frequency and intensity of the jokes is blistering. Don't zone out for a minute or else you'll miss jokes that are hidden in the background or muttered under someone's breath. Almost as quickly the mood will change from hilarious to heartbreaking and, although jarring, it's also pleasantly sobering. The story is as well-constructed and unpredictable as one could ever desire. In the end, there will be tears guaranteed for the saps among us and those willing to make themselves vulnerable to images and sounds. In the end, you will feel that the older characters will find a newer understanding of themselves and that the younger characters will discover their identities for the first time. You will be convinced that they will grow into the people you want to be friends with. In the end, you will feel the long-lost reverence for the miracle of motherhood that makes mother goddesses of any name smile. Read my blog at: violaceleste.blogspot.com Expand
RamJan 1, 2008
great film, witty dialogue, and most of all, one of the most lovable lead actors in a long , long time. hail Juno!
GeorgeR.Jan 17, 2008
This movie is funny, beautifully acted, and charming all at the same time. A great movie!
JimmyS.Dec 22, 2008
hollycJan 5, 2008
Solid movie overall--- I did think it was trying a little too hard with the dialog in the beginning, but soon that subsided and the film really grew on me by the end. Great performances by Ellen Page---and surprisingly Jennifer Garner. Solid movie overall--- I did think it was trying a little too hard with the dialog in the beginning, but soon that subsided and the film really grew on me by the end. Great performances by Ellen Page---and surprisingly Jennifer Garner. Michael Cera is always fun to watch, though I'm beginning to wonder if he's the same character in every movie/project. I can see how some people might get turned off immediately by the "quirky" fast paced (almost Gilmour Girls-like) dialog and just resent the rest of the film because of it. However, as soon as the pregnancy-story really starts to unfold (especially with the adopting couple) I was hooked and really enjoyed Juno to the very end. The story and direction was very good (not the best ever) and of course the soundtrack was pretty awesome. But really, bravo to Ellen Page--she really is a great find here. Expand
DMcGintyFeb 25, 2008
I like Diablo Cody and I was looking forward to this film, but I feel a little let down. Every part of the film seems choppy, from the acting to the writing to the soundtrack. However, that's also what makes the film charming--the film I like Diablo Cody and I was looking forward to this film, but I feel a little let down. Every part of the film seems choppy, from the acting to the writing to the soundtrack. However, that's also what makes the film charming--the film is as imperfect as the world that inspired it. Expand
RobertM.Feb 4, 2008
Ellen Page gives her most endearing though perhaps most underwhelming performance of her movie career in this indie dramedy turned national hit, yet thanks to her ability to make wise ass, title character, Juno, both witty and genuine, this Ellen Page gives her most endearing though perhaps most underwhelming performance of her movie career in this indie dramedy turned national hit, yet thanks to her ability to make wise ass, title character, Juno, both witty and genuine, this movie is just worth watching despite its many annoyances. Expand
TylerC.Feb 6, 2008
Great movie-only a few instances of unbelievable dialogue. I'm really happy this is getting the attention it deserves.
PhilMar 1, 2008
This was the type of film that kicks off to a nice start with original soundtrack and pop lingo(not to mension an appearance from Rainn Wilson), but as the story unravels and finally makes it's way to conclusions, you find yourselfThis was the type of film that kicks off to a nice start with original soundtrack and pop lingo(not to mension an appearance from Rainn Wilson), but as the story unravels and finally makes it's way to conclusions, you find yourself wondering just how much effort was put into the ending.
Besides that, I honestly thought this was a wholesome film
KaseyS.Mar 9, 2008
Solid film. Solid cast. Went too far at the end and a little cheesy. I think I had too high of expectations for this film.
OrchidXApr 9, 2008
In one word the whole thing was great. A lot of people may not understand the movie or even get the whole idea of it. It's not meant to be just as it may seem at first, it goes deeper, you just have to look for it. Also, it's not In one word the whole thing was great. A lot of people may not understand the movie or even get the whole idea of it. It's not meant to be just as it may seem at first, it goes deeper, you just have to look for it. Also, it's not like other movies that have a "commericial" plot that would be filled with overused phrases and mediocre scenes. It's definately worth watching. Expand
BrandyMay 1, 2008
If I could give this movie 1 million points I would!! I love love love this movie. A few parts are a bit awkward, like Bleeks mom and Jennifer Garner and her husbands interactions... But, I didn't let that allow me to miss the greatness If I could give this movie 1 million points I would!! I love love love this movie. A few parts are a bit awkward, like Bleeks mom and Jennifer Garner and her husbands interactions... But, I didn't let that allow me to miss the greatness in Ellen Page's performance! This movie will be my top movie from now on. I just wish that it came out sooner in my life so that it could hold the top spot for longer! Expand
NChunnAug 12, 2008
ah, the critics... what a waste of space they are... Peter Travers tells us (rolling stone) what a special kick it is to discover a new star.... !!!?? Huh ? Ellen Page you say?

You mean the star who agve an almost academy award-winning

You mean the star who agve an almost academy award-winning level performance years earlier in Hard Candy? An already cult, popular and highly-praised film....?

Wow Peter.... tell me this, are you not ashamed at the standard of your reviews?

I would be if I was saying the BS you did.

Don't get me started on the critic who gave No Country FOM a 50 and made it receive a lesser overall score than There Will Be Blood, which is inferior in almost every regard to NCFOM. Fact.
AmericanbeautyJun 13, 2009
my parents are just like that. If I told my dad I was going to burn the house down he'd point to where the matches were(not really but he's real chill. Movie is relatable to greatly. When she brakes down in the car and she my parents are just like that. If I told my dad I was going to burn the house down he'd point to where the matches were(not really but he's real chill. Movie is relatable to greatly. When she brakes down in the car and she can't even grip into the steering wheel is just like me. I can't grab something when I crash I'm so broken. And like her I hide things and I'm not openly emotional. Some lines are so great that I want to have an orgasm. This film really needs to be watched with subtitles. I've watched this movie an easy 10 times(so far) and everytime I found something new. Brilliant. Expand
NicholasP.Dec 13, 2007
This is the best film i have seen all year, better than Atonement even.
DanBDec 25, 2007
Wonderful movie. Great dialogue, well delivered. While Ellen Page was perfect, the entire cast did an excellent job. If I had a step-mom, I would want her to be just like Juno's!!
PeterK.Dec 30, 2007
This is a great true-to-life film about off-beat characters living in a "normal" world with a great deal of tongue-in-cheek sensitivity and love. It made my whole family laugh at its eccentric comedy and whole-hearted decency.
kevinaDec 7, 2007
Saw Juno last night a preview screening - it's got my (2nd annual) "Children of Men" award for my favorite time at a movie for the year. Realistic, witty dialogue, engaging characters, and fantastic music. I can't recommend any Saw Juno last night a preview screening - it's got my (2nd annual) "Children of Men" award for my favorite time at a movie for the year. Realistic, witty dialogue, engaging characters, and fantastic music. I can't recommend any more strongly. Expand
JHJan 1, 2008
An absolute joy to watch. Ellen Page and Michael Cera delivered.
MikeM.Jan 3, 2008
Really this movie is pretty mediocre. It's main fault is that there is no depth to the story, all the characters, relationships and plots are dealt with superficially, so you don't feel invested in the characters or the story Really this movie is pretty mediocre. It's main fault is that there is no depth to the story, all the characters, relationships and plots are dealt with superficially, so you don't feel invested in the characters or the story itself. The dialogue is is clever and jangles along well enough to keep you entertained and amused throughout, but at the end of the day it didn't really make me particularly care about the movie. On the other hand, this movie is far from horrible. The dialogue IS witty, and the acting is solid for the most part (especially the younger actors) so I have a hard time understanding why anyone out there would hate it. No the dialogue may not be "realistic", but this is a MOVIE, not a court deposition. If you are that hung up on realism and making sure a movie you better stick to documentaries, so shut up already. Guess what, this isn't exactly art house avant garde, so get over yourselves. Ironically, I'm sure half the people who hate this probably loved Napoleon Dynamite. Expand
DavidPJan 30, 2008
The haters are clearly intimidated at the very thought of Diablo Cody and/or the concept of the character Juno. This is a smart, delightful film that will appeal to reasonably intelligent moviegoers.
TheDudeJan 4, 2008
I loved this movie. I didn't know what to expect, but I ended up very happy I went. Actors are great. Characters are fantastic. Just a great, quirky, fun film.
BillyS.Jan 5, 2008
In a season of heavy, dark dramas and even heavy dark musicals, Juno is like a breath of fresh, crisp air full of laughter and happiness. Ellen Page proves Hard Candy was no fluke, she is perfectly endearing as Juno, the smart, wise In a season of heavy, dark dramas and even heavy dark musicals, Juno is like a breath of fresh, crisp air full of laughter and happiness. Ellen Page proves Hard Candy was no fluke, she is perfectly endearing as Juno, the smart, wise cracking, yet vunerable lead and all the supporting cast are just as good with enough screen time for each to establish their characters. Jason Reitman, after Thank You for Smoking, delivers a solid one-two punch and must now be considered a director to watch. Juno is a joy! Take a breather and go see it! Expand
DouglasSJan 5, 2008
The characters were believable, the plot was original and the music and acting were great, all around an amazing film.
JohnN.Jan 5, 2008
Best film of the year. I can see the backlash is already starting.
JoeE.Feb 11, 2008
Probably best not to watch this film if you have passionnate views on abortion as you'll be completely sidetracked by the relatively small part that the issue plays in Juno. That would be a shame, because the film is beautiful. The Probably best not to watch this film if you have passionnate views on abortion as you'll be completely sidetracked by the relatively small part that the issue plays in Juno. That would be a shame, because the film is beautiful. The characters are real, natural and honest, but most importantly for me they never descend into cliché or cheap parody. The dialogue is idiosyncratic but never incomprehensible and gives a wonderful sense that the characters are real people with their own in-jokes and phrases. The fact that sentimentality is never shovelled into your face makes the touching moments resonate in a way that few other films achieve. I think this is a film that will be hard to forget. And that's before I even mention the soundtrack! Brilliant. Expand
BMillerFeb 2, 2008
Some people don
LuisG.Feb 20, 2008
Juno essentially is the little film that did... but unlike other small films its stays small... page is precise as a preg-teen and garner was snubbed from an oscar nomination... i felt a little taken by the film its quirks were both Juno essentially is the little film that did... but unlike other small films its stays small... page is precise as a preg-teen and garner was snubbed from an oscar nomination... i felt a little taken by the film its quirks were both manipulative and were overshadowed by knocked up a film that was far more crude and commericial but the better picture... dont get me wrong its a good film just not the great film its made out to be.. kudos though !!! Expand
RobbyFeb 23, 2008
Well written, well acted, well directed. Better than the usual Hollywood fare easily. What is never explained thou is the 1970-era short short running shorts uniform, which is just played for a "running" joke in the film. Sometimes the film Well written, well acted, well directed. Better than the usual Hollywood fare easily. What is never explained thou is the 1970-era short short running shorts uniform, which is just played for a "running" joke in the film. Sometimes the film is in a timewarp, the girl is a cool 2000s girl in a dorky 70s world, listening to cool 70s music... Expand
DavidCFeb 7, 2008
This isn't a film about birth, Matt Ties above, jeez - you want to watch an educational film about birth as that is what you seem to compare the film to. It a witty, warm film that at first you think, Juno is drawn to be too clever and This isn't a film about birth, Matt Ties above, jeez - you want to watch an educational film about birth as that is what you seem to compare the film to. It a witty, warm film that at first you think, Juno is drawn to be too clever and wry to be a natural character, with her sharp dialogue and wry humour. But see it thorough and all the characters provide a warmth & vulnerability that is presented in a natural fasion, that by the end warms the heart and leaves a non-cloying sentiment that resonates and, at least for me, left me with a smile. Really recommend. Expand
CoolBoiMar 5, 2008
Even if i only saw 1/2 of the movie...I saw enough to know that is was great.The acting was phonomenal (my favorite performences were by Ellen Page and Jennifer Gardner).The dialogue was fresh...Why do people say that the dialogue is so Even if i only saw 1/2 of the movie...I saw enough to know that is was great.The acting was phonomenal (my favorite performences were by Ellen Page and Jennifer Gardner).The dialogue was fresh...Why do people say that the dialogue is so bad?I loved it as much as I did the whole film Expand
MarandaD.Mar 9, 2008
this was an amazing movie i laughed and cried and i just thought it was amazing the whole way through.
JayH.Apr 10, 2008
I loved everything about this film, especially the performances by Ellen Page and Allison Janney, but everyone is outstanding. The score is wonderful and original, the direction is excellent as is the writing. It is touching, funny and I loved everything about this film, especially the performances by Ellen Page and Allison Janney, but everyone is outstanding. The score is wonderful and original, the direction is excellent as is the writing. It is touching, funny and always moving. A great and intelligent film. Expand
NileP.Apr 19, 2008
Fresh, comic genius while remaining fully believable, original fun and not at all dragging. THUNDERCATS ARE GO!
JenniferApr 22, 2008
Great movie!! I really think there are some people, the ones on this site going off on how bad this movie was, are going into a movie with all these expectations and then when the movie doesn't turn out the way they felt it should the Great movie!! I really think there are some people, the ones on this site going off on how bad this movie was, are going into a movie with all these expectations and then when the movie doesn't turn out the way they felt it should the kill it in a review. I felt it was a great movie. There are some parts in there that I feel would not be true to form in real life but an the end of the day this is not a documentary film. Juno comes off in the beginning of the movie as this overly mature teengager, the best friend/boyfriend not so much, but in the end was not as grown up as even she would like to think. Which she even points out herself telling her step mom she was out dealing with things beyond her maturity level. Do let the negative reviews keep you away from this one. Expand
MichelleApr 26, 2008
I don't know what movie some of you were watching but my boyfriend and I loved this movie as did all of my friends who have seen it. It has actual humor instead of the slap stick, punch people in the nuts "comedy" of so many movies out I don't know what movie some of you were watching but my boyfriend and I loved this movie as did all of my friends who have seen it. It has actual humor instead of the slap stick, punch people in the nuts "comedy" of so many movies out there. I am tired of the "stupid funny" movies that make me feel like I have lost brain cells while watching them so this was a nice change...it's whitty comments and sarcasm and off the wall one liners where enough to keep us laughing and quoting them in our own coversation. It had a good storyline which was an extra bonus as some comedies do not. It's my new favorite movie! Expand
RyanM.Apr 27, 2008
nothing to spend endless time wrapping your head around here. but simple, adorable, and entertaining. for a light-hearted movie WITH a girlfriend, Juno is effective and warms the heart on occasion...
JoyceC.Apr 27, 2008
Jason Reitman's Juno written by Diablo Cody, is a deeply refreshing teenage comedy flick, with its sassy kick, you'll remember Juno as a funny and breathtaking performance by Ellen Page. It's a genuine classic.
RichardP.May 24, 2008
This movie was perfect. The writing and acting were absolutely fabulous, and it was a joy to watch.
PeterJ.May 27, 2008
I renting this movie more so for my wife than I, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised and laughed throughout the movie. The Bleeker character was awesome. And Jason Bateman was perfect for his role.
JonasH.May 4, 2008
This film is great. I have no idea how to academically categorize this movement within film-making that is suddenly appearing in titles like this, Superbad and Rocket Science, but something about its increased (but not complete) social and This film is great. I have no idea how to academically categorize this movement within film-making that is suddenly appearing in titles like this, Superbad and Rocket Science, but something about its increased (but not complete) social and psychological realism makes me love it. Expand
FayHMay 5, 2008
GREAT! Funny! Juno McGuff is al all-american sarcastic teenager! Bleeker is an all-american geek (who is cute!)! Jennifer Garner was perfect for the role of Venessa. I can watch it over and over again!!! *Claps for JUNO!!!*
JackRJun 13, 2009
I started watching this movie on my iPod as I was sitting on the toilet. I was releasing. One hour and thirty-six minutes later I was still on the toilet way passed being done. That was the longest time I've ever spent being on a I started watching this movie on my iPod as I was sitting on the toilet. I was releasing. One hour and thirty-six minutes later I was still on the toilet way passed being done. That was the longest time I've ever spent being on a toilet. I enjoyed every moment. I'm now immune to bad smells. Expand
dariana.Jun 13, 2009
I can't believe they mentioned dario argento. I'm 14 years old and everytime I mention him to someone their clueless maybe because he's foreign. I love "suspiria", "the bird with the crystal plummage", "opera", "demons", I can't believe they mentioned dario argento. I'm 14 years old and everytime I mention him to someone their clueless maybe because he's foreign. I love "suspiria", "the bird with the crystal plummage", "opera", "demons", "creepers", "unsane" and I can't wait for the new suspiria. I was so impressed to see Juno know dario argento. He's legendary. Some Teens love old stuff and finally a main character represents that, about time. Very refreshing. Im ecstatic theres a main character repesenting all sorts of different point of views. Totally bitchin. great movie. Expand
Sarahl.Jun 13, 2009
Love this movie. I am a single mother that is passionate about this movie. Very great a. Single parent can be just as good or better than parents. Good job Juno, I love you.
gilmorechiliJun 14, 2009
Watching movie was the best time had all year long in a movie theater. I luaghed a little bit, felt good the entire time, felt new because I felt influenced by a movie so original and fresh. Can't wait till this movie hits tv so more Watching movie was the best time had all year long in a movie theater. I luaghed a little bit, felt good the entire time, felt new because I felt influenced by a movie so original and fresh. Can't wait till this movie hits tv so more people that didnt care will give a chance since it would be more convenient to see. I'm still extremely happy from the experience. Expand
mikeDec 15, 2007
Sweet, tender and comedic. A gem.
MarkM.Dec 16, 2007
This movie has to be the funnest moive i have seen in 2007, i love the cast and how they work together!! i would tell any one to come and see it. I didnt like 40 year virgen or super bad, but i loved this movie -Go see it!
JamieS.Dec 23, 2007
Very decent flick... tons of witty humor that doesn't seem contrived. It's not a chick or dude flick, it's just a very plausible story full of funny moments. Yes, it's for older people so reviewers giving it low scores Very decent flick... tons of witty humor that doesn't seem contrived. It's not a chick or dude flick, it's just a very plausible story full of funny moments. Yes, it's for older people so reviewers giving it low scores are still immature in their movie critic skills, thus can't yet understand the humor. 2 points off for the ending which I felt was weak on several levels. But overall, we've just seen a star being born in Ellen Page, she played the part perfectly and will be nominated for best actress (but not win / too young) Go see it, ignore the low scores, they are all from teens with unresolved angst. Expand
ChadS.Dec 25, 2007
Indie-dom needs more movies like "Juno", a sort of antidote to the similarly themed "Stephanie Daley". Juno(Ellen Page) is grace under pressure personified; she's unflappable rather than angst-ridden. Juno is a nice, decent girl who Indie-dom needs more movies like "Juno", a sort of antidote to the similarly themed "Stephanie Daley". Juno(Ellen Page) is grace under pressure personified; she's unflappable rather than angst-ridden. Juno is a nice, decent girl who just happens to be pregnant. Some might quibble that her dialogue is over-written, but you could argue that her sublime delivery of words is just a defense mechanism against alienation and depression. Some people really are this smart. Paulie(Michael Cera), her boyfriend and a real stand-up guy, would've made a good father; a much better father than Mark(Jason Bateman), the prospective adoptive parent who's twice Paulie's age. "Juno" is slyly subversive in its suggestion that a teen would make a better parent than some guy in a suit and tie. "Juno" might not be an entirely realistic film, but it may only seem that way because adoption might not be an avenue most teen girls ever consider. Expand
JennyODec 25, 2007
Juno was funny where it needed to be and uncomfortable where it needed to be. To those who find it unrelateable, you are in the minority. This movie wonderfully handles the mid-Western suburban teen family life and condition. The acting was Juno was funny where it needed to be and uncomfortable where it needed to be. To those who find it unrelateable, you are in the minority. This movie wonderfully handles the mid-Western suburban teen family life and condition. The acting was excellent by all parties (even Jennifer Garner, from whom I did not expect anything) and I can't wait to see it again. Expand
louisB.Dec 29, 2007
A quirky,well acted and surprisingly poignant film.ellen Page has a bright future and so does Michael Cera.J.k Simmons and Allison Janney gave their usual fine performances.Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner were perfect as the adopting A quirky,well acted and surprisingly poignant film.ellen Page has a bright future and so does Michael Cera.J.k Simmons and Allison Janney gave their usual fine performances.Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner were perfect as the adopting parents.I agree with most of the critics;Juno is well worth the time. Expand
JoshS.Dec 5, 2007
Superbly acted with rapid-fire dialogue that is both witty and endearing. Juno breaks from the cliched high school comedies that focus on cliques and naivete. It is sweet without being unbelievable and funny without being crude. Probably the Superbly acted with rapid-fire dialogue that is both witty and endearing. Juno breaks from the cliched high school comedies that focus on cliques and naivete. It is sweet without being unbelievable and funny without being crude. Probably the best comedy of the year, possibly the best film of the year. Expand
JohnZDec 5, 2007
So funny. omg. what a great movie.
JasonDec 5, 2007
I saw Juno at the St. Louis International Film Festival in the middle of November. This film was one of the funniest films of the year. It was also one of the most original films of the year. Juno uses the wit of the actors along with great I saw Juno at the St. Louis International Film Festival in the middle of November. This film was one of the funniest films of the year. It was also one of the most original films of the year. Juno uses the wit of the actors along with great writing and music to move the story. Unlike other comedies that rely on crude humor to make you laugh. Expand
StephenNDec 6, 2007
Jonah T. doesn't know music. Cat Power and Belle and Sebastian and fantastic bands. Overall an amazing soundtrack - and movie.
EheadDec 7, 2007
All the grumps and naysayers on here are of course right... the dialog is far too sharp, witty, and sarcastic to have any pretensions of realism. And yes, the movie flirts with being precious at times (in a decidedly irreverent way) . When a All the grumps and naysayers on here are of course right... the dialog is far too sharp, witty, and sarcastic to have any pretensions of realism. And yes, the movie flirts with being precious at times (in a decidedly irreverent way) . When a movie is this funny though, who cares? Sometimes you have to just stop with the mental masturbation and let yourself enjoy a movie. If you're a Belle and Sebastian fan, you'll love this film. Expand
ArnoldP.Dec 8, 2007
Flawed, pretentious, funny, touching, it delivers solid entertainment. The hip heroine is palyed to the hilt by Ellen Page, her beaua a finely crafted performance, the cast is overall superb. It warmed me up on a cold night.
C.B.Dec 9, 2007
This is a great movie. Amazing performances by Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Allison Janney, J.K. Simmons & Jennifer Garner. I'm surprised to see some of the hate in the User Comments. Can you bitter schmucks actually gave this movie a 2? This is a great movie. Amazing performances by Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Allison Janney, J.K. Simmons & Jennifer Garner. I'm surprised to see some of the hate in the User Comments. Can you bitter schmucks actually gave this movie a 2? I'd love to see what Michael B., Sara E. & Aaron S. think is an 8. Or a 5. Those are three metacritic readers that rate good movies lower to get their twisted kicks... Expand
2 of 2 users found this helpful
JoshFJan 15, 2008
Amazing. Easily one of the best films I've seen in theaters all year. Loved the acting, directing, and especially the screenplay.
TeddyP.Jan 15, 2008
this is touching, smart and everything a movie of this kind should be and even more. not to mention that Ellen Page's performance was near perfect. by now it is my favorite movie of this year, it is just ... it has heart, which a lot of this is touching, smart and everything a movie of this kind should be and even more. not to mention that Ellen Page's performance was near perfect. by now it is my favorite movie of this year, it is just ... it has heart, which a lot of nowadays movies lack of. Expand
JohnGJan 16, 2008
This movie was surprisingly good. The diaglog was a bit over the top at times (think "Gilmore Girls"), but the plot was decent, including some twists and turns that I didn't expect.
CussR.Jan 18, 2008
Get it while it's ripe. This is the rare movie you'll be happy to see before everyone else. It will, indeed, prove worthy of its hype. Unfortunately, most viewers will be tainted by that very ballyhoo before Juno has the chance to Get it while it's ripe. This is the rare movie you'll be happy to see before everyone else. It will, indeed, prove worthy of its hype. Unfortunately, most viewers will be tainted by that very ballyhoo before Juno has the chance to truly soften & surprise them. For the lucky ones, though, the bun in this oven has been baked to perfection. Expand
LukeA.Jan 19, 2008
A non-sterotypical movie, with realistic and appealing characters.
DonnaL.Jan 20, 2008
I loved this movie very much. I hope this movie will help the youth understand that there are more options then throwing you child in a trash can.
CharethC.Jan 20, 2008
A beautiful, unashamedly honest film that is extremely well scripted and acted by all involved. It was refreshing that nobody was painted as a bad guy, or a good guy or any other strung out cliche. It just said here, these are some things A beautiful, unashamedly honest film that is extremely well scripted and acted by all involved. It was refreshing that nobody was painted as a bad guy, or a good guy or any other strung out cliche. It just said here, these are some things that happened and here's how the people involved dealt with it. In the words of Shakin' Stevens, lovely stuff. Expand