Jurassic Park

8.8

1. Allison
    Aug 12, 2005
    Simply wonderful. Mr. Spielberg made me believe that dinosaurs still walked the Earth. This is a must see film with chills and thrills galore.
  2. Sam
    Sep 10, 2004
    Pat c., first off it was BOOK before a movie so don't yell at spielberg for the awesome plot, and second, this is one of the best movies ever.
  3. JeremyH.
    Oct 20, 2007
    A LEGENDARY movie, shame about the sequels. That's all that needs to be said really. It may not seem original, but wholly, it clearly is.
  4. JoyceC.
    Oct 6, 2007
    It makes sense, and I am on Ian Malcolm's side of opinion of the island creation. i am astonished by how amazing the movie was.
  5. ZeeM.
    May 19, 2007
    Amazing Movie!! It's great how they made the Dino's, extremely realistic. Incredibly thrilling!
  6. JohnnyS
    Apr 14, 2008
    A pure masterpiece! This is one of the greatest movies of all time. It may not have absolutely fantastic actors but the graphic effects and sound department definitely make up for it's loss! Nothing like this had ever been made at the time, which makes it even more special, it still amazes me today.
  7. ByronJ.
    Apr 17, 2008
    The Best Film of the 90's
  8. YoonMinC.
    Sep 25, 2003
    One of the grandest entertainments ever. If Spielberg's prior(and more personal)blockbuster films suffered from an overly zealous sentimentality(ET) or quasi-religious pretensions(Close Encounters), Jurassic Park, directed by a maturer artist, found the perfect balance between themepark thrills and somber reflection. It was and still is a rare thing, a movie that not only uses One of the grandest entertainments ever. If Spielberg's prior(and more personal)blockbuster films suffered from an overly zealous sentimentality(ET) or quasi-religious pretensions(Close Encounters), Jurassic Park, directed by a maturer artist, found the perfect balance between themepark thrills and somber reflection. It was and still is a rare thing, a movie that not only uses special effects for thrills but to dazzle and awe. In this regard, it's comparable to 2001 which, almost alone among space movies, conveyed a sense of immensity of the cosmos instead of turning it into a football field for spaceships. Jurassic Park was, of course, a summer blockbuster and brimming over with rollercoaster visuals but it's undeniably much more. It creates a world beyond our imagination, dazzles our senses as much as it chills our spines. Oddly enough, Spielberg also directed Schindler's List in the same year, with JP being about man trying to revive an extinct species and SL being about man trying to drive a race toward extinction; both within the confines of a secluded, laboratory like setting. While it may seem perverse to compare a summer blockbuster with a truly harrowing Holocaust movie, it would be foolish to deny JP grapples with some of the grandest of issues, what with the recent advancements in genetic technology; namely, that the world is bigger than science or ideology, and it would be a case of hubris to think otherwise. Expand
  9. GordoA.
    Mar 21, 2004
    This is just an excellent movie. Thats all I have to say.
  10. MarshallM.
    Nov 25, 2005
    Its an amazing science fiction film. one of speilbers most spellbinding works.
  11. RogerV.
    Jul 14, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful as the dinosaurs came to life. Fantastic job by all.
  12. patrick
    Jul 23, 2005
    An excellent movie. The CGI combines with the well-planned action is thrilling and exciting!
  13. BenC.
    Mar 28, 2006
    One of the best movies of all time!
  14. JCAndrew
    Oct 6, 2007
    Wow, I can watch this over an over again when I feel like to, this movie is a fad. and a very good one.
  15. BobY.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Classic. one of the most thrilling movies of all time. i don't see how u can't enjoy this.
  16. GustavoH.R.
    Dec 31, 2003
    The best popcorn film of the nineties. It is thrilling, presenting exhilarating action scenes. Spielberg is a visionary: Jurassic Park is pure movie magic. It is no surprise, though, that movie critics don't take it seriously. Movies like these are not made for them.
  17. RonC.
    Nov 18, 2007
    This is truely my favorite movie of all time.
  18. JoshL.
    Dec 16, 2007
    A modern classic.
  19. Aug 21, 2010
    I used to watch this at the age of 3. Since then it has been my favourite movie always keeping me entertained. One of the best movies of all time in my own opinion. Definately one of Spielberg's best.
  20. May 26, 2011
    One of the best movies ever made, and a movie that has a special place in my heart. Honestly, I believe this movie should've won best picture at the Oscars, not Schindler's List.
  21. Oct 20, 2010
    Dinosaurs are the coolest prehestoric animals in the whole world. thats why Steven Spielberg decided to make a science fiction movie about Dinosaurs and it kicked a**!
  22. Nov 27, 2010
    This movie is awesome. I first saw Jurassic Park as a little kid and loved it. I've probably seen it fifty times. I just finished watching it again on television and it is just as good as I remembered. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite films
  23. Dec 27, 2010
    A definite thrill ride and an experience of a lifetime. This movie might not have gotten all of the praise that Jaws got but it was this movie, alongside with the original Star Wars movies, that really created a whole new world for CGI characters and helped define the skill that a movie crew can possess. My favorite movie of all time and the one movie that will never get old.
  24. Sep 10, 2012
    The games provides you with an amazing universe, if you love Jurassic Park you totally gonna enjoy the game. But certain parts like the technical problems and the fruststing quick time events may prevent you sometimes from having fun. However for that price its totally worth your effort in going out to buy this. Do it.
  25. j30
    Nov 27, 2011
    This movie inspired and awed me as a child. It's what dreams are made of. The incredible special effects and puppetry still hold up today. Great movie in my eyes.
  26. Jul 31, 2011
    this is a boss like movie cuz it diosours and panads!
  27. Nov 5, 2011
    A simply great movie, delivers all the thrills, laughs, and all in 2 hours. It gave CGI to the world, along with an unforgettable movie of Isle Nublar's tragedy. This is a must-have for anyone who is a fan of thrillers.
  28. Apr 11, 2013
    Utterly beautiful, awe-inspiring, flawless and ground-breaking film that will forever be one of my childhood favourite films, and it still is one of my favourite films. Amazing.
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    One of the greatest movies of all time - Spielberg is a genuis. I love everything about this movie, location, acting, characters, dinosaurs - such a stunning movie.
  30. Dec 21, 2011
    I love this movie, one the greatest movies of all time, and a great adventure. It will never gets old. Steven Spielberg gives you a realistic picture of dinosours. It has very good music too. See it.
  31. Jan 22, 2012
    I first saw this back when I was little. If I remember correctly, it was also a big thing when it came out...I am always going to love this movie...It was one of the amazing film ever made in Hollywood by the great director Steven Spielberg who is the only director who thinks in a different way..Many who dislike Jurassic Park just all have same reason finding out little faults but anyoneI first saw this back when I was little. If I remember correctly, it was also a big thing when it came out...I am always going to love this movie...It was one of the amazing film ever made in Hollywood by the great director Steven Spielberg who is the only director who thinks in a different way..Many who dislike Jurassic Park just all have same reason finding out little faults but anyone didn't show where the fault is properly..and also love the background music..it was truly Awesome...
    Jurassic Park â
  32. Feb 21, 2012
    As a wide-eyed 13 yr old boy gripping the theater armrests with white knuckles, I remember this film rewiring my brain as I watched it. I walked out a changed person, never to view movies the same way again. The good ones... the truly special ones... aren't just something to watch. They transport you to another world. They take you away and cleanse you of the drudgery of reality. TheyAs a wide-eyed 13 yr old boy gripping the theater armrests with white knuckles, I remember this film rewiring my brain as I watched it. I walked out a changed person, never to view movies the same way again. The good ones... the truly special ones... aren't just something to watch. They transport you to another world. They take you away and cleanse you of the drudgery of reality. They nestle into your memory and never leave. Jurassic Park was the first film to affect me in this way and I'll never forget that feeling. Much obliged, Mr. Spielberg! Expand
  33. Sep 2, 2012
    A classic in itself. No movie made of dinosaurs has been more mesmerizing and dazzling. The score is sensational. It is one of those movies that transcends not only its genre but for all movies.
  34. Jul 13, 2012
    This is one of my favorite films of all time. It knows how to be scary, funny and fascinating, sometimes all in the same scene. The dinosaurs also look great, especially for the time period that it was made in.
  35. Oct 3, 2012
    Classic movie. It's the undisputed all-time best Dinosaur movie to come out, and likely to be the best one to ever come out. It has an exciting plot, great performances, and action to support it. The effects were amazing; ahead of its time. The Dinosaurs looked incredibly, and terrifyingly realistic.
  36. Feb 22, 2016
    A truly, brilliant piece of film. 'Jurassic Park' not only pioneers in breathtaking, revolutionary practical and special effects, but it's characters and fantastic story present something much more than a 'monster' movie. It's these reasons alone which cement it as my absolute favourite movie and one of the greatest movies of all time.
  37. Jan 20, 2013
    Classic. The movie of my childhood. As then, now produces incredible impression. Now I'll know what to do, if I meet a tyrannosaur. Thanks to Dr. Grant :D
  38. Jun 15, 2015
    The one that started it all, an adventure 65 million years in the making. This movie inspired a generation to respect the art of cinema illusion, if it's not meant to be there, who cares? The acting in this film is on point, the dialogue is beautiful and the action is brilliant. Every single second of this movie was intense, nothing is wasted. One of the best movies of all time, period.
  39. Jun 18, 2013
    most inspirational and exciting movie in my childhood.One of the most iconic movies of all time.A flawless masterpiece of a very rare kind.The real life looking dinosaurs are the greatest triumph for Spielberg in his long impressive filming career.One of the most memorable movies of all time.
  40. Apr 21, 2013
    Very exciting and mostly advanced film. When I saw it in 3D, I thought the 3D made the movie even better. The chase scenes are really exciting, and you get a sense of thrill when you watch it. If you don't see it, you have never seen real movies.
  41. May 29, 2013
    Jurassic Park is groundbreaking, engrossing, imaginative, and just amazing. I would watch it over and over again if I had the chance. There are 214 reviews of this movie, and 199 of them are positive, and if you watch the film, you'll see why. If you were ever interested in dinosaurs when you were little, you'll love this film, its like a dream come true for you. But for me, I never likedJurassic Park is groundbreaking, engrossing, imaginative, and just amazing. I would watch it over and over again if I had the chance. There are 214 reviews of this movie, and 199 of them are positive, and if you watch the film, you'll see why. If you were ever interested in dinosaurs when you were little, you'll love this film, its like a dream come true for you. But for me, I never liked dinosaurs but I loved "Jurassic Park." Its a classic! Expand
  42. Jun 30, 2013
    One of Steven Spielberg's finest. I adore this movie and I love watching it again and again. Sam Neill will always be known as Alan Grant for the rest of his life. It is extremely remarkable how CGI from 20 years ago can still hold up today and is better than most special effects used in films today. Throughout, I felt like I was on Isla Nublar, being hunted down by a group of geneticallyOne of Steven Spielberg's finest. I adore this movie and I love watching it again and again. Sam Neill will always be known as Alan Grant for the rest of his life. It is extremely remarkable how CGI from 20 years ago can still hold up today and is better than most special effects used in films today. Throughout, I felt like I was on Isla Nublar, being hunted down by a group of genetically created monsters. And the soundtrack just gives me goosebumps. An all-time great and a must-watch! Expand
  43. Nov 24, 2014
    To this day, still remains one of my favourite movies of all time. That's saying something considering I usually regard movies poorly. It has everything and more, with the inclusions of dinosaurs. How in all honesty can one beat that? This was epic on the grandest of scales when it launched in 1993, and still amazes me to this day. Storyline is beautiful, all roles are excellentlyTo this day, still remains one of my favourite movies of all time. That's saying something considering I usually regard movies poorly. It has everything and more, with the inclusions of dinosaurs. How in all honesty can one beat that? This was epic on the grandest of scales when it launched in 1993, and still amazes me to this day. Storyline is beautiful, all roles are excellently portrayed and for it's time, a true marvel that should still be respected today. 10/10 Expand
  44. Jul 18, 2013
    Jurassic Park packs in thrill, suspense, amazing visuals, great music and sensational acting all under the direct assurance of Steven Spielberg. This film triumphs in every major category. It is one of the greatest films of all time. A sensational classical monument of film history. Spielberg triumphs again!
  45. May 25, 2014
    Alright i'm sure almost everyone has seen this movie by now and if not GET TO IT!

I Love this movie such an awesome film, Everyone at one point loved dinosaurs in their lives and don't lie to yourself if you didn't =D. Yeah i was like 2 when this movie came out back in 1993 so when i heard about the 3D Re-Release i wasn't so mad as i have been with some of the other 3D Re-Releases that have come out the past couple years the film looks great in the post 3D conversion.

Richard Attenborough Plays a multi millionaire named John Hammond that is about to open a theme park with cloned dinosaurs. They basically do a test run with a small group of people to see how the park operates. Soon the fun ends as the dinosaurs break free of their caged areas and the cast is left fighting to survive. Once things start to get going in the movie turns from a peaceful joyful ride to a thrilling heart pounding ride with loads of awesome scenes with a T-Rex, Triceratops, Velociraptors, etc it was just a blast going through the film on the big screen definitely worth that money

And what can i say i just love Jeff Goldblum he is such a ladies man in this film even though he is a mathematician who specializes in chaos theory the guy even survives an attack by a T-Rex i think that qualify's him as PURE BADASS

Overall i give this movie a 8.5 Such a Classic that i can never get tired of watching
  46. Jun 6, 2015
    Director Steven Spielberg and Michael Crichton and David Koepp adapted Crichton’s best-selling novel in 1990 onto the big screen. The film is about paleontologists Alan Grant (Sam Neil) Ellie Sattler (Laura Darn) are requested by the founder of Jurassic Park to come here to make sure that the park is safe, Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) joins along with them. Once they find out that theDirector Steven Spielberg and Michael Crichton and David Koepp adapted Crichton’s best-selling novel in 1990 onto the big screen. The film is about paleontologists Alan Grant (Sam Neil) Ellie Sattler (Laura Darn) are requested by the founder of Jurassic Park to come here to make sure that the park is safe, Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) joins along with them. Once they find out that the founder John Hammond (David Attenborough) has created these dinosaurs their amazed but they have their doubts, Hammond’s grandchildren come visit him for the tour; one of the workers from the computer systems, stole the embryo’s to sell to a secret buyer; the park is shut down the security systems are off and the dinosaurs are lose, their all at risk. The film’s special effects (who were made by geniuses!) are realistic yes we know the effects are fake but the film makes it look realistic it’s believe able. The music is equally important John William’s tone of music for the film is the feeling that fans have when watching the film; the musical tone is exciting and thrilling. Sam Neil is so good in this movie his character was well written and interesting, Laura Dern’s character was terrific as this scientist, Jeff Goldblum was funny time to time. Visionary director Steven Spielberg’s direction was filled with epic shots filled with realistic special effects and jaw dropping moments. The film is not trying to be an A movie it’s trying to entertain the explorers (who are the movie goers). Grade A+ Expand
  47. Mar 15, 2014
    This is one of my all time favorite movies I'm putting it that way this movie is an experience I grew up watching this movie and I never really appreciated it for what it was now I watch and am astounded at how great it is I watch this on surround sound and am just amazed at how immersive it is I love this movie and if you haven't seen it you will to.
  48. Jul 19, 2014
    Um otimo filme, toda o que um bom filme tem que ter, efeitos especias lindos(para a epoca), um dos melhores filmes que ja vi na vida. Steven Spirberg sabe fazer bons filmes, a ambientacão e espetacular, os atores, a dublagem e tudo lindo, o enredo e incrivel, enfim esse filme e prefeito do 10
  49. Jun 12, 2015
    The masterpiece Jurassic Park is a terrifying yet entertaining venture into the world of dinosaurs without ignoring the complexities of its characters and creatures alike.
  50. Oct 4, 2014
    It's one of the best movies of the history, without this movie, we wouldn't seen movies like avatar, the avengers, this movie was the mom of all those movies.
    It's a movie that have an awesome story, special effects, never seen before to that moment, if you like dinosaur your gonna love this movie.
    With this movie, Steven Spielberg, make the dinosaurs, ruled the earth again.
  51. Oct 21, 2014
    My job drop when I first saw this movie in 1993, at the tender age of 4. In 2014, at the edge of 25 my jaw continues to drop every time I pop this masterpiece into my blu ray player. If anything, the years have helped this masterpiece remind us what a truly excellent blockbuster movie is about!
  52. Oct 12, 2014
    Jurassic Park is still one of the best disasters films ever made. The effects are so amazing it really is hard to believe this came in 1993. Oh and Jeff Goldblum is in it so it must be a good movie.
  53. Oct 16, 2014
    Jurassic Park transports you to a whole new world with groundbreaking special effects that still hold up today, i watched this movie when i was young and loved it and still love it, the characters are interesting and funny, especially Jeff Goldblum which people go too hard nowadays, the heart of the movie comes from Richard Attenborough's performance, the action is great but never goes onJurassic Park transports you to a whole new world with groundbreaking special effects that still hold up today, i watched this movie when i was young and loved it and still love it, the characters are interesting and funny, especially Jeff Goldblum which people go too hard nowadays, the heart of the movie comes from Richard Attenborough's performance, the action is great but never goes on for too long, Jurassic Park is a great movie for all ages that stands as one of the greatest movies ever made, i'll definitively give this a 10. Expand
  54. Oct 17, 2014
    Featuring incredible special effects and action-packed drama, Jurassic Park takes you to a remote island where an amazing theme park with living dinosaurs is about to turn deadly, as five people must battle to survive among the prehistoric predators.
  55. Dec 30, 2014
    Jurassic Park is movie based off the novel and is about archaelogists getting a chance to see real life dinosaurs. It has revolutionary CGI especially for the time, awesome scenes, and suspense. 10/10 (Legendary)
  56. Dec 19, 2014
    This movie revolutionized my childhood.
    Probably the first movie I have ever watched, "Jurassic Park" still has the magic that I felt when I was a kid.
    AFI did well classifying this movie as one of the best thrillers ever made in america cinema. Director Steven Spielberg carefully worked with the emotions of the characters, making it a non-dolt thriller, as, unfortunately, most of them
    This movie revolutionized my childhood.
    Director Steven Spielberg carefully worked with the emotions of the characters, making it a non-dolt thriller, as, unfortunately, most of them are made this way today.
    It has the quantity of visual effects that was supposed to have, it has a saturated story, no kinds of exaggeration, in no way possible.
    "Jurassic Park" is, and forever will be, a reference to the future of cinema.
  57. Apr 6, 2015
    one of my favorite films of all time. I think this movie is amazing the dinosaurs look real if they where there and this in my opinion is the best Steven Spielberg of all time.
  58. May 24, 2015
    Brilliant! I loved it! The cgi-especially for 1993-was fantastic! Abslolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  59. Jun 21, 2015
    For a film that was released in 1993, the CGI still holds up after 20+ years. The film is still enjoyable, though it does have noticeable flaws and isn't scientifically accurate. It is an absolute blast to watch, even though I've seen the movie so many times. T-Rex was terrifying, the sauropods were breathtaking, Nedry and Malcolm are still funny and the movie is still just breathtaking.
  60. Jun 26, 2015
    One of the best movies is history my favorite movie of all time. the plot is amazing and new the charter are great there are millions of thing right with this movie that I do not have time it talk about.
  61. Jul 7, 2015
    Great start for the Jurassic park series and probably best of the lot. This film is a great action film but with ian Malcolm their is also a lot of funny lines in this film as well so it is the perfect film!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks to memorable characters, masterful direction, incredible effects, captivating story, and a magical theme, Jurassic Park remains a timeless classic. Awe and thrills are seamlessly mixed to create a riveting adventure from start to finish. I love this movie and always will.
  63. Nov 27, 2015
    One of the best movies ever. I love this movie I can not think of one thing that is wrong about it. You well love this movie no matter what I 100% love this movie.
  64. Jan 25, 2016
    Jurassic park is one one of Steven Spielbergs best movies. Jurassic park has some of the best special effects of all time and is better than some effects we see today. Jurassic park revolutionized dinosaurs and made them cool again.
  65. Feb 29, 2016
    I love this movie hands down it's the best movie ever.This movie is my childhood.I have seen this move over 1,00 times.I was only a year old when I saw this move and it made me want to make my own JP series.
  66. Jun 13, 2016
    A truly great and nostalgic movie that had gotten me into dinosaurs when I was younger. This movie gives out masterpiece movie requirements to all viewers of all ages.
  67. May 27, 2016
    This is my all-time favorite movie. The characters were fleshed out and real, the special effects were amazing (especially for the time of its release), and the dinosaurs were treated like animals, not monsters.
  68. Aug 5, 2016
    Jurassic Park is yet another of Spielberg's classics that tells a thrilling story and takes the viewer on one hell of an adventure. The casting and performances are terrific, John Williams music is magical, the special effects still hold up well today, and the writing is perfect. Spielberg's use of suspense throughout the action sequences creates a masterful experience for the viewer. ThisJurassic Park is yet another of Spielberg's classics that tells a thrilling story and takes the viewer on one hell of an adventure. The casting and performances are terrific, John Williams music is magical, the special effects still hold up well today, and the writing is perfect. Spielberg's use of suspense throughout the action sequences creates a masterful experience for the viewer. This is a movie you don't want to miss. Expand
  69. Aug 10, 2016
    One of my favorite movie it's amazing I would say go see but you have all rightly see just see it again...............................................
  70. Aug 15, 2016
    Let's tell something, this movie was something beautiful and nostalgic from my childhood, when i was a baby, i love dinosaurs, and this movie was something that i wont forget :'D
    Sep 11, 2005
    I have a special bond with his movie. Jurassic park was the first movie i ever saw in a Theater, and what a way to start off! Good CGI, but the characters have Hollywood entertainment flowing through them, adding energy to what would've been a by-the-numbers flick. Good editing, too. The sequels aren't outright bad, kinda like ID4 with dinos, but they don't have the solid I have a special bond with his movie. Jurassic park was the first movie i ever saw in a Theater, and what a way to start off! Good CGI, but the characters have Hollywood entertainment flowing through them, adding energy to what would've been a by-the-numbers flick. Good editing, too. The sequels aren't outright bad, kinda like ID4 with dinos, but they don't have the solid structure of this one. The Lost World is open for anyone who can't get enough dino, and thought the original didn't give em enough. Jurassic Park Three is Lost world Lite, but still entertaining, with even better CGI and a certain dumb charm. Hope the fourth shows a return to form. Expand
  72. PamL.
    May 20, 2006
    A riveting adventure from start to finish.
  73. TitaniumDragon
    Nov 30, 2008
    Frankly, this movie is grealty underrated by critics, which just goes to show that while critics sometimes hit, sometimes they miss as well. While it is true that Titanic was awful, and made more money than it ever deserved to, ten years later no one remembers it. People remember Jurassic Park. The reality is that Jurassic Park was the beginning of an era. Up to that point, no one had Frankly, this movie is grealty underrated by critics, which just goes to show that while critics sometimes hit, sometimes they miss as well. While it is true that Titanic was awful, and made more money than it ever deserved to, ten years later no one remembers it. People remember Jurassic Park. The reality is that Jurassic Park was the beginning of an era. Up to that point, no one had done something nearly so ambitious. The effort gone into making the movie shows; the dinosaurs look amazing, and this movie pulls off something VERY few movies have done - seamless CG. The dinosaurs look like they're really there, and you can't tell when they're using animatronics and when they're using CG. Its amazing, and the movie is a visual masterpiece. Indeed, I would go so far as to argue that no movie since has managed the same level of realism with their CG monsters, simply because everyone is lazy. Comparing this to later movies, such as the new Star Wars movies, makes the Star Wars movies look dated and amateurish. But its not JUST the dinosaurs and their wonderful visuals. Its also a very solid plotline of man doing things with science, and due to arrogance get in real trouble. Sadly, it doesn't contain some of the awesome plotpoints of the book which underscore this, such as their automated tracking system which has an internal cap as to how many dinosaurs it would display because they only assumed that the number of dinosaurs could go down, not up. Sadly, this plot point is lost, so the hubris is lessened. Even so, while this movie isn't the best in terms of plot, it manages to be a great movie. While not a 10, its a 9 - a movie that everyone should see, because it is that good. Some of the characters aren't that great, but others are excellent, and overall the movie is a great effort and is fun to watch. In the end, a movie like this exists to entertain and maybe make people think about some possiblities, and this movie accomplishes both. Expand
  74. raVen
    Jul 19, 2003
    Sure, if you don't believe in Santa Claus, send the presents back. But please don't complain once you've opened them. People who don't want this film won't get it. But I can't speak to that because I can't imagine NOT liking this movie. Yes, the book is more thoughtful, but all these years and two sequels later the movie is still an awesome fantasy.
  75. Feb 20, 2011
    This is a movie that offers something new and exciting, this was one of my favorite movies growing up, and the best in the series, if your a Dinosaur fanatic like myself you'll love this movie.
  76. Oct 3, 2011
    For anyone who was fascinated by dinosaurs as a kid, Jurassic Park is a godsend. It's fun, engaging and a well-told story. Spielberg does sentimental family films like no other, and Michael Crichton's ideas from the book the film is based on add a little extra intrigue to the story. Most of the cast are serviceable rather than outstanding, and the characters aren't the most interesting orFor anyone who was fascinated by dinosaurs as a kid, Jurassic Park is a godsend. It's fun, engaging and a well-told story. Spielberg does sentimental family films like no other, and Michael Crichton's ideas from the book the film is based on add a little extra intrigue to the story. Most of the cast are serviceable rather than outstanding, and the characters aren't the most interesting or original ever committed to film, though Laura Dern still impresses. The real stars of the show (as they should be) are the dinosaurs, proof that a combination of CGI and animatronics result in effects that age the least noticeably over time (the film is nearly 20 years old and the special effects are only just starting to look out of date). The set pieces are also fantastic, particularly the T-Rex reveal and the now infamous Velociraptor kitchen scene. Jurassic Park benefits in a real way from the dream-team combination of Spielberg's expert direction, Stan Winston's creature effects and John Williams' masterful score (easily among the finest he has ever composed), consequently the film is finely crafted and truly memorable. Scored purely on its value as a film, Jurassic Park probably deserves an 8, but since it's the most important film of my childhood, I'm prepared to bump it up to a 9. Expand
  77. Jan 7, 2012
    Brilliant action-packed film by Spielberg. CGI, dramatic scenes, and blood-thirsty animals make it thrilling, and worth watching. Unforgettable score and hair raising effects will give you a scare you'll never forget.
  78. Jun 1, 2012
    Everytime I hear low rumbling of thunder off in the distance....I think of a t-rex outside my house because of this movie.
  79. Nov 28, 2012
    With a great cast, wonderful story, and unforgettably stunning soundtrack, "Jurassic Park" does not disappoint. Truly brilliant filmmaking here.
  80. Apr 21, 2015
    Few movies have ever managed to captivate me the way this one did. I watched it on opening night when it first came out in theatres. Then about a dozen more times after that. I bought the VHS, DVD, Blu Ray, book, sound track, trading cards, stickers, posters, even had a Jurassic Park tie at one point. So yeah, I'm a huge fan.

When it first came out, it was a visual marvel. Today the CG

When it first came out, it was a visual marvel. Today the CG sequences do show their age, but luckily most of the practical effects still hold up, a testimony to why animatronics is still valid.

Great story, it does deviate a bit from the book but not too much. Interesting characters, but the dialogue now does feel a little hammy at time.

Overall:
    Jurassic Park is one of my favourite movies from my childhood. While it is a little dated now, it still holds up remarkably well, considering its age.
  81. Aug 17, 2013
    Jurassic Park is an epic adventure fantasy film. It has everything that the audience wants action, suspense,some humor and a little violence as there are dinosaurs. The dinosaurs are really amazing as the technology was not that developed when Jurassic Park came out. The actors are really good, especially the two kids and it has a lot of suspense. I thought it wouldn't have so much bloodJurassic Park is an epic adventure fantasy film. It has everything that the audience wants action, suspense,some humor and a little violence as there are dinosaurs. The dinosaurs are really amazing as the technology was not that developed when Jurassic Park came out. The actors are really good, especially the two kids and it has a lot of suspense. I thought it wouldn't have so much blood and violence as I thought it was a PG movie, but I don't have these kind of problems. Jurassic park is epic and haters gonna hate. I was hesitating at first because I don't like dinosaurs and stuff but Jurassic Park amazed me and it is a classic one. A must-watch. Best film with dinosaurs for sure! Expand
  82. Jun 18, 2015
    A superb and innovative film that really grips the audience in its wonder and terror. This film is a strong part of my generation and easily is one of the best films of its time.
  83. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Jurassic Park was my favourite film for over 15 months, because I found it so brilliant and possibly the most ingenious Steven Spielberg film he directed.
  84. Mar 13, 2015
    This is perhaps the earliest movie I remember watching and what a movie it is to remember. The dinosaur effects are great, the characters are good, and the story is memorable. Sure, the paleontology is off at times (the Velociraptors being the same size as us and being superintelligent for example) but I don't care because this movie is awesome.
  85. Jul 18, 2015
    Even after 20-something years, Steven Spielberg's 'Jurassic Park' is still an incredible blockbuster, filled with gorgeous visual effects that still hold up today.

The movie focuses on a park that was created by John Hammond (Richard Attenborough), who, as author Michael Cricheton described as a "dark Walt Disney" and three experts, played by Sam Neil, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum respectively explore the park, and then run into some consequences.

The movie mostly focuses on Sam Neil's character, Alan, saving John Hammond's grandson and granddaughter from the gigantic T-Rex throughout the entire movie.

What this movie is very good at is suspense and Spielberg uses it effectively. One scene that stands out the most is when the characters are in the cars and the grandson, Tim, hears thudding from a distance. He looks at the glasses of water on the dashboard and sees them shaking, and we get a close-up shot of this as it happens for a while. This is obviously a sign that a dinosaur is approaching and Spielberg is good at putting the audience on edge.

I guess the movie's only flaw would be the way the human characters are used throughout the film. The dinosaurs are the main stars here, and by "dinosaurs" I mean the special effects, which still look terrific. The human characters are there to make the dinosaurs look even scarier to the audience by looking up in awe and/or fear and screaming to the top of their lungs. Spielberg doesn't use many surprises to show us the dinosaurs as we see them early and throughout the duration of the film, so to keep them looking scary, make the human characters look even smaller and make them scream, this is not a gimmick, but it's a tiny flaw.

Other than this, you get great looking dinosaurs, great suspense and a great time at the movies filled with some neat action and some touching moments. 'Jurassic Park' is a joy to behold.
  86. May 11, 2015
    Jurassic Park is a masterpiece. It is an achievement. One of the greatest achievements in cinema history. Jurassic Park is one of the best family film out there. You can enjoy this movie any time. I love this movie so much.
  87. Jan 5, 2016
    As the best in the series and will always remain the best dinosaur movie of all time, Jurassic Park will not only bring your eyes into the action, but it'll make your brain hooked to the adventure.
  88. May 31, 2016
    The artistic medium of film is very subjective. Every audience member has a different set of criteria they use to measure their viewing experience. Not everyone shares the same set of criteria. If we did, what a bland and uninspired world this would be.

What I Personally Liked About "Jurassic Park": Let's begin with the metaphorical elephant in the room, shall we? Director Steven

What I Personally Liked About "Jurassic Park":
    Let's begin with the metaphorical elephant in the room, shall we? Director Steven Spielberg was worried that the computer animation for the inhabitants of the titular island would be too phony looking for their own good. However, the dinosaur designs are simply stunning. Nothing even remotely like them had been seen at this point in cinematic history and they forever changed how the world viewed CGI technology (and rightfully so). The first time we see the Brachiosauruses lumber onto our screen, the massive creatures are beyond breathtaking. But let's not forget that there are other characters involved in the film outside of the prehistoric beasts. The variety of characters roaming through this film is a breath of fresh air when compared to other big budget special effects films, and not just from the early nineties either. So many other science fiction/fantasy movies throughout history had a certain sameness to their characters. They relied on the quality of their effects to carry the film instead of realizing that well-rounded personalities move the story forward in ways effects simply cannot accomplish. "Jurassic Park" does not make that mistake. From the glorified, self-assured chaotician Ian Malcolm to the separate high-tech nerd (Lex Murphy) and book smart nerd (Tim Murphy) grandchildren of John Hammond, the personalities of the assorted park staffers and park visitors are all unique and complete unto themselves. The suspension of disbelief at the revival of long dead dinosaurs is much easier to bear when watching such vibrant people thrust into the perilous situations presented on screen. The pleasant attempts at humor seem natural as well; like they belong in this cinematic landscape rather than being shoehorned in to boost the audience's appreciation. Spielberg's pacing of the film is quite delightful, too. The early sense of wonderment and discovery plausibly evaporates into an atmosphere of tension and electrically-charged adventure. Finally, the memorable score of John Williams really heightens specific moments of the movie. It might not be as legendary as the work he did for the "Star Wars" franchise, but it comes surprisingly close.

What I Personally Disliked About "Jurassic Park":
    Dennis Nedry. It's not that I mind Wayne Knight as an actor, nor is it the fact that I mind the Nedry character as some minor annoyance used for a couple of bits of antagonistic comedy in the control room of the park. No, what bothers me the most about the character is that the creators of the film actually felt they needed the perfunctory human villain to facilitate the dino danger. Instead of a simple park failure to place people in jeopardy, Michael Crichton and David Koepp fell into the inevitable trap that only humanity can bring harm upon humanity in a giant monster movie. It's always the fault of one nefarious human being or a group of unwitting human beings who unleash the colossal havoc from its cage. As if the notion of genetic tampering simply wasn't dangerous enough for the film, we have to have the sentiment bashed over our heads that it's humanity's fault every single step of the way.

My Overall Impression of "Jurassic Park":
    Outside of the Nedry pitfall, this is what the idea of popcorn enjoyment is all about. It is the very definition of a summer blockbuster which doesn't overstay its welcome and still holds up well today. Back in 1993, it also provided a perfect balance of thrills and chills to Spielberg's heart-wrenching drama "Schindler's List" which followed this monumental event. This is an undeniable winner and it set the bar high for future monster mayhem.
  89. Jul 13, 2016
    The first film to introduce full, real-to-life CGI, Jurassic Park is a wonderful, well-rounded action flick with jaw-dropping visuals, stellar acting, taut direction, and edge-of-your-seat action.
  90. JaredC.
    Aug 4, 2007
    A great movie, it is one of its decades best. An amazing film that keeps you at a firm grip, and has you straight in engagement. A movie with visual effects that are still reaching our standards today.
  91. AndrewM
    Nov 21, 2004
    Jurassic Park is an incredibly effective film - a fact received not without astonishment, considering the weak elements it intermittently displays! For the purist, I am sure, JP is heavily laden with gaping 'logic-holes' and more than a couple of unexplained plot irregularities. But none of this really matters... Put succinctly, this is one hell of an action-thriller. A Jurassic Park is an incredibly effective film - a fact received not without astonishment, considering the weak elements it intermittently displays! For the purist, I am sure, JP is heavily laden with gaping 'logic-holes' and more than a couple of unexplained plot irregularities. But none of this really matters... Put succinctly, this is one hell of an action-thriller. A fantastic story filled with mind-blowing effects and generally credible characters. On a sidenote, I just don't know how so many kids sat through this film...I am well into adulthood (not necessarily maturity) but when T.Rex first attacked I might as well have been five again...I s..t myself! This is a great adventure film with plenty of thrills and chills - and just the right dosage of comedic relief, especially from the brilliant Jeff Goldblum. It has its share of faults, no doubt - but rarely have weaknesses been so negligible. A must see. Expand
  92. May 28, 2011
    This movie is one of my favorites, I've watched this movie so many times since I was five years. This movie is a classic that more acclaimed standing right next to so many other Spielberg masterpieces.
  93. Aug 25, 2015
    Steven Spielberg's "Jurassic Park" is a simply astonishing masterpiece, with an excellent cast, plot, and moreover visuals that exceeds any other of its era.
  94. Sep 1, 2014
    Jurassic Park is Steven Spielberg's big-screen vision of Michael Crichton's famed novel about dinosaurs in the modern world. Stunning visuals and a killer plot, it's a classic and a classic of our time.
  95. Jun 11, 2013
    I wish the movie lived up to its classic score, but it doesn't. However, it is a groundbreaking picture that is filled with adventure and action. Entertaining and at times, epic.
  96. Mar 8, 2014
    It's got intensity, excitement, great visuals and humor - almost everything you expect from a Spielberg movie. The movie also has some great, effective, suspenseful scenes that you make you be on the edge-of-your-seat.
  97. Dec 9, 2012
    "Jurassic Park" is a wonderfully imagined film. It owes its greatness to digital wizardry, beautiful panoramas, and Michael Crichton's captivating novel.
  98. Jan 22, 2013
    For its time the effects are spectacular. Soon will draw the remastered in 3D and it will be great.
  99. Sep 19, 2013
    Jurassic Park holds up surprisingly well to this day. It may not be the deepest or best written movie ever made, but it's one of the most thrilling. Spielberg is a master of creating tension and incredible set-pieces. Most of the visual effects are still adequate, which is incredible for a movie made in 1993. If a visual effects film holds up like that after 20 years there's a goodJurassic Park holds up surprisingly well to this day. It may not be the deepest or best written movie ever made, but it's one of the most thrilling. Spielberg is a master of creating tension and incredible set-pieces. Most of the visual effects are still adequate, which is incredible for a movie made in 1993. If a visual effects film holds up like that after 20 years there's a good chance it may never be completely antiquated. The script can be somewhat clunky at times however. It's not a bad script, just somewhat lacking when compared to something like The Truman Show or Inception. It's still more than functional for a monster movie, and the main characters are thankfully likeable if somewhat needing of more complex characterization. It's not perfect, but it's an extremely memorable and sometimes exhilarating action film that has deservedly gone down as a benchmark in movie history. Expand
  100. Jan 13, 2015
    Rewatched it recently on BD. I haven't seen this movie in ages and its still as good as I remembered. Good story, decent acting, some nice effects for the that time.

1. Los Angeles Times
    Reviewed by: Kenneth Turan
    All the imagination and effort (including 18 months of pre-production) that went into making the dinosaurs state-of-the-art exciting apparently left no time to make the people similarly believable or involving. In fact, when the big guys leave the screen, you'll be tempted to leave the theater with them. [11 June 1993, Calendar, p.F-1]
  2. Time
    Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    For dinosaurs to rule the earth again, the monsters needed majesty as well as menace. And Spielberg got it all right. [14 June 1993, p.69]
  3. The New Republic
    Reviewed by: Stanley Kauffmann
    The results make poor old King Kong look like something from a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Such is progress. [12 July 1993, p.26]