Release Date: November 27, 2003
8.7
Universal acclaim based on 107 Ratings
WATCH NOW
FromShadowsMay 18, 2012
Normally I dont care much about music but damnit this movie has so many of the excellent ones and a good story. It is a nice movie the one which sends you entertained and something to think about. All in all an excellent entertainer.
airgear247Dec 20, 2013
No other movie has affected my life like this movie, whenever i hear the music i remember the heartfelt moments and fantastic movie. These critics reviewing the movie didn't even know that the actors actually don't sing but lip sync! That isNo other movie has affected my life like this movie, whenever i hear the music i remember the heartfelt moments and fantastic movie. These critics reviewing the movie didn't even know that the actors actually don't sing but lip sync! That is embarrassing! I am proud to call this movie my favorite! I am a movie buff and out of all of the movies i have watched this is the one I consider to be the greatest! Expand
arbazcppFeb 23, 2014
Let me just say the critics who gave this movie mixed reviews are untrustworthy. I say so because one of them claims that the leads have 'good singing voices'. That person obviously doesn't watch any bollywood movies, otherwise they wouldLet me just say the critics who gave this movie mixed reviews are untrustworthy. I say so because one of them claims that the leads have 'good singing voices'. That person obviously doesn't watch any bollywood movies, otherwise they would know that they are simply lip syncing rather than singing.

(NO spoilers)
Kal Ho Naa Ho has an admittedly slow start, and the only thing that seems to keep it going for the first 15 to 20 minutes is Shahrukh Khan's character, Aman, and his shenanigans, but the movie quickly picks up pace as the viewer begins to realize Aman is hiding something, and leads to a startling realization. This is where SRK shines: this movie beautifully showcases his ability to both wrench your heart and entertain you, and not once does he slip up. Preity Zinta and Saif Ali Khan also do amazingly well at both acting and leaving a good impression on the audience, and it gives the viewer empathy towards the characters, which is what ultimately makes the ending of this movie so strong.

While most people simply try to get through the songs in a bollywood movie, I found myself thoroughly enjoying the dance numbers and mini-plots in this movie's songs, and the voices of the singers are absolutely amazing as well. Watch for a special appearance by Rani Mukherjee and Kajol.

The thing that really brings this movie home is it's amazing script, and how well the actors and actresses are able to portray their characters without going over the top, which is difficult to do with character as these. Overall, it is a must-watch and deserves every high rating it gets.