4.9

1. Apr 16, 2011
    This is a SEVERELY underated film. The acting is great, the plot is pretty decent and the jokes are belly-achingly funny. I don't care what the god-damn critics say, WATCH THIS FILM or else you will regret it.
  2. May 29, 2012
    Some jokes work and some don't. Kangaroo Jack has hit or miss humor but the real star is that annoyingly interesting kangaroo. That kangaroo saved the movie with its performance.
  3. Aug 2, 2012
    this is my favorite movie of all time. sure it is silly, and the premise is silly, but thats the point of the movie. i found it entertaining as a 9 year old, and now as an 18 year old. its a good fun movie.
  4. Oct 26, 2013
    My memory does fade from time to time, but I do remember being unable to apprehend the convoluted storyline and hammy acting and stereotyped subplots. And the artificial computerized Kangaroo Jack is shockingly painful to look at when at a movie theater. Jerry O'Connell was downhill from 'Stand By Me', and Anthony Anderson, I don't when he acts decent, not even in 'The Departed'. I give it a four because I got a few laughs, a few. Otherwise, this would be a one from me. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 25 Critics

Straight from the fiery, churning bowels of high-concept hell comes Kangaroo Jack, Bruckheimer's idea of kid-friendly fare, and some of the longest 90 minutes ever committed to film.
    The 'roo doesn't talk, except in a dream sequence…I'm dying here.
  3. What better to do with such a quiet, majestic landscape than to liven it up with the noise and vulgarity of lowest-common-denominator American pop culture?