7.4

1. Mar 3, 2012
    I just gave this film the same score that I gave Kindergarten Cop, if that tells you anything.
  2. MikeH
    Aug 29, 2009
    I literally found this movie boring... what the hell happened!?
  3. DonS
    Mar 1, 2008
    I Absolutely Hated this movie. It's just an hour and an half of Uma killing a whole lot of people! This movie really sucks. I get angry every time I think about it. >:(
  4. StaciG
    Nov 13, 2007
    The script read like Tarantino was having a conversation with himself. The violence was stylish, but no matter how you wrap it, crap is crap.
  5. Mick
    May 24, 2006
    Awful. A well Polished B-Movie does not a good Movie make. Style and no content! Took all that is bad about this genre of film and supersized it.
  6. LucasK
    Jan 4, 2006
    Wow.... sooo gory... and the blood is super exaggerated.... although the soundtrack was good... This is way overrated.
  7. GaneshV.
    May 16, 2005
    Quentin Tarantino has done it again...he has finally revealed to the world how much b.s. he has up in his brain...i mean , can u carry a sword in the aircraft?...yes u can if u are uma thurman and u are a samurai...some good violent scenes but really unbelievable and exagerrated.........its good on a saturaday afternoon when u have nothing to do...with the same old monotonous direction Quentin Tarantino has done it again...he has finally revealed to the world how much b.s. he has up in his brain...i mean , can u carry a sword in the aircraft?...yes u can if u are uma thurman and u are a samurai...some good violent scenes but really unbelievable and exagerrated.........its good on a saturaday afternoon when u have nothing to do...with the same old monotonous direction style...gimme a break...totally over rated movie...i dont understand why quentin tarantion had to spend 8years to release this b.s...if ur really stressed out and want some sadistic fun just watch out for the gory fight scenes. Expand
  8. MikeS.
    Feb 21, 2005
    And the point was?
  9. SusanM.
    Feb 1, 2005
    Worst movie I ever saw. Did Tarantino sustain some sort of head injury or something? I couldn't even finish it, had to shut it off.
  10. IlzeS
    Jan 18, 2005
    Just awful! This movie really sucked! I don
  11. NinaS.
    Oct 8, 2004
    I just saw this for the first time on DVD. While I appreciate the extreme stylishness of this movie (parts of it are extraordinary, both funny and startling) by the end of it I found myself simply bored by tedious dialogue, cartoonish violence and self-indulgent, padded (even swollen) scenes that should have been cut down or out. I understand that it's an homage to movies that QT I just saw this for the first time on DVD. While I appreciate the extreme stylishness of this movie (parts of it are extraordinary, both funny and startling) by the end of it I found myself simply bored by tedious dialogue, cartoonish violence and self-indulgent, padded (even swollen) scenes that should have been cut down or out. I understand that it's an homage to movies that QT loves -- that's clear. But this movie certainly didn't make me love it or them, and it left me instead with a sense of its essential emptiness. I wouldn't call it a waste of time, because even QT's failures are interesting, but it was a bit of a yawn. Ah well, to each his or her own, I suppose. Expand
  12. StanJ.
    Aug 7, 2004
    There is no plot. Here is the plot - Uma wants revenge, and she is involved in 4 fights. There is also a scene where she talks to a Chinese guy and he gives her a sword - that's the movie. The fights are boring - it is like looking out your window and watching kids play cops and robbers with tree branches [in the "movie" they use dummy swords]. It is predictable and formulaic. After There is no plot. Here is the plot - Uma wants revenge, and she is involved in 4 fights. There is also a scene where she talks to a Chinese guy and he gives her a sword - that's the movie. The fights are boring - it is like looking out your window and watching kids play cops and robbers with tree branches [in the "movie" they use dummy swords]. It is predictable and formulaic. After I finished watching it, I haven't spent any time thinking over any of it. If you want to watch it, then wait until they show it on network TV... Expand
  13. GreyBeard
    Aug 1, 2004
    QT needs to decide whether he wants to be (just) an iconoclast, or a storyteller with something to say. Fight scenes are tedious (rather like the Matrix nonsense) and the story line is pretty limited, while the characters are just mannequins to be chopped up in an over-grizzily manner. It may be a masterpiece in terms of a variety of techniques and his knowledge of them, but they QT needs to decide whether he wants to be (just) an iconoclast, or a storyteller with something to say. Fight scenes are tedious (rather like the Matrix nonsense) and the story line is pretty limited, while the characters are just mannequins to be chopped up in an over-grizzily manner. It may be a masterpiece in terms of a variety of techniques and his knowledge of them, but they don't really need to be explored in the same place at the same time. I didn't pay for the film to be impressed by his knowledge, but to be entertained, amused, challenged to think, none of which apply. Back to my Pulp Fiction video... Expand
  14. TylerC.
    Jun 26, 2004
    This is a test as to how good a movie is. I knew that there is a sequel out there and there might be a third movie released too. If this movie were good than I would look forward to seeing the sequel. As it is, I have no interest in seeing the second movie or seeing the third. This is the worst Tarantino movie ever!! The animation part was completely boring and he rest of it was just This is a test as to how good a movie is. I knew that there is a sequel out there and there might be a third movie released too. If this movie were good than I would look forward to seeing the sequel. As it is, I have no interest in seeing the second movie or seeing the third. This is the worst Tarantino movie ever!! The animation part was completely boring and he rest of it was just sword swinging for an hour. Why did he make two sequels? Expand
  15. CarlosA.
    May 24, 2004
    Pitiful. Incredible how Tarantino steals our money !!
  16. RichardN.
    May 13, 2004
    Rates as one of the stupidest, least interesting, most-offensive-for-no-reason films I've ever seen. Worse, the fight scenes were terminally long and boring.
  17. H.Yeung
    May 12, 2004
    A boring action flick.
  18. JeffF.
    May 5, 2004
    Vile bloody garbage.
  19. JohnDoe
    Apr 21, 2004
    Once you've seen the first dozen limbs removed the film becomes a dreary slog. The script is banal, and as good as the choreography is in the fight scenes, Uma is just too lanky and awkward to do those scenes justice. Choice of music was great, shame about the film.
  20. Jas
    Apr 18, 2004
    My god that has to be the most horrid movie I have seen in ages... I have looked at this movie from every perspective I can think of and any I have read on the net, and can't drag an ounce of entertainment from any of them. if you like watching cheesy gore, and ok fight scenes taken way too far, this may be for you... But I think I would pay not to see it again. if you want cheesy My god that has to be the most horrid movie I have seen in ages... I have looked at this movie from every perspective I can think of and any I have read on the net, and can't drag an ounce of entertainment from any of them. if you like watching cheesy gore, and ok fight scenes taken way too far, this may be for you... But I think I would pay not to see it again. if you want cheesy gore, rent the old dawn of the dead, you want cool fight scenes, rent crouching tiger hidden dragon, and hey, it even has the subtitles. Expand
  21. MelissaM.
    Apr 13, 2004
    I was not impressed. How can critics rate such a horrible acted movie "100"? Poor time-line and completely unbelieveable fight seens.
  22. KactUS
    Apr 13, 2004
    Derivative, simple and boring for a better movie, try Samurai Fiction or Pistol opera, you can see the origin of this movie, and it might open your mind to a new world of film. QT isnt an original, he has, since the beginning of his career been the monkey on the back of many filmakers, most from the pacific rim, whom he steals from with abandon. QT does to films what the photocopier does Derivative, simple and boring for a better movie, try Samurai Fiction or Pistol opera, you can see the origin of this movie, and it might open your mind to a new world of film. QT isnt an original, he has, since the beginning of his career been the monkey on the back of many filmakers, most from the pacific rim, whom he steals from with abandon. QT does to films what the photocopier does to documents. You always lose quality, no matter how good the copy is, its still a copy. Expand
  23. JonathanS.
    Apr 13, 2004
    It seems that most of the people who give this film a 10 are under the impression that those who did not like it failed to "get it." Wrong. I do get it - it is a postmodern pastiche of all the B action movies that QT loves so much, but with loads of extra blood and deliberately obvious self-importance. Unfortunately, while the fact that his favorite films are idiotic may be what amuses It seems that most of the people who give this film a 10 are under the impression that those who did not like it failed to "get it." Wrong. I do get it - it is a postmodern pastiche of all the B action movies that QT loves so much, but with loads of extra blood and deliberately obvious self-importance. Unfortunately, while the fact that his favorite films are idiotic may be what amuses him about them so, it is also that fact that makes a homage to them doubly idiotic. Assembling a list of your favorite film moments is not great filmmaking; it is simply listmaking. And lists are not stories. They do not make us feel. They do not teach us anything we do not already know (or at least that I have already seen many, many times before, done so much better (maybe I know this because I have a BA and a Masters in film, but I suspect not)). And so, in the end, I was not offended by this film, or grossed out, or angered, I was just bored. Come on, QT - you have so many loyal fans... Why not make some effort at making something interesting and new rather than insulting their intelligence with a thing like this? I give it a 3 only to honor the cinematographer and stunt coordinator. Expand
  24. NateB.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Wow. I mean, really wow. I was so excited to see this movie, and I have no comment for it. I'm a huge fan of pulp fiction, but this...I can't even describe how awful it is.
  25. BillR.
    Mar 14, 2004
    Most movies, even the basic throwaway crap variety, are fundamentally self-important, so no use calling Bill's bluff there, on one hand. But on the other, talk about the OMDS (overly meaningful dialogue syndrome) confrontational stink rising from this one! Match it up with some of the most pompously pulseless, poker-faced delivery you'll hear from 2003 (only Carradine's Most movies, even the basic throwaway crap variety, are fundamentally self-important, so no use calling Bill's bluff there, on one hand. But on the other, talk about the OMDS (overly meaningful dialogue syndrome) confrontational stink rising from this one! Match it up with some of the most pompously pulseless, poker-faced delivery you'll hear from 2003 (only Carradine's sounds vaguely, eerily appropriate), and it's a toxic mix. Kill Bill, at best, is just a curiously flaccid poser of a kickass drive-in show with a 100% self-imposed illusion of depth. An insubstantial, pretentious trifle, that an amusing number of so-called buffs have wasted their time inventing pretentious excuses for, and nothing more. Thurman throws herself into her role like a sacrificial lamb, for what little that's worth. Expand
  26. J.Cinnante
    Mar 9, 2004
    This dog should have been shot to put it out of its misery. What a piece of crap! Quentin, you gone soft on us man. There was no plot and nothing funny. Just blood and guts all over the place. Sad, real sad, because you once were the hottest thing on the Left Coast. Now you have faithful idiots who don't know that the goof is on them for paying to watch this crap. Can't wait for This dog should have been shot to put it out of its misery. What a piece of crap! Quentin, you gone soft on us man. There was no plot and nothing funny. Just blood and guts all over the place. Sad, real sad, because you once were the hottest thing on the Left Coast. Now you have faithful idiots who don't know that the goof is on them for paying to watch this crap. Can't wait for these same morons to sing your praises when you release the other half of this bomb and they pay up to see the same crap. QT you are a regular PT Barnum. Maybe even smarter. What's that you say? You know a sucker is born every minute. Follow Part II to the Exitorium. QT you have to be laughing. Don't try the Pet Rock on these dopes because they may catch on? Wink Wink Nod Nod. Expand
  27. LarryO.
    Mar 7, 2004
    Awful.
  28. DemonicAngel
    Mar 6, 2004
    Dreadful. A mishmash of directorial tricks ripped off from countless far better movies, awful dialogue, a paper-thin plot and no heart whatsoever. A triumph of style over substance. (But then, the Tarantino fanboys will watch anything he puts out anyway, even something as unredeemably bad as Kill Bill, so there's not much point me even writing this. )
  29. DavidP.
    Mar 4, 2004
    "To make a movie that does not have a plot..." That says it all and you rated it a perfect ten? This movie is absolutely horrible with an over the top view on blood and gore. Just terrible.
  30. StephenO.
    Mar 3, 2004
    Violence in any form is not entertainment. Quentin seems to have lost his touch instead making a bloody mess that attacks the senses. Hard to believe that the public could buy into this crap? Hated it from the beginnng to the part where it said "to be continued..." Well, it will be without me and countless others. Only hardcore diehard QT fans can buy into crap like this.
  31. TheresaL.
    Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Cameron take a deep breath and come up for air will you? Kill Bill is a horrible excuse for film making. I'm glad that you liked it but many of us hated it. Sorry, but I found nothing to like about this sorry ass film.
  32. Stanley
    Feb 28, 2004
    Revolting in every detail. Violence in its most brutal form that I did not find the least bit funny. Awful in every sense of the word. But I can understand the "Sicko"s" liking this crap as they kiss QT's ass. Man, he has to be laughing at what fool's you guys really are?
  33. JohnR.
    Feb 26, 2004
    S. whatever you caught from John C. perhaps you should take something for it? There are no redeeming values at all in this blood and gore despicable excuse for a movie. S I hope that you can stop scratching.
  34. HarrisonO.
    Feb 25, 2004
    Kill Bill = Needless violence without a plot. Just awful.
  35. MaryEllenW.
    Feb 24, 2004
    Kill anyone who is stupid enough to think that blood and gore is good fun.
  36. Heidi
    Feb 23, 2004
    Renan want fun? Stick your arm in a cement mixer. Better yet, why don't you stick your finger in an electric socket? Then we can all watch you and say that is great fun! How in the world can you see people butchered and say that is great fun? This was one of the most violent bloody films ever made and doesn't possess not one redeeming value. Just terrible.
  37. KatherineJ.
    Feb 21, 2004
    Totally inept and sadistic in its presentation. Done for one purpose and that is to refuel QT's bank account. He should stay retired.
  38. JosefH.
    Feb 20, 2004
    Very sad bloody effort by a once very talented man in Quentin T. Got me this time but now he must prove himself before I ever go see one of his films again. I'm sure his hard core fans will be there for the continuation of the same crap in Part II but for me it is the end of the line. If I hear one more rave about savagery and a spoof, I think I will become sick. Awful.
  39. TammyD.
    Feb 13, 2004
    I walked out after thirty minutes as it was that bad. Too much senseless violence to suit my taste. If those of you think that was a fun satire then I feel sorry for you. It is a violent piece of garbage without any redeeming quality whatsoever. Hated it.
  40. FrankF.
    Feb 11, 2004
    Sorry John I have to disagree. I found this vile and dispicable without any purpose or meaning. Just blood and needless gore. If you enjoyed it then great. But as far as I am concerned I am in the camp that hated it.
  41. HenryB.
    Feb 10, 2004
    Despised it. I walked out in the middle it was that bad. Quentin stay in retirement if your heart isn't in it? It's a pity because Quentin when he is on his A game is one of the best there is. He made no effort here. Awful.
  42. DavidG.
    Feb 3, 2004
    I won't give this movie the dignity of feeling strongly about it one way or the other, but suffice to say: you see one 6'5" blonde nurse assassin with a red cross on her white eye patch, you've seen them all. This flaccid, unimaginative, yawnfest is an attempt to pay homage to real action movies. Why it is flooded with pointless and incessant amputations is anyone's I won't give this movie the dignity of feeling strongly about it one way or the other, but suffice to say: you see one 6'5" blonde nurse assassin with a red cross on her white eye patch, you've seen them all. This flaccid, unimaginative, yawnfest is an attempt to pay homage to real action movies. Why it is flooded with pointless and incessant amputations is anyone's guess. I loved Kung Fu Sundays and I don't recall ever feeling so bored. I give it a 1 only because of Lucy Liu's close ups. Rowr. But even she, with all the beauty she has, could not make Kill Bill interesting. Bill should Kill himself. Expand
  43. SidneyF.
    Absolutely dreadful.
  44. SharonW.
    Feb 3, 2004
    Vile and disgusting without any redeeming qualities. Repulsive.
  45. Tanya
    Feb 2, 2004
    Kyle, let's see if I have this right? A terribly violent bloody spoof of a martial arts film WITHOUT a plot and you gave it a perfect ten to match Gone With The Wind? Enough said.
  46. WinstonF.
    Feb 1, 2004
    Kenshin perhaps you had a lobotomy to go along with your gelding. Bill was a vile disgusting disgrace of a movie that was only made for morons who worship at the feet of the retired QT. Get a life while you're waiting in line for Volumes II, III, IV & V. Better yet sign over your check book to QT.
  47. LarryD.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Too violent and disjointed.
  48. Henry
    Jan 29, 2004
    Please don't tell me there is a Volume 2? They should burn it with all evidence of this worthless atrocity on the senses.
  49. HoraceJ.
    Jan 28, 2004
    I know one Englishmen who will not be seeing Volume 2. This first one was bloody awful. I hated it.
  50. KatherineW.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Eagle, if this is what you call entertainment, then wonderful. For me, it was a worthless piece of crap. To even compare this to the wonderful Pulp Fiction is ridiculous. Quentin should stay in retirement.
  51. WaltD.
    Jan 24, 2004
    Couldn't agree more with those who despised this film. It was a waste of time and money. The sequel or should I say the continuation will attract about two-thirds of those diehard Quentin fans who watched the first part of this dreck. There is nothing to see. Avoid.
  52. ShadM.
    Jan 23, 2004
    Tarantino- what were you thinking? This is vile, disgusting crap. If some of the violence was meant to be tongue in cheek it missed the mark with me...I just felt physically sick. And I am not usually squeamish. Nothing redeemable whatsoever. Also the pop culture references and humour may have worked in the early 90s, but now we have moved on. Tarantino obviously hasnt!
  53. RachelW.
    Jan 17, 2004
    Just abominable. The less said the better.
  54. DetroitConnection
    Jan 16, 2004
    Same old same old BS about nothing. The continuation will attract about 1/2 of the same QT fans who went to see this garbage thinking it would be another Pulp Fiction. Sorry, but this is all about making money for QT. Terribly disjointed poor excuse for a movie.
  55. Lolita
    Jan 8, 2004
    Arnie better get in line now so that you don't miss out on the sequel. Let's see blood and gore and then some more. Isn't this a great piece of crap? Only in America will people pay to see the same thing over and over. Clue to Arnie buy the DVD, sit home and chill out. You can watch it for eternity and it will still be crap.
  56. FreidaL.
    Jan 8, 2004
    This movie lacked soul. It was just terrible. I walked out half way through as did most of the sparse audience I saw this with. Quentin retire permanently if this is your best effort.
  57. DavidR.
    Jan 5, 2004
    I would like to kill the idiot who recommended I see this disaster. It was terrible and a waste of time. I walked out half way through.
  58. JonP.
    Jan 4, 2004
    I hated this movie so much... i think tarantino has been sitting around playing too much playstation and taking too much ..... I reckon everything good in the film he stole from the playstation classic Tenchu and everything bad in the film, which was te majority of it... was taken from his ass and the belief in his own hype... get it over it quinti... i know i have.
  59. JonP.
  60. Arleen
    Jan 4, 2004
    Simply awful with too much blood and gore. People were walking out of the theater in the middle of the film. That says it all.
  61. BarryP.
    Dec 29, 2003
    This flick plain sucked. Don't understand all the hype. Quentin just disappear like forever after this crap.
  62. Fusichinucca
    Dec 27, 2003
    This flick sucked big time. A waste of time and money. QT go back into retirement. The only saving grace is watching you who liked it pay to see the same "to be continued" crap in a few months time. The proof will be in the audience who will be one half of what attracted many to think this was another Pulp Fiction? Absolute stinkeroo.
  63. WendyT.
    Dec 27, 2003
    This movie if you want to call it that was pure crap.
  64. ScottE.
    Dec 18, 2003
    This is not the movie I was expecting from Quentin Tarantino. In fact, I doubt that this was the movie that anyone was expecting from the prolific imagination that brought us "Pulp Fiction" and "Reservoir Dogs." Tarantino has taken his fetishistic, ultra-violent subconcious and puked it onto the screen pages of this wretched cartoon of a movie. Whereas Uma Thurman was once the ultra-cool This is not the movie I was expecting from Quentin Tarantino. In fact, I doubt that this was the movie that anyone was expecting from the prolific imagination that brought us "Pulp Fiction" and "Reservoir Dogs." Tarantino has taken his fetishistic, ultra-violent subconcious and puked it onto the screen pages of this wretched cartoon of a movie. Whereas Uma Thurman was once the ultra-cool diva of "Pulp Fiction," she is now the psychopathically vengeful Bride in Tarantino's latest character incarnation. I found so few redeeming qualities in her characterization that I twice looked over at the Exit Door to verify that it was still there, as the plot continued to spiral into its inevitable death swoon. I cannot put into words how despondent my friends felt after enduring the hours of spurting blood and gratuitous violence that was offered up by this half-assed script. The only saving graces to this film were the few artful touches that Tarantino brought to a few segments of his abomination of a film. The bamboo water-catcher marking time in the House of Blue Leavers sword sequence and the School Bus arriving in the background of the initial battle with Vivica Fox are the only redeeming visions that I retain of this film. The rest is all filled with fanboy wet dreams of sophmoric perversion and almost-pornographic gore. This movie leeches so much from other genres that it lacks even the semblance of its own individual personality. If there was a petition to keep KBV2 from reaching theatres, trust me, I would sign it in a heartbeat! Expand
  65. RobertN.
    Dec 15, 2003
    One of the most over rated movies ever : stupid violence, shallow plot, bad rythm.
  66. PaulaD.
    Dec 13, 2003
    Quite possibly one of the worst films ever made. Blood and violence without any plot. Tarantino is so overrated that it is frightening. If this is all he can do let him retire for good. Avoid.
  67. SamK.
    Dec 11, 2003
    Sucked big time.
  68. Thesaint
    Dec 11, 2003
    A piece of pseudo-stylistic garbage from the most overrated director in Hollywood. I love seeing the "rave" reviews of film critics without enough sack to say what everyone else is thinking - Tarantino sucks. Mindlessly violent, a one-dimensional stupid plot, and a film style shamelessly ripped off from 1970s Hong Kong martial arts movies. It's just a shame that he's inspiring a A piece of pseudo-stylistic garbage from the most overrated director in Hollywood. I love seeing the "rave" reviews of film critics without enough sack to say what everyone else is thinking - Tarantino sucks. Mindlessly violent, a one-dimensional stupid plot, and a film style shamelessly ripped off from 1970s Hong Kong martial arts movies. It's just a shame that he's inspiring a legion of wannabe film students. Save your 8 bucks. Expand
  69. ConnnieR.
    Dec 10, 2003
    Really a poor effort by Mr. Tarentino. Extremely disappointing.
  70. Goliath
    Dec 9, 2003
    I'm not too good in Spanish but let me give it a whirl. Translated it means Bill sucked.
  71. SantiagoP.
    Dec 6, 2003
    Guido se la come al igual que tarantino! La verda es que soy re kpo El PEño.
  72. PaulaW.
    Dec 5, 2003
    Terribly disappointing effort.
  73. CareyG.
    Dec 4, 2003
    There are no adjectives to describe other than this was pure sh.t. Too much violence, no plot, just a meandering mess of a movie. Yes, I was very much looking forward to a QT masterpiece, but instead, this was nothing more than the usual commerical garbage that Hollywood churns up capitalizing on a name. I agree QT should retire if this is the best he can do?
  74. CraigS.
    Dec 3, 2003
    Regarding KB and have to say i may never go to see another film produced in the US again in protest. In their desperation to produce serials and trilogies instead of GOOD FILMS, it seems like really-very-thin plot lines are being stretched over too much celluloid (or, if you're George Lucas, digital memory - he films all in digital, you know). Don't get me wrong, KB is Regarding KB and have to say i may never go to see another film produced in the US again in protest. In their desperation to produce serials and trilogies instead of GOOD FILMS, it seems like really-very-thin plot lines are being stretched over too much celluloid (or, if you're George Lucas, digital memory - he films all in digital, you know). Don't get me wrong, KB is entertaining stuff and well worth a look (with a great twist at the end), but Tarantitillationio seems to have replaced witty and snappy dialogue (a la Pulp Fiction, all hail to him for that) with... er... no dialogue at all. Just long silences in which people pose with a variety of weapons and give each other "meaningful" glances before exploding into ludicrous violence. No plot, because it seems we have to wait for part 2 for that, unlike the Matrix sequels where it was all plot in 2 and violence in 3. Beautifully filmed, directed and choreographed, but absolutely no substance at all, just like Matrix II and III and the League of Extraordinary Cr*p. Go and see Goodbye Lenin. At least the Germans haven't forgotten how to make a film. DISCLAIMER: The excellent Finding Nemo is of course excempt from the above vented spleen. Expand
  75. Valk.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Blood, killing and violence do not make a good movie. This was terrible. I can't believe that people will pay to see the completion of this sh.t. Avoid at all costs. Tarentino should retire permanently if this is the best he has to offer.
  76. DavidS.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Hated all thirty minutes of it before I had enough. Tarentino needs about sixty years before he makes another film. One of the most violent movies I have ever seen. Awful.
  77. TedP.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Personally I walked out half way through as did most of the audience. Whoever liked this sh.t must have seen a different movie from what I was watching?
  78. DrewH.
    Dec 1, 2003
    Saw this in less than a theater filled with about 25% capacity. Could not believe how violent it was. The audience started walking out about 30 minutes into the film. I stayed until the bitter end or should I say to be continued. But it was amazing how few of the original audience remained as it was a steady trickle of people leaving the theater. The only thing I can say is that this Saw this in less than a theater filled with about 25% capacity. Could not believe how violent it was. The audience started walking out about 30 minutes into the film. I stayed until the bitter end or should I say to be continued. But it was amazing how few of the original audience remained as it was a steady trickle of people leaving the theater. The only thing I can say is that this movie is not for everyone and will only appeal to the hardcore QT audience who believe whatever he turns out is great. Personally, I thouht it was very bad. Expand
  79. JohnQ.
    Dec 1, 2003
    This is a movie in which they should kill Adam Luther, Robert Plant and Thomas K. all of whom hate Americans. Now that would be a wonderful satire that QT could be proud of? As for Kill Bill it sucked as much as the characters cited.
  80. BarryB.
    Nov 30, 2003
    I wish I could give it a negative ten that is how poor this flick was. QT you should retire permanently. Just awful.
  81. PennelopeT.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Simply hated every bloody minute of this terrible film. QT disappear forever.
  82. TarekR.
    Nov 28, 2003
    This one bad piece of crap movie. Almost as bad as Madonna in Swept Away. Quentin better get back to the real world man if you know what I mean? This ain't no Pulp Fiction if you get my drift. This sucked big time.
  83. RochelleL.
    Nov 28, 2003
    After watching this drek I now know how PET ROCKS became so popular back in the 70's. QT knew this movie sucked so he divided it knowing that his suckers believing that he has reached cult status will pay again to see the same thing in a few months. Good Luck To You ALL as he will never see a dime of my money again. Just awful.
  84. CarolAnnC.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Paul if you can rate this movie a perfect 10 then I only wish I could give it a negative -10. It was that horrendous as I walked out half way through.
  85. DevonP.
    Nov 27, 2003
    What an awful bloody movie. I tried to get into it but is was gosh awful. Killing, blood, gore and not much else. Very disappointing.
  86. LindaL.
    Nov 26, 2003
    Who let this dog out? What a piece of crap. I almost stepped in it running out of theater. Trailer trash.
  87. LindaL.
    Nov 26, 2003
  88. LaneR.
    Nov 25, 2003
    Kill me for being dumb enough to watch this junk. Absolutely nothing but blood and gore. Predictable and now you have to pay again to see a replay of the garbage that we have already seen? Those that liked this should committ themselves immediately to a mental institution. This is not art or pornography. Instead it is crap.
  89. JackR.
    Nov 24, 2003
    The majority of viewers at this website seemed to love this flick. I'm sorry but this was one of the sickest pieces of trash I have ever witnessed. I just don't get how this movie could be received as well as you seem to think it is. QT may have reached cult status but this is crapola.
  90. GaborA.
    Nov 22, 2003
    QT makes this movie living by a motto that many directors such as Kubrick, on more seldom occassions, have used as excuses for exaggeration: this is art, i can get away with anything. Yes you can, but please dont. Buckets of blood or hoards of nudity are ways to captivate interest, but it also the easiest way. Tarantino uses cinematography of gore to substitute plot or character QT makes this movie living by a motto that many directors such as Kubrick, on more seldom occassions, have used as excuses for exaggeration: this is art, i can get away with anything. Yes you can, but please dont. Buckets of blood or hoards of nudity are ways to captivate interest, but it also the easiest way. Tarantino uses cinematography of gore to substitute plot or character development. Thus what could have been a stylish movie turns into a insane disappointment and sickening experience. People admire the fact that victims of the bride's blade didn't just fall to the ground and disappear from the screen. No, they moaned and groaned and dragged their devastated bodies out the room. Unfortunately my exit from the theater was of a similar fashion. Expand
  91. HowardD.
    Nov 22, 2003
    One of the sickest piece of drek I have ever witnessed. Too much blood and violence for my taste.
  92. Audrey
    Nov 20, 2003
    Pure crap from start to finish. You pay to see the second part of this garbage. Fool me once...
  93. GaryF.
    Nov 19, 2003
    Nobita, with all due respect you had to be watching something other than what I was seeing? This movie tried to be another Pulp Fiction and failed miserably. All it is about is blood and gore. I failed to see one redeeming quality in this violent piece of trash. Sorry, but let's say we agree to disagree. Avoid at all costs.
  94. HoraceA.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Kill Me for being dumb enough to pay for this crap.
  95. JaredH.
    Nov 16, 2003
    I may have submitted my review without a score? I give it a big fat zero. Walked out thirty minutes into the flick when the mother was killed in front of her daughter. That was enough for me. Just gore, blood and violence personified. Not a satire in any sense of the word. Hated it.
  96. RonaldO.
    Nov 15, 2003
    This is what we waited six years for? Has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I thought it was terrible and walked out after an hour. You guys pay to see the second half of the same movie next time. Blood and gore and nothing else. Hated it.
  97. SamK.
    Nov 14, 2003
    Sucked big time.
  98. WhitneyP.
    Nov 12, 2003
    Unadulterated Garbage! Don't waste your time.
  99. LarryL.
    Nov 10, 2003
    Please kill me for being dumb enough to see this crap. Simply terrible and if anyone is studpid enough to pay to see the end of the movie I have a bridge I want to sell you. Pulp Fiction it was not. Very disappointing.
  100. BonnieD.
    Nov 6, 2003
    Tried to understand the satire but all I witnessed was needless gore and violence. Can't understand how people try to compare this to his great work Pulp Fiction. This misses by a mile. Avoid!

1. Reviewed by: Jim Agnew
    A hyper-violent, hyper-gory, kung-fu grindhouse flick. And there’s nothing at all wrong with that.
  2. Is Kill Bill a homage to great Asian action movies? Yes. Is Tarantino trying to outdo his cherished masters (on a budget that dwarfs their films)? Of course. Is there any other point of any of this? Let's see "Vol. 2."
    An incomplete movie, artlessly cleft in the middle. Cinema interruptus.